Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

Zaxxaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Heads up. The Hadaly has been cloned! Saw that 3f vape has them $10. They don't come with the bottom fed pin thought. Someone buy one and see which fat daddy pin works.....lol. I really want a Hadaly,but since I heard the real ones are made in China,I'm not to thrilled to pay $70 bucks for one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KentA

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Heads up. The Hadaly has been cloned! Saw that 3f vape has them $10. They don't come with the bottom fed pin thought. Someone buy one and see which fat daddy pin works.....lol. I really want a Hadaly,but since I heard the real ones are made in China,I'm not to thrilled to pay $70 bucks for one.
... & it can be had in brass!

edit: or gold plated?

Last edited:

KingLouie

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
That he is! I had most of my high end gear from him

funny how things go full circle then! haha. Enjoy the atomizer my friend it is really nice. Ittl arrive to you the same condition i got it from rudedog. The build post he included helped me alot and it is still in there for you, makes life easy. If you enjoy a tight draw the flavor is great. Filling it can be kind of messy taking off the AFC, ultem piece and all that, so having it BF is a luxury. I think youll really like it.

Tamer El-Meehy

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
funny how things go full circle then! haha. Enjoy the atomizer my friend it is really nice. Ittl arrive to you the same condition i got it from rudedog. The build post he included helped me alot and it is still in there for you, makes life easy. If you enjoy a tight draw the flavor is great. Filling it can be kind of messy taking off the AFC, ultem piece and all that, so having it BF is a luxury. I think youll really like it.

Thanks :) been watching some youtube reviews of it and it seems perfect for squonking. Have you tried it with mesh?

KingLouie

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Thanks :) been watching some youtube reviews of it and it seems perfect for squonking. Have you tried it with mesh?

Yes, i only used mesh, i felt like cotton would kind of defeat the purpose of the design. But dont let me discourage you from trying, I am just a mesh kind of guy.
To be honest with you i sold it in favor of the new Nextiny atomizer i got recently, i really enjoy the post design where you wrap the mesh around that. Its like an In'ax but in RTA form, and better flavor in my opinion.

Just a tip- one of my friends on VU who is a very experienced Genny user absolutely LOVES the le zephyr, he sold his hellfire genesis collection because he loved the Zephyr so much. He used mesh in it. He told me to get the: 'Le Zephyr wick hole reducer' told me it worked alot better for mesh because the wick hole is pretty big. I never got around to it, but if you like the zephyr as-is you might consider picking up a reducer for around 10$, for him it was a night-and-day difference.

Tamer El-Meehy

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yes, i only used mesh, i felt like cotton would kind of defeat the purpose of the design. But dont let me discourage you from trying, I am just a mesh kind of guy.
To be honest with you i sold it in favor of the new Nextiny atomizer i got recently, i really enjoy the post design where you wrap the mesh around that. Its like an In'ax but in RTA form, and better flavor in my opinion.

Just a tip- one of my friends on VU who is a very experienced Genny user absolutely LOVES the le zephyr, he sold his hellfire genesis collection because he loved the Zephyr so much. He used mesh in it. He told me to get the: 'Le Zephyr wick hole reducer' told me it worked alot better for mesh because the wick hole is pretty big. I never got around to it, but if you like the zephyr as-is you might consider picking up a reducer for around 10$, for him it was a night-and-day difference.

Thanks man. Great advice.

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Are there any dual 18650 mech bottom feed mods out there for sale? Tia...

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Are there any dual 18650 mech bottom feed mods out there for sale? Tia...
Series there is the nutpunch by pdib

4f95ac7a8d8a57a116937ddfc470ffd4.jpg

Parallel there is custom classic ii. Anything else would need to be second hand like tmod dually, vr wood mod, or cam m. Since they are out of production

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

1rudedog

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I got mine from rudedog!!! great guy, took great care of all his gear.

im glad to see not everyone thinks i sell crap gear...lol.well only 1 person of all the transactions has had a problem and said i sold him junk...lol.

