Become a Patron!

RX200 Version 3.0 Firmware Update

Tanker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Has anyone downloaded this yet, does anyone know what it is fixing, and is it working or creating an issue where there wasn't one?

Tanker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
And what happened from 1.08 - 2.9?

Tanker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have been tracking that thread for 3 weeks now, my phone got tired and quit sending me email notifications about it. I'm really curious if anyone who has downloaded it has experienced any problems. After the 1.08 my Stealth Mode became intermittent and my mod will misfire periodically at all levels of charge. When this happens the battery level indicator reads dead and then it comes back up and fires fine. I reported it to Wismec (no response yet), but I'm sure I'm not the only one, so does this update fix all of that as well as give me SS TC options that I probably won't use since I don't Vape SS TC.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have been tracking that thread for 3 weeks now, my phone got tired and quit sending me email notifications about it. I'm really curious if anyone who has downloaded it has experienced any problems. After the 1.08 my Stealth Mode became intermittent and my mod will misfire periodically at all levels of charge. When this happens the battery level indicator reads dead and then it comes back up and fires fine. I reported it to Wismec (no response yet), but I'm sure I'm not the only one, so does this update fix all of that as well as give me SS TC options that I probably won't use since I don't Vape SS TC.
Dude, you can always turn off email notifications....
Keep this thread if you want
IM Just saying, if u want the Infos
That's the thread u wanna subscribe...
Just saying... It's going on right now, it's all bout TCR SS MODE, I don't use TEMP mode It's doesn't apply to me although I own 2 of these badboys

VAPE ON

Tanker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Dude, you can always turn off email notifications....
Keep this thread if you want
IM Just saying, if u want the Infos
That's the thread u wanna subscribe...
Just saying... It's going on right now, it's all bout TCR SS MODE, I don't use TEMP mode It's doesn't apply to me although I own 2 of these badboys

VAPE ON
I never turned off my email notifications, I just stopped getting them. If you actually go back to like page 2-4 you will see where I brought up the issues I just explained.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No issues with the update.
Adds tcr and corrects value to 316 wire for standard ss mode.

All the info you need is on the last page of the rx200 thread.

If you don't go to the thread from the email notification a couple times it will stop sending notifications until you visit the thread again. Then after you visit thread you are back in notifications

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If batteries are dropping down to zero on the scale and then coming back it sounds like weak batteries with a low discharge capability. What are you using?

No idea if the update will fix your problem but it shouldn't make it worse so it's worth a try.

Tanker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If batteries are dropping down to zero on the scale and then coming back it sounds like weak batteries with a low discharge capability. What are you using?

No idea if the update will fix your problem but it shouldn't make it worse so it's worth a try.
I'm using Sigelei 35A rewraps The batteries are all good and read 4.07 + if you turn off the RX200 and hold both up/down and fire all at the same time for 5 sec it will give you a battery read out for each cell.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm using Sigelei 35A rewraps The batteries are all good and read 4.07 + if you turn off the RX200 and hold both up/down and fire all at the same time for 5 sec it will give you a battery read out for each cell.

It isn't the voltage, it's the constant discharge rating which your's could be around 10a where a a25r is 20a.

Any of your friends have 2 r's or HE2/4 that you could try?

Tanker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It isn't the voltage, it's the constant discharge rating which your's could be around 10a where a a25r is 20a.

Any of your friends have 2 r's or HE2/4 that you could try?
I had these tested by a buddy who has an electronics repair shop, they test out at 20a constant.

Tanker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I also just noticed a title rattle up by the fire button. Shit! I hope that's nothing. I'm gonna stop now, and just Vape On.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That has to be the 1st rewrap to test @ 20a constant. If you dont have a friend that has the other cells mentioned, then I guess you won't know if that's the issue.

Mine has a rattle if I shake it hard... don't shake it hard and you won't have that rattle :D

centella4u

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No issue yet, but still don't know how to adjust wattage on M function.
3bdd1f8a394df28a7aa208d4307b918c.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ni200 should be around .0052 where ss is .00092. Why not just use the Ni mode though?

You can just set the temp around 500 and keep pushing tcr higher till you get the heat you want and adjust temp from there to fine tune.

Nichrome 80 most likely won't work if that's the wire you're asking about. The chip would have to be super sensative to pick up the resistance change with that wire.

IML8

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Why not just use the Ni mode though?

Because TCR is concerned with the delta (rate of change) in ohms with the change in temperature for a particular wire. The TCR settings for the RX200 should be the actual TCR of the metal times 10 raised to the fifth power. I use 304 SS so my TCR setting should be 0105 and that, as it turns out, is just about perfect on mine.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am assuming Ni200 so use Ni mode. If its nichrome 80 then use power mode, tcr doesn't matter

IML8

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I am assuming Ni200 so use Ni mode. If its nichrome 80 then use power mode, tcr doesn't matter

Oh, sorry. I got confused somewhere along the line...again...typical.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Happens to the best of us ;)
But it is still a mystery wire. Nichrome Ni200? Or nichrome 80?

Last edited:
What do you think would be the tcr for nichrome I want to test it out I know they have done it on the dna 200 and the kbox 200 watt comes with it.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would find the tcr they used in that thread and start there. You may need to go a little higher based on what I am seeing using the rx200 in trc mode with stainless wire.

Set to what they say, set your temp to 500° and keep pushing the tcr number higher untill you get a warm vape and then you can adjust temp from there to fine tune your vape.

Tanker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
That has to be the 1st rewrap to test @ 20a constant. If you dont have a friend that has the other cells mentioned, then I guess you won't know if that's the issue.

Mine has a rattle if I shake it hard... don't shake it hard and you won't have that rattle :D
Yeah, I stopped shaking it. I noticed it due to a stuck bubble. I am ordering new batteries this weekend anyway, that was already on the agenda. Orbtronics has authentic VCT5's.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lots of debate on the vtc5's.
Sony hasn't said they are making them again from what I've seen so if those are authentics then they are well over a year old and Lithium batterys have a shelf life.

I would pick up some green 25r's from imrbatteries.com for $6 if it were me.

Tanker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Lots of debate on the vtc5's.
Sony hasn't said they are making them again from what I've seen so if those are authentics then they are well over a year old and Lithium batterys have a shelf life.

I would pick up some green 25r's from imrbatteries.com for $6 if it were me.
Sony has made no bones about the fact that they Do Not support the vaping community, or the use of electronic tobacco alternatives. It would not make any sense for a multi billion dollar corporation to stop making a great product, for no reason, however what does make sense is to leak it to the vaping community that they are, so we would stop buying them. They make a fortune selling those batteries to electronics companies including themselves. Think about it. Cordless Power Tools, Cumputers, Mining and Drilling Industry, etc... All use 18650 batteries. Hell, I have a set of Walkies setting on my desk now, that have them in them.
All that being said, I will check out imr, I'm not overly picky about it, I just want a decent product that will get me from point A to point B, consistently, and without hassle.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
100% right. Why wouldn't they want any possibility of a lawsuit because a noob was chuckin clouds with his bad ass 0.1ohm build on a mech.

They stopped production about 2 years ago from memory and from their own web page have not started production again. I think their factory was near the nuke reactor that took a shit and they closed the plant. There have been rumors of them starting back up but no word from sony so I have to assume any vtc5 out there is old stock.

Lots of other choices there too like he4's but 25r's are my preference.

Tanker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Like I said, I'm not overly picky. I know that there are lots of really good products out there, and I will buy from a reputable seller, that has the best price on the best product for the money. I have been doing my homework on this.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't think you're going to find better pricing than at imr but let me know if you do... besides ebay fakes or some unknown place of course ;)

I'm not married to imr and would love to buy from lions(sp?) since hes a VU member if the prices were the same and would buy elsewhere but I haven't found authentics for less.

