Become a Patron!

Smok Xpro M80 Plus (with temp control)

omghax

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hello, just wanted to add my good vibes - I've had my SMOK M80 Plus for a few days now and I'm very happy! I also have a DNA 40 which performs wonderful as well, but not to compare - just everyone thinks they're suppose to be the same. SMOK has said their TC works with a wet wick and is not good at detecting dry wicks, to me this means you can take long restrictive hits with higher wattage and not get a dry hit.

When I first received my device I honestly tried using it like my DNA 40 and quickly learned it is completely different, with that in mind I have been very happy with my device. I have gotten dry hits but only when I know damn well that there is no juice left and to simply test this "temperature control" out. The battery life is amazing, I have yet to get it below 85% with me constantly switching RBA's and switching between modes. Side note, when I build 0.14 ohms or higher and at 20+ watts with TC it performs the best for me - I will be testing RTA's once I get my higher gauged Ni200 in.

Anyway I'll stop blabbering, I hope I helped someone change their mind about this beauty :)

Hello, just wanted to add my good vibes - I've had my SMOK M80 Plus for a few days now and I'm very happy! I also have a DNA 40 which performs wonderful as well, but not to compare - just everyone thinks they're suppose to be the same. SMOK has said their TC works with a wet wick and is not good at detecting dry wicks, to me this means you can take long restrictive hits with higher wattage and not get a dry hit.

When I first received my device I honestly tried using it like my DNA 40 and quickly learned it is completely different, with that in mind I have been very happy with my device. I have gotten dry hits but only when I know damn well that there is no juice left and to simply test this "temperature control" out. The battery life is amazing, I have yet to get it below 85% with me constantly switching RBA's and switching between modes. Side note, when I build 0.14 ohms or higher and at 20+ watts with TC it performs the best for me - I will be testing RTA's once I get my higher gauged Ni200 in.

Anyway I'll stop blabbering, I hope I helped someone change their mind about this beauty :)
My friend just received his M80 and he agrees with all of this. Very accurate statements here. The TC is completely different from a DNA 40. He even tried TC on regular kanthal and it still worked quite well, allowing large and long drags off his 0.15 ohm 24g kanthal build without a burnt taste. It will only burn like was said if you KNOW that the wick is pretty dry.

chris.ardito.3

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So dumb ass me I try to update mine now it's frozen.
It won't reset I was thinking of going back into the program erase all and try it again.
How do I unfreeze it

Sent from my iPhone using
99c83ff758dcde4ee8742a7d0b16997c.jpg

Last edited:

nodor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't understand this. If it ignites cotton at a setting of 200 and the ignition point of cotton is 400 how can temp control be working? I've got one on the way so I need to understand. Also it was said that it works with kanthal. It sounds to me more like it gives a shot of power then tapers off with no real temp sensing at all.

chris.ardito.3

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
People call the test the 420 cotton test. It burns the dry cotton at that temp. I never heard it burn it on 200 degrees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nodor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well my Sigelei burns dry cotton at 80 watts as well and I love that thing. I hope to love this as well for $42.00.
Yah well my god180 burns wet cotton at 180 watts and I love it to !!! And your right at the price of this mod I will get value for the dollar in regular mode so TC is just extra to play with. I use my homemade cans/sx350J mod with a marquis for TC and my VF V3 just collecting dust.

VapeNMirrors

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is a nice little device. The TC is really a Temperature Curve program. It will vary wattage over time with a peak shortly after firing just above the wattage set. It will then decline slowly over time. The wattage ramp is varied by the temp you have set. It essentially emulates the wattage curve for running the coil at a constant temp. I don't think it has any clue what the actual temp is or makes any effort to determine or measure it. It measures the resistance change and maintains wattage it wattage mode. In Temp mode it just drives the wattage following it's pre-programmed curves.

Mine came with firmware V7 which doesn't do anything differently from 6.1 as far as I can tell from what I've read/seen online. I'm hoping we can at least get screen rotation and stealth mode in an update. In theory, they could update for actual temp control but as of now that's just not what it's doing.

I bought it rather than an iStick50 because those are all sold out around here and I was looking for a small dual battery mod. I like the iStick ergonomics better (curves, usb port placement, left/right screen display). This has mech-mode, temp curve, higher power, displays 0.01 ohm, maybe 2A charging (read somewhere), and is a nice build. If they were both on the shelf... dunno...

chris.ardito.3

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Does anyone know smok is going to fix the auto fire problem. I didn't see if they are, but there is a lot of people that have this problem ever when it's off it fires.

chris.ardito.3

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just sent them a email. I just want to ask to see if anyone else had ask.

VapeDogg22

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm looking into buying a temp control regulated box mod too. The X Pro Plus by Smok sounds pretty good overall. Can you reset the puff counter?

cogli0ne

Member For 4 Years
I own an istick 30w and i like it, all is good except battery life.

For my birthday i got an istick 50w, battery life is awesome, it lasts me at least three times longer than the 30w.

However i noticed that it sometimes stops firing during a drag and restarts the firing. Sometimes i notice that it has switched from VW to VV by itself, i never use VV as i prefer VW.

I haven't had any auto fires (yet), but i'm starting to get concerned about the quality of the istick 50w. Googling it didn't get me less concerned, seems as if others are experiencing similiar issues.

I'm thinking of returning it to the vendor and exchanging it to a xpro m80 plus since the price difference is only about $10-12.

Is it worth it? And how is this device compared to the istick 50w, any issues apart from the tc?

I don't think the tc should bother me as i would be using it like a VW mod...

cogli0ne

Member For 4 Years
The Istick 100 sucks but not as much as the M80 sucks.

Thanks for your reply. In what aspect do they suck?

