Become a Patron!

Random Pet Peeves..

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
You have been misinformed. Is a plant. In the coffee family. If you take too much it'll make you sick but otherwise it's safer than opiates.

Given how much bad info is out there on vaping and how much we try to give ppl the correct information, shouldn't we try to be educated on other things too?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
You do make a very fair, and good point, but with all that I've read, it's definitely not for me.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Turmeric has excellent anti-inflammatory properties. I've given up ibuprofen completely for turmeric capsules, works just as well.

forza

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes tumeric is excellent too

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The Zyflamend has tumeric in it, along with a bunch of other stuff. There's a PM version as well, which my doc wants me to take at night, and the regular stuff during the day.

Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis) (leaf)
100 mg supercritical extract and 50 mg hyhdroethanolic extract 150 mg *

Turmeric (Curuma longa) (rhizome)
10 mg organic supercritical extract and 100 mg hydroethanolic extract 110 mg *

Ginger (Zingiber officinale) (rhizome)
54 mg organic supercritical extract and 46 mg hydroethanolic extract 100 mg *

Holy Basil (Ocimum sanctum) (leaf)
hydroethanolic extract 100 mg *

Organic Green Tea (Camellia sinensis) (leaf) extract 100 mg *

Hu Zhang (Polygonum cuspidatum) (root and rhizome)
hydroethanolic extract 80 mg *

Chinese Goldthread (Coptis chinensis) (root) extract 40 mg *

Barberry (Berberis vulgaris) (root)
hydroethanolic extract 40 mg *

Organic Oregano (Origanum vulgare) (leaf)
supercritical extract 40 mg *

Chinese Skullcap (Scutellaria baicalensis) (root) extract 20 mg *

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Zyflamend has tumeric in it, along with a bunch of other stuff. There's a PM version as well, which my doc wants me to take at night, and the regular stuff during the day.

100 mg supercritical extract and 50 mg hyhdroethanolic extract 150 mg *

Turmeric (Curuma longa) (rhizome)
10 mg organic supercritical extract and 100 mg hydroethanolic extract 110 mg *

Ginger (Zingiber officinale) (rhizome)
54 mg organic supercritical extract and 46 mg hydroethanolic extract 100 mg *

Holy Basil (Ocimum sanctum) (leaf)
hydroethanolic extract 100 mg *

Organic Green Tea (Camellia sinensis) (leaf) extract 100 mg *

Hu Zhang (Polygonum cuspidatum) (root and rhizome)
hydroethanolic extract 80 mg *

Chinese Goldthread (Coptis chinensis) (root) extract 40 mg *

Barberry (Berberis vulgaris) (root)
hydroethanolic extract 40 mg *

Organic Oregano (Origanum vulgare) (leaf)
supercritical extract 40 mg *

Chinese Skullcap (Scutellaria baicalensis) (root) extract 20 mg *
I'm gonna look into this, I've worked on my feet for what feels like 500 years so pain is a part of life anymore.

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm gonna look into this, I've worked on my feet for what feels like 500 years so pain is a part of life anymore.

Just be advised that some of the herbs have side effects like thinning blood, so if that's a concern, that that into consideration.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Watched a Youtube video where a guy said "cache" about 100 times in 4 minutes and pronounced it "catch-ay" every time. Kept wanting to reach through the computer and bitch-slap him.
I recently saw a very popular DIY mixer pronounce the word "meringue" as "mah-REN-gay"....made my eye twitch.... :grumpy:

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I recently saw a very popular DIY mixer pronounce the word "meringue" as "mah-REN-gay"....made my eye twitch.... :grumpy:

Well, to be fair, it is spelled pretty similar to merengue, the dance. Maybe English isn't his/her first language? Usually, though, people who mispronounce words do make my sphincter twitch something fierce.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've noticed pronunciations annoy you lol
You'd be the ideal neighbor to copy off of in English class :giggle:
I was a letterman, I'll have you know....LOL!! It was also my minor when I went to college the first time. I am the ultimate grammar nazi.

0cWZHs7.jpg

FΛDED

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
dunt yew lub wen peepol tahk lyke dis?

dats dat ivee leeg ejukashon aynd gud grayds tawking.

