Become a Patron!

Post your builds

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Here is the build I made so far, just a single coil tonight but I havent prepped and installed it but pushing the leads through the Griffin and putting the cap over it it fits already, barely but space will improve with pinching and fitting..
I threw it in a Twisted Messes RDA to show how big it actually is and it barely fits in just the Negative Posts...The Macro Lens I have doesnt pick up the Details and Shine very well..
2 x 22K/30K Flattened and Polished Cat Track:
20160201_204205.jpg20160201_204102.jpg
20160201_203932.jpg

Attachments

• 20160201_203925.jpg
    20160201_203925.jpg
    257.8 KB · Views: 25

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here is the build I made so far, just a single coil tonight but I havent prepped and installed it but pushing the leads through the Griffin and putting the cap over it it fits already, barely but space will improve with pinching and fitting..
I threw it in a Twisted Messes RDA to show how big it actually is and it barely fits in just the Negative Posts...The Macro Lens I have doesnt pick up the Details and Shine very well..
2 x 22K/30K Flattened and Polished Cat Track:
View attachment 40042View attachment 40043
View attachment 40044 View attachment 40045
I swapped out those 3.5 mm coils for some 2.5 coils and wicked them better and now the Griffin is pulling nice.

It was interesting. Thankfully it has an adjustable pin. It wouldn't fire on my lavabox. Gave it half twist in and it fires great now. No more error messages. Fired just fine on the xcube II and still does. Not had any other tank or rda do that.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Well I am trying to show Jerus that the Griffins deck holds bigger builds then the Haze RTA...He somehow thinks its still bigger but I made that coil and just patched it on top of the Alien coils I have in when I was rewicking them and the best part is that coil fits even with the Alien build inside and theres still room....well I think thats about as much as Im going to go just to show the kid its the biggest deck in 22mm...

20160201_213839.jpg 20160201_213806.jpg 20160201_214155.jpg 20160201_214145.jpg

My next Griffin will definitely have some Quad 3mm ID Claptons in it...

Last edited:

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That scale comparison with the quarter works great though, thank you. Looks about 11-12mm which makes far more sense (nearly doubling the Haze which has a 4 post design rather than the 2 post).

And don't misunderstand me, the only reason I brought up the haze was as a point of reference. When I saw the 6mm labeled dimension it made me wonder how big it actually was and no one had a strait answer, just "it's big" which yeah, of course :confused:

Anyways that settles my concern, I should be able to get a few more wraps of the fused clapton wire I have (and bigger ID) and hopefully raise the resistance enough to safely do a dual coil build with my SS wire.

Appreciate the help, and sorry for any confusion.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
That scale comparison with the quarter works great though, thank you. Looks about 11-12mm which makes far more sense (nearly doubling the Haze which has a 4 post design rather than the 2 post).

And don't misunderstand me, the only reason I brought up the haze was as a point of reference. When I saw the 6mm labeled dimension it made me wonder how big it actually was and no one had a strait answer, just "it's big" which yeah, of course :confused:

Anyways that settles my concern, I should be able to get a few more wraps of the fused clapton wire I have (and bigger ID) and hopefully raise the resistance enough to safely do a dual coil build with my SS wire.

Appreciate the help, and sorry for any confusion.
I tried...I love being able to throw a .14 Ohm build in it and it hits just how i want it even on a mech mod...I got it on a Heimdall Brass Tube right now and with some 25R5's it lasts quite some time, with almost no ramp up time.

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nice braids!

Yeah, I have one turning 5 in 3 months and one about to be born in the next couple weeks.

I normally make the wire setup and then coil and wick during bath time. Works out well that way for me... For now...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Mine are 12 14 and 15... They help me stretch wire

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Very nice build and welcome to VU. I look forward to seeing more of your builds.
You lying sack of shit...you just like seeing that cat roll around with the ball of yarn.....you know Im right ;)

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
If I didn't have one, I would say those wouldn't fit, but I know they will! Very nice good sir!
I put them up against the coil I made last night and they are small in comparison...they will have PLENTY of room its funny to think that though..

Remember that build last night Fits in WITH My Alien Build in my Griffin, but that one Coil couldnt fit in the Twisted Messes RDA...
These are Dwarfed by that coil...so I know they'll fit :D
20160202_102050.jpg

I give props to you Sir, I couldnt stand using my AR Mod after I actually received it, that Button and overall function of that mod just killed it for me...
Nice Build though!
I'm gettin good at where to adjust the button and exactly how I can hold it comfortably so not bad, I'm getting great clouds. I tried a 22g twisted kanthal single coil. Way too hot. .15ohms too! Explosion range with my lil 18650 vtc4.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I'm gettin good at where to adjust the button and exactly how I can hold it comfortably so not bad, I'm getting great clouds. I tried a 22g twisted kanthal single coil. Way too hot. .15ohms too! Explosion range with my lil 18650 vtc4.
If your VTC4 is Authentic then that range is acceptable, just may be too hot for your tastes. I normally build around .1-.2 and I mostly use 25R's and LG HB2's and HB6's...I dont trust Sony Batteries...too many fakes out there and its too hard to pick out the Authentics when buying them.

