Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep I've drooled over those pages a few times lol. My go to bf atty is a zenith 2.5 clone that I got for about $12 off ebay wouldn't mind trying the authentic but not for that price

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
yeah those attys cost more than I am willing to pay for a mod.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Coppervape Issue
I like it alot but 1/3 of the time I have to jiggle the top or remove and put back to make a battery connection (tried many)
Thanks

May want to look for Ox-Gard, NO-OX-ID or any good electrical contact lubricant and apply it upon the firing arm, firing screw. I use Ox-Gard on mine and don't seem to have any issues. The lubricant helps ensure a GTJ (good tight joint) as well as having bits of zinc to aid in conductivity, blocks corrosion/oxidation. Someone had suggested this also with the Reos, I carried it over to the Coppervape. Apply a fresh coat of the lubricant every so often as simple routine maintenance.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That, and I'm a "button masher" so used to frequently snap the weak positive contacts.
Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Kind of silly that wielded as a disparaging remark. The device was created to be used. How else does one use it except for mashing the button? :) The world/s never cease in amazing me with its/their capacity for rampant absurdity. Luckily as an existentialist surrealism and absurdity can absurdly make sense at times, for me. ;) :)

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
World/s...lol

Like your signature but consider some days you might be the wind carrying the bug. :) You possibly could be a toaster oven in the little pink house by the road driven on by the car with the windshield. I could be the butterfly dreaming he is the man, or the man dreaming he's the butterfly, too. :)

Yep worlds. You and your family, friends all in your area and sphere of living create your world. I got a world too in a similar way. There might be a few different views through the slat in the fence looking at the elephant making each of our worlds a touch different too. Having different worlds is a good thing. It helps us all see the elephant of reality, the shared world all our worlds reside in. :)

BreSha6869

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Like your signature but consider some days you might be the wind carrying the bug. :) You possibly could be a toaster oven in the little pink house by the road driven on by the car with the windshield. I could be the butterfly dreaming he is the man, or the man dreaming he's the butterfly, too. :)

Yep worlds. You and your family, friends all in your area and sphere of living create your world. I got a world too in a similar way. There might be a few different views through the slat in the fence looking at the elephant making each of our worlds a touch different too. Having different worlds is a good thing. It helps us all see the elephant of reality, the shared world all our worlds reside in. :)
Damn. I was going to post almost the exact same reply! ;)

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ahh the rip Tripper Revelation!
per the Tripper all attys that are bottom fed will spit.

so no complaints folks it is just a fact o_O

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The same fact that vaping will dry out your knuckles???
I have just accepted living with dry popcorn knuckles.

Ohh Lucy got an order signed by a judge putting SIL in mental institution for 60 days.
And upon exiting there she will likely be a Ward of the State. And NOT living next door to me.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Anyone with a black or blue halcyon wanna trade for a white and carbon fiber sva dna40

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Tamer El-Meehy

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sent my CAM-M for an upgrade and got another one to keep it company on its way back to Egypt. And then I came across this bottom-fed Le Zephyr clone in the classies, so I grabbed it! And to top it all Pete will be finishing my Pinch this week. Not to mention that I grabbed 8 RTAs from the classies for the wife (she still uses Kayfuns and Roses and I found some clones and an authentic Russian that are dirt cheap). So I'm having one heckuva vape mail package coming up. ....and no..I'm perfectly sane and I don't need professional help. ..or so I think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For anyone having trouble with their Coppervape not firing all the time.

It is likely the connection between the switch screw and the copper strap.
I had one that I thought was the top not making good connection and just tightened the switch screw 1/8 turn and no more problems.
Be careful though too tight can break the plastic? button.
The pressure on the connection is maintained by a small oring under the copper strap.
A bit of noox between the screw head and the copper strap would prolly be a good thing for long term maintenance as well.

I recommend getting a repair kit or two from Fasttech while they are still available.

1rudedog

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
if your headlight is white/foggy.. this winter take it off and into the house. put a bucket of soapy water under it,, turn on the tv. get yourself some 600,,, all the way up to 2500-3000 grit sandpaper, slowly work your way up from 600 grit to your highest paper, when you get the light perfect get it completely dry,,, take it outside and use high gloss clear coat in a spray can,,,,,make sure its the UV protected one........major dif in light output and looks.

cheer up,,, better things in store for you :)

thanks for the info,i had already took it apart and was able to clean it with some warm soapy water and #4 steel wool stuff.idk if i bulb blew in there sometime b4 i had bought the bike but its all good now.a friend of mine had a bulb out of his 1200 gold wing and WOW the diff is day and nite.you all would not believe how many times a week ppl in cars/trucks are trying to literally run me over from behind or run thier brights and even if i bright them they just ignore me....man its really pissin me off.

i used to carry lugnuts for the hibeamers but in my infinite wisdom(getting old...er)i decided that wasnt very cool to do anymore.im thinking about some paint balls to toss out at the idiots!i know they are doin 60mph and itll definitly screw thier nite up...but the tailgaters and idiots that just wont fuck off are driving me bat shit crazy.any other bikers on here have any suggestions?besides shooting them...lol.

