Become a Patron!

So who took the jump to Windows 10???

joey55

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm just curious, since Microsoft is offering Windows 10 as a free upgrade for a limited time from Windows 8.1 and 7, if anyone here took that jump, I did and love it, while I didn't notice too much performance difference on my desktop, my laptop seems to be running a little faster than it was on Win 7.
I did, jumped from Win 8.1 and it is better. I dont need to drag those stupid charms out of screen to shut down. It also hand screen changes better. IMHO

Doots

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is anyone using Win10 seeing daily bug fixes in the form of updates to W10? With So many peeps problems just curious..

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Is anyone using Win10 seeing daily bug fixes in the form of updates to W10? With So many peeps problems just curious..
I just had daily bugs. And throughout the day bugs. My experience turned out to be a mess. Made me sad.

VaporJoe

_ the end has arrived _
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
6 computers running it.. it rocks.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just installed for the second time on my laptop (since the first was a "flashing" failure) and the first on my husband's, and they both succeeded this time, except for one thing - scrolling on the touch pad isn't working on either of them. Any ideas? Nothing in the mouse settings fixes this and I miss my auto scroll.....:mad:

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Just installed for the second time on my laptop (since the first was a "flashing" failure) and the first on my husband's, and they both succeeded this time, except for one thing - scrolling on the touch pad isn't working on either of them. Any ideas? Nothing in the mouse settings fixes this and I miss my auto scroll.....:mad:
I had to re-install the driver on one a long time ago. It wasn't a Windows 10 issue, I can't recall what it was exactly, but it fixed the issue.

Vaping_Vixen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sounds like a driver issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sounds like a driver issue

On two different computers? I did go in and update drivers, then rolled them back, etc....very irksome. I did read that it's a common complaint, just didn't see anyone here that had mentioned it.

Vaping_Vixen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
On two different computers? I did go in and update drivers, then rolled them back, etc....very irksome. I did read that it's a common complaint, just didn't see anyone here that had mentioned it.
A lot of different manufacturers use the same hardware, Synaptics seems to own the market on touch pads on laptops for example,

One annoying issue I seem to have run into wi with me Logitech G510 Keyboard. The Volume controller causes the display to flash ... hope that gets fixed soon ....

DripDripptyDrip

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I can't even upgrade from windows 8 to windows 8.1
Keeps giving me a stupid general error, tried to look it up and couldn't find anything.

:( Thinking about backing up everything on this 1TB hard drive and doing a factory reset.

Vaping_Vixen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I can't even upgrade from windows 8 to windows 8.1
Keeps giving me a stupid general error, tried to look it up and couldn't find anything.

:( Thinking about backing up everything on this 1TB hard drive and doing a factory reset.

Before you go through that, I highly recommend you try running a program called Advanced Systemcare. It may be able to fix the problem you are experiencing.

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Before you go through that, I highly recommend you try running a program called Advanced Systemcare. It may be able to fix the problem you are experiencing.

Advanced system care is very good but I did have to delete it back when I loaded 10 because it was not ready for 10 at the time. Maybe to will be ready for 10 now. I figured I would give it some time.

Vaping_Vixen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Advanced system care is very good but I did have to delete it back when I loaded 10 because it was not ready for 10 at the time. Maybe to will be ready for 10 now. I figured I would give it some time.
I run it and have no problems with ith so, I don't know

DripDripptyDrip

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

I tried that, to no avail. Finally got the courage to spend a day transferring everything important to a hard drive, did a clean install!

and it updated perfectly.

I'm not going to go to 10 now though LOL, most of my games won't work properly on it, and i'm scared some good games are going to come out and windows 10 won't be compatible.

dannycarlisle18

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Windows 10 isn't ready yet IMO. Wait a year for the bugs/fixes/issues to be resolved. Let people update SaaS and games to the 10 platform, then switch.

I have heard really really really good things from some people though - specifically that Windows 10 is what Windows 8 should have been. :rolleyes:

DripDripptyDrip

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Windows 10 isn't ready yet IMO. Wait a year for the bugs/fixes/issues to be resolved. Let people update SaaS and games to the 10 platform, then switch.

I have heard really really really good things from some people though - specifically that Windows 10 is what Windows 8 should have been. :rolleyes:

That's what i've been hearing too, but the gaming is so much more important to me then a coo search feature. I think i will definitely hold off.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm waiting. Until I know MOST of the bugs are worked out, I'm not going back. Had too many issues, but I'm hopeful.

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Once again I had to remove Advanced System care it just caused sluggish operation. It worked good with 8 but not 10. As soon as I deleted it 10 worked perfect.

Lost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I refuse to upgrade until later, when additional bugs go away. BUT... my 78-year-old dad upgraded to 10, and instead of the old-man grumbling I was expecting, he said he loves it. None of the typical Microsoft ranting, conspiracy theory puffery... nothing. Maybe I caught him on a good day.

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I refuse to upgrade until later, when additional bugs go away. BUT... my 78-year-old dad upgraded to 10, and instead of the old-man grumbling I was expecting, he said he loves it. None of the typical Microsoft ranting, conspiracy theory puffery... nothing. Maybe I caught him on a good day.
There are a few small bugs and I don't care about the privacy issues. I did not like 8.1 at all so I can say it is somewhat better. Now I loved windows 7 but this computer came with 8.1 so I would have to find an operating system down load or cd to work with this newer computer to get 7.

VU Sponsors