If your VTC4 is Authentic then that range is acceptable, just may be too hot for your tastes. I normally build around .1-.2 and I mostly use 25R's and LG HB2's and HB6's...I dont trust Sony Batteries...too many fakes out there and its too hard to pick out the Authentics when buying them.
I keep hearing is dangerous to build below .3 with 20 amps continuous and even below .25 amps is dangerous with 30 amps continuous

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I keep hearing is dangerous to build below .3 with 20 amps continuous and even below .25 amps is dangerous with 30 amps continuous
As long as you know the Risk then its up to you, research is better then hearing it from others, everytime.

a .18 Ohm build on a Mech (assuming 4.2V) is a 23A Draw.
Samsung 25R's are 20A CD but your not using a Flat Continuous pull of Amperage, You using less then a 10 second draw...your time between draws also factors in though.
A VTC4 is a 30A CD Battery as far as I knew...You could build as low as .14 Ohms while staying at that 30A CD baseline....A few Amps over the Batteries CD spec isnt going to do much more then lower then overall battery life between charges.

Ive built as low as .075 and have used the 25R as the one battery powering it, the draws were just over a second and they got hot but no venting/explosion. I am a Jackass though so dont follow my Lead, follow my Advice instead.

If you have concerns about building for Battery Safety and Ohms Law use this Calculator :
http://www.steam-engine.org/ohm.asp

I DO NOT SUGGEST YOU TO BUILD BELOW .1 Ohms USINg A TUBE MOD!!!

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I got tired of the ramp up time on the framed staple (even in the RX200), so I made a regular staple coil and staged it with a nichrome wire. This thing is now almost the perfect vape.

2016-02-01 22.20.08.jpg

Here's a pic of the staging wire doing it's job quite well:
2016-02-01 22.35.30.jpg

juicy76

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Not true. I personally been vaping .2 continuously for a year vtc5 Sony bateries

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
A lot of this is common sense. If your particular battery has a specific rating, stick to it. Period.

That being said, most of the reputable battery manufacturers (Sony, Samsung, LG) rate their amperage as continuous pulse. There are also pulse ratings for less than 10 second pulses that can be found in your battery's spec sheet. These can be found pretty easily online. One very good source for battery specs and performance is Mooch's tests and ratings. You can safely go above and beyond the manufacturer's continuous pulse limit, but use the specs set by the manufacturer. If your 18650 is rated at 20A CP, but the spec sheet says it can pulse 37A for <2.5 seconds, don't be an idiot and take 5 second pulls at 37A. Bad things can, and do, happen.

Common Sense. Use it, and you'll be fine.

EndDetour

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

If you have an authentic 30 amp continuous discharge battery .14 ohms is technically acceptable according to ohms law. I've built as low as .1 on my vtc4's and vtc5's with no issue, no heat from the battery, no venting or distortion of the battery casing. With all of that said, the coils are not the only resistance the battery's experiencing(rda/mod contacts/ any excess juice that's made its way between the rda and battery or contacts between the two). I have the best results on my mech by regularly cleaning every contact as well as the switch. Also keep in mind the ohm reading of a fresh coil will jump after firing it and finagling with it. Depending on your rda the positive may become somewhat loose and cause the ohms to move around or worst case scenario cause a short...no Bueno. I'm not trying to insult your intelligence if any of this diatribe was self explanatory. But if any of it was helpful there you go

-every animal has an adequate amount of gray matter in its cranium to tan and preserve its own hide-

EndDetour

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anybody know where I can get some authentic HB2 cells?

-every animal has an adequate amount of gray matter in its cranium to tan and preserve its own hide-

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Anybody know where I can get some authentic HB2 cells?

Liionwholesale.com or IMRbatteries.com

Last edited:

EndDetour

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Do you know where to find one of those charts for 18350 cells? I'm wanting to snatch up a derringer and make my stingray a bit stubby. I realize I won't be able to build as low as I'm accustomed but in preparation for the noisy cricket I'd like another learning curve and I don't want a stubby pipe bomb in my pocket of the battery doesn't "measure up" to its continuous rating...