1rudedog

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
rudedog reported getting one that needed a little filing to optimise the contacts?

failing that, what's your maintenance regime? deoxit? no ox id? noalax? do you sand contacts now and then?

dog it wasnt the firing pin it was the aluminium on the inside of where the magnets are...in the body.mines firing every time now. not the holes themselves but the lil part after the magnet holes...insides of the trench...get it? IMG_20161006_153544.jpg

Last edited:

KentA

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
i used to carry lugnuts for the hibeamers but in my infinite wisdom(getting old...er)i decided that wasnt very cool to do anymore.im thinking about some paint balls to toss out at the idiots!i know they are doin 60mph and itll definitly screw thier nite up...but the tailgaters and idiots that just wont fuck off are driving me bat shit crazy.any other bikers on here have any suggestions?besides shooting them...lol.
I was taught to carry a "cheap crescent wrench under the seat". I only used it once, & had to turn around to do it, but that was in the olden days. Senior citizens shouldn't act that way so I like your paintball idea.

KentA

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
dog it wasnt the firing pin it was the aluminium on the inside of where the magnets are...in the body.mines firing every time now. not the holes themselves but the lil part after the magnet holes...get it? View attachment 65969
There is a trench in the lower section between the battery & bottle. Did you grind the top, sides, or bottom?

1rudedog

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
There is a trench in the lower section between the battery & bottle. Did you grind the top, sides, or bottom?

it was just the sides and not alot either.got a 2nd CV and havent had any problem.if i knew how to mark the photo with an arrow i coulda pointed to it but the sides are definitly what i took a few swaths at with a file.goodluck and im sure itll get ya firing every time!before i filed it i could press the fire button kinda from the side but that got old fast.

Last edited:

1rudedog

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I was taught to carry a "cheap crescent wrench under the seat". I only used it once, & had to turn around to do it, but that was in the olden days. Senior citizens shouldn't act that way so I like your paintball idea.

yeah when on a bike its kinda asking to get ran over since we are smaller then a car.when im in my car/truck ill just stop and ask them whats up.most times they run away but thiers always the 6'6" dude that dont mind talking...lol.im 5'9" and about 280 so ive takin some ass whoopings in my time...but also gave a few too..lol.gettin way to old fistacuffs thats for sure,but if they insist i just wanna get my dentures out before fists fly...hahahato much money inem to getem busted up.its really not the age but the abuse ive put on myself like gettin hit by a car at 50mph and bustin myself up pretty bad 20 yrs ago.that crap doesnt get any better with time.so if i get an ass whooping then good on them they beat up a kinda cripple dude...on the other hand if i win then they got had by a kinda cripple dude....lol.its crazy though cuz ya try talking with hand signals and these idiots just dont freakin get it...and i dont flip them off right away i try to be a decent fella but when someones 4' off your rear tire at 60 mph its complete BS.so yeah the paint ball may be an asshole thing to do but itll be a last resort...im just tired of the bullshit is all.

1rudedog

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Sent my CAM-M for an upgrade and got another one to keep it company on its way back to Egypt. And then I came across this bottom-fed Le Zephyr clone in the classies, so I grabbed it! And to top it all Pete will be finishing my Pinch this week. Not to mention that I grabbed 8 RTAs from the classies for the wife (she still uses Kayfuns and Roses and I found some clones and an authentic Russian that are dirt cheap). So I'm having one heckuva vape mail package coming up. ....and no..I'm perfectly sane and I don't need professional help. ..or so I think

i sold a le zephyr to a cat that used to hang out here on VU,i got it from roscoe and it was a clone but worked great.just was a lil restricted for me is all.i just did a bf clone goon and wow its got some great flavor.was simple bf job,just used one of FDV bf pins and viola it was done!gonna take the place of my blk stumpy since i owe money for the dually i got and the dna 200 was damaged in transit that i had initially traded for the dually...bummer deal.if ya know anyone that wants some of the kanger tanks and aspire tanks let me know.i have about 10 of each.the ex left all her vape shit here so i need to try to get a couple bucks out of it if i can.i even have some recoiled kanger coils to go with the kanger tanks,i think a 5 pack box or 2 of the aspire coils to go with the aspire tanks.LMK if ya know anyone...id let them go cheap just to help someone out.

KentA

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
it was just the sides and not alot either.got a 2nd CV and havent had any problem.if i knew how to mark the photo with an arrow i coulda pointed to it but the sides are definitly what i took a few swaths at with a file.goodluck and im sure itll get ya firing every time!before i filed it i could press the fire button kinda from the side but that got old fast.
You described what my brass CV does so I'll give it a file. Your cure makes sense, but I hadn't looked there.

I just replaced the leaf spring because it had flattened & was not pushing the button back up. Rubbing against the side of it's passage could have contributed to that too.

Tamer El-Meehy

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
i sold a le zephyr to a cat that used to hang out here on VU,i got it from roscoe and it was a clone but worked great.just was a lil restricted for me is all.i just did a bf clone goon and wow its got some great flavor.was simple bf job,just used one of FDV bf pins and viola it was done!gonna take the place of my blk stumpy since i owe money for the dually i got and the dna 200 was damaged in transit that i had initially traded for the dually...bummer deal.if ya know anyone that wants some of the kanger tanks and aspire tanks let me know.i have about 10 of each.the ex left all her vape shit here so i need to try to get a couple bucks out of it if i can.i even have some recoiled kanger coils to go with the kanger tanks,i think a 5 pack box or 2 of the aspire coils to go with the aspire tanks.LMK if ya know anyone...id let them go cheap just to help someone out.

Are these aspire nautilus tanks?

VU Sponsors