1rudedog

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Are these aspire nautilus tanks?

nope they are the old style,the ones on the outside are what i have...the left side is the aspire tank the one on the right is the aspire tank.the one in the middle is a taifun gs i think...its the smaller one..the gt is the bigger taifun of the 2 types.both kick ass and flavor for days,kool tank for sure.havent found a pic of the kanger but one of them i have is a protank 3,anyways if ya want i can take some pics tomorrow of them all.but i have a 5 point buck i have to cut up and grind into some burger and cut some steaks out of some of it too.car deer collision and couldnt turn down the meat for the freezer!oh btw i have a mini nautilus thats got ALL new gaskets and hasnt been used since i redid the gaskets.ive got way to much vape stuff that ill never use.IMG_20160519_192029.jpg

1rudedog

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
That he is! I had most of my high end gear from him

here are the kanger tanks...havent found the pic of the aspire ones but ill take a pic when its daylite so ya can see what i got.the ones with the chrome tops will run dual coils kanger heads,ive rebuilt dual and single coils for these tanks for a LONG time.its all the ex ever used.LMK what ya think man
IMG_20160531_111959.jpg

Tamer El-Meehy

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
here are the kanger tanks...havent found the pic of the aspire ones but ill take a pic when its daylite so ya can see what i got.the ones with the chrome tops will run dual coils kanger heads,ive rebuilt dual and single coils for these tanks for a LONG time.its all the ex ever used.LMK what ya think man
View attachment 66050

They're not for me man. They're for a friend of my wife. I'll ask her and get back to you.

1rudedog

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
View attachment 66050

i was sure you didnt want them,but ill still makem a good deal on'em.i could even recoil the rest of the coils that aint done yet.LMK when you know sumpin.L8TR Bud

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anyone know where I can get a long 2.5 mm squonk pin?
It is for a Tsunami 22 mm.
The FDV ones are too short.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The O Atty clone vapes nice on my Coppervape with Dual 26 ga SS316l working out to .26.
Nice dense vape, kinda tasty too.
Not as airy as the Wanko but a denser vape.

It is a really nice clone with gold plated coil screws and 510 pins.

Kind of a pain to coil but think I will order another one.

KingLouie

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
d78a84a54034f278a91ef1ec666c3fc2.jpg

nice what is it?

Nice Metal, still looking as beautiful as the first day you got it :) can you remind me what the coating on that was? it looks like it hasnt picked up a scratch!!!

And larry, its a totally custom T-mod, done by hand by the guy at T-mods his name is escaping me right now. He even did that atomizer hvymetal likes with it to the same color!! Honestly such a cool custom mod. and that electric blue is so sweet

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nice Metal, still looking as beautiful as the first day you got it :) can you remind me what the coating on that was? it looks like it hasnt picked up a scratch!!!

And larry, its a totally custom T-mod, done by hand by the guy at T-mods his name is escaping me right now. He even did that atomizer hvymetal likes with it to the same color!! Honestly such a cool custom mod. and that electric blue is so sweet

looks like the NRA blue cerakote

they aren't made by hand though, tom has 2 CNC mills now

HvyMtl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Yep, you remembered

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HvyMtl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
looks like the NRA blue cerakote

they aren't made by hand though, tom has 2 CNC mills now

Correct on both points. I'm sure I helped pay for that second CNC machine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So now I've used the VT box for a few hours and recharged it internally to see how it performed I can say that this is a nice box for sure. The fire button is soft but very responsive. I've no issue with it. I heard the panels were loose on some of these mods but my gold carbon fiber ones are just fine. Refilling is a bit tricky. You need to put a paper towel piece beneath the bottle to catch the drips but it is not that hard. It is way easier to change out the batteries than on my Therion (which I love). I can see this as a workplace mod.

On the Hadalay - it might be Chinese but it is a really nice flavor atty. I get great results with a single fused clapton at just below .2 ohms at 39.5 watts. This actually surprised me. The coil heats up fast even that low. One thing though - if you over squeeze on the Hadalay you will get leaks. But then I got the occasional leak from my NarDa on the Therion too. Trick is to squeeze just once and not too often.

Anyone on the fence over the mod or atty - I would recommend both. It's a great combination. I've never used the attys that come with the Therion or the new VT box. They might be okay but I like what it is on them now. I've spent my vape allowance for the next three months now. A Reo, a Therion and a VT box all within the lst month and a half and a Haladay, a NarDa and a Nuppin. Damn it gets expensive fast.

danzac

Member For 4 Years
Found the Tsunami squonk pins at Heavens gifts.
ordered a couple.

Anyone know where I can get a long 2.5 mm squonk pin?
It is for a Tsunami 22 mm.
The FDV ones are too short.
I just notched the both sides of the positive pin with small file, then notched the insulated (one side). It fed the juice a bit slow, so I notched the positive post on both sides. Wow!, juice flows out very easy now, plus the Tsunami 22 makes that sucking noise that lets you know that the excess eijuice has been drawn back in the your bottom feeder. It only took about 25 minutes to do.

