Become a Patron!

Scuttlebutt

USMC8497

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
what bullshit this story was discredited as a lie already...but regardless service in the military buys you nothing...it entitles you to no larger or smaler voice in the republic than a janitor... despite the respect and gratitude it earns.
I did not know that this story had already been proven to be a lie. You are correct in saying "no larger or smaller voice", but we damn sure deserve the respect and gratitude for voluntarily putting our lives on the line in service of our country. Police Officers, Fireman, EMT's, Search and Rescue...there is a long list of people who deserve the respect and gratitude for voluntarily service.

guyakaguy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Police Officers, Fireman, EMT's, Search and Rescue...there is a long list of people who deserve the respect and gratitude

As well as trash collectors; miners; plumbers; truck drivers; janitors and custodians; health care workers; doctors and nurses; heavy equipment operators; postal workers; architectural, structural, and operating engineers; and practically every other type of profession in the world (minus a few).

I give no more and no less respect and gratitude to veterans and current enlisted folks as I give to the guy who collects my trash dumpster or cleans my condo building. That's just how I roll.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As well as trash collectors; miners; plumbers; truck drivers; janitors and custodians; health care workers; doctors and nurses; heavy equipment operators; postal workers; architectural, structural, and operating engineers; and practically every other type of profession in the world (minus a few).

I give no more and no less respect and gratitude to veterans and current enlisted folks as I give to the guy who collects my trash dumpster or cleans my condo building. That's just how I roll.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk
what bullshit when's the last time your trash collector got his jaw blown off going through your trash.

millennialvape

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Even though the jobs may not be the same, respect should still be given. When my parents were deployed in desert storm. It was the teachers, janitors, and other school personnel who helped me get through having no parents for a long time.

When i joined the military it wasn't for special recognition. It was to help protect those in our country who did not have the courage or the capability to do so them self. Just because they went to a different job career choice, doesn't make their job less meaningful. I know i wouldn't be able to live my life as well as i do without the person who flips my burgers, who empties my trash, who packs my groceries just as much as the people i served with.

In the end i was a military member not to be considered some one special, all people and professions are important. Afterall, those "trash collectors" are the same people we joined the military and swore an oath to protect. No where did it say in any of the paperwork i signed that we get special treatment over those who never signed their life to the government.

Just my 2 cents.... Carry on!

VU Sponsors