Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
hey now you can do 9 watts on a mech :)

Only if you use something like a 5 ohm coil! And then it just gets weaker and weaker and weaker until, why fucking bother!

Andria

ETA: and 9w isn't right anyway -- i vape somewhere around 9.5w, fluctuating .2 or .4 in either direction, depending on the state of the wick and coil.

Andria

fartbubble

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
someone buy the neon green & red NRC tip/beauty ring sets from Drip Factory so I'm not tempted anymore

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hi Bonkz!
Another day dusted, late one today..
Headed to the post office and then lunch (aka midnight snack) then zzzzzzz, still not accustomed to crashing out when the rest of the city is alive.
Some cool news, Found out today that I have some prezzies coming.. the Pulse BF and some accessories shipping out in a couple days from a friend, and also the new hot hype crazed affordable ($50) RSA (rebuildable squonk atomizer?) from Canada. Excited about it, comes with all the caps pictured.

And hey @AndriaD : Regulateds are great too, but I can probably fill up the next 10 pages with why I 'fucking bother' with a mech (Yuck?!)...buttt well....I like to keep things short and sweet.
Different strokes luv.
; ))
Crazyweird hugs to everyone!

IMG_4280.JPG

Edit: One you might enjoy @JuicyLucy .. I'm getting closer and closer to a full set
:bingo:

IMG_4282.JPG

Last edited:

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got my Geekvape Athena squonk kit in the mail today. I must say, it' a nice little box and an even nicer RDA - with true top airflow, which is getting rare these days. For the price, it's an excellent buy. I won't bother posting images: all the Youtube astroturfersreviewers have already done so, and it's kind of uninspiring-looking anyway. Still... a very good little kit.

I find myself buying one well-priced hit product after the other from Geekvape, despite knowing full well that I just don't need anymore vape hardware. This company is seriously growing on me. They're kind of like Lost Vape - a notch above the other Chinese makers, yet still affordable.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Bonkz!
Headed to the post office and then lunch (aka midnight snack) then zzzzzzz, still not accustomed to crashing out when the rest of the city is alive.
Some cool news, Found out today that I have some prezzies coming.. the Pulse BF and some accessories shipping out in a couple days from a friend, and also the new hot hype crazed affordable ($50) RSA (rebuildable squonk atomizer?) from Canada. Excited about it, comes with all the caps pictured.

And hey @AndriaD : Regulateds are great too, but I can probably fill up the next 10 pages with why I 'fucking bother' with a mech (Yuck?!)...buttt well....I like to keep things short and sweet.
Different strokes luv.
; ))
Crazyweird hugs to everyone!

View attachment 94207

Edit: One you might enjoy @JuicyLucy .. I'm getting closer and closer to a full set

View attachment 94215

Wow that B2K RDA looks really nice, especially considering the price point. $47.59 USD... even if shipping is $20 from Canada it stills comes in cheaper than the Entheon and it comes with three caps. Looks like a solid bargain to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Chef, unless you got it in the classifieds, the Therion 75 has been out of stock for months. If it has 3 buttons underneath the screen, it's a 75C.
I don't know how many buttons it has. To be honest, I bought out the remainder of a distributors stock. 16 of them, all with the red leather option. Also picked up a few red ostrich and purple ostrich replacement covers.

This one, but in red instead of brown. It doesn't show how many buttons:
GDQUV6Q.jpg

Last edited:

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
If you Vape like I do you should really enjoy it.
If I could have found one that's probably what I would have bought.
I normally use coils anywhere from 1.8 to 2.5 and never go over 50 watts.
Right now I'm running a Druga with dual SS claptons (1.8ohm) in TC mode.
460° at 50 watts and it is a flavor King!

Sent from a Galaxy far far away!

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't know how many buttons it has. To be honest, I bought out the remainder of a distributors stock. 16 of them, all with the red leather option. Also picked up a few red ostrich and purple ostrich replacement covers.

This one, but in red instead of brown. It doesn't show how many buttons:
GDQUV6Q.jpg
The markings on top look exactly like the ones on mine. The 75C is marked.
8745302-4.jpg

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So this just in!!!

Crazy Filipino buys Wotofo Sub-Ohm Tank of Shit for a drip tip...

WHAT!?

Yeah... it happened...fucking Wotofo got me for $13...bastards...

All for a Drip Tip LOL for a fucking Atty I don't have yet

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vaping with Vic just gave the Cthulhu MTL RDA a scathing review.
yes it comes with squonk pin.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
So this just in!!!

Crazy Filipino buys Wotofo Sub-Ohm Tank of Shit for a drip tip...

WHAT!?

Yeah... it happened...fucking Wotofo got me for $13...bastards...

All for a Drip Tip LOL for a fucking Atty I don't have yet

:giggle:

Wow - a drip tip for only $13 - dude you scored!!!

