Become a Patron!

"Sense HERAKLES PLUS" My Overall Thoughts After 5 Days

xpmtterrx

Member For 4 Years
Man, after reading this I was considering getting the herk plus tank. I originally had the herk sense tank and got the TFv4 awhile back but now I'm not. So I'm looking for a third tank, any ideas if I already have the two previously mentioned?

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Man, after reading this I was considering getting the herk plus tank. I originally had the herk sense tank and got the TFv4 awhile back but now I'm not. So I'm looking for a third tank, any ideas if I already have the two previously mentioned?
I know this I might try out that mutank by indulgence. I'm a mark for the crown and tfv4 so the mutank is supposedly up there with those 2 sub ohms

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I really don't like the plus. It was all hype and it was just a waste of the money. A lot of people say it doesn't have a problem and I might have gotten a bad one but I def will not try another product from sense

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You can find the Herk V1 for about $16.00 if you look around, a steal in my opinion. I would also consider the Crown for sure. Still, all the reviews say the Herk Plus is the king at the moment. Ill wait 'till my local B/M gets the H+ in stock and ill try it there before investing $25.00+...

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You can find the Herk V1 for about $16.00 if you look around, a steal in my opinion. I would also consider the Crown for sure. Still, all the reviews say the Herk Plus is the king at the moment. Ill wait 'till my local B/M gets the H+ in stock and ill try it there before investing $25.00+...
Idk bout King. Flavor wise it's ok Imo the flavor of tfv4 quad,Clapton coils are better. Also I find the aspire claptons to be better then the herk+. Imo

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow, surprising to hear about the leaking problems with the Herakles Plus, mine has been leak free for about the 5 days or so I have had it. I thought it was a good tank with the kanthal coil but it took a few tankfuls to break in. I installed the SS coil the other night and filled it up with juice and let it sit as I slept to fully saturate the coil and in the morning it was really good, no break in time needed. I used it in power mode for the first day at around 40 to 50 watts and thought it was comparable to the kanthal coil after it was broken in. Today I decided to run it in TC mode at 480 degrees and 41 watts on my Reuleaux and wow, it is working great. I have run my Crown with in TC mode with both the SS and Ni coils and preferred just normal power mode with SS. I also tried my TFV4 with the Ti coils in TC mode and was about ready to write off TC all together.

I have been seriously impressed with the Herk Plus now that I am running the SS coils in TC mode, the flavor and cloud production is just the way I like it. I am not going to dump my Crown or TFV4 which are both great as well but flavor wise I think the Herk Plus might have the edge for me.

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Anyone here have both Herakles and Herakles Plus? I wonder if an original Herakles tank body can fit the base and coil of the new Plus, resulting in a tank that does not leak and can use the new Herakles Plus coils?

On the TFV4, I saw review that the new Coral tanks coils will fit. This is a dual coil the size of a TFV4 quad. Review said better flavor, same clouds, and uses less juice. The Coral coils are also much cheaper than SMOK Tech coils.

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The coils from the V1 Herakles will NOT work in the Herakles Plus:oops:.

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I would stay away from the herakles plus. From my own experience. I hear good things bout the first herakles

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I still stand by the tfv4 and crown

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The H Plus base had to be changed to fit the new coils. However, will the original Herakles glass and upper portion fit on top of the new base? Or, would the new coils not work with the old chimney and who knows on the threading....

I agree on standing by the TFV4 and in my case the OG Herakles.

dud3r

Member For 4 Years
I'm loving my Herakles Plus. We bought two of them and both agree it's the best tank we've tried so far. I did leave the control open when filling and got a little flooding. I closed it, took drags until I could tell the wick was getting dry and then opened the flow. Worked perfect. Worth a shot.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@MR. MAYHEM, I have the opposite experience than you in regards to the Herk Plus, it has been great. I have the same experience than you with the Indulgence Mutank though, leaks and the clapton coil that is supposed to be 0.50 ohms reads at 0.16 and generally sucks. I know a lot of people have had great experiences with the Mutank though so I figure I just got a lemon of the bunch, probably what happened to you with the Herk Plus. I have heard people get bum TFV4's as well, one guy cracked his glass trying to open up the top to fill as it was so tight.