But after it was said all done, I wish I saw this post with several sites here where you can get the squonk pin for a for a few bucks.
At least now I can mod rba's velocity decks. It was fun to experiment with this. Next project is the goon clone I'm waiting on. Rignt now I'm loving my Sapor using their squonk conversion kit.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
had to shorten both ends of the 3mm FDV squonk pin for the Derringer.

The O Dis atty clone came with a sqounk pin, unlike the authentic ODis atty per Todd.
Nice clone gold plated everywhere the authentic is and orings fit nicely, coil screws nice as well.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hey, @Hank F. Spankman ... Converting a Goon to a Goonie squonker. Do I use a FDV 2.5 or 3 for the pin, or not sure and try a Velocity pin? Got a new base/deck for the DOA from FastTech for a Hastur (sic) on the way. My slush fund got a slight windfall. Thought I might try a Goomie. Know you use a FDV 3 for a pin a NarDa, & the Derringer V3.

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey, @Hank F. Spankman ... Converting a Goon to a Goonie squonker. Do I use a FDV 2.5 or 3 for the pin, or not sure and try a Velocity pin? Got a new base/deck for the DOA from FastTech for a Hastur (sic) on the way. My slush fund got a slight windfall. Thought I might try a Goomie. Know you use a FDV 3 for a pin a NarDa, & the Derringer V3.

The authentic Goon uses a M2.5 pin. Not sure of the clones tho

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The authentic Goon uses a M2.5 pin. Not sure of the clones tho

Okay. I'll give the M2.5 a try. Also have some M3 from FDV & see different M2.5s on FastTech as well, it's said they are a little shorter than FDV's pins. Not out too much for the trying. Presently, got dual coils netting ~ .52 ohm that fire up to ~ .76 on the Owl rda that came with the poorly crafted Terminator squonk kit. It's doing nice enough. :) Something different from a Velocity V2 clone.

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
FDV pin needs to be shortened for use on the Goon, or it will contact bottom of the posts...

All I have are single battery squonk mods so the Goon is kind of overkill, can't really use the coils it can handle with the limited power of a single battery. I got one of the Goon 22 atty clones which looked to be about perfect, but they have a step down pos. pin and the threads are smaller than 2.5, so it will need some notch cutting. Haven't looked at it closely, so not sure that it is doable.

Has anyone seen Sonar505 around, we had talked about a dual 18650 mech squonk mod but now he is not responding.

1rudedog

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So now I've used the VT box for a few hours and recharged it internally to see how it performed I can say that this is a nice box for sure. The fire button is soft but very responsive. I've no issue with it. I heard the panels were loose on some of these mods but my gold carbon fiber ones are just fine. Refilling is a bit tricky. You need to put a paper towel piece beneath the bottle to catch the drips but it is not that hard. It is way easier to change out the batteries than on my Therion (which I love). I can see this as a workplace mod.

On the Hadalay - it might be Chinese but it is a really nice flavor atty. I get great results with a single fused clapton at just below .2 ohms at 39.5 watts. This actually surprised me. The coil heats up fast even that low. One thing though - if you over squeeze on the Hadalay you will get leaks. But then I got the occasional leak from my NarDa on the Therion too. Trick is to squeeze just once and not too often.

Anyone on the fence over the mod or atty - I would recommend both. It's a great combination. I've never used the attys that come with the Therion or the new VT box. They might be okay but I like what it is on them now. I've spent my vape allowance for the next three months now. A Reo, a Therion and a VT box all within the lst month and a half and a Haladay, a NarDa and a Nuppin. Damn it gets expensive fast.

i have a clone had a lay...sounds sexual!!!lol. on the way and some bf pins to convert it.hope its a decent atty,im tryin to find one to take my stumpys place.

1rudedog

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I just notched the both sides of the positive pin with small file, then notched the insulated (one side). It fed the juice a bit slow, so I notched the positive post on both sides. Wow!, juice flows out very easy now, plus the Tsunami 22 makes that sucking noise that lets you know that the excess eijuice has been drawn back in the your bottom feeder. It only took about 25 minutes to do.

