Become a Patron!

RX200 Version 3.0 Firmware Update

Ben-Rod

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hold on that is incorrect...I thought you where askin about ni coils. I will get the tcr values for ss from the other thread for you.

Ben-Rod

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
It looks like they're setting a tcr value between 90-120 for ss wire. Set M1 at 90 as a starting point and work up from there until you get your temps to fall in the sweet spot...

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't think you're going to find better pricing than at imr but let me know if you do... besides ebay fakes or some unknown place of course ;)

I'm not married to imr and would love to buy from lions(sp?) since hes a VU member if the prices were the same and would buy elsewhere but I haven't found authentics for less.

Correction, I don't know if his prices have come down or my expectations have but liionwholesale has about the same price on cells and shipping so I will order there next time since he is a member here and has been very helpfull from what I've seen.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It looks like they're setting a tcr value between 90-120 for ss wire. Set M1 at 90 as a starting point and work up from there until you get your temps to fall in the sweet spot...

Yeah, I'm settling into 115 for SS, it's not the same value as the other chip manufacturers but whatever, just find what works.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Set a tcr memory to 650 and use that as your temp control instead of ni....It will make all the difference in the world.

There ya go! That's better for Ni. Wasn't stoked on the performance of Ni after update to 3.0. Now it is vaping very well on M2 @610 (personal preference) instead of preset Ni mode.

Ben-Rod

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Anyone who says temp control sucks, probably hasn't been able to adjust the tcr values...Because once it's fine tuned, it's 10× better than power mode to me...ymmv...

F

fckaugust8th

@Vaptor808 It shouldn't be stuck. Press 3 times in quick succession on the fire button- it should show you temp.Ni-now use the +/_ buttons tho go thru Ni, Ti, SS....
Cheers,
Brewbear

gtrovil

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh so we're down to shaming then? lol I just don't have time to mess with it much. I have stated several times that I don't know what I'm doing. A good reason why I'm here. I can do Kanthal/Wattage like a demon. You folks will win me over to the dark sid...er Temp Control. heh

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
what is interesting to me anyway is depending on the grade of SS wire. but my memory tcr is set at 0191, 0190,0188 and a love it there for 316 ss. nice and warm for a 35 40 watt push. anylower and its a bit anemic

Tanker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Oh so we're down to shaming then? lol I just don't have time to mess with it much. I have stated several times that I don't know what I'm doing. A good reason why I'm here. I can do Kanthal/Wattage like a demon. You folks will win me over to the dark sid...er Temp Control. heh
I'm new to the TC as well, and I'm really Not Feelin these Crown Ni200. They don't wick well, and I'm pushing as much power, 70w, at 540F to get any flavor at all. And I had to buy 4 to find all this out. With the .25 coil in power mode I was at 85w had more flavor and a wonderfully warm Vape. At 70w and 540f the Vape is mediocre. Muted and lukewarm.

Ben-Rod

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Where do you have the tcr set..? I'm using the crown ni200 and set my tcr at 650. You will get good vape with your current temp and watt settings...

Tanker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Where do you have the tcr set..? I'm using the crown ni200 and set my tcr at 650. You will get good vape with your current temp and watt settings...
I'm at 620 now, I started at 650 and settled in at 620. This Ni200 coil seems to take a while to break in. It is better this afternoon. I put it in on Sunday. I have noticed if I take 3 tugs it starts to taste a little cottony.

Tanker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Forgot about nickel "break-in", haven't used it in weeks and weeks.
SS seems good to go right away, as did the one Ti head I had.

Cotton is a whole issue on its own. ;)
Tastes like gettin my shins shot off by a Japanese machine gun.

VU Sponsors