Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

TrollDragon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Did you also pick up the Utem tank ,

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
Nope, I wanted the Novaboxco style design like on the Sherman.
Steam Crave should have polished the tank IMHO.

This is just too smexy...
21042503_298810310522733_2886617154222817280_n.jpg

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Weak door magnets and a really bad paint, it chips by looking at it the wrong way.

Then you just strip it down to raw mode.
slice-1-jpg.80032

slice-2-jpg.80033
Have you the dream X setup in single or dual , the E motions nice once you get used to the top cap filling , b decks pretty decent vape

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nope, I wanted the Novaboxco style design like on the Sherman.
Steam Crave should have polished the tank IMHO.

This is just too smexy...
21042503_298810310522733_2886617154222817280_n.jpg
Yeah they seem to drop that one but did look UFO looking on test run
I parted with my Sherman threads where just nasty sharp on it but was first run low serial number , before they fixed the flaws, but did keep the Tip works great on plus
Kept the plus ,
sold the others.

Had to reduce the amount of Vape produced . So opted for the single coiler RTA,s for time being ,

Misses going in hospital for treatment in couple days ,
so whens she is out in a month or more hopefully,

I cant vape indoors or Around her for a long while,

Im told can/will interfere with her long term treatment ,
no aerosols , no candles ,
NO vaping , No partials in the Air can mess her up,
with having with no immune system,
Ive hardly slept this past wk. As the day draws near , ( will be admitted on Thursday for Chemotherapy , bone marrow and something else , days nights all blurring into one and forgetting things now ️,

So either sold off or put away all my larger mods / atties
And dropped down to restriced Single coilers for now , on smaller mods ,
Even though im vaping even more juice than ever before.

b051539684d73ef19b83ad1eed6bd3d6.jpg

Last edited:

TrollDragon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Have you the dream X setup in single or dual , the E motions nice once you get used to the top cap filling , b decks pretty decent vape

A simple dual 26g, tried the single coil deck for a while but went back to the dual. The X has been sitting in a box for a quite a while, but I did bring the FeV3 back into circulation again. :)

Looks like way too many parts on the E motion for my liking, how is it compared to the Skyline vape wise? No, don't tell me, I'll get the bug for RLH tanks again and I really don't need any more. :giggle:

TrollDragon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I parted with my Sherman threads where just nasty sharp on it but was first run low serial number , before they fixed the flaws,

I remember that, it was a little too extreme. :)

I had the Sherman in the cart a few times but just couldn't justify getting one.

B2K RSA looks like it might be a good little squonker, Canadian designed and reasonably priced too. I might just have to pick one up.
http://www.vapesbyenushi.com/hardware/bb-vapes-brvnd-b2k-rsa/

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Im going to try the tooth paste polish on mine next week see how it turns out, got an old ego 510 i can put in drill , and connect tank to that to get it spinning to polish it,

Hopefully should have my haku Utlem cap and others
by then so if works to clear it up a bit , id be trying them too ,
c8671babf228de82e63f9896ec82ec7d.jpg

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I remember that, it was a little too extreme. :)

I had the Sherman in the cart a few times but just couldn't justify getting one.

B2K RSA looks like it might be a good little squonker, Canadian designed and reasonably priced too. I might just have to pick one up.
http://www.vapesbyenushi.com/hardware/bb-vapes-brvnd-b2k-rsa/
The RDA version of Sherman looked interesting came with a bf pin too,
bit tall but would probably need mod like DB 160 or Drone to get best out of big builds within it,
Im just awaiting a few previous orders to come inc a Pocket RDA clone ,
and think I'll stop buying for a while not as if i Really need anything new,
+ There is a couple of high end/ priced Authentic tanks I'm interested in, So will see,

fartbubble

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thought I heard whispers of a GB on one of those secret fb group things today! lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yeah, I’ll probbaly get one through the group.

