VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
I think everyone had one friend like this in a life time, I know I did.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I always wonder if vegans file down their teeth to make them more like cows' and horses' teeth. Because looking at normal human dentition is the quickest way to know for sure that humans are MEANT to eat meat.

Andria

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I always wonder if vegans file down their teeth to make them more like cows' and horses' teeth. Because looking at normal human dentition is the quickest way to know for sure that humans are MEANT to eat meat.

Andria
And grains and greens and nuts and plenty of other stuff.We're omnivores not true carnivores.A healthy balance beats a dumb diet every single day.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I like using a blend of pumpkin and sweet potato.You get a better tasting pie and the texture is silkier than a Victoria's Secret shop.

I can't abide sweet potatoes in any way, shape or form; just disgusting tubers that have the NERVE to call themselves potatoes!

My pumpkin pies are awesome. :)

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
And grains and greens and nuts and plenty of other stuff.We're omnivores not true carnivores.A healthy balance beats a dumb diet every single day.

Totally agree. Those who eliminate one entire type of foods from their diet can't possibly be truly healthy, and meats and other animal products are very important in a balanced diet. I can't eat much beef, or egg yolks, thx to my gallstones, but I do eat small quantities of very lean beef, and I enjoy baked goods, which often have whole eggs in them -- the key to a healthy diet is MODERATION. Humans in general don't seem to be very good at that, and Americans are the worst of all.

Andria

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
the key to a healthy diet is MODERATION. Humans in general don't seem to be very good at that, and Americans are the worst of all.
I've always found it odd that people in Italy eat so often.And that they eat quite large meals.Yet they're nowhere near the size of an average american.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I've always found it odd that people in Italy eat so often.And that they eat quite large meals.Yet they're nowhere near the size of an average american.

The mediterranean diet, I suppose... though you'd think if people eat a lot of pasta all the time, they'd be pretty tubby. And middle-aged-and-older italian women do get pretty rotund.

In American, I think it's because 95% of people don't have one farking clue HOW to eat properly... and they have that American thing of "supersizing" everything. :facepalm: Including thenselves! Yet if you try to discuss healthy diet, you get labelled a "granola brain" or "hypochondriac" -- my mom always accused me of that last... yeah, the woman who died 2 yrs ago from complications of diabetes, who refused to modify her diet one iota, or even check her blood glucose, EVER. She was just 75 yrs old... her mother lived to be 95, and her sister is currently 86... but that sister, my aunt Betty, is like me, she cares about eating a healthy diet to PREVENT ill health.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I doubt she'd let her daughters leave the house in outfits that form fitting.

Why would you ever think that? I'd probably buy 'em hot pants and miniskirts, and encourage them to enjoy their sexuality! And not to accept the morality of the small-minded who think sex is BAAAAAAD.

Andria

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The mediterranean diet, I suppose... though you'd think if people eat a lot of pasta all the time, they'd be pretty tubby. And middle-aged-and-older italian women do get pretty rotund.
Depends on what you call middle aged.
Giada De Laurentiis is 48 and about as teeny tiny a little Italian Princess as I've ever seen.
Hot pic of her below.

5FkloFY.jpg

In American, I think it's because 95% of people don't have one farking clue HOW to eat properly... and they have that American thing of "supersizing" everything. Including thenselves! Yet if you try to discuss healthy diet, you get labelled a "granola brain" or "hypochondriac" -- my mom always accused me of that last... yeah, the woman who died 2 yrs ago from complications of diabetes, who refused to modify her diet one iota, or even check her blood glucose, EVER. She was just 75 yrs old... her mother lived to be 95, and her sister is currently 86... but that sister, my aunt Betty, is like me, she cares about eating a healthy diet to PREVENT ill health.
Andria
I try to eat a good balanced diet.But considering (Super Duper Burgers) is only a 12 minute bus ride away...I don't always succeed.Also 4505 Burgers & BBQ is about a 20 minute walk from my place.

Pics of Super Duper Burger + Homemade Pickles & Their fresh from scratch Donuts.Warning these pics will make you drool and cause severe hunger pains.

burger-hero.jpg

pickles.jpg

donuts2.jpg

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can't see it either -- just a gray circle with a dash in the center.

Andria
Yep that's what I see as well.Thought I was loosing the plot a bit.Guess not.
Glad I'm not the only 1 not seeing it...If that makes sense.
Alright I obviously need more coffee...Cheers!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Depends on what you call middle aged.
Giada De Laurentiis is 48 and about as teeny tiny a little Italian Princess as I've ever seen.
Hot pic of her below.

