VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Blech. Ask raymo2u about HIS commute... :D:p

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, I miss those days. Right now trying to save to buy a house closer to work. Not looking forward to this process... while the wife has a baby and finds a new job. Score!

Must buy more vape gear to deal with transition! Hahaha

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Dammit Midway I was hoping your post was going to be a Griffin Build pic...
Just got my second Cuboid in, About to sell both of them, a warning to those that may buy one...plan on using .3 Ohms and up or your wattage will be restricted to stay under 24A Output.
My Griffin with 75w Max on it is pretty damn Anemic, I like it around 110w with the build in it normally and I will not be building differently for a Falsely Advertised Device!
It wont even let me use a Quad coil for my TFV4 in its operating range...sad, just sad.

Ordering 2 Hohm Wrecker G2's Tonight though!!!
Cuboid Family.jpg

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dammit Midway I was hoping your post was going to be a Griffin Build pic...
Just got my second Cuboid in, About to sell both of them, a warning to those that may buy one...plan on using .3 Ohms and up or your wattage will be restricted to stay under 24A Output.
My Griffin with 75w Max on it is pretty damn Anemic, I like it around 110w with the build in it normally and I will not be building differently for a Falsely Advertised Device!
It wont even let me use a Quad coil for my TFV4 in its operating range...sad, just sad.

Ordering 2 Hohm Wrecker G2's Tonight though!!!
View attachment 40202
Hah, myyyy bad! I am contacting geekvape about getting a replacement. There is no adjustment for that juice flow control to tighten it up. After watching that video last night from rip, I know mine is bad. His acts like how I wish mine did. I did change my wick to the way he did it and now I'm rocking out! Love the tank, using it still even with the flow control being loose. Just have to check it every time I pick it up.

I will ask for a free upgrade to the 25mm prototype. Hah

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Hah, myyyy bad! I am contacting geekvape about getting a replacement. There is no adjustment for that juice flow control to tighten it up. After watching that video last night from rip, I know mine is bad. His acts like how I wish mine did. I did change my wick to the way he did it and now I'm rocking out! Love the tank, using it still even with the flow control being loose. Just have to check it every time I pick it up.

I will ask for a free upgrade to the 25mm prototype. Hah

Try putting a thin vape band around them or use some 38g between the rings, that should be a good Temp Fix for now...
LOL I would seriously rob you if you got the 25mm Prototype!

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
a warning to those that may buy one...plan on using .3 Ohms and up or your wattage will be restricted to stay under 24A Output.
Yeah, that's what I hate about mine, too. I may just have to trade it for something. It's a perfectly fine mod for most people, but with the type of builds I like, it just isn't really for me.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Yeah, that's what I hate about mine, too. I may just have to trade it for something. It's a perfectly fine mod for most people, but with the type of builds I like, it just isn't really for me.
Anything below .3 gets less then 120w, between .1-.2 your lucky if its between 60w-87w..
Even with a 25A Input it could be regulated to Output Twice that without anything added in, I just dont see why they did that. I tried Making a CUE file, burned the Image and its not limited with the Firmware. Im guessing its just a Hardware Limiter and they just didnt change the output as it would increase time of production...Its kind of bullshit but if I get enough time and can get a good grasp on how they have done it on the Evic (I need to handle one) then I may be able to increase the Output myself. Its not the best method but it may be the only one that may be available ever for it...

Last edited:

VaporCarp

#BlackRiflesMatter
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Built by @BUDKISS

f1dc4d56e0087a46431a24a0fdfce0ad.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
The Griffin is gonna be on fire!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
More like your mouth...:D
Its funny in most RDA's those coils would barely fit, I didnt put them in my Griffin, but I know that they will have more then enough room...

Last edited:

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just got word about the issue with my Griffin. It is a common problem. I am being sent a replacement base and chimney. There is a week backlog since I have a black one.

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, at least they're taking care of you.
They said they aren't sure if it is the chimney or the base. I am sure it is the base as everything on the base is very loose. Oh well, I will get the party's and fix it and not have to send it back first.

Keep on vapin!