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, to be fair, it is spelled pretty similar to merengue, the dance. Maybe English isn't his/her first language? Usually, though, people who mispronounce words do make my sphincter twitch something fierce.

The Dominican/Puerto Rican dance "Merengue" is named after the dish Merengue (Spanish)
or Meringue (French),; a delicate, frothy mixture made with beaten egg whites and sugar or hot syrup, and browned, used as a topping for pies, pastry, etc,. The dance steps mimic the beating of the egg..so they named it after the popular dish.

images

kittyn

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
dunt yew lub wen peepol tahk lyke dis?

dats dat ivee leeg ejukashon aynd gud grayds tawking.

Im in enough chats with multilingual people I just skipped over that as 'Side chatter, probably talking about friggin soccer (sorry, football) again' until it got quoted.

Congratulations! Or something xD

FΛDED

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Gas stations. When the window squeegee is missing at the gas pump and your windows are dirty.

790001__88739.1412540873.1280.1280.jpg

Bad enough trying to see through the clouds inside my car, even more difficult with grime on it also.

Last edited:

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Being so sick I haven't been able to vape at all in about 2 weeks. :(

kittyn

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Trains.

When we graduate to trains that back up, then go, back up again... It goes from pet peeve annoyance to full on rage kitty.

FΛDED

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Those stupid commercials where women do house work in high heels. Like, yes that would totally happen. Smh.

Forza, that's not a pet peeve. :( That's my future trophy wife. Housework in heels? F yeah, I'm down! That's amazing if you ask me!

:giggle:

FΛDED

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Do that for your husband. He'll love that shit! Seriously.. not just on valentines day either.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Seriously! He even got on the phone to our son yesterday, and said "guess what mom did today? HOUSEWORK!" I could hear my son's "WHAT?!?!?" all the way across the room.... then they discussed whether I needed to see a doctor or something. :giggle:

But half of my kitchen cabinets look much better now than they did. :) The other half, later today. :D

Andria

brandon david

Bronze Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have a thing about closet and cabinet doors. They have to be shut unless you're getting something out of them. Them being open doesn't bother my girlfriend but it drives her crazy when I come out of the bathroom and shut the closet door while she's getting ready for work.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

FΛDED

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
People who act like..

de3793c5918f3e233d2c4a2de8452012.gif

.. but their attitude and comments is nothing but fabulous.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Kind of like loud poppy gum smackers?

That doesn't actually bother me at all; my mom did that all the way thru my childhood until she finally had some bridgework done when I was about 20 and she couldn't do gum at all anymore. But loud chewers... ugh. That's grosser than someone opening their mouth and showing you ABC food... or at least, equally disgusting. My stepfather was always bad about that... and now, my husband sometimes has the same problem. I've never said anything about it, because to those without supersonic hearing (like mine!), it probably seems like a super nitpicky way to start a big squabble, which is even less pleasant than listening to food made into chyme. So I suffer in silence... or play some music during dinnertime. ;)

Andria

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
1. Crumbs
2. Loud Chewers
3. Blowing your nose in your hand, no tissue
4. Not spraying after vooping
5. Not cleaning up after yourself
6. Thinking Jim and the twins are 'all 'dat'
7. Not brushing your teeth in the morning
8. Not changing your sheets after taking a shower (at least once a month for your lazy mofo's)
9. I will immediately turn to someone else to talk to if I get stuck talking to a Narcissist
10. After sex, having him up, dressed and out the door in 60 seconds (not that it's ME)

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
You have been misinformed. Is a plant. In the coffee family. If you take too much it'll make you sick but otherwise it's safer than opiates.

Given how much bad info is out there on vaping and how much we try to give ppl the correct information, shouldn't we try to be educated on other things too?

Agreed. There are some contraindications with kratom, and you don't want to be taking it all the time, but it's certainly better than the FDA approved opiates. Between big pharma and their crap and the govt making it a right pain in the ass for chronic pain sufferers to get relief. . . :mad:

. . .
which leads to not really a pet peeve, but something that really annoys me - the fact that I'm allergic to rosemary :( Love the taste, but can't consume it. :mad:

Last edited:

VU Sponsors