Pissed I missed out on the Type R rda

As for drip tip, I can’t go back to 510 tips. I’ve hit the point where I want a wide of a bore as possible. The Entheon tip is so dainty in my mouth

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
Im going to try the tooth paste polish on mine next week see how it turns out, got an old ego 510 i can put in drill , and connect tank to that to get it spinning to polish it,

Hopefully should have my haku Utlem cap and others
by then so if works to clear it up a bit , id be trying them too

It'll work, this one's not ultem but when I got it it was all frosty like the top.
I polished just the bottom half and you can see the difference. I used some very fine auto finishing polish.

965a491e90c7af37958bafb49074a18d.jpg

804cc4d061064a44542681bf42c441b6.jpg

Sent from a Galaxy far far away!

Last edited:

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It'll work, this one's not ultem but when I got it it was all frosty like the top.
I polished just the bottom half and you can see the difference. I used soon very fine auto finishing polish.

965a491e90c7af37958bafb49074a18d.jpg

804cc4d061064a44542681bf42c441b6.jpg

Sent from a Galaxy far far away!
Done a nice job with it ,
Hope i can get similar finish
Seen others using a bolt and small rubber gromits to securely hold it into a drill whilst they polish
I have a polish jig on way for my tubes , and SS tanks RDA,s
About time I cleaned everything up , want them shiney.

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, I’ll probbaly get one through the group.

Pissed I missed out on the Type R rda

As for drip tip, I can’t go back to 510 tips. I’ve hit the point where I want a wide of a bore as possible. The Entheon tip is so dainty in my mouth
I use a lot of restriced lung rta,s and bf rda,s so it depends on atties im using some types suit 510s other don't

jcash74

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Anyone else with a boxer ever see this? I took it apart to clean it and it didn't come apart right.
I tried to take the silver piece off (like in Mike Vapes video). It didn't come apart like his did in the video. (Pics down below)

I put it back together and everything is working fine, but..... I'm nervous it's broken now. I'm thinking I will email gingervapes and see what he says.
2b0dc1bc0acdfc7c0f180b7b18eb2384.jpg
ca2b1ab8794d3ace03586c38167bf88e.jpg

Zaxxaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anyone else with a boxer ever see this? I took it apart to clean it and it didn't come apart right.
I tried to take the silver piece off (like in Mike Vapes video). It didn't come apart like his did in the video. (Pics down below)

I put it back together and everything is working fine, but..... I'm nervous it's broken now. I'm thinking I will email gingervapes and see what he says.
2b0dc1bc0acdfc7c0f180b7b18eb2384.jpg
ca2b1ab8794d3ace03586c38167bf88e.jpg
Looks like the insulator might have got to hot to me,but I could be wrong.Good luck.Hope you get it worked out.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ive hardly slept this past wk. As the day draws near , ( will be admitted on Thursday for Chemotherapy , bone marrow and something else , days nights all blurring into one and forgetting things now ️,

Remember, the natural pharmacy has a treatment which can help you curb vomiting and increase your appetite. From what I've seen my youngest brother go through, doctors appear to not be keen to say anything if folks use help from nature. They may not outright condone it but they're not going to condemn it either and might 'wink wink nod nod' you toward natural help after chemo.

Thyme, yarrow, dandelion are three different herbs I can think of off hand that offers help. Some suggest marjorum, garlic, basil as well. I'm sure there are plenty more, possibly even some I would have a difficulty knowing help. :)

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Remember, the natural pharmacy has a treatment which can help you curb vomiting and increase your appetite. From what I've seen my youngest brother go through, doctors appear to not be keen to say anything if folks use help from nature. They may not outright condone it but they're not going to condemn it either and might 'wink wink nod nod' you toward natural help after chemo.

