Squonkers are Bonkers

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
So long, my interesting and amusing friends. I'm quitting nicotine and signing off. You all are genuine and authentic and there is no higher praise in my world. Very best to you all.

kc

You've transcended us Earthly mortals with our addictions and left to take residence in the plains of enlightenment. May your travels in the promised land of non-nicotine addiction be blessed and fruitful.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Please remember, Nuppin vs. Chalice IV !

Please bear with me....

She's soaking in dish water and I have a few chores to catch up on before coiling can commence, lol

This thing actually came yesterday, but it was delivered to my office and I was working from home yesterday - so I've been patient as all get out :)

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Please bare with me....

She's soaking in dish water and I have a few chores to catch up on before coiling can commence, lol

This thing actually came yesterday, but it was delivered to my office and I was working from home yesterday - so I've been patient as all get out :)

Bare with you? I hardly know you!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
First impression of the Chalice IV - "I need to get another one of these :cloud:"

Loud - as Ross noted - and the chamber gets hot as hell FAST - two big downers for such an expensive topper

However, the flavor is outrageous with a nice MTL draw - what I was hoping for with the Charm

Having only a few squonks so far, it certainly delivers the flavor, even with the longish DT, which you probably need with the screaming hot chamber

Even with the chamber wide open the flavor is intense - not as intense with it choked down some, but very, very flavorful even with all that air and lots of room in the chamber compared to other 16mm and under atties making the rounds these days

When choked down to what Cromwell would call "butthole tight" it does not put out the vapor very well

Not a fast drainer like the Nuppin - but it does go back down, even with the squonk hole in the deck covered in cotton

Running a simple single coil, twisted fused clapton 32/3, 5 wraps, 2.5 diameter with Native Wicks Platinum

Hoping to be able to knock that whistle out somehow without mangling this thing :giggle:

So far, am liking it big time

Will need to put it through the paces for a week or two before deciding if it's worth investing in more for the old stashola

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Cool vapemail today, I mentioned before that my Minimal came with a different door than I expected and that Jo the modder was going to send me another... and he did! Even cooler, he sent two designs ; ) Now that's some awesome stuff. I'm excited to do a little paintfill matchy matchy this weekend. And now I need some new buttons too, this rabbit hole is relentless!
This is a super little alumide mod, really burly and tiny and great feel in hand.

IMG_2456.JPG

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Heads up @So619Cal & any of you Mölly peeps, Jose the guy who does the Tiny Little F#ckr custom doors just started making doors for the Mölly too.. 'JiL Squonk P#rn Accessories' on bookbook.

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ceto RDA by Cthulhu on the CoV Wraith. Wow!
e441077001cd374e6f9a3a488660a8b5.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

TrollDragon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Varitube bottom feed 510's arrived today along with the 30mm smooth top regulars, I like the look of these much better than FDV's.

Quick question for those that have used the Varitube bottom feeders. I looks like the self adjusting option might leak down past the peek insulator. There is a tiny o-ring just under the 510 pin top and some larger unknown o-rings included in the baggie with the manual adjustment insulator. I assume those are for it?

Do you just push the soft bottle tubing on over the threads, any leaking there?

minimalsaint

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Varitube bottom feed 510's arrived today along with the 30mm smooth top regulars, I like the look of these much better than FDV's.

Quick question for those that have used the Varitube bottom feeders. I looks like the self adjusting option might leak down past the peek insulator. There is a tiny o-ring just under the 510 pin top and some larger unknown o-rings included in the baggie with the manual adjustment insulator. I assume those are for it?

Do you just push the soft bottle tubing on over the threads, any leaking there?

The tiny o-ring under the 510 pin head is the seal for the self-adjusting core. The larger o-rings can be used under the head for the manual-adjusting core.
It's been my experience that the self-adjusting setup is less prone to leakage (read: seepage) than the manual. It just always seems to find its way down the threads.
As for bottle tubing, I've always cut the pin down and filed a chamfer around the outside edge to help the tubing slide over the end. Cutting would depend on your application, but filing the edge is a good idea anyways to save tubing. No leakage to speak of otherwise though.

TrollDragon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The tiny o-ring under the 510 pin head is the seal for the self-adjusting core. The larger o-rings can be used under the head for the manual-adjusting core.
It's been my experience that the self-adjusting setup is less prone to leakage (read: seepage) than the manual. It just always seems to find its way down the threads.
As for bottle tubing, I've always cut the pin down and filed a chamfer around the outside edge to help the tubing slide over the end. Cutting would depend on your application, but filing the edge is a good idea anyways to save tubing. No leakage to speak of otherwise though.
Thanks for the info on the o-rings and seeping. I was pondering putting the 510 pin in the drill chuck and filing the lower threads down a bit which might be overkill. Either way, I will put a chamfer on the edge.

Cheers!
:cheers:

315jessie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Can someone link me to somewhere to buy a nice squonker that's not gonna make me go bankrupt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Can someone link me to somewhere to buy a nice squonker that's not gonna make me go bankrupt

Saw you were already trying to sell your VT75

So what features make a squonker nice and what price point means bankruptcy?

315jessie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like the vt75 .... I just don't like the squonk hole ... it's too small and the door gets stuck to my thumb

I really really like the wraith that I just got

I'm looking for a mech squonker for around 115 with shipping

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Buy and enclosure from T3 Mods on FB (look for Built Not Bought list), a 6x6 copper sheet from Amazon, a Mod Maker 510 and bottle from Brosciencevapes.com, and a Mod Maker.

Should cost about $85. Savings of about $60 or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I have 2 and plan on getting another 2.

the brass one is a heavy sucker.
the aluminum ones are lighter than a small 2 battery mod.
I like the silver ones, no paint to chip and scratch and pretty indestructible.

The aluminums are probably best (have two of them), the black one I have looks horrible from chipping

But I like the brass ones a lot (also have two, lol) despite the heft, you really feel like you have something :cool:

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So I changed out the 510 on my Mölly to a MM510...3.62v to 3.72v

Was getting tired of having to adjust that pin...

88f22037bee8864b60b7b184e57f34a5.jpg

Still need to go through and clean up and rebend the actuator bend part...throw is a tad longer than I care for... All for 5w

Zaxxaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There's a shift bf and boxer squonker listed at the other place!Lot of Reo's still listed also.

VU Sponsors