But after it was said all done, I wish I saw this post with several sites here where you can get the squonk pin for a for a few bucks.
At least now I can mod rba's velocity decks. It was fun to experiment with this. Next project is the goon clone I'm waiting on. Rignt now I'm loving my Sapor using their squonk conversion kit.

i just did a goon clone...in black and its found a home on my 26650 tmod and is a killer atty.ya can get some HUGE clouds with it for sure!the FDV bf pins worked great on it to.first pin a trimmed WAY to much threads and ruined the thing.i put a stock length FDV bf pin in and works fine.wish id have did a lil measuring b4 i went to filing the 1st pin...dammit!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
FDV pin needs to be shortened for use on the Goon, or it will contact bottom of the posts...

All I have are single battery squonk mods so the Goon is kind of overkill, can't really use the coils it can handle with the limited power of a single battery. I got one of the Goon 22 atty clones which looked to be about perfect, but they have a step down pos. pin and the threads are smaller than 2.5, so it will need some notch cutting. Haven't looked at it closely, so not sure that it is doable.

Has anyone seen Sonar505 around, we had talked about a dual 18650 mech squonk mod but now he is not responding.

Eh, I might be able to use some 28 awg K-A1 set up dual coil to net
0.5+/-2 (as in .48 -.52) ohm on a Goon. That is what I built last night
on one of the Velocity decks. I had to rebuild it once though. Got a
fierce round of coil jealousy from one, or the other of the set. Found
out one coil leg kept slipping from the post hole and it was simply too
short.

Got agitated at both coils then, pulled the whole build off and redid
it. Seems to have turned out better for it. Nice to have a working
checking device, again. :) Yes, I build on the 'tab' meter before
putting it on to the mod. Learned building on a meter while using Evods
and redoing those PITA micro coils.

Sounds like the Goon might be worth a bit more trouble than I care for
at present, regarding modding to squonk. Remind the fifty second me that
keeps darting past mentioning "the list" to include a rotary tool. I
might not catch up to him for a bit, for needing to keep up with the
twenty third me's notion of fun, ricking firewood. :)

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Saw similar on FastTech, which also has Goon clones. In part I would
like to use a goon out of slight peer pressure. My brother Spanky seems
to think Goons are the bees knees. Of course, next week he'll think
a toaster vapes the bomb. Might give this a look though as well. I
genuinely do still like the Velocity V2 RDA.

Sometimes though a person likes something different. Don't know until
you sample/try. If nothing else Spanky might get a Goon clone PIF.
Before I'm fussed at for wasting money despite being dirt poor, well,
... it's only money. Besides it is still less by far than I would be
spending on any Big tobacco, even RYO. :)

danzac

Member For 4 Years
i just did a goon clone...in black and its found a home on my 26650 tmod and is a killer atty.ya can get some HUGE clouds with it for sure!the FDV bf pins worked great on it to.first pin a trimmed WAY to much threads and ruined the thing.i put a stock length FDV bf pin in and works fine.wish id have did a lil measuring b4 i went to filing the 1st pin...dammit!
Thanks for the tip 1rudedog. I have some FDV pins. I just did up a FT clone Recoil. Unfortunately the FDV pin threads screw in on a slight angle and I didn't want to force it in and wreck the original rda thread. I ended up using the original positive pin and slotted it. I had to slot the positive post anyway, so I just slotted the sides of the original positive pin. Me so happy! :)

Jakeman02

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Okay, I've been very good since 8/8 but got a case of shinyitis today: jumped on an HCigar VT 75 in the new rainbow design :banana:

I've had a black cf inbox for a few weeks, good choice. It should cure a shinyitis flare up, at least till the next nice squonker comes out. I think I'm good till a dual 18650 DNA squonker comes out but I've been waiting on that one forever.

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ok,, a bit of a rant,, i absolutely hate the Coral atty that comes with the Pico Squeeze. i have a couple of Narda's on the way......meantime, i am having to rig up a smaller drip tip on the coral. my advise,,, dont buy any atty that doesnt allow you to fit a standard 510 drip tip. (and i am not even sure if the narda does).

major pet peeve that i shouldn't have 'just let it go'. --yes this is my fault.

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ok,, a bit of a rant,, i absolutely hate the Coral atty that comes with the Pico Squeeze. i have a couple of Narda's on the way......meantime, i am having to rig up a smaller drip tip on the coral. my advise,,, dont buy any atty that doesnt allow you to fit a standard 510 drip tip. (and i am not even sure if the narda does).

major pet peeve that i shouldn't have 'just let it go'. --yes this is my fault.

Narda uses standard 510 tips

VU Sponsors