Become a Patron!

Redheaded Stepchildren

always9988

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been playing with my new camera, finally had time for more than just family snapshots etc. Getting to know all the settings. This thing has some killer zoom!

All the photos with green or grass were the day before the snowstorm, all the ones with snow were from yesterday

(Hang on borked the link up)

http://s1052.photobucket.com/user/shandumit88/library/photography

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

2pak2zero

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been playing with my new camera, finally had time for more than just family snapshots etc. Getting to know all the settings. This thing has some killer zoom!

All the photos with green or grass were the day before the snowstorm, all the ones with snow were from yesterday

(Hang on borked the link up)

http://s1052.photobucket.com/user/shandumit88/library/photography

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Nice always!

I've really been enjoying mine. Don't know if I'll ever learn all the settings. Been watching a lot of how-to YouTube videos

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nice always!

I've really been enjoying mine. Don't know if I'll ever learn all the settings. Been watching a lot of how-to YouTube videos
I'd struggle to learn today. ISO was an easy concept with film SLR. Digital it is more abstract.

Morning

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

2pak2zero

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd struggle to learn today. ISO was an easy concept with film SLR. Digital it is more abstract.

Morning

I seem to recall in one of the videos, the guy saying that with the small sensor, it's best to keep the iso close to 100. So, I haven't really played with that at all. Have just kept it in aperture priority of auto so far.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
7d591ff6b4feefdd70bce83b6933dbb4.jpg

Old photos. I took these in low light, with 15 second + exposure.

7bca4ce71be82a6c9f375a4dbef53cdc.jpg

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm still lost on a lot of it, but hoping to work towards the bigger cameras with more stuffs to learn. Probably never going to happen lol but worth a shot
The bigger cameras have same stuffs. But they are designed to be used. Unlike the lower grade, which manufacturers assume people will point and shoot.

So what needs 3 menu navigations on your camera is prolly just a sliding ring on the lens of a DSLR.

That, along with better sensors etc is the big difference. So you can take better fast moving or low light pics without pixelation or black spots.

2pak2zero

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mornin Knucks

Dinner looked tasty dog!
38° here and heading for 72° for a high. Mowed the grass for the first time yesterday. So, no must do chores for me today. Might go fishing. Might go for a bike ride. Might just be a sloth and watch tv all day.

always9988

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The bigger cameras have same stuffs. But they are designed to be used. Unlike the lower grade, which manufacturers assume people will point and shoot.

So what needs 3 menu navigations on your camera is prolly just a sliding ring on the lens of a DSLR.

That, along with better sensors etc is the big difference. So you can take better fast moving or low light pics without pixelation or black spots.

Ultimately I'd really like to make it a job not just a hobby. But I need to get better with what I've got before I go spend the money on a bigger set up and all that. Just like vaping, baby steps. Never say never, I thought I'd never use anything bigger than a cig a like, I'd never subohm, I'd never build an atty... Here I am lol

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm all achey and stabby.

Don't tell my shoulder, my achey breaky shoulder, nor achey back, stomach, groin, achey thighs, shins, feet or head. I just don't think theyd understand...

SaintSkinny51792

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
IMG_1956.JPG
Sometimes Vae just has to sit on my lap for loves and buttt scratches. We're getting ready to move so that's why it's such a mess
IMG_1957.JPG
Then she rolls around on her back like a psycho until she gets Tummy-Rubs... the things I put up with :facepalm:
Luckily she's effing adorable to the Nth power

2pak2zero

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
View attachment 79099
Sometimes Vae just has to sit on my lap for loves and buttt scratches. We're getting ready to move so that's why it's such a mess
View attachment 79100
Then she rolls around on her back like a psycho until she gets Tummy-Rubs... the things I put up with :facepalm:
Luckily she's effing adorable to the Nth power

My wife does the same thing. She's pretty adorable too. So, I oblige her.

keithu2

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm all achey and stabby.

Don't tell my shoulder, my achey breaky shoulder, nor achey back, stomach, groin, achey thighs, shins, feet or head. I just don't think theyd understand...

That's how I felt after rehab on Friday, so I didn't do anything yesterday. Getting my antibiotic drip and some coffee now.

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

dreadymark

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I need a coffee drip myself. Both kids and wife been sick for a couple days. And yesterday we found out one of our dogs has kidney failure; in addition to the other dog and the cat, who have cancer. Shitty shitty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I need a coffee drip myself. Both kids and wife been sick for a couple days. And yesterday we found out one of our dogs has kidney failure; in addition to the other dog and the cat, who have cancer. Shitty shitty

So sorry, Mark

dreadymark

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
It happens; a season for everything, right? With guilt, I can admit part of me is looking forward to the freedom of not having pets for a bit. Although we still have some time before they're all gone, I'm looking forward to us having the freedom to camp & travel easier. Definitely going to hit up the National Parks between generations of pets. I've had a dog (or more) for all of my adult life.
As for the family, I've picked up some of the most varied, nasty shit from the carpets today...

2pak2zero

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It happens; a season for everything, right? With guilt, I can admit part of me is looking forward to the freedom of not having pets for a bit. Although we still have some time before they're all gone, I'm looking forward to us having the freedom to camp & travel easier. Definitely going to hit up the National Parks between generations of pets. I've had a dog (or more) for all of my adult life.
As for the family, I've picked up some of the most varied, nasty shit from the carpets today...

As much as I love our dogs, I think the same thing. All of our plans revolve around them. Even where we vacation. We intend on taking a pet break down the road. Time will tell how that pans out.

dreadymark

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
For those of you who pray, or believe in energy/intention, please send one uP for my little boy. He's not well, for days, and is going to the hospital now. I'm very concerned for him, and a little scared. Thanks

Merbear

Silver Contributor
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For those of you who pray, or believe in energy/intention, please send one uP for my little boy. He's not well, for days, and is going to the hospital now. I'm very concerned for him, and a little scared. Thanks

Mark and your son and family, huge squooooshy hugs and thoughts and prayers.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Do your trees even drop leaves in the winter? The landscape is just so grey and blah all winter here.
I think in terms of natives, we have one species of ash or similar that sheds.

Imports like oak drop leaves. But it mostly stays green. And some species bloom through winter.

Summer gets pretty brown from dry heat, cooler months are often greener lol

2pak2zero

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think in terms of natives, we have one species of ash or similar that sheds.

Imports like oak drop leaves. But it mostly stays green. And some species bloom through winter.

Summer gets pretty brown from dry heat, cooler months are often greener lol

Well, feeling like a walk and actually taking one are two different things. K made breakfast. I opted for food over exercise.

I made the right decision?

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, feeling like a walk and actually taking one are two different things. K made breakfast. I opted for food over exercise.

I made the right decision?

doing what missus says will prolong your life far longer than running

SaintSkinny51792

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

Positive Vibes heading that way. I hope they can do something for him, best of luck bud.

VU Sponsors