Sorry to hear you got a bum Herk Plus, I just want people to know that when it works right it works great.

My current sub tank obsession is the Stentorian Steam Engine though, real good looking tank and the clapton coil has been super tasty, might be a match to the Herk Plus SS coil in TC for the best flavor.

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
@MR. MAYHEM, I have the opposite experience than you in regards to the Herk Plus, it has been great. I have the same experience than you with the Indulgence Mutank though, leaks and the clapton coil that is supposed to be 0.50 ohms reads at 0.16 and generally sucks. I know a lot of people have had great experiences with the Mutank though so I figure I just got a lemon of the bunch, probably what happened to you with the Herk Plus. I have heard people get bum TFV4's as well, one guy cracked his glass trying to open up the top to fill as it was so tight.

Sorry to hear you got a bum Herk Plus, I just want people to know that when it works right it works great.

My current sub tank obsession is the Stentorian Steam Engine though, real good looking tank and the clapton coil has been super tasty, might be a match to the Herk Plus SS coil in TC for the best flavor.
@mjag it's possible I got a bum herk+ but I won't spend more money on another one to find out. This is my second sense product with the cyclone being the first. That was the biggest pos I've ever owned. That cyclone didn't even make it out the shop I bought it from. They exchanged it for something else. I probably will never buy another sense product. The tfv4 is my second favorite flavor wise and my best vapor production sub ohm. I've never had leaking issues or disassembly problems and I've owned both the full size and mini versions. Just a great tank imo. Unfortunately I have to disagree with the ss coils on the herk. I found the kanthals to be better flavor wise. Only issue I had with both coils were they did not last very long. I just gave my herk+ away. Couldn't stand it. Bought a royal hunter rda. That rda leaks less than the herk lol. But anyways very nice that yours and a lot of others is working for them. I would be cool if I could of gotten that same experience and praised it to the world but I can't. Sucks

NOLA_Willie

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have both the black and stainless steel Herakles Plus tanks.
I've had them since they first hit the market.
I've never had any leaking problems with either
tank. The flavor is phenomenal and they chuck the
clouds. I do follow the filling instructions.
I am sorry some of you are experiencing difficulties.
But for me, they are performing flawlessly.

I'm a little worried after reading the various opinions here. I have two Herakles Plus on the way, one for my daughter and of course one for me. I am typically the guy who reads instructions when putting things together or for usage. She on the other hand is a bit more of the "i'll do it my way" kind of person. The other issue is that she is using the Ego One Mega battery and wants to put the Herakles Plus on it. I ain't real sure how that is going to work out, and once that beast starts to leaking because she fills it her way, I may wind up with two of these tanks. I'll be using mine on the JoyeTech Evic-VT 60w. I tend to like the NI coils better but I would love to try the SS coils in the Herk. I take it that the SS coils will not work on the Evic as it does not have a TC setting for SS. Is that correct?

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you read through this thread most are having great experiences with the Herk Plus, the only 2 that experienced some leaking was one who had a black one that leaked but his silver didn't. Not sure what color Mr. Mayhem has but he has had bad luck with his, aside from that most think it is a great tank, myself included.

The most important thing is you close the juice flow control completely when filling, if you don't the pressure in the tank when you screw the top back on will force juice through the coil and leak.

If you do happen to get 1 with leaking issues then I would contact your vendor. I recently got a Indulgence Mutank that leaked like a mother, contacted my vendor and they replaced it, the new one works like a champ and no leaking issues. I think the problem with the old leaky Mutank was somewhere between the glass and orings, you could see juice going places it should not. Just 1 faulty o ring in a subtank and ruin your day but no need to throw the baby out with the bath water if you have a good vendor who will make things right.

