Become a Patron!

Safety question for the Purge B2B v4

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I don't have nearly as many to compare it to as you and some other guys do, but this is definitely the hardest hitting mod I own.
It does hit incredibly hard, and IMO it is pretty much right up there with the best in this regard. I.e., the real world difference is only barely noticeable, if that. That is, if you have the Comp-S switch. Only the brass version of the mod had the older VC Tech switch so I upgraded the bottom section on mine. Both of my anodized aluminum ones and my copper one all came with the Comp-S. The Comp-S uses a screw-on ring around the button so it's easy to tell the difference by looking.

To me, the fact the aluminum ones don't hit noticeably less hard than the copper one is solid proof that the quality of the design in cohort with the machining are doing what they're supposed to be doing for the electric conductivity, i.e., you need to go out and buy a microscope to see the difference in voltage drop. Whereas with the stainless steel version of the Dreamer mod by Timesvape, the power loss that's due to the voltage drop of the mod, measured at 30 amps when Mooch tested it, it was a whopping six watts so IMO that one is pure shite. There is no comparison.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes, mine is the copper with the Comp S Switch. Which reminds me. It's probably time to clean that thing up. I use it all the time. I have the stacked section for it too. Which with a pair of 2070Cs (or 20S) will light up your life.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yes, mine is the copper with the Comp S Switch. Which reminds me. It's probably time to clean that thing up. I use it all the time. I have the stacked section for it too. Which with a pair of 2070Cs (or 20S) will light up your life.
I actually have six stacked sections for it, and a Fat Head top section and two XXV top sections. Those harder-hitting batteries that you mention may not even turn out to be the best choice for your specific coil build/setup and how you prefer to vape it... I found that my .26 ohms dual coil SFC (Ni80 28/36) build was scorching with them so I had to fall back on the (popular-old rewraps of the) Molicel INR20700A to save my throat, and it vapes excellent with them... just need to drip it really often, which I don't mind because taking just a few hits off of this thing is going to make your ears flap (like Disney's baby elephant Dumbo).

sfc.jpg

Last edited:

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
6 stacked sections? What's that like 20 volts? :D

I have a .27 build in the copper Druga on mine stacked and I'm probably going to bring that up to .3 (or so). .27 is right on the edge for me. Like a rocket engine and yes, you do have to keep that cotton wet or it will probably spontaneously combust.

I could go with tamer batteries, but I got that pair of 2070C's specifically for this setup :)

Last edited:

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
6 stacked sections? What's that like 20 volts? :D

I have a .27 build in the copper Druga on mine stacked and I'm probably going to bring that up to .3 (or so). .27 is right on the edge for me. Like a rocket engine and yes, you do have to keep that cotton wet or it will probably spontaneously combust.

I could go with tamer batteries, but I got that pair of 2070C's specifically for this setup :)
7 × 4.2 = 29.4 volts, but I'm not gonna try that shit out... lol Stacking up to 4 batteries in series with something like a 1.33 ohms build is way more than enough for craziness IMO... I have a matching stacked section for each one of my four XXX mods (brass, copper, purple plasma, red plasma) plus an additional copper stacked section, and also a cerakoted black copper one.

You could also decide to not fully charge your batteries, like, if you have a charger that displays the volts. In a series mech (unlike in a parallel mech or a paraseries mech) typically it doesn't matter that there's a bit of difference in voltage between the batteries anyway. That is, at least not as long as you don't let any of them get discharged too far down, which normally shouldn't happen if the difference in voltage is relatively small because then you'll still also feel the vape getting too weak a good long time in advance to safely prevent that.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You don't seem to be real keen on the idea of building a little higher :)

I guess that's a question lol

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You don't seem to be real keen on the idea of building a little higher :)

I guess that's a question lol
With very thin wire at 12+ wraps the coils are just too delicate IMO. There isn't really any other way to build higher when the hotness of Kanthal is not a desirable option.

VU Sponsors