Post your builds

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
DSCN3274_zpsiowtpbfh.jpg

My first build. Crown RBA, 26 gauge Kanthal, 3mm id, .9Ω

started at 15 watts and worked up to 40 and back down to 30 watts. Seems to work just fine, cruised through about 4 tanks with no problems.

First off, welcome to the best little corner of VU ever ;)

Second, build looks great!! First build? Dang! Wish mine looked that good out the gate!

Third.. You Really like the way that crown Vapes with that build in the RBA deck?? @MidwestExpress and I have struggled for a while, eventually giving up on our crown RBAs!

Matt

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Second, build looks great!! First build? Dang! Wish mine looked that good out the gate!

Third.. You Really like the way that crown Vapes with that build in the RBA deck?? @MidwestExpress and I have struggled for a while, eventually giving up on our crown RBAs!

Matt
I have a 4 mm stainless dual coil the is vertical. It works ok but not enough for me to keep using the rba. I could try a single ss coil and use lower watts... just not how I like to vape. Crown is still my favorite tank using the .25 coils. So I just buy them up when I see them on sale. I got my Griffin tank today though. Didn't get to build it tonight but definitely will be tomorrow night!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Model_A_Ford

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Matt

Thanks for the kind words.

I like the deck okay I guess so far. I don't know enough to know better.
It's not at all like the stock coils, but I knew it wasn't going to be. So once I got over the more restrictive airflow, I enjoyed the vape. At about 3 seconds there's a nice little warm boost that's nice and creamy with the Mech Sauce I'm vaping.

It's the only deck I have to build on right now, so since the first build went good I figured I'd try something new.

I made some 36 gauge Kanthal over 26 gauge Kanthal the other day and was itching to use it. I don't think I pinched the coil enough so it's a bit gapped. I actually think the flavor was better on the plain wire, and I'm having multiple problems with it. I think I just got a little bit of a burned hit, then after a topfill it flooded and I got hot juice on the tongue. I think maybe I built it too high too, cause I put the coil as high as it can go

I re-wicked twice but it's still not as good as the first try.

DSCN3278_zpsfkl5xbch.jpg

Model_A_Ford

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ok, it settled down and is chugging along at 25 watts. no more top filling I think.

I think I'll try twisting some wire tomorrow

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
24/32 fused.
8c6a9d5ba49339e19b550837a660add1.jpg

ed5f4095d1040c8dba2d83fbe3e0b3e1.jpg
992f04dd06115823f5ba27f0f5177d91.jpg

3mm ID. 11ohm

sent from a dumb operated smartphone

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I do think after testing I couldn't really use claptons on that RBA... I've given up on it but it did seem to like the simple builds.

I gotta get me that tank Ray likes so much. Do you have any other atomizers??

Matt

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ok, it settled down and is chugging along at 25 watts. no more top filling I think.

I think I'll try twisting some wire tomorrow
How is the airflow with your rba builds? That was a huge killer for me. I'm so used to the free flow on that with stock coils that I could only build vertical and larger inner diameter to save the airflow.

EndDetour

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
3x28k-a1 cores 36n80 alien Clapton wrap duel coils. .2 ohm.... 2.85id...4.75 wraps
Warm, in your face flavor with a nice moderate throat hit. Puffing on some noggin face mech sauce
Mounted on the aeronaut rda. Building on this thing is definitely a learning curve but completely worth it. Out of all the rda's I've tried nothing comes close to the flavor this beast provides.
18e91c74f99343a6f1f18b746baaf684.jpg
9369f3a47d3278a2eb1e5c65d2d9186b.jpg
a168bd91f06a3eb1957281a792ab921c.jpg
124ef0146e277671c16b8069ca06d4a1.jpg

This rda has a 10mm juice well. Top and bottom airflow provided by pipes. Short of turning it upside down its practically leak proof. I can't speak highly enough about it. With the right wicking I can easily get 25 or more long drags without feeling the need to re-drip.

8015cb7cb36f55f5afd6f82860e81d25.jpg
0767448b63d39cfc6fb322a7812ad898.jpg
70f7f5e7a39fa54c520fd9b80006f17c.jpg
24ac75dbe460efcd1246d86c4d7a94cd.jpg
8270198fc36e398e588cf4a299c433e1.jpg
fa7156e02f556e4bb72eacff8cd8e3cb.jpg
a6cdd6371c1340ea5f5af45ff4a9a031.jpg

-every animal has an adequate amount of gray matter in its cranium to tan and preserve its own hide-

Last edited:

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Went to the vape shop today and one of the guys sold me his noisey cricket! What should i build for this this bad boy?

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Went to the vape shop today and one of the guys sold me his noisey cricket! What should i build for this this bad boy?
I have a 2x28K/40N, 10/11 wrap, 2.5mm ID fused Clapton on the TM in mine, and it vapes fantastic. I highly recommend that you try it!