Thyme, yarrow, dandelion are three different herbs I can think of off hand that offers help. Some suggest marjorum, garlic, basil as well. I'm sure there are plenty more, possibly even some I would have a difficulty knowing help. :)
Will see , how good or bad she is, but shes stubborn and usually wont take anything.
Being a critical care nurse herself she claims most stuff are just placebos

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A simple dual 26g, tried the single coil deck for a while but went back to the dual. The X has been sitting in a box for a quite a while, but I did bring the FeV3 back into circulation again. :)

Looks like way too many parts on the E motion for my liking, how is it compared to the Skyline vape wise? No, don't tell me, I'll get the bug for RLH tanks again and I really don't need any more. :giggle:
Fev S are amazing tanks Flavours from them are to perhaps the best there is,

Skyline vrs E motion id say i like both E motion is pain for filling with stupid tiny holes
they are different types with +s an - s of both ,
I run the Skyline with no Airflow plug installed and one air port open and its really nice
Restriced DTL,

but id still rate fev v4 above them both for Flavours. Dont knoe what it is i prefer the Flavours from FEV over most others
also the OT RTA (origen 22) similar to fev type 18-22 RTA

but none of Fev v4 or OT 22
really a suitable tank for taking out in pocket , being held together by orings ,

OT 22 + Hussar in pic ,
3ad139462209231e3bdc8d75da1b9d32.jpg

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hi Andria!
Single coil decks and 8ml extensions for my Aromamizer Supreme V2's, also just waiting for my VooPoo Drag to land in Canada. ;)

How did you get along with the Magma? Is it a fine squonking machine now?

Ehh... I think I prefer the Strike 18 to be honest. But I'm still dealing with the bad tastes of a) the DB160's plastic bottle, and b) the Ghost of Ejuice Past when I tried to switch over to the SteamCrave -- I had tried vaping with it when I was still having trouble with the battery contacts on the DB160, and got some of that bad perfumey taste in the plastic tubing of the SteamCrave, and I'm not sure at all how to get rid of it -- cleaning the metal rod of the DB160 was a piece of cake, but that soft tubing of the SteamCrave... don't really know what to do with that; I'm afraid if I take it off the mod, I won't be able to get it back on, but until I can get rid of that bad taste, it's completely useless. So they're both just sitting on the counter, and I'm using my regular Achilles. I'm considering using a syringe and a slender needle with dilute isopropyl, to force the isopropyl down the squonk hole to clean the tubing.

Andria

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Will see , how good or bad she is, but shes stubborn and usually wont take anything.
Being a critical care nurse herself she claims most stuff are just placebos

Ginger is definitely not a placebo; it's more effective on nausea than Dramamine -- the active chemical in it actually works directly on the nerves in the throat and esophagus to reduce/eliminate nausea. If you take a ginger capsule with a tiny sip of water, so that the capsule starts dissolving in the esophagus rather than the stomach, you can actually feel the ginger-burn, and it helps a LOT. I'm emetophobic, so I know!!!

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The latest from Mooch on the Ijoy 20700 batteries. In short one version is no better than a Samsung 30Q 18650.

..........................................................................................

Bottom Line: iJoy now has two versions of their “40A 3000mAh” 20700 battery, both in the same wrap. The original one has five “legs” coming down from the top contact and was rated at 30A 3000mAh by me.

This newer version of the “40A 3000mAh” battery has four “legs” coming down from the top contact. Unfortunately it is a hugely overrated, poor performing battery.

The voltage sag for this 4-leg cell version is a lot greater which results in about 30% less vaping time at moderate power levels (versus the 5-leg cell).

While both versions of this cell are on the market now, and using the same wrap, iJoy has stated that they will be using a different wrap soon for the 4-leg version. iJoy has also stated that the 4-leg version will not be sold separately in the future and will only be included in their kits. The 5-leg version will continue to be sold separately.

iJoy has also told me that they are working to lower the internal resistance of this cell. This will bring its performance closer to that of the 5-leg version. Once they release the updated 4-leg cell, with the new wraps, I will retest them.

The white top ring insulator of this cell is card stock, i.e., paper, like the 5-leg version. It is quite thin though. Pay extra attention to the top of these cells if your charger is a tight fit or your mod damages cell wraps.