5FkloFY.jpg

I try to eat a good balanced diet.But considering (Super Duper Burgers) is only a 12 minute bus ride away...I don't always succeed.Also 4505 Burgers & BBQ is about a 20 minute walk from my place.

Pics of Super Duper Burger + Homemade Pickles & Their fresh from scratch Donuts.Warning these pics will make you drool and cause severe hunger pains.

burger-hero.jpg

pickles.jpg

donuts2.jpg

Yeah, but *usually*, those with plenty of money and/or some "social presence" or "public presence" do tend to take better care of themselves, because they can afford it, and they have that public image to maintain -- I'm not overweight, but as my 50s have progressed, both my face and body show my age more and more, but if I had buttloads of money, that probably wouldn't be the case -- I've seen women in their 60s and 70s who look younger than I do.

The donuts do look tempting, but I've learned to disregard donuts in general, because to me, they're quite addictive -- I can't eat just one. So 99% of the time, I don't eat any -- because I don't want to weigh 300 lbs. Or even 200! Burgers don't tempt me at all, because I've been unable to eat any but the absolute leanest beef for about 20 yrs -- and they don't generally make burgers out of filet mignon. I've also discovered that even the 93% lean ground beef you find in the grocery is unsuitable for burgers, BECAUSE of the lack of fat -- they turn out hard. If I prep the beef as if I'm making meatloaf (some soaked breadcrumbs, and a drizzle of E.V. olive oil), then they're tasty and not hard at all, but they also don't usually stick together too well. So burgers are pretty much off my diet.

I suppose my experience with abstention as a recovering alkie stands me in good stead with simply avoiding foods that either cause me digestive problems, or are guaranteed to make me fat ASAP. I think most people in America have never asked themselves, "is there any reason I shouldn't eat/drink that?" and even if they did, most of the time, the answer would be "no!" I have a lot of experience with that question at this point, and the answers are something like "yes, because I don't want to die in a pool of vomit from liver failure" and "yes, because I'd like to continue being able to put on my own socks and shoes rather than having a huge belly in the way." I don't feel too bad about indulging in something like pumpkin pie, because the amount of sugar and fat is relatively low, for a dessert, and it's also a high-fiber food, which is an excellent counter to sugars and fats.

Andria

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, but *usually*, those with plenty of money and/or some "social presence" or "public presence" do tend to take better care of themselves, because they can afford it, and they have that public image to maintain -- I'm not overweight, but as my 50s have progressed, both my face and body show my age more and more, but if I had buttloads of money, that probably wouldn't be the case -- I've seen women in their 60s and 70s who look younger than I do.

The donuts do look tempting, but I've learned to disregard donuts in general, because to me, they're quite addictive -- I can't eat just one. So 99% of the time, I don't eat any -- because I don't want to weigh 300 lbs. Or even 200! Burgers don't tempt me at all, because I've been unable to eat any but the absolute leanest beef for about 20 yrs -- and they don't generally make burgers out of filet mignon. I've also discovered that even the 93% lean ground beef you find in the grocery is unsuitable for burgers, BECAUSE of the lack of fat -- they turn out hard. If I prep the beef as if I'm making meatloaf (some soaked breadcrumbs, and a drizzle of E.V. olive oil), then they're tasty and not hard at all, but they also don't usually stick together too well. So burgers are pretty much off my diet.

I suppose my experience with abstention as a recovering alkie stands me in good stead with simply avoiding foods that either cause me digestive problems, or are guaranteed to make me fat ASAP. I think most people in America have never asked themselves, "is there any reason I shouldn't eat/drink that?" and even if they did, most of the time, the answer would be "no!" I have a lot of experience with that question at this point, and the answers are something like "yes, because I don't want to die in a pool of vomit from liver failure" and "yes, because I'd like to continue being able to put on my own socks and shoes rather than having a huge belly in the way." I don't feel too bad about indulging in something like pumpkin pie, because the amount of sugar and fat is relatively low, for a dessert, and it's also a high-fiber food, which is an excellent counter to sugars and fats.

Andria
Not everybody who looks younger than they are has had surgery/work done.At 60+ years old I still get carded whenever I go to a new bar.Not that it matters that I look young.Because I'm still an ugly fucker.

Yeah it's that same old pic I always use but every time I've tried to take a selfie my smart-phone starts crying.

BW8aD_TCcAA8qhZ.jpg:large

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Not everybody who looks younger than they are has had surgery/work done.At 60+ years old I still get carded whenever I go to a new bar.Not that it matters that I look young.Because I'm still an ugly fucker.

Yeah it's that same old pic I always use but every time I've tried to take a selfie my smart-phone starts crying.

BW8aD_TCcAA8qhZ.jpg:large

I'm afraid a selfie would just break mine. :D

Andria

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership