Become a Patron!

Redheaded Stepchildren

Hawkizefan

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Grannybears does NOT agree :)

I’m in the unique situation of “winning” no matter who wins.
I really like Mahomes and hope he does well and George is/was one of my faves so I’m just hoping for a good game and hoping these 2 both have a stellar day.
Just going to be me and Herk so I’m making a homemade pizza from scratch and just chillin.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I’m in the unique situation of “winning” no matter who wins.
I really like Mahomes and hope he does well and George is/was one of my faves so I’m just hoping for a good game and hoping these 2 both have a stellar day.
Just going to be me and Herk so I’m making a homemade pizza from scratch and just chillin.
I'm not

I am a one eyed, die hard 9ers fan boy of several weeks now. I've watched Kittle develop, and want to see him win, and get the ball.

I feel very strongly about this, as you can imagine.

Hawkizefan

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm not

I am a one eyed, die hard 9ers fan boy of several weeks now. I've watched Kittle develop, and want to see him win, and get the ball.

I feel very strongly about this, as you can imagine.

You’re a good man and I applaud your growing Kittle appreciation.
However, I do think that you may have been influenced by someone with an agenda....won’t name names but I think we all know who I’m talking about.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
NFL half time

37977b7ae2a36f4e2a90a6657be05869.jpg

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I am considering going to the Bulldogs open training session tomorrow. The preseason sessions are good to familiarise myself with new kids.

Not sure yet though.

Hawkizefan

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
84847993_10157861704867487_4987160146867126272_o.jpg

women's comp is in its 4th year, just started for the year

is dabo's weeny hitting it soon? huddy?

Not sure about Dabo or traitor Huddy but my IOWA HAWKEYES signed a new punter from Melbourne by the name of Tory Taylor. I’ve reserved a spot on the HAWKEYE bandwagon for you.....first class, front row.
You, of course, will be providing all game day snacks and beverages but that’s a small price to pay to immerse yourself in the BLACK AND GOLD fountain of college football.

You’re welcome.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not sure about Dabo or traitor Huddy but my IOWA HAWKEYES signed a new punter from Melbourne by the name of Tory Taylor. I’ve reserved a spot on the HAWKEYE bandwagon for you.....first class, front row.
You, of course, will be providing all game day snacks and beverages but that’s a small price to pay to immerse yourself in the BLACK AND GOLD fountain of college football.

You’re welcome.
punter as in "drop punt" the kicking technique? we grow up with that here, for our feetsball that actually utilises feets more than yours

Hawkizefan

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
punter as in "drop punt" the kicking technique? we grow up with that here, for our feetsball that actually utilises feets more than yours

No no no no no no no.......
No drop kickses.....
Punts.
Punter.

I hope somebody fills the young man in with what kind of kicks he’ll be performing.
And they should go through his luggage thoroughly to make sure he’s not got any smoldering koalas in it.

When he kicks the ball here do you think it will spin in the opposite direction that it does when he kicks it there?

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
No no no no no no no.......
No drop kickses.....
Punts.
Punter.

I hope somebody fills the young man in with what kind of kicks he’ll be performing.
And they should go through his luggage thoroughly to make sure he’s not got any smoldering koalas in it.

When he kicks the ball here do you think it will spin in the opposite direction that it does when he kicks it there?

Hawkizefan

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What Does a punter do?

Not many kicks in your game

In our feetsball you have 4 attempts ( these are called downs...you have 4 downs) to move the ball 10 yards to achieve a new set of 4 downs and so on to move the ball down the field to score. If you don’t get the 10 yards in the first 3 attempts you face 4th down. If you have short yardage to go to make the 10 yards you can run another play in hopes of gaining the 10 yard mark....but if you fail the other team gets the ball at that spot. So on 4th down you often choose to punt the ball down field to force the other team further back so that they have a longer way to go to score.
That’s a simplistic, in a nutshell explanation. So a good punter that can kick the ball a long way or that can punt the ball to spots with accuracy is a valuable asset.

Merbear

Silver Contributor
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In our feetsball you have 4 attempts ( these are called downs...you have 4 downs) to move the ball 10 yards to achieve a new set of 4 downs and so on to move the ball down the field to score. If you don’t get the 10 yards in the first 3 attempts you face 4th down. If you have short yardage to go to make the 10 yards you can run another play in hopes of gaining the 10 yard mark....but if you fail the other team gets the ball at that spot. So on 4th down you often choose to punt the ball down field to force the other team further back so that they have a longer way to go to score.
That’s a simplistic, in a nutshell explanation. So a good punter that can kick the ball a long way or that can punt the ball to spots with accuracy is a valuable asset.

Wow, that’s a really good concise explanation! Maybe next season they can kick it ti Kittle :)
Derp.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ollie, the younger of my two parrots, is a signed up member of the Western Bulldogs Football Club now.

Ours aren't owned by millionaires like yours. They are more like a co op. So, we do things like buying imaginary season tickets for our pets.

VU Sponsors