I'm actually happy with the istick 30w, but i need something more powerful with better battery life that isn't defective like the istick 50w. In my country the istick 100w costs less than the m80, but is sold without batteries.

Would you recommend some other mod?

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
Thanks for your reply. In what aspect do they suck?

I'm actually happy with the istick 30w, but i need something more powerful with better battery life that isn't defective like the istick 50w. In my country the istick 100w costs less than the m80, but is sold without batteries.

Would you recommend some other mod?
To be honest, this thread is TL;DR, so I don't know if a) you have already posted your specific needs, b) what options have already been suggested , or c) what country you live in and what's available there for you. That said, if they are available in your country, and you don't need a high powered mod, there are a lot of options now in the 60-75 watt range. You could look into the IPV D2 and Sigelei 75w mods (I own the D2 and it is pretty good for the price). The D2 is probably the closest you will get to the size of the iStick 30w that you are already using. In the 60w range, there are a lot of options like the eVic VTC Mini, and the SMY 60w TC Mini (also both are pretty good mods).

Good luck, I hope you find something that fits your needs. HTH!

cogli0ne

Member For 4 Years
To be honest, this thread is TL;DR, so I don't know if a) you have already posted your specific needs, b) what options have already been suggested , or c) what country you live in and what's available there for you. That said, if they are available in your country, and you don't need a high powered mod, there are a lot of options now in the 60-75 watt range. You could look into the IPV D2 and Sigelei 75w mods (I own the D2 and it is pretty good for the price). The D2 is probably the closest you will get to the size of the iStick 30w that you are already using. In the 60w range, there are a lot of options like the eVic VTC Mini, and the SMY 60w TC Mini (also both are pretty good mods).

Good luck, I hope you find something that fits your needs. HTH!

Thanks!

My needs:
Since the only thing that bothered me with the istick 30w was battery life im looking for something with similiar specs as the istick 50w that doesn't have button issues, autofires, explodes etc. 4400mah is just perfect.

I believe 50-60w is sufficient for me, i'm currently vaping at around .5-.9 ohms.

I don't need temperature control either.

You are the first one that suggests anything.

I live in Sweden, the market here isn't the best and many devices costs a bit.
The istick 50w costs SEK 549 ($66) and the 100w costs SEK 599 ($72) , the m80 costs SEK 649 ($78).

Many (or all) of the mods you recommended all had room for just one 18650 battery, correct? I suspect that battery life will be to weak for me with a mod that only fits one 18650 battery.

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
Thanks!

My needs:
Since the only thing that bothered me with the istick 30w was battery life im looking for something with similiar specs as the istick 50w that doesn't have button issues, autofires, explodes etc. 4400mah is just perfect.

I believe 50-60w is sufficient for me, i'm currently vaping at around .5-.9 ohms.

I don't need temperature control either.

You are the first one that suggests anything.

I live in Sweden, the market here isn't the best and many devices costs a bit.
The istick 50w costs SEK 549 ($66) and the 100w costs SEK 599 ($72) , the m80 costs SEK 649 ($78).

Many (or all) of the mods you recommended all had room for just one 18650 battery, correct? I suspect that battery life will be to weak for me with a mod that only fits one 18650 battery.
Perhaps a single battery won't do it, I can't judge your needs. What I can say is that in my usage (temp controlled, 380-420 degrees) I am getting a full day of usage out of the D2 (75w) and the SMY (60w). It is easy to swap batteries in the mods, although I haven't had the need to do so during the day. I usually use one battery for the day, and switch them just before bed so that I can charge the other set before I go to sleep (I don't like leaving my battieries in the charger over night). So basically, I get one evening and a full second day of usage before I need to change the batteries. Of course, your mileage may vary!

I wish I had a better idea of what the market was like in Sweden, I might have better suggestions. I don't know how online sales work in Europe, but you could also check out focalecig, I know they have a German warehouse for shipping products. If the postal regulations don't prohibit it, then shipping should be pretty quick to Sweden (I would think).

Good luck in your search!

cogli0ne

Member For 4 Years
Perhaps a single battery won't do it, I can't judge your needs. What I can say is that in my usage (temp controlled, 380-420 degrees) I am getting a full day of usage out of the D2 (75w) and the SMY (60w). It is easy to swap batteries in the mods, although I haven't had the need to do so during the day. I usually use one battery for the day, and switch them just before bed so that I can charge the other set before I go to sleep (I don't like leaving my battieries in the charger over night). So basically, I get one evening and a full second day of usage before I need to change the batteries. Of course, your mileage may vary!

I wish I had a better idea of what the market was like in Sweden, I might have better suggestions. I don't know how online sales work in Europe, but you could also check out focalecig, I know they have a German warehouse for shipping products. If the postal regulations don't prohibit it, then shipping should be pretty quick to Sweden (I would think).

Good luck in your search!

I think a single battery wont cut it, i have to charge the istick 30w when i get home on work days and pretty early in the afternoon on days off, those days i have to charge it twice. The 4400mah battery on the 50w model lasts me about 2 full days.

Swedish laws concerning online sales are pretty much in the favor of the customer, i think there's EU laws about that but they're not 100% the same. But i do prefer to buy hardware from vendors in the same country, makes warranty claims, returns and repairs easier.

Are the istick 100w and the m80 plus really that crappy that they wont cut it as vw mods?

I found another mod here in Sweden that isn't to expensive, the joyetech eVic VT (not mini). I see that the battery is built in but is the mod ok?

Nanfoe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My M80 Plus rocks compared to the Caravela Mod I had with a Dark Hoarse. I'm rockin the mini Twisted Messes on the M80 now with just triple twisted 26 @ .39 on 60 watts. Warm flavor and lovin life.

CAM00086.jpg

VU Sponsors