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
My first semi-successful attempt at a smaller gauge alien. There are some minor blemishes, but it doesn't affect the vape. At least not that I can tell. I BARELY had enough to make 3 coils for the Fishbone. Oh, and I like the pic of Lincoln with an Alien on his shoulder... :D:p

3x30K/40K, 2.0mm ID, 4/5 wraps, 0.15Ω
2016-02-03 17.27.28.jpg
2016-02-03 17.28.12.jpg
2016-02-03 17.29.40.jpg
2016-02-03 17.32.49.jpg
2016-02-03 17.54.13.jpg
2016-02-03 18.08.02.jpg
2016-02-03 18.30.03.jpg

Last edited:

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
They said they aren't sure if it is the chimney or the base. I am sure it is the base as everything on the base is very loose. Oh well, I will get the party's and fix it and not have to send it back first.

Keep on vapin!

I just bought a Griffin clone for 13.99, if its in any way decent then great...if not then its atleast a decent parts kit for that money! Depending on how that goes I may buy 5 more!

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My first semi-successful attempt at a smaller gauge alien. There are some minor blemishes, but it doesn't affect the vape. At least not that I can tell. I BARELY had enough to make 3 coils for the Fishbone. Oh, and I like the pic of Lincoln with an Alien on his shoulder... :D

3/30K/40K, 2.0mm ID, 4/5 wraps, 0.15Ω
View attachment 40263
View attachment 40262
View attachment 40259
View attachment 40265
View attachment 40264
View attachment 40260
View attachment 40261
I had a rough time with the 33/38's but i still have two good coils out of the ordeal, and they're great for series builds so im gonna try and lay some down later today

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just bought a Griffin clone for 13.99, if its in any way decent then great...if not then its atleast a decent parts kit for that money! Depending on how that goes I may buy 5 more!
Let me know how it is and I will probably pick one or more. I may get one for now, lady in wait for for the 25mm

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Built my first staple build with 6x.4n80 wrapped in 40k. I then did my first staged coil setup using 26n80. Wrapped the staple 6 times and the 26n80 7 times. They are wrapped at 3mm. I threw the build into my Velocity mini. Came out to .13 ohm.

I will break it in tomorrow when I get home. I vaped on it a bit tonight but not enough to get it tasting good yet. Vape is smooth and still cool at 110w.

1fc6c05d2124f364b2962cd26733d7e2.jpg
084349cb613d99c2bad8c8ab5e097c09.jpg
49a457892a928f8ebca677f15f5746a2.jpg
f7b5860e89a081b91833ed7c23d5abf6.jpg

I had some staple left over and used it to make a 2mm coil and a 1.5mm coil. Probably use them in my subtank rba and one in my crown rba. See how they ohm out.

949e54bd8eec6f113197a81d435ac6a8.jpg

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My second set of coils ever built, lopsided parallels with 24 g Kanthal. One side got an extra wrap somehow! Time for a refill.

View attachment 40298
Not too bad but youre gonna want to take that extra wrap off or it'll vape uneven and the lower res coil will dry up faster than the one with the extra wrap

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
New build for the new VCMT when it arrives Saturday...The light seemed different and I cant tell which looks better so here's both pics:
20160203_222320.jpg 20160203_222331.jpg

Polished 22N80/32K-D Cat Track, Staged with Polished 22N80

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Built my first staple build with 6x.4n80 wrapped in 40k. I then did my first staged coil setup using 26n80.
Your build looks spot on perfect, dude - I bet she'll give you a great vape!

SOC

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Not too bad but youre gonna want to take that extra wrap off or it'll vape uneven and the lower res coil will dry up faster than the one with the extra wrap

Yeah I noticed that one side heated up quicker when I was working the hotspots out. Hasn't been a huge irritation but I will be fixing it this weekend.

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
New build for the new VCMT when it arrives Saturday...The light seemed different and I cant tell which looks better so here's both pics:
View attachment 40321 View attachment 40322

Polished 22N80/32K-D Cat Track, Staged with Polished 22N80
Goshdamn them are beautys.

How do you polish them? Seems like the cattrack would break apart
sorry no experience with polishing "fancy" wires only 24 and 22 ga

sent from a dumb operated smartphone

KapitalJ

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Helix - twisted 24g, and 2 single strands of 27g. Dual coil 3mm 6 wrap. reads 0.11ohm
I have only been building for about a month. Super happy with the vape off of these!
helix10.jpg

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Goshdamn them are beautys.