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a 2x28K/40N, 10/11 wrap, 2.5mm ID fused Clapton on the TM in mine, and it vapes fantastic. I highly recommend that you try it!
Thanks. Im on se trying to figure out what else besides 28ga fc's but i guess thats what im gonna go with

Boattlebot

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So i finally got a build i can be proud of. The coil master at my local vape shop inspired me to come up with something original after showcasing a wire he made. It was basicly a a clapton in place of a staple in a framed staple. So i was tring to recreate it with a twist (literaly i was trying to braid 28 around a clapton but failed miserably) so i wound uo making something. To my knowledge its a first. Please for the love of god corect me if im wrong.
20160129_200524.jpg
I know it just looks like a fat fused clapton. But its not. Its 2 strands of 26k wraped in flat. Then its wraped in 34. So fsr it vapes great. The flavor is better then any clapton ive ever hit and even rivaling a framed stapke alien wraped with twisted 28 i hit. And did i mention its basicly a fog machine.

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
2x28/38 fc's 10 wrap on 2.3id.51 ohms on the noisey cricket. I may drop a wrap but im gonna feel it out first as is. Anyone else have issues with the fire button? Took the whole thing apart(including fire button) and gave it a thorough cleaning and its better now but before it would only fire if i hit it at a certain angle
3ebd965273eefeec38469c452fd3498d.jpg

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
No, the fire button is fine on mine. Maybe the dude you bought it from dropped it. Or did you buy it new from him?

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Built the Griffin tonight. Went with 2x24k/40k fc at 3.5mm just breaking it in. The big coils had to be adjusted a bit to clear the housing but I got them in.

Clicked in at .18 ohm.

I will know how this build will work by tomorrow. Air flow is a bit restricted but that is due to the big coils and all that cotton.

1f2be0f59cac7bf16bfc14f97e7953aa.jpg

a1cffb2494b30ad687ed21d561a7a0b7.jpg
f0f294db907485af30e42e2b82272ac2.jpg

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No, the fire button is fine on mine. Maybe the dude you bought it from dropped it. Or did you buy it new from him?
It was used but in good condition. Upon further inspection, it turns out the button backed off the metal contact so i think it was pushing in crooked

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Built the Griffin tonight. Went with 2x24k/40k fc at 3.5mm just breaking it in. The big coils had to be adjusted a bit to clear the housing but I got them in.

Clicked in at .18 ohm.

I will know how this build will work by tomorrow. Air flow is a bit restricted but that is due to the big coils and all that cotton.

1f2be0f59cac7bf16bfc14f97e7953aa.jpg

a1cffb2494b30ad687ed21d561a7a0b7.jpg
f0f294db907485af30e42e2b82272ac2.jpg

Still not big enough...;) Just joking, you should still have some room though, even with those wide ass coils...Told ya its a beast!
Report back on how it feels when broken in, Im sure its as close to a TM RDA Experience, the Airflow/Warmth/Flavor/ect...
I had someone tell me its just a Crius copy...do you feel that after using it?

Last edited:

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
This isnt my build, this is @Philly boy 's...These fit also :eek:...Its a true builders RTA...If the coils can fit in a Velocity RDA then it will fit the Griffin.

Chainlink Griffin.jpg Chainlink Griffin  .jpg Chainlink Griffin .jpg

I just place a ordered for a Black Griffin and a Black VCMT 25mm...cant wait for some more build decks so I can put some different builds in each!

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Basically, I'm interested in it for the larger build capacity. I wanna be able to put some kind of a juice sucking staple coil variant in it and take it with me when I'm out-n-about.

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Still not big enough...;) Just joking, you should still have some room though, even with those wide ass coils...Told ya its a beast!
Report back on how it feels when broken in, Im sure its as close to a TM RDA Experience, the Airflow/Warmth/Flavor/ect...
I had someone tell me its just a Crius copy...do you feel that after using it?
Those coils barely clear because of how wide they are. I may roll one wrap off and see what I get. Who knows, see how things go with it!

Do you keep the ring on to hold the cotton into the deck?

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Those coils barely clear because of how wide they are. I may roll one wrap off and see what I get. Who knows, see how things go with it!

Do you keep the ring on to hold the cotton into the deck?

Yes I have better results with it on, the cotton likes to get caught and tugged if its not on...If you need a wicking tut for it for "perfect wicking" Ill show you, send me a PM when needed.

The only place mine gets tight is around that juice ports...If you can drop a wrap to be inside of them then you could even fit 5mm ID coils in it...
Griffin Alien Build.jpg Griffin Alien Build .jpg

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Basically, I'm interested in it for the larger build capacity. I wanna be able to put some kind of a juice sucking staple coil variant in it and take it with me when I'm out-n-about.

Thats what I was looking for in a RTA...just there wasnt a real one until the Griffin came out and the VCMT...Just wait the 25mm Griffin will be out shortly with even more room and capacity!

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thats what I was looking for in a RTA...just there wasnt a real one until the Griffin came out and the VCMT...Just wait the 25mm Griffin will be out shortly with even more room and capacity!
I have to say. The Griffin is very well built! Very easy to build on!

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
The one thing I wish they would of included were some 304 SS Set Screws with it, Im glad I ordered a 50pk from Ebay, it uses the same cheap screws as the Crius and they do not hold up unless you get the 304SS version or a Hardened Set from a RC dealer.