Tanker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I don't think you're going to find better pricing than at imr but let me know if you do... besides ebay fakes or some unknown place of course ;)

I'm not married to imr and would love to buy from lions(sp?) since hes a VU member if the prices were the same and would buy elsewhere but I haven't found authentics for less.
I believe you. I will check it out tonight.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Grouch, grinch... lol, naming the new 25r is getting good :)

Illumn is a good site too and that's a great price.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Green! Grouch works just as well. Maybe grinch was holiday name and grouch is more spring.

Yeah, smurf is what stuck :D

africamonk

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Liionwholesale.com

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That was it, play on words I was trying to remember. LI-Ion - liion - lion

Last edited:

Analias

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So is everybody happy with 3.0 who has installed it?

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So is everybody happy with 3.0 who has installed it?
ATM it seems they are preparing for a custom TCR with the M1 and such. 3 click menu up or down to select mode. fire to confirm 4 clicks to change wattage in temp modes and temp is the primary attribute but no way i see to change tcr yet. but much cleaner response.

From the main page "Customized TCR(Temperature Coefficient of Resistance)Mode
Newly Added TC-SS316 Mode
Optional TC-Ni/TC-Ti/VW Mode"

from a reddit at that https://www.reddit.com/r/electronic_cigarette/comments/40wzwd/rx200_new_firmware_30/
"Switch off, hold fire and up button

up and down selects memory, fire button toggles to allow adjusting TCR

Also to flip display now while unit is off hold up and down for 5 secs"

"Turned it off and pressed and held power + up and that got to me a screen with m1, scroll up and down to cycle through 1-3. Press power on any of them to then set a number between 0001 - 1000 using the up and down keys. Power to set. That then becomes a preset. When you scroll through the menu next time after clicking power 3 times m1-3 have turned into temperature m1-3. So I am assuming being able to set a number of that kind of value is temperature coefficient how ever I'm not 100% sure exactly"

For those confused when you see a TCR online like .00019 in the TCR setting move the decimal over on to the right. when setting so you would have 0019 just an example

Last edited:

Analias

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So basically this is the same same as the newest Evic Mini update. An improvement! More options including M1-M3 with manually settable TCR. Guess I'll hafta get onboard and join the fun. Thanks Humans.
No reported glitches yet?

F

fckaugust8th

Sooo... I downloaded the Wismec 3.0 update from their site. They only show that update under the Windows logo but I downloaded it on a mac! It works!
I now have v3.0 on my RX200.
Cheers,
Brewbear

Tanker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So basically this is the same same as the newest Evic Mini update. An improvement! More options including M1-M3 with manually settable TCR. Guess I'll hafta get onboard and join the fun. Thanks Humans.
No reported glitches yet?
No itchoos so far.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sooo... I downloaded the Wismec 3.0 update from their site. They only show that update under the Windows logo but I downloaded it on a mac! It works!
I now have v3.0 on my RX200.
Cheers,
Brewbear

Yeah I was confused by that at first

So I just updated to the 3.0 on my rx200. Now my mod is stuck in temperature nickel mode. Could this be because I did not do the other 2 updates? 1.07 & 1.08? Or something like that? Anyone have this same problem?

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So I just updated to the 3.0 on my rx200. Now my mod is stuck in temperature nickel mode. Could this be because I did not do the other 2 updates? 1.07 & 1.08? Or something like that? Anyone have this same problem?
if thats the case not wrong with going back and applying them in order. but the new control is 3 clicks to menu selection then use up or down to select mode the fire to confirm

if thats the case not wrong with going back and applying them in order. but the new control is 3 clicks to menu selection then use up or down to select mode the fire to confirm

Thank you for responding. DUH, LOL. I got it now, was trying the old 3 click way haha, didn't know or think to use the up button to switch modes! Mahalo!

SS temp mode doesn't seem to work good for me though still yet with the 3.0 update. In nickel mode with my smok tct, it works great, 510 degrees Fahrenheit at 55W. Tried in SS mode with my joyetech cubis and it sucks. I put it on the same temp and the mod goes straight to temperature control mode, with little to no output. Does better in wattage mode at 30W with this tank. Any suggestions?

VU Sponsors