I got my Mutank from vaperoyalty.com by the way and the way they treated my problem will get a ton of repeat business from me.

If you all want a great tank I would really recommend the Stentorian Steam Engine. Holds 6ml, real airy draw, great clouds and flavor and one of the best looking tanks I own. So far I like it better than the Crown, TFV4 full size and mini, Herk Plus and Mutank. The flavor with the clapton coil is probably the best, love the Steam Engine.

You will want to use the SS coils in power mode with the Evic-VT, hopefully joytech comes out with a software update for it like the did for the VTC mini which works great in SS TC mode.

If you read through this thread most are having great experiences with the Herk Plus, the only 2 that experienced some leaking was one who had a black one that leaked but his silver didn't. Not sure what color Mr. Mayhem has but he has had bad luck with his, aside from that most think it is a great tank, myself included.

The most important thing is you close the juice flow control completely when filling, if you don't the pressure in the tank when you screw the top back on will force juice through the coil and leak.

If you do happen to get 1 with leaking issues then I would contact your vendor. I recently got a Indulgence Mutank that leaked like a mother, contacted my vendor and they replaced it, the new one works like a champ and no leaking issues. I think the problem with the old leaky Mutank was somewhere between the glass and orings, you could see juice going places it should not. Just 1 faulty o ring in a subtank and ruin your day but no need to throw the baby out with the bath water if you have a good vendor who will make things right.

I got my Mutank from vaperoyalty.com by the way and the way they treated my problem will get a ton of repeat business from me.

If you all want a great tank I would really recommend the Stentorian Steam Engine. Holds 6ml, real airy draw, great clouds and flavor and one of the best looking tanks I own. So far I like it better than the Crown, TFV4 full size and mini, Herk Plus and Mutank. The flavor with the clapton coil is probably the best, love the Steam Engine.

You will want to use the SS coils in power mode with the Evic-VT, hopefully joytech comes out with a software update for it like the did for the VTC mini which works great in SS TC mode.
It would be nice, but from everything that I have seen, Joyetech never intended for the Evic-VT to be upgradable. We will have to wait and see if that changes. If leaking ever becomes an issue due to o-rings, that is easy enough to fix. I'll just have to be sure that the daughter follows the instructions and we will both have to remember to flip the tank when opening the juice flow vents. We got these tanks for $20 each from http://www.eightvape.com/ so if worse comes to worse, this will not be a big loss. I expect great things though. I am now just worried about her set up but we do have an istick 40w and the Coolfire IV. She just really likes the sticks. :D Thanks for the reply and suggestions.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I never flip my Herk plus when opening the juice control but it's not a bad idea, have never had leaking issues though with mine.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I get a little bit of seeping from my stainless herakles plus but my black one has been solid. Even though the stainless does seep from time to time, I still love it. I've been on the same coils for weeks vaping at 65-90 watts and have had no issues whatsoever. It's been back and fourth but I can honestly say I prefer my Herakles Plus over all my tanks, including the crown.

Well we received our 2 Herakles Plus' today. Both are amazing. She is loving her's on the Ego One Mega battery and so far, the battery life has been good. Mine is so much better than my Melo 2, and that tank ain't bad at all. I am getting some of the spit back with the 316L coils. Running it at 45w for the break in. The air flow is omg out of this world. No leakage from either and the are both black. She and I agree, best investment we have made in our tanks. Now I just have to talk myself into the Crown for comparison.

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Taking TC out of the equation, how do the Herk Plus and Steam Engine compare then?

The Arctic V8 hive, tiger, snake also got my attention. However, I see comments about that being too hot with original coils, and real world Arctic V8 prices went way up when the specialty coils were revealed. A month ago this was a $20 tank.

BPROSEK

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ecig.com still has them for $19, you can use code turbo for 5% off. It's a great tank with the v4 .2 coils, the .2 v8 coil is amazing, and I cannot wait to try out the new ones. I also have the herk plus and love it along with my vengeance tanks from cov.