I am rating this version of this iJoy cell at 20A and 2800mAh. Its maximum vaping amps (MVA) limit is 25A, limited by voltage sag.
~
A note…the capacity rating of the 5-leg version will also be lowered by me (probably from 3000mAh to 2800mAh) as additional experience with these cells, and other 2x700’s with their different chemistry, has made me realize this change is needed. This will affect the Efest, EBAT, and Ampking 20700’s too as they also use the 5-leg version of this cell. Their performance has not changed, just the rating I am giving them. More info in another post.

Last edited:

Pevinsghost

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
The latest from Mooch on the Ijoy 20700 batteries. In short no better than a Samsung 30Q 18650.

..........................................................................................

Bottom Line: iJoy now has two versions of their “40A 3000mAh” 20700 battery, both in the same wrap. The original one has five “legs” coming down from the top contact and was rated at 30A 3000mAh by me.

This newer version of the “40A 3000mAh” battery has four “legs” coming down from the top contact. Unfortunately it is a hugely overrated, poor performing battery.

The voltage sag for this 4-leg cell version is a lot greater which results in about 30% less vaping time at moderate power levels (versus the 5-leg cell).

While both versions of this cell are on the market now, and using the same wrap, iJoy has stated that they will be using a different wrap soon for the 4-leg version. iJoy has also stated that the 4-leg version will not be sold separately in the future and will only be included in their kits. The 5-leg version will continue to be sold separately.

iJoy has also told me that they are working to lower the internal resistance of this cell. This will bring its performance closer to that of the 5-leg version. Once they release the updated 4-leg cell, with the new wraps, I will retest them.

The white top ring insulator of this cell is card stock, i.e., paper, like the 5-leg version. It is quite thin though. Pay extra attention to the top of these cells if your charger is a tight fit or your mod damages cell wraps.

I am rating this version of this iJoy cell at 20A and 2800mAh. Its maximum vaping amps (MVA) limit is 25A, limited by voltage sag.
~
A note…the capacity rating of the 5-leg version will also be lowered by me (probably from 3000mAh to 2800mAh) as additional experience with these cells, and other 2x700’s with their different chemistry, has made me realize this change is needed. This will affect the Efest, EBAT, and Ampking 20700’s too as they also use the 5-leg version of this cell. Their performance has not changed, just the rating I am giving them. More info in another post.
The newer 4 leg ones they include in kits.

The 5 leg ones they sell are still 30A CDR. He dropped the capacity rating slightly though.

Pevinsghost

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Anyone else see that 15% SlowTech code?

I've never seen them have so many sale codes so close together, especially with Black Friday right around the corner.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Anyone else see that 15% SlowTech code?

I've never seen them have so many sale codes so close together, especially with Black Friday right around the corner.

Not seen the code. Be aware though with our current Orange Emporer now ranting "there will be glorious and righteous tax cuts", a lot of businesses will start to open the floodgates so to speak. Lots of 'sales' would not surprise me, even from overseas vendors/wholesalers. They need to keep 'liquid' capital flowing even if they think lower taxes will inspire more consumer demand. That 'inspiring more consumer buying' is the only reason I can see there is a push to lower taxes.

My question is what then pays the national debt? Do we even worry about that anymore? After all, it seems the rest of the world is folding in with Russia or using other currencies aside from the U.S. dollar. We're no longer holding the reserve, even if that was not announced. Consumers also will not spend, at least not in the rallying way that is expected, far from it. Consumer spending will be trickle that cannot even be considered a 'band-aid'.

Take this all for what is worth though. I am no economist, financial advisor, banker. I'm merely someone who has seen this kind of a crunch happening time and again. Although I'm not sure how bad it may wind up this time. ... I look at history, it often teaches valuable lessons if we but learn and try avoiding past mistakes.