That'll sho' look purty on my RX200!
They look Great on my Snow Wolf :D
Im still looking for a Regualted box thats 30mm, the ones I find arent great looking...I want that 30mm VCMT and Alpha Ohmega...

Im heading for bed, Midwest report back when you got that thing together!

Last edited:

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The one thing I wish they would of included were some 304 SS Set Screws with it, Im glad I ordered a 50pk from Ebay, it uses the same cheap screws as the Crius and they do not hold up unless you get the 304SS version or a Hardened Set from a RC dealer.

They look Great on my Snow Wolf :D
Im still looking for a Regualted box thats 30mm, the ones I find arent great looking...I want that 30mm VCMT and Alpha Ohmega...
Sure will look good on my hohm wrecker v2... When I finally order one. Ha-ha

Does look slick on my Xcube II but damn nice on my lavabox!

Do you have a link to the set screws you ordered? I need some to for all my velocity decks.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Sure will look good on my hohm wrecker v2... When I finally order one. Ha-ha

Does look slick on my Xcube II but damn nice on my lavabox!

Do you have a link to the set screws you ordered? I need some to for all my velocity decks.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
304 SS Set Screws, get 4mm for length, I ordered 50pk for $9

Model_A_Ford

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
twisted 2X28 did not work well, tore that out right away and put in some 24 gauge at .65Ω and it's working okay.

I don't know what I'm doing, trial and error is interesting though

DSCN3283_zps95pzqehh.jpg
DSCN3286_zpslzv6sjfw.jpg

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
twisted 2X28 did not work well, tore that out right away and put in some 24 gauge at .65Ω and it's working okay.

I don't know what I'm doing, trial and error is interesting though

DSCN3283_zps95pzqehh.jpg
DSCN3286_zpslzv6sjfw.jpg
Try building it vertical at 3.5mm or 4mm. That worked for me. I also drilled out my juice inlets so actually allow juice on to the cotton.

Model_A_Ford

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Try building it vertical at 3.5mm or 4mm. That worked for me. I also drilled out my juice inlets so actually allow juice on to the cotton.

I thought about a vertical a little bit, and how to fit it all together, I was wondering if rebuilding a stock coil might be easier than the rebuildable?

I'm fiddling around just trying to get a feel for how everything works and what affects what. I have a couple cheap RDAs and some 316L on the way.

Now I have 24K, 3.8ID, I think 9 wraps, at .91Ω

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Is that the TF-R1 TFV4 RBA?
If you can get the TF-R2, its a much better experience, the RCA is also easier to work on but it is overall smaller then the Single RBA

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I thought about a vertical a little bit, and how to fit it all together, I was wondering if rebuilding a stock coil might be easier than the rebuildable?

I'm fiddling around just trying to get a feel for how everything works and what affects what. I have a couple cheap RDAs and some 316L on the way.

Now I have 24K, 3.8ID, I think 9 wraps, at .91Ω
I never tried rebuilding a stock coil yet on this one. It was easy to throw one in the rba though. Plenty of space.

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My first framed staple alien. Litterally my first time working with ribbon and i got this about 100' of 38ga into it. I'd get an inch in and mess up the wrap, pull it off and start again and did this over and over till i got this because i didnt want to waste the core and build a new one considering what a pita that is in itself. The build is 26ga frame 5x.5 ribbon core and 38ga alien. 5 wraps on 2.3mm measures around .5ohms
d4e741ac036fff01ba6d1d6299a2f997.jpg

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
My first framed staple alien. Litterally my first time working with ribbon and i got this about 100' of 38ga into it. I'd get an inch in and mess up the wrap, pull it off and start again and did this over and over till i got this because i didnt want to waste the core and build a new one considering what a pita that is in itself. The build is 26ga frame 5x.5 ribbon core and 38ga alien. 5 wraps on 2.3mm measures around .5ohms
d4e741ac036fff01ba6d1d6299a2f997.jpg

Throw that in a Single Coil RDA and you got one of the best Flavor Setups you can get...

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Throw that in a Single Coil RDA and you got one of the best Flavor Setups you can get...
Well i did just get my twisted messes clone in (quality is subpar btw) thought i might try that

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Well i did just get my twisted messes clone in (quality is subpar btw) thought i might try that

Where did you get the clone? The clones off Ebay ($15-$25) are Exact Replicas...Ones I see from FT, GB, 3FV arent as nice looking..

I thought that was a bit high myself but I guess it could be done...

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Where did you get the clone? The clones off Ebay ($15-$25) are Exact Replicas...Ones I see from FT, GB, 3FV arent as nice looking..

I thought that was a bit high myself but I guess it could be done...
Gb.... I know i should know better. I might give that one away...
On the topic of the fsa, i put that thru the posts of the velocity and its hitting at .22ohms with very nice results

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I hit it with my multi meter and it came out to .9 and i subtract the lead resistance (.4) to get a rough estimate. Came out to .19 ohms.
I used the other coil i made in the velocity which had longer legs
27fcb4f2d5e369f2c7e157995fa40980.jpg

Not as clean as the first run but i was doing this while cooking dinner so... But it vapes very nice (.22 ohms @75 watts)

VU Sponsors