The Herakles Plus will get pretty hot with the Ego One Mega at the base of the tank. That is using the kanthal coil that comes with it. It's a really good vape though.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Taking TC out of the equation, how do the Herk Plus and Steam Engine compare then?

The Arctic V8 hive, tiger, snake also got my attention. However, I see comments about that being too hot with original coils, and real world Arctic V8 prices went way up when the specialty coils were revealed. A month ago this was a $20 tank.

In just power mode I like the Steam Engine better, great air flow and flavor with the Clapton coils.

BPROSEK

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
In just power mode I like the Steam Engine better, great air flow and flavor with the Clapton coils.
so the claptons are the way to go for flavor? Good to know, I was less than impressed with the flat ribbon...will just skip over the .25 parallel and go straight to the claptons...at first I thought the lack of/odd taste had to be from machine oil (even after I cleaned it thoroughly), but I guess it is just those reg coils. Gotta say it chucks great clouds though taste regardless on the flat coil.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I haven't tried the other coils, went straight to the clapton with the Steam Engine, I think I will skip the other coils after hearing your experience.

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453049401.202488.jpgusing the Arctic today w my winnings from Christmas lol my invader mini!
Battery drains fast thou lol

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Using the regular herkales I was about to pay for a cleito and I'm glad I didn't.
For the price of those coils I would rather have a diff choice .
Will likely grab the Herks plus

TRAYCII

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Juat out of curiosity what coils is everyone using for the "PLUS"? Is anyone using the .4 ohm kanthal ones or are you all using the various temp control like .2 ohm coils? I just wanted to know if maybe the type of coil may be the the difference in the leakage issue. I have the Herakles version that's the step below the PLUS and it always leaked when I used the did metal coils, but had virtually no problem with the .6 regular coils, maybe due to the cotton soaking up the excess liquid? IDK just a question, would.like to know what coils everyone is using on their PLUS, bc I want to get one I just don't want it to leak and if people using the kanthal coils aren't having as much of a leaking issue that would be awesome to hear. Also while I'm at it, how much more clouds does thu PLUS produce compared to the version I have bc I don't want to fill the room with one puff, as the herakles I already have makes plenty of clouds and wouldn't want "that much more", I'm more in it for the flavor than the clouds, the more the cloud the more the smell sticks to the room ie; carpet, clothes, furniture ect. Thanks for any response and sorry for long comment...firat time poster!

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Juat out of curiosity what coils is everyone using for the "PLUS"? Is anyone using the .4 ohm kanthal ones or are you all using the various temp control like .2 ohm coils? I just wanted to know if maybe the type of coil may be the the difference in the leakage issue. I have the Herakles version that's the step below the PLUS and it always leaked when I used the did metal coils, but had virtually no problem with the .6 regular coils, maybe due to the cotton soaking up the excess liquid? IDK just a question, would.like to know what coils everyone is using on their PLUS, bc I want to get one I just don't want it to leak and if people using the kanthal coils aren't having as much of a leaking issue that would be awesome to hear. Also while I'm at it, how much more clouds does thu PLUS produce compared to the version I have bc I don't want to fill the room with one puff, as the herakles I already have makes plenty of clouds and wouldn't want "that much more", I'm more in it for the flavor than the clouds, the more the cloud the more the smell sticks to the room ie; carpet, clothes, furniture ect. Thanks for any response and sorry for long comment...firat time poster!
Hello, and welcome to VU. What device are you using with your Herakles? I have 3 V1 Herks and leaking has never been an issue. I use the .2 Ni200 coils in all of them and flavor is top notch. Check Ebay for all the coils available for the Herakles Plus.

BPROSEK

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have both herk + and herk v2, have used all coil types and have not had one leak issue at all/ever. Haven't used the original herk so I cannot comment on that tank, but I can wholeheartedly recommend the +; the v2 is ok but I received a unit that is not machined well - the top cap is not uniform in metal thickness from one side to the other...besides that it is merely a shorter version of the + with less juice capacity which makes it less functional in my opinion.