How do you polish them? Seems like the cattrack would break apart
sorry no experience with polishing "fancy" wires only 24 and 22 ga

When Im wrapping the coil I wrap more then I need for the coil, I bend a half inch length and while its on my Coil Wrapping Jig I stuff that Leg and Bit into the Drill Chuck. The other lead thats not in the chuck I make sure is wrapped around the Bit Flat and then I use some 2000 Grit wet sanding paper and go full speed while holding the paper around the coil. I do this until it all shines when rinsed and then I use 3000 grit and repeat.

If you want I can take a pic of how I insert them into the drill.

Afterwards I rinse them and then use a toothbrush and Dawn Soap to brush both coils, making sure to hit between every surface and then rinse them again and dry them with a microfiber towel.

The Camera I have doesnt take very nice pics and it misses alot of the shit I try to capture when viewing the coils...I am getting a DSLR very soon, hopefully it'll take the pics I want it to.

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
When Im wrapping the coil I wrap more then I need for the coil, I bend a half inch length and while its on my Coil Wrapping Jig I stuff that Leg and Bit into the Drill Chuck. The other lead thats not in the chuck I make sure is wrapped around the Bit Flat and then I use some 2000 Grit wet sanding paper and go full speed while holding the paper around the coil. I do this until it all shines when rinsed and then I use 3000 grit and repeat.

If you want I can take a pic of how I insert them into the drill.

Afterwards I rinse them and then use a toothbrush and Dawn Soap to brush both coils, making sure to hit between every surface and then rinse them again and dry them with a microfiber towel.

The Camera I have doesnt take very nice pics and it misses alot of the shit I try to capture when viewing the coils...I am getting a DSLR very soon, hopefully it'll take the pics I want it to.
Ahh so just the same as regular polished. I just didn't know if you had to do anything different with the fancy stuff lol

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Ahh so just the same as regular polished. I just didn't know if you had to do anything different with the fancy stuff lol

Yea same way just on Cat Tracks...Its alot of work altogether but I love them, it seems like alot of others seem to like them also....I just ordered more wire as the last week of people have diminished my supply, just ordered 100ft more of every gauge from 20g-38g..I may take a break also, I think someone thats actually in it to sell them like Chef can take over...My fingers look like burger meat...with extra cheese :D

I can see why many people sell coils for $15+, I was making less then $5 every 2 pairs of coils and thats barely enough to cover the wire used. Most of the money I charged for coils went to shipping, which went up over Christmas and its almost $7 for 3 day priority now.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Ill add that to my status so people in need can visit your thread/site instead of wandering around with their thumbs up their asses ;):D

scarecrowjenkins

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
d8a6cdc1c3ed8b0145356762c953431e.jpg

8d9c0cb88c47f644f0049a33a5cb5ee1.jpg

722baeb1e406c5ce74d9142bbac7e297.jpg

78435a1bd8abc3ecc7edafa7f5e32b2e.jpg

Gave some dual-core Aliens a shot for a series build in the Twisted Messes RDA. 28K//38N80 dual 8~wraps around a 3mm came in right at .3Ω
They perform beautifully as a series build, not a hint of dryness no matter how long of a hit i take, and the flavor is awesome. Heat is much more tame than the 3-core 28g aliens, and they are much less delicate than the 30/40G Aliens i have been using for series builds lately. Still a pleasantly warm vape-but not hot at all. My atty and mod stay much cooler, my previous .3Ω builds. Definitely gonna try some variations of this build for series vaping

EndDetour

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
21667107c875a5cd10616295dfca9b25.jpg
6bd8cc7a18f4f2ae59b4c7954e0b9784.jpg
93f9e15cb1a61b00e29db88f073065aa.jpg
2c3503ad71ee3cd4c5121701db2946f2.jpg
7928692520cccd5aaf741b75e31eeebb.jpg

3x28kA-1 x 36n80 aliens 5 wraps staged with 26n80 4wraps...id 3mm...
.15ohms

Just nabbed up the derringer clone from a local shop...I've been wanting to try one out for a while now. The hole in center post was far too small and far too high to properly secure much less fit larger coils, as opposed to the fairly wide "slots" on the negative posts, so I took a couple files to it and created a sufficiently sized slot for my purposes. The only downside to this build in this rda is the spit back...is there any remedy for this problem in these shorter profile rda's? Flavor is phenomenal..still not as good as this build in the aeronaut but I suppose like the plume veil for the cooler builds, the lack of inner volume allows the air to heat up faster. By the way what is a series build?