Last edited:

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
I have acquired 2 Coppervapes now, they are great little mech squonkers.
But I have a question.
Both of them came with a white o-ring and a small white washer (see photo). I have rebuilt both of them and for the life of me can't figure out what the small washer is for.
If I were to guess, I would say the small white washer has something to do with the 510 pin?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

CoppervapeNew.jpg

Last edited:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I parted with my Sherman threads where just nasty sharp on it but was first run low serial number , before they fixed the flaws, but did keep the Tip works great on plus
Kept the plus ,
sold the others.

Had to reduce the amount of Vape produced . So opted for the single coiler RTA,s for time being ,

Misses going in hospital for treatment in couple days ,
so whens she is out in a month or more hopefully,

I cant vape indoors or Around her for a long while,

Im told can/will interfere with her long term treatment ,
no aerosols , no candles ,
NO vaping , No partials in the Air can mess her up,
with having with no immune system,

So either sold off or put away all my larger mods / atties
And dropped down to restriced Single coilers for now , on smaller mods ,
Even though im vaping even more juice than ever before.

b051539684d73ef19b83ad1eed6bd3d6.jpg

:hug: to you and your Mrs

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just don't understand the $250+ 3D printed mods

I haven’t seen any 3D printed mods in that price range. The most expensive one I’ve seen is in the $180 or so. The delrin/ stab-wood/G10 one’s are usually $200+.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

hariboholmes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I have acquired 2 Coppervapes now, they are great little mech squonkers.
But I have a question.
Both of them came with a white o-ring and a small white washer (see photo). I have rebuilt both of them and for the life of me can't figure out what the small washer is for.
If I were to guess, I would say the small white washer has something to do with the 510 pin?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

View attachment 94283
The bigger one is for the bottle thread to prevent leaking and the tiny one is a shim to raise 510 on attys with short pins :)

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
But how do you keep up with what your sister-in-law is having for lunch or what's bugging the president today?

Ohh she keeps up with all that and lives next door and has a phone. I do not answer her calls after 9 PM.

I also scan some news local mostly, on the web.
What is bugging the president? That is a minute to minute thing and I do not EVEN try to keep up with that. Just catch a few of the high points.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Duuude! He was being sarcastic, ie. himself. :vino:

My bad. It’s hard to tell what with all the FB group hate.

Don’t get me wrong, I think it’s ridiculous too but I think some folks here are have the wrong idea about how those groups work. Being in the know I just figured I’d clarify is all. Definitely not trying to defend some of the petty shenanigans that go on there! Cheers!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Don’t get me wrong, I think it’s ridiculous too but I think some folks here are have the wrong idea about how those groups work. Being in the know I just figured I’d clarify is all. Definitely not trying to defend some of the petty shenanigans that go on there! Cheers!

I just poke a bit of fun at the FB and list thins from time to time.
Not to say that they are bad things, just not for me and I consider them a bit silly.
But that is just for me.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have not really noticed any FB group hate?

Not really noticed much hate at all.
As long as one avoids the political threads that is :D

Last edited:

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

We don't hate them, we just ignore them and poke fun at them an some of the "holier than thou" characters.

b.m.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thought you’d be more interested with a handle like “b.m.”

I've had a lot of people guess it stood for different things,but that's a new one haha.Although the bathroom thing is true,sadly,i have a relative who posts every single thing she does,including things like "I couldn't hold it any longer,so i had to run to the bathroom before i peed myself" haha.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've had a lot of people guess it stood for different things,but that's a new one haha.Although the bathroom thing is true,sadly,i have a relative who posts every single thing she does,including things like "I couldn't hold it any longer,so i had to run to the bathroom before i peed myself" haha.
yep, wife talked me into joining FB 'for the grandchildren' sigh. Trust me seeing their FB stuff lowers them in my opinion.
Lasted maybe 3 weeks on FB and dropped out.
And other Dramamine relatives saw me on there and had to share their drama as well.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Funny I thought that posting that kind of stuff wasn’t really a thing anymore with all the backlash. I rarely post anything these days unless it’s pictures of my kids... my honeymoon being the exception as of late.

VU Sponsors