The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm guessing probably not
Yeah same here.
So none needed here.
I have over 20 Kanger bottles and about the same number of CV bottles.
Only 1 Kanger bottle went bad so far. Developed some hairline cracks that seeped.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I saw his post earlier, didn't see @The.Drifter 's offer! If you really are selling the Therion BF, please let me know!

I'll up the ante, I'll add a couple of pairs of Tricro coils to the deal:teehee:

The.Drifter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I saw his post earlier, didn't see @The.Drifter 's offer! If you really are selling the Therion BF, please let me know!

I'll up the ante, I'll add a couple of pairs of Tricro coils to the deal:teehee:

I was just joking around with VT, have to start somewhere right :teehee:

Seriously tho, I might consider getting rid of it (Nuppin and cap is WAAAAY extra tho) PM me a offer..... :D

tmaxxking2

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Show Host
I really like the Therion 75 Watch and Wrecker ended up ordering one after seeing mine

it's very solid the coating on the aluminum is just starting to show signs of use I have been using it all day every day for at least 3 months

it doesn't feel cheap like the vt75

tmaxxking2

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Show Host
For the price it's a pretty decent mod it just feels cheap compared to the therion

The therion is just about as solid as the old M Class it feels beefy

Taking out the bottle to change the battery isnt really an issue I kill 3/4 of a bottle before the battery needs to be changed just swap it out and top off the bottle at the same time

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I really like the Therion 75 Watch and Wrecker ended up ordering one after seeing mine

it's very solid the coating on the aluminum is just starting to show signs of use I have been using it all day every day for at least 3 months

it doesn't feel cheap like the vt75
What is this Watch and Wrecker you're talking about? Please enlighten me!

all_thumbs

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Here are those pictures of the Nyx RDA. I changed it to dual coil right after this.

Attachments

• IMG_20170628_001023.jpg
    615.8 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_20170628_001209.jpg
    647.2 KB · Views: 31

all_thumbs

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have the VT inbox and it's great for what it is. My first squonker. Now I want to get a second one.. looking to get a DPM Li-Mo this time around.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Great mod. That's what I have in the pics I just posted. Want to spend the extra money on one of their stab wood mods some day.

minimalsaint

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Here are those pictures of the Nyx RDA. I changed it to dual coil right after this.

So what do you think?
I like the SCR, need to start hunting for one for the Typhon, I missed that boat by a day or so when they were for sale.
That nyx airflow looks like my nightmare, top airflow has me spoiled to the point of not really caring if my device is knocked over or copping a wicked lean in the cup holder.

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Received my Steam Crave Squonk mod yesterday. Liking it so far. This is my first regulated squonk mod, but not my first squonker. I like the form, and the door is firm and easy to use. Buttons have a little rattle, but are clicky and work well. Loaded it up with AFC Cyclone and ss316l. For the price, I think this is a great starter mod for those wanting to try bottom feed.
4c4d96472551bec25a19c64b5c5613b3.jpg
@VapinVegas01

Do you still use it? I'm just getting into squonking and I saw this. Very affordable for a beginner squonker.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Easy answer!

Toaster Designs v2 w/Baby Goon
Toaster Designs 26650 w/Druga
Prism squonk w/Skywalker rda

549bcca9769aecec75253358643a3f5d.jpg
d2ba88e09ad3c8231be810b10e0d1bd7.jpg
ea0e9a2e1556bfe1b14c23e453f8d8f9.jpg

Got another Toaster v2 on the way also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sorry drudge up this post from February, but I'm looking at building my first mech squonker and I'm having a hard time finding information.

I see you have the V2 but I've been looking at the SS model. Can you comment on the differences? And where in earth did you get the stab wood door and button? Those are gorgeous!

