Member For 4 Years
b3a7162a77d0e4985f08716c709f89df.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

minimalsaint

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Many times it is not what you say, but how you say it. Standing up for a friend is great, coming across like :if you buy a clone you're not worthy of the authentic. ....well, frankly, that is offensive.

So is snapping back whilst shooting from the hip based on your perception of my implied tone.
But your mind is made up.

Wicked Gene

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When it comes to Rda's, I will buy a clone from the start just because rda's are just so subjective as to whether or not I like them and If they will give me the vape I like. Mods a a whole different beast. I completely understand you supporting your friend. That's what true friends do. But to ask someone to leave the group is kinda elitest. Some can't afford the authentic. Anyway there's another 2¢ worth. One more penny and I'll have a nickle in this debate...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah the saltiness got real after my Squonk America GB post LOL...

Safe to say I killed that GB of theirs, SORRY! not Sorry *facepalm*

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Yeah I have a strict rule when it comes to attys...they can't cost more than my mods

Going to have to wait for the stainless version...didn't even have to google the 120€ conversion since that is the price of the Mölly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bet I could get a fantastic vape off this on something as cheap as the Frankenclone - but a real Frankie would not improve the performance of a shitty atomizer one iota :)

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Bet I could get a fantastic vape off this on something as cheap as the Frankenclone - but a real Frankie would not improve the performance of a shitty atomizer one iota :)

Tell me your atty costed 129.52? that is what I saw when I went to check out?

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I ask cause I guess I caused a small shit storm on a FB group about the price they are selling it at... They see the 120 price via their phone, and I see 100 on my desktop... and the normal nonsensical replies followed...

I get this when in Pp check out...

upload_2017-9-15_9-34-51.png

But that is based upon me seeing this price via computer...

upload_2017-9-15_9-35-55.png

Where as I see this via phone...

upload_2017-9-15_9-36-38.png

Which price point did you get it at?

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
The PayPal exchange rate at the time of purchase was $119 plus shipping

EDIT: So I saved $10 by getting up int he middle of the night to buy - just in case they sold out by this morning :facepalm:

Zaxxaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@minimalsaint I apologize if I offended you by posting about the clone.It was not my intention to offend anyone.The clone versus authentic debate is as old as vaping it's self,and will never end.No matter how anyone feels about it,China won't stop making clones.And they clone everything,not just vaping stuff.I'm not in the Haku group,since it is an atty that I can't really afford,or have any interest in.I have no problem with how modders sell there product,or what they charge,as I can choose whether I wish to buy there product or not.I consider you my friend,and hope our friendship is not affected,but understand if you feel otherwise.

jazzman

"I'm Old, Fat and Ugly with a crappy attitude!
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
China will clone anything and everything. It was just a matter of time.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Not the original Chalice but a dead on 1:1 clone of the Chalice IV from every review I've read/seen.

https://www.fasttech.com/products/8286800

Yeah, I looked at that... but I dunno; the airflow looks pretty wide open to me... and TOP airflow? I just can't get excited about that; where the hell do you get the flavor from? There's just no way in hell that a top airflow passes air directly over the coil on the way to the mouth. Even side airflow makes the flavor much too diffuse, just too much air flying everywhere except where it really needs to go.

I do not believe Andria would like the Chalice IV - even with the airflow choked down it is not a super tight draw, just a very restricted one

Now the Chalice III is a real possibility, but hard to get a hold of and the "clones" looked like the OG, but did not perform like one

jazzman

"I'm Old, Fat and Ugly with a crappy attitude!
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just like the Vandy Vape Pulse BF. 3Fvape has it on pre order.

minimalsaint

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
When it comes to Rda's, I will buy a clone from the start just because rda's are just so subjective as to whether or not I like them and If they will give me the vape I like. Mods a a whole different beast. I completely understand you supporting your friend. That's what true friends do. But to ask someone to leave the group is kinda elitest. Some can't afford the authentic. Anyway there's another 2¢ worth. One more penny and I'll have a nickle in this debate...
emoji38.png

I've never shunned anyone for buying a clone and I also never stated that people who buy a clone Haku are lesser, so the elitist label I've picked up over the past couple of pages seems to be a bit hasty, but so be it. I'll be an elitist if that's what the consensus is.
I simply asked those who would be buying the clone to exit the group (i even said please) simply for the fact that your spot could easily be occupied by someone who doesn't have any issue with waiting for the original if need be.
Now, a question:
Which is worse, elitism or entitlement?

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I do not believe Andria would like the Chalice IV - even with the airflow choked down it is not a super tight draw, just a very restricted one

Now the Chalice III is a real possibility, but hard to get a hold of and the "clones" looked like the OG, but did not perform like one

Well, that's good to know! Super-tight really is the best way to describe what I need; the original Lemo, when closed all the way, is slightly airier than I prefer, but tolerable, much of the time -- until I get frustrated with it because of being airy, and grab my Achilles. :D

Really, the draw from a carto is an excellent likeness of what I'm looking for, because it's the most like a cigarette's draw. And THAT is what I want -- I smoked for 39 yrs, but I never huffed anything at all, and have no plans to start.