I would go with the plus in a heartbeat, the black, stainless, and rose gold all look awesome and perform smashingly!

TRAYCII

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Right now I'm using the 100w Eleaf istick with the herakles, the one that came out before the PLUS sk I'm not sure what it would be called lol! But I don't use the temp Coñ trolled coils just the regular .6 ohm cotton ones. I did however have a leaking issue when I used the metal (not sure which one it was) coil that came with it so that's why I was wondering if it was just a difference in coils that was causing the PLUS to leak? The leaking issue and the fact that people are saying how huge and thick the clouds are, are the only 2 things that are holding me back! But do you think that there are just more good tanks out there than bad it's just that more people are reporting the bad than the good ones? And still just wanna know just how much more cloud vapor this tank produces over the herakles version I have? If it's pretty much the same at 50 watts and only gets really cloudy going up from there than I can deal with that, and if it's a difference between what coils you use that make different amounts of clouds, which ones would make the least? (my husband just hates the "fog" my vaping creates with just a few puffs when we are in the same room, it bothers his eyes besides leaving a slight smell on everything). Thanks for the responses so far I really appreciate them!!

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I am going to grab a Mermaid, though 2 ml is pretty small. Heard it was less prone to spit or leak without the airflow system, and juice control. Closest to og Herakles but can run new + coils, and I can try 316ss in TC mode for both this and tfv4. Mermaid is so cheap, I can get a H + or V2 later if I like the coils enough.

By the way, my og Herk almost never leaked. Maybe a few drops when the coil was at its end of life. Tank with no bad habits. Vape is now a little warm and restrictive by today's standards. Coils usually last several weeks.

Got Steam Engine first. It's OK. Not sure why ppl rave about it. My shinyitus won that day. Perfectly OK I guess. Feels like mid point between Kanger sub mini and uwell Crown, in all respects.

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Right now I'm using the 100w Eleaf istick with the herakles, the one that came out before the PLUS sk I'm not sure what it would be called lol! But I don't use the temp Coñ trolled coils just the regular .6 ohm cotton ones. I did however have a leaking issue when I used the metal (not sure which one it was) coil that came with it so that's why I was wondering if it was just a difference in coils that was causing the PLUS to leak? The leaking issue and the fact that people are saying how huge and thick the clouds are, are the only 2 things that are holding me back! But do you think that there are just more good tanks out there than bad it's just that more people are reporting the bad than the good ones? And still just wanna know just how much more cloud vapor this tank produces over the herakles version I have? If it's pretty much the same at 50 watts and only gets really cloudy going up from there than I can deal with that, and if it's a difference between what coils you use that make different amounts of clouds, which ones would make the least? (my husband just hates the "fog" my vaping creates with just a few puffs when we are in the same room, it bothers his eyes besides leaving a slight smell on everything). Thanks for the responses so far I really appreciate them!!
That's a nice mod! When you use any subohm tank with sub ohm coils (less than 1.0) your going to get lot's of vapor production. Might want to get a mtl kit (innokin Endura t-18, Eleaf ijust start kit, etc) so you can use 1.6/1.8 coils and produce less vapor but still get good flavor. Just remember the higher ohm coil you use, you might have to up the nic level to compensate. I use 18mg nic in my Nautilus Mini tank with 1.8 coils, but I use 3mg when subohming on my Herakles. I also open windows and use a fan when I vape inside...Of course, it's 85 degrees right now in SE Az, might not be able to open the windows where you are.

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Short of becoming a mtl enthusiast, I wonder if it matters which setup? Not going to build for this. Just want 1 tank that will not get me in trouble at work. I just, T18, Nautilus Mini, Triton 1.8, Kanger 1.5, eLeaf GS, and so forth..... Any real difference? If some of these could run on lower nic, that would be helpful, vs buying very different juice compared to 3 nic 70vg for sub ohm. I have some 6 nic left over.