-every animal has an adequate amount of gray matter in its cranium to tan and preserve its own hide-

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
21667107c875a5cd10616295dfca9b25.jpg
6bd8cc7a18f4f2ae59b4c7954e0b9784.jpg
93f9e15cb1a61b00e29db88f073065aa.jpg
2c3503ad71ee3cd4c5121701db2946f2.jpg
7928692520cccd5aaf741b75e31eeebb.jpg

3x28kA-1 x 36n80 aliens 5 wraps staged with 26n80 4wraps...id 3mm...
.15ohms

Just nabbed up the derringer clone from a local shop...I've been wanting to try one out for a while now. The hole in center post was far too small and far too high to properly secure much less fit larger coils, as opposed to the fairly wide "slots" on the negative posts, so I took a couple files to it and created a sufficiently sized slot for my purposes. The only downside to this build in this rda is the spit back...is there any remedy for this problem in these shorter profile rda's? Flavor is phenomenal..still not as good as this build in the aeronaut but I suppose like the plume veil for the cooler builds, the lack of inner volume allows the air to heat up faster. By the way what is a series build?

-every animal has an adequate amount of gray matter in its cranium to tan and preserve its own hide-

The only way to avoid spitback besides a baffled drip tip is to make it so your coils are as close to the barrel as possible. These short RDA's are only supposed to be fit for micro and similar coils, not our larger builds...so spitback is to be expected with that build.

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
d8a6cdc1c3ed8b0145356762c953431e.jpg

8d9c0cb88c47f644f0049a33a5cb5ee1.jpg

722baeb1e406c5ce74d9142bbac7e297.jpg

78435a1bd8abc3ecc7edafa7f5e32b2e.jpg

Gave some dual-core Aliens a shot for a series build in the Twisted Messes RDA. 28K//38N80 dual 8~wraps around a 3mm came in right at .3Ω
They perform beautifully as a series build, not a hint of dryness no matter how long of a hit i take, and the flavor is awesome. Heat is much more tame than the 3-core 28g aliens, and they are much less delicate than the 30/40G Aliens i have been using for series builds lately. Still a pleasantly warm vape-but not hot at all. My atty and mod stay much cooler, my previous .3Ω builds. Definitely gonna try some variations of this build for series vaping
See? I still like the 2 core as well. Besides being less of a pain to build, functionally, its just a prettier version of a standard fused clapton. Try a 2 core stitched, i love how you can go full bore wrapping them and barely have to watch it wrap

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The only way to avoid spitback besides a baffled drip tip is to make it so your coils are as close to the barrel as possible. These short RDA's are only supposed to be fit for micro and similar coils, not our larger builds...so spitback is to be expected with that build.
Theres another option but less desirable to some and that is to wick one side of cotton over the coil on each side and the other in the juice well as normal. It does cut down airflow over the surface of the coil but it does help mitigate spitback and helps if youre blind dripping.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Theres another option but less desirable to some and that is to wick one side of cotton over the coil on each side and the other in the juice well as normal. It does cut down airflow over the surface of the coil but it does help mitigate spitback and helps if youre blind dripping.

Yea but thats against everything known to getting a better vape experience!
Ill post a few links to Anti-Spitback Drip Tips...
LINK, LINK, LINK, and LINK

There are many more, just these I have ordered before.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I can't do fancy pictures :(, I can post regular ones later if wanted (wouldn't be able to see much of anything), but got my dual fused claptons in my Avocado... I vaped that for a bit then tried my single fused coil haze again... I CAN'T GO BACK! arg! Took the flavor of my Haze and combined it with the warm dreaminess of my old TFV4 builds. I'd get a Griffin but my budget just got eaten up by passport fees.

Anyways, always appreciate the guidance and inspiration ya'll put out there in this thread.

VU Sponsors