SirVtHondaGuy08

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow my fasttech order already says shipped and they show a pic of the package, props for that lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tmaxxking2

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Show Host
Wow my fasttech order already says shipped and they show a pic of the package, props for that lol

If the item your looking says its ready to ship they are pretty quick with getting it out the door
if you order 10 things at one time and a few are not in stock or late getting back in stock they will split the order up
FT seems to have gotten better over the years

inswva

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I ordered some silicone washers to use under the caps of my SS bottles... fastest Fasttech delivery ever. The order was like $2.00, lol.

95TNRpG.png

Wicked Gene

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry drudge up this post from February, but I'm looking at building my first mech squonker and I'm having a hard time finding information.

I see you have the V2 but I've been looking at the SS model. Can you comment on the differences? And where in earth did you get the stab wood door and button? Those are gorgeous!

I have 2 V2 and a 26650 model. The ss version Mark McManus designed for using the super soft bottles. It has a little more room inside to fit the larger bottle. The V2 uses the little square bottles. He also has a 20700 version available too.
I am a big fan of the Toasters. Great design, quality prints. These are my goto squonks without a doubt. He has a FB page if you have any questions. Just search for Toaster Designs.

Mark Morris did the stab wood door and button and he's on FB too. Both are great guys and are very helpful with any questions.
You can find a link to Mark Morris mod group on the Toaster Design page.

Just shoot me a pm if ya have any more questions.

TrollDragon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The Lost Vape Drone is in the house, all tuned up with my default DNA configs and graphics. What a nice beefy mod, it has some real heft to it.

I have been squonking the Peerless with much enjoyment, it's great to be able to turn up the power. I don't find the stock bottles all that bad, a little stiff but still usable. I have some YFTK silicone versions inbound from 3F to try out.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
To all the modders out there:
I found a place to get 3D printed, well thought out enclosures on FB. The group is called T3 mods. There's a Google doc on the page where you can order a custom enclosure, which includes a notch to hold in your contacts and a "blocker" that essentially locks your mod and prevents it from firing. $50 for the box, door, button, and blocker. Not sure what he charges for shipping.

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Some of these new atties, if they look really well designed to match my vape-style, I'll go for it.
That's how I got a Hadaly before they even got cloned...and the Origen-16, too.

But when I think the design is "iffy" or they're crazy priced, I'll buy a clone.

Just got an Armor clone...first build was EXACTLY what I aimed for (below), trying it with a single and the little blocker thingy in place. And I have to say....the level of "SUCK" was truly surprising. I mean, I can't say anything good*. Lame flavor. Nonsensical air turbulence. Weird noise draw (not a whoosh or a whistle, but sucky). Insufficient air for the build (I was at 0.3).

I'll give it one more shot, closer to 0.5 and with duals. But it was such a total "NO" that I had to just set it aside and re-wick a Gorge. That Gorge is still a treat, and might get another one. That or a Mulciber, but despite everyone's super reviews of the Mulciber, I'm worried - just cuz it's a pyramid with horizontal slots like this pos Armor...

*OK, so I can say SOMETHING good: The posts don't touch and the bf pin went it and holds them rock solid, so no fear of dead short, which was something the design makes you wonder about.

ontargetbuild.jpg

Wicked Gene

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Some of these new atties, if they look really well designed to match my vape-style, I'll go for it.
That's how I got a Hadaly before they even got cloned...and the Origen-16, too.

But when I think the design is "iffy" or they're crazy priced, I'll buy a clone.

Just got an Armor clone...first build was EXACTLY what I aimed for (below), trying it with a single and the little blocker thingy in place. And I have to say....the level of "SUCK" was truly surprising. I mean, I can't say anything good*. Lame flavor. Nonsensical air turbulence. Weird noise draw (not a whoosh or a whistle, but sucky). Insufficient air for the build (I was at 0.3).

I'll give it one more shot, closer to 0.5 and with duals. But it was such a total "NO" that I had to just set it aside and re-wick a Gorge. That Gorge is still a treat, and might get another one. That or a Mulciber, but despite everyone's super reviews of the Mulciber, I'm worried - just cuz it's a pyramid with horizontal slots like this pos Armor...