TRAYCII

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Where is everyone buying their PLUS the cheapest yet absolutely authentic as well as the lowest price on the .4 ohm kanthal coils which is what I would like to start off with. I've heard to watch out for clones and non-authentic ones on ebay where they seem to be pretty cheap. I might as well give it a try, and if anybody recommends somewhere that they got there's and have either had major problems or NO problems with their PLUS it would help even further that would be awesome!

TRAYCII

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That's a nice mod! When you use any subohm tank with sub ohm coils (less than 1.0) your going to get lot's of vapor production. Might want to get a mtl kit (innokin Endura t-18, Eleaf ijust start kit, etc) so you can use 1.6/1.8 coils and produce less vapor but still get good flavor. Just remember the higher ohm coil you use, you might have to up the nic level to compensate. I use 18mg nic in my Nautilus Mini tank with 1.8 coils, but I use 3mg when subohming on my Herakles. I also open windows and use a fan when I vape inside...Of course, it's 85 degrees right now in SE Az, might not be able to open the windows where you are.
You know what I realized is that the I just went down to 3mg of nic and the Herakles has literally gone through my liquid like it's drinking it! And I use 80+vg juice! I used to be able to only need to fill the tank about 2 times a day and it's a small tank, and now I have to fill it a few times bc it just goes through the juice so fast and I'm not using it more which I originally thought that I was compensating for lowering the nic but no that's not it! Idk how you have you have yours setup but I make my juice holes half moons instead of leaving 3 open holes. It seems that half moons help not go through so much liquid but maybe I have it backwards?? Or maybe it's the batch of coils I've been getting? How do you setup your juice holes?

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Where is everyone buying their PLUS the cheapest yet absolutely authentic as well as the lowest price on the .4 ohm kanthal coils which is what I would like to start off with. I've heard to watch out for clones and non-authentic ones on ebay where they seem to be pretty cheap. I might as well give it a try, and if anybody recommends somewhere that they got there's and have either had major problems or NO problems with their PLUS it would help even further that would be awesome!

I have a few of them, 5 to be exact. Two came from vape royalty, two came from a member here and the last one, which is actually the V2, came from ecig empire. I just ordered a second V2 last night in stainless from ecig empire to complete the collection.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You know what I realized is that the I just went down to 3mg of nic and the Herakles has literally gone through my liquid like it's drinking it! And I use 80+vg juice! I used to be able to only need to fill the tank about 2 times a day and it's a small tank, and now I have to fill it a few times bc it just goes through the juice so fast and I'm not using it more which I originally thought that I was compensating for lowering the nic but no that's not it! Idk how you have you have yours setup but I make my juice holes half moons instead of leaving 3 open holes. It seems that half moons help not go through so much liquid but maybe I have it backwards?? Or maybe it's the batch of coils I've been getting? How do you setup your juice holes?

I think no matter how you set your airflow the plus is going to burn through juice. Even if you close off all the airflows, you still get a substantial amount of air. It's a really airy tanks and that's part of the allure. Ive also found that the coils need a good amount of power behind them to get a good vape. I generally use my .4 coils at 70-100 watts and the SS in TC at 60 watts, 500 degrees.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm more in it for the flavor than the clouds, the more the cloud the more the smell sticks to the room ie; carpet, clothes, furniture ect.

You could also try using less VG, for less clouds and more flavor.
But most of these big airy tanks will probably leak and/or gurgle & flood with higher PG.
I'd recommend getting a Joyetech Cubis with the 1.5 Clapton coils, or a Joyetech Tron-S with 1.0 CLR coils.
Better for more discreet vaping, decent flavor, and less juice consumption.
Edit: forgot to mention I'm a MTL type.