Andria

minimalsaint

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@minimalsaint I apologize if I offended you by posting about the clone.It was not my intention to offend anyone.The clone versus authentic debate is as old as vaping it's self,and will never end.No matter how anyone feels about it,China won't stop making clones.And they clone everything,not just vaping stuff.I'm not in the Haku group,since it is an atty that I can't really afford,or have any interest in.I have no problem with how modders sell there product,or what they charge,as I can choose whether I wish to buy there product or not.I consider you my friend,and hope our friendship is not affected,but understand if you feel otherwise.

Nobody needs to apologize to me, it's going to happen with anything that's not available and I accept that.
I don't consider anyone in here less of a friend because of this or any clone for that matter, although clearly some others have made up their mind about the "new elitist me" and that's just fine. my world keeps turning.

minimalsaint

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Now who wants to post some detailed pics of a studiovap mod, I want to get them over to china asap because people need to have a cheaper option to try them first and don't want to wait.
Maybe they will clone Sonar's work too if anyone cares to post those pics. Lots of folks can't afford the $75 he charges for those beauties.

Wicked Gene

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've never shunned anyone for buying a clone and I also never stated that people who buy a clone Haku are lesser, so the elitist label I've picked up over the past couple of pages seems to be a bit hasty, but so be it. I'll be an elitist if that's what the consensus is.
I simply asked those who would be buying the clone to exit the group (i even said please) simply for the fact that your spot could easily be occupied by someone who doesn't have any issue with waiting for the original if need be.
Now, a question:
Which is worse, elitism or entitlement?

They are kinda the same like Crommie said, and I'm not fond of either. I'm not even a member of the group and don't plan to be. So I'm not taking up anyone spot. I like what I like and spend my money on what I like, clone or authentic. You did say please and like I said before, I understand you defending your friend. But you must also remember, when you post on a public forum , be prepared for disagreement and opposing replies. I wish your friend all the best and hope he does well. I may pick up one of the clones and try it, and I may not. It's not on my radar at the moment. There's my final pennies worth in my nickle debate.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Gosh, you're right.
Looks like it's time for me to go then.

I didn't take the request you made in anyway... only time I take shit personal is when someone says it directly to me... example...

"Don, you're a fucking ass hole!" Which I honestly get a lot... for I do point out the stupid that people do often...and even laugh when I catch my own ass do it lol Only if you could hear that conversation in my head when that happens HAHAHA!

I joined the Haku group for I'd like to nab one...but unfortunately I wont be able to put my name into the list this go around...

Sort of bought the Flave 22 accidentally...truly.

Was already logged into PP for a different purchase, went to ATV after Juicy mentioned the conversion difference to see if it was still 129...then all of a sudden, boom...Thx for your order! Huh WHAT!....So I did the, "Okie Dokie then, works for me" face, and now I can ooh and ahh for another 2+ weeks at those with Hakus lol

SpectoVia

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU SWAT
MS.....You belong here......
The Red Sox have their Yankees
Every Road Runner has their Coyote
Every "Time" has his "The Cromwell"
I have Alabama football.....Go Vols!!!

I usually abhor cliches, but.....

Our diversity of thought is our greatest strength.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Human beings are just GOING TO sometimes strike sparks off each other... no help for it. When someone bugs the HELL out of me, I /ignore them, and I hope they do the same to me, to avoid these little dramas. Just because someone says something irritating, doesn't make them right OR wrong, it makes them human. Best thing is to just go on past it... and if someone is constantly irritating... /ignore them! :)

Andria

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That would suck for the forum and hope you stick around

I for one highly value your opinions and skills
I've lingered for a long time and I keep up with the members who definitely know more about vaping that I do. Always something new to learn. As Lucy said you're opinions are definitely valued.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Now who wants to post some detailed pics of a studiovap mod, I want to get them over to china asap because people need to have a cheaper option to try them first and don't want to wait.
Maybe they will clone Sonar's work too if anyone cares to post those pics. Lots of folks can't afford the $75 he charges for those beauties.
I like sonars mods and they are well worth the money... If I just had it ;)
I am not big on 3D printed mods but like the milled out ones like you have.
But even if I was flush with money I cannot see paying several hundred for a mod.
About $150 is the most I could ever see myself paying for a mod if I could afford that.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Human beings are just GOING TO sometimes strike sparks off each other... no help for it. When someone bugs the HELL out of me, I /ignore them, and I hope they do the same to me, to avoid these little dramas. Just because someone says something irritating, doesn't make them right OR wrong, it makes them human. Best thing is to just go on past it... and if someone is constantly irritating... /ignore them! :)

Andria
No one gets along all the time.
I know I have ticked of Andria a time or two. My blunt spoken ways I suppose.
But we get along and enjoy each others company... Well most all the time anyway.

btw Andria, Your package will go out Monday and I threw a few more things in there that you or your son may like.
Had too much stuff going on the last couple of days to get it prepped.

VU Sponsors