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Do you know where to find one of those charts for 18350 cells? I'm wanting to snatch up a derringer and make my stingray a bit stubby. I realize I won't be able to build as low as I'm accustomed but in preparation for the noisy cricket I'd like another learning curve and I don't want a stubby pipe bomb in my pocket of the battery doesn't "measure up" to its continuous rating...

Hes currently making the 18350 and 26650 Cell Charts now...

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
"Do as i say, not as i do" advise? Geez, you are a parent

Yea, Ive been bitch at enough for some of the more stupid shit Ive done, its best to warn people before they follow and blame you....learned that a few times before catching on.

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea, Ive been bitch at enough for some of the more stupid shit Ive done, its best to warn people before they follow and blame you....learned that a few times before catching on.
I get bitched out for the stupid shit i do too. It usually doesn't keep me from doing it, it just makes me better at not getting caught. But, yes, i love that we have these forums to lead others away from past mistakes rather than scaring them away from vaping altogether

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I get bitched out for the stupid shit i do too. It usually doesn't keep me from doing it, it just makes me better at not getting caught. But, yes, i love that we have these forums to lead others away from past mistakes rather than scaring them away from vaping altogether

That is like when I'm at work and having to explain to people vaping when the tell me that I'm going to blow my face off like the main median attention they see. That or how we are just promoting smoking to you kids with the flavors of juice. Gets annoying with some of the people I work with. I do have two guys I work with that are changing over to vaping. One is in his mid 40's and the other in his 50's and they have smoked their whole lives. Hoping they stick with it!

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That is like when I'm at work and having to explain to people vaping when the tell me that I'm going to blow my face off like the main median attention they see. That or how we are just promoting smoking to you kids with the flavors of juice. Gets annoying with some of the people I work with. I do have two guys I work with that are changing over to vaping. One is in his mid 40's and the other in his 50's and they have smoked their whole lives. Hoping they stick with it!

I got that too. This kid comes up to me and says "You know vaping is worse for you than actual cigaretts, right?" then i chuckled to myself and politely explained to him that i not only made my own eliquid but i also researched thoroughly what goes into it and what to avoid and not to take everything you see on facebook and in the media at face value. And how is sweet and fruity flavored alcoholic beverages not pandering to youths?

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
28k/33k alien tracks staged with 26k. Alien, 6 wrap and 8 on the staging wire 2.3mm id ohms out to .34 ohms
adc71fb851c7ef1a16b2328dc7b09e95.jpg

@scarecrowjenkins
Man, it is intense trying to keep up with this wrap. Got about 3 useable inches(thats what she said) of 3x30k/40n80 aliens
bc862e9ad2a4d9fad53b902e3f53eb35.jpg

Yeah, It took me many sessions with a mere 2-3 inches of useable alien. Its easier the bigger awg you go(24/36 is failry easy) but then you are left with coils that ohm too low and don'f fit in the goddamn RDA. Here is my first clean useable build 28/36 Nichrome 80 .24 ohm

35c32e4841a4d33453491dc1ec69602c.jpg
made some 24/40 fc's. 7 wrap 2.3mm id steam engine puts them at .3 ohms each made about 14" so i have enough for 2 more. Thinking either double vision or twisted messes, whichever gets here first. Im usually tired after work during the week and my hands are always filthy so im getting some building done now for when my vapemail arrives.
24c1b1d59af0a5f91d40b6abd2e5b196.jpg
(top to bottom) 2x24/40, 2x28/40, 10x33/40. All k/n80 fc's waiting to get wrapped up

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just turned out 6x.4n80 wrapped in 40k. Trying to figure out how to coil this. Thankfully was able to keep the layers flat and in order so it came out nice and uniform. Should I just coil like normal or stage with 24k or 26n80?

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That depends on what resistance you are shooting for. 0.4mm has a higher resistance than the more commonly used 0.5mm, so you have room for a staging option, if you like.

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That depends on what resistance you are shooting for. 0.4mm has a higher resistance than the more commonly used 0.5mm, so you have room for a staging option, if you like.
I am going to be using this in my lavabox and not on a mech. I don't mind the ohm level. I have been dialing in at .13 to .25 with my builds. Never built a staged coil before so not sure what to do here.

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
3.0mm, 5/6 wraps, 26N80 will put you at about 0.12Ω for a dual coil installation.

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
3.0mm, 5/6 wraps, 26N80 will put you at about 0.12Ω for a dual coil installation.
Should I throw these into my velocity mini or my double vision? Thinking my velocity. Pulled the coils out a week ago and just haven't put anything into it yet. This might be a good build for that.

Thanks for the help with staging ideas!

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yup, Velocity. I actually have a staged staple in mine right now. Hold on, and I'll take a pic.

VU Sponsors