Last edited:

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You could also try using less VG, for less clouds and more flavor.
But most of these big airy tanks will probably leak and/or gurgle & flood with higher PG.
I'd recommend getting a Joyetech Cubis with the 1.5 Clapton coils, or a Joyetech Tron-S with 1.0 CLR coils.
Better for more discreet vaping, decent flavor, and less juice consumption.

The plus has juice flow control so you should be able to use high PG juice. In order to avoid leaking or gurgling with the plus you need to follow a couple steps when filling: Close the juice flow, fill the tank, flip it upside down, open the juice flow, flip it back over and vape. It's a bit of a pain in the balls but well worth in my opinon.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The plus has juice flow control so you should be able to use high PG juice. In order to avoid leaking or gurgling with the plus you need to follow a couple steps when filling: Close the juice flow, fill the tank, flip it upside down, open the juice flow, flip it back over and vape. It's a bit of a pain in the balls but well worth in my opinon.

Not too fond of the "juice control" part as I've got another tank with that and it's kinda wonky.
But I was rebuilding it with a horizontal coil with the wicks sticking out some, lol, (I tried to kinda push them in the holes tho).
They're meant to use verticals, but the stock coils, or the tank itself, is leaky anyway(OBS T-VCT).
Gave up trying to fiddle around with it as I just prefer the simple stuff that "works out of the box".
Haven't had any leaking with the Cubis(top fill), or Tron-S(bottom fill)CLR's, just simple fill and go.
BTW, forgot to mention I do MTL, & no sub-ohm, so most of these airy-er types don't dial down enough for me anyway.

rolltidevaper

Still here! Just covered up with "life"
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I've had the H Plus for a few weeks. I would say it's an "above average" sub tank. I haven't had any leaking issues, but I can't seem to get rid of "spit back". Once the coil is broken in, it gets better, but still there! As far as flavor, it's not a good as the Crown, but it's not bad. The top air flow is a flavor killer! I just turn it off. It's great for clouds, but not for flavor. It's in my daily line-up, but when I go from the Herk to my Crown, the Crown always wins! It's not a bad tank at all, and if I didn't have the Crown I'd probably be very impressed with it.

patorpw

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My regular sub ohm tank was the sub tank mini but I decided to get a new tank considering all the innovations recently. I opted for the Herk Plus and had it a week now. I have to say it has been outstanding and I've had no issues with leaking etc at all.

The top fill is a joy after three years bottom filling and unscrewing and screwing the tank off the mod. Airflow is perfect for me but the flavour is out of this world! I don't think I'll ever pick up the sub tank again after using this Herk now. I've used a variety of juices in the tank and it's handled them all great. 70/30 and 50/50 mixes.

Highly recommended for a stock coil tank.

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm biting the bullet getting one or other TVF4 or herkales plus done deal finished lol or BOTH!
I love and am hooked on tanks lmao402944508240339

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
No reservations at all on the tfv4, but I'm trying the different, less common coils. Using TF-T4 quad Clapton with TF-T8 on the way. TF-T4 chucks big time, and still cool at 95-105w. Just got a sextuplet, SS, and 2 RBA's. Original Q4 not my thing, too warm and flavor a little muted.

TF-T4 set off hotel fire alarm, and I was in bathroom, door closed. Clouds got through gaps in the door frame, to give an idea.

As for H+, I still hear about spitback and leaking for some tanks, not all. Mermaid would be answer except at 2 ml, it's almost a dripper. Og Herk still in lineup, second to tfv4 among many tanks. Coils last several weeks.

Should we bother with Mermaid, or gamble on the H+ or V2? Can these new Sense tanks do something the tfv4 and Crown can't, or are they just more of the same?

BPROSEK

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The new mermaid is coming out as well, preordered one from breazy. I wasn't a fan of my v2, shelved it right away. Do love my herk +. Will have to check out the t8's and the tft4 in my tfv's, The crown, tfv4 and the herk+ are all great tanks. All have their +/-'s but all around provide great vapor and flavor across a wide platform of coils.
Mermaid_Plus_large.jpg

VU Sponsors