*OK, so I can say SOMETHING good: The posts don't touch and the bf pin went it and holds them rock solid, so no fear of dead short, which was something the design makes you wonder about.

View attachment 85467

Not really sure what you mean by (level of suck) Does that mean to tight a draw or to much air? I have one of these on the way, was hoping for something good. I'm defiantly a DL vaper, but I can handle a restrictive lung hit as long as the vapor and flavor are there.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Lost Vape Drone is in the house, all tuned up with my default DNA configs and graphics. What a nice beefy mod, it has some real heft to it.

I have been squonking the Peerless with much enjoyment, it's great to be able to turn up the power. I don't find the stock bottles all that bad, a little stiff but still usable. I have some YFTK silicone versions inbound from 3F to try out.
I'd be interested to know if the YFTK bottles fit, some comments in the FT forums were saying they don't.

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
LOL, what I meant was "it sucks". Meaning "I really really don't like it".
That particular phrase wasn't about airflow, but an overall rating.
:giggle:

Not really sure what you mean by (level of suck) Does that mean to tight a draw or to much air? I have one of these on the way, was hoping for something good. I'm defiantly a DL vaper, but I can handle a restrictive lung hit as long as the vapor and flavor are there.

Wicked Gene

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
LOL, what I meant was "it sucks". Meaning "I really really don't like it".
That particular phrase wasn't about airflow, but an overall rating.
:giggle:

Well, that's not encouraging at all.
Glad I didn't spend too much and bought the clone.

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got my mm bottles from Vapology. They of course work fine in the drone as others have said. Ordered Saturday got them today very nice after ordering last few times from Gearbest lol. Ordered 3 got 2 complete sets and 3rd bag had 2 bottles 2 caps 2 washers but no tube not sure if that'd be a bonus or not lol. Emailed them see what they do.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Khanninnarh

Member For 3 Years

94c08ac87b8a47ac5b058728f0aea6f6.jpg

You are going to enjoy the Drone so much more! They are so easy to squeeze. And they do fit like a charm.

all_thumbs

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So what do you think?
I like the SCR, need to start hunting for one for the Typhon, I missed that boat by a day or so when they were for sale.
That nyx airflow looks like my nightmare, top airflow has me spoiled to the point of not really caring if my device is knocked over or copping a wicked lean in the cup holder.

Like Train's Armor clone review, the Nyx wasn't great in single coil configuration. It is much better as a dual coil for me so far. As far as the airflow is concerned the SCR "does fuck all" as inswva said about the Armor one. The SCR doesn't even block the hole, only reduces chamber size. As a dual it rates with the Drifter. The top of the cap rotates to turn the top air on or off. I like it off but dual air was much much smoother than the dual air in the Gaia RDTA. Even though the squonk hole is above the deck I have only over squonked once, right after my first build, and that was with a super squishy YTFK bottle.

I used the fancy coils they packed with it. They are HOT! At .3ohm I get a warm vape at 3.8volts. They worked great on a mech. I will be trying a 26g kanthal build after this, single and then dual to see if it's significantly different.

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got my mm bottles from Vapology. They of course work fine in the drone as others have said. Ordered Saturday got them today very nice after ordering last few times from Gearbest lol. Ordered 3 got 2 complete sets and 3rd bag had 2 bottles 2 caps 2 washers but no tube not sure if that'd be a bonus or not lol. Emailed them see what they do.

They are sending the other bottle good to deal with.

kittyn

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Anyone ordered from vaporl. They have pulse for 17 bucks. Are they in China.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

Yes, I have, yes, they are, and thats all I've got so far. My order just hit Los Angeles today (6 days in, I think, so not bad?).

Couldn't pass up the Pulse for $17, and the husband couldn't pass up the purple Icon for $18 lol

VU Sponsors