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
There just double the price ,I dont think there double the quality though , and still tear the battery wraps, best 75C mod out isnt therion Id say its the VapeCige Creator, smaller device,/ fits bigger builds/ 2 cell/ none Sqounker/ but still aint over priced like therion with fake leather ,
but im sure they could make a Sqounker version out of it , just use the left cell placement for sqounker bottle

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

I don't even TC and its not a squonker so doesn't matter at all for squonking purposes then

Not saying Therion is best at anything, but it does beat the Hcigar hands down

Whether or not the price is worth it is up to the individual

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Different strokes luv.
; ))

Yeah, after I graduated from my eRoll, I never wanted another vape that would get less and less satisfying with every hit -- that was by far my chief gripe with the eRoll.. along with having to refill/recharge like every 15 minutes. :facepalm: And also with a mech... I really would have to build something like a 4 or 5 ohm coil just to be able to tolerate it, when the battery is fresh. Then, there's the lack of an informative screen to let you know things about your vape.. so if it's not working, or not working well.. the only option is, take it all apart... put it all back together.. and hope that fixed it. If it didn't.. repeat.. over and over and over... till it is fixed. I simply don't have the patience for that kinda shit.

I've got a couple of mechs for my Vapocalypse stash, because that's about the only time I'd want to use them -- if I had NO other option -- and they're tubes, so I can use my stashed Kicks with them, to at least regulate them to a vape I can handle, which would stay the same till the battery's too low, so that would fix two of my biggest complaints with mechs... but they'd still be "take apart... put back together... take apart... put back together" to fix anything. As long as I can get a real regulated vape, that's what I'll use, because they're a LOT less trouble.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I got my Geekvape Athena squonk kit in the mail today. I must say, it' a nice little box and an even nicer RDA - with true top airflow, which is getting rare these days. For the price, it's an excellent buy. I won't bother posting images: all the Youtube astroturfersreviewers have already done so, and it's kind of uninspiring-looking anyway. Still... a very good little kit.

I find myself buying one well-priced hit product after the other from Geekvape, despite knowing full well that I just don't need anymore vape hardware. This company is seriously growing on me. They're kind of like Lost Vape - a notch above the other Chinese makers, yet still affordable.

That's exactly why I like Innokin and Sigelei.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Vaping with Vic just gave the Cthulhu MTL RDA a scathing review.
yes it comes with squonk pin.

What exactly did he hate about it? I looked at it, but it doesn't look all that "MtL" to me.

Andria

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well made mechs are not prone to that kinda BS - just a weekly cleaning will keep a decent one going, going, going
I don't clean mine till it won't fire lol then I just sand the contacts. If I wear contact out I'll just make new ones. I was nothing but regulated for 2 yrs. Now I'm all mech. But each his her own. That is what makes the world go round.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What exactly did he hate about it? I looked at it, but it doesn't look all that "MtL" to me.

Andria

That's the problem, the airflow isn't setup right for MTL, or for anything really. According to Vic, it's a restricted lung hit at best.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I don't clean mine till it won't fire lol then I just sand the contacts. If I wear contact out I'll just make new ones. I was nothing but regulated for 2 yrs. Now I'm all mech. But each his her own. That is what makes the world go round.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

All my mods (mech and regulated) get a good wipe down once with vodka once a week when I dry burn the coils and rewick - rarely need more than that

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Was 39 degrees here and snowing earlier = sloppy wet :p

RSZ1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi Bonkz!

View attachment 94207

View attachment 94215

Long time lurker first time poster.

Just picked up one of these B2K RSA locally. Saw the post and ran out and picked one up. For $60 Canuck dollars it's pretty good. One of the screws to trap the wire in the deck is a little rough, nothing crazy. Comes with black, clear and ultem cap, couple spare screws, squonk and non squonk pin, and color matching little risers to cut down the airflow horizontally if so desired.

Put in a .6ohm 2.5mm clapton 26/30 SS316L. Put it on a Hcigar Inbox, vaping nice at 475F. Flavour is very very intense. By far the most flavourful atty I have. Very smooth airflow. Been recently vaping on a Hadaly and Narda (clones) and this easily beats them.

Very hard to over squonk with the angled airflow. Very easy to build and wick. 26/30 clapton wire fits in the slots with room to spare.

All in all for the first half hour with it, I like it.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Long time lurker first time poster.

Just picked up one of these B2K RSA locally. Saw the post and ran out and picked one up. For $60 Canuck dollars it's pretty good. One of the screws to trap the wire in the deck is a little rough, nothing crazy. Comes with black, clear and ultem cap, couple spare screws, squonk and non squonk pin, and color matching little risers to cut down the airflow horizontally if so desired.

Put in a .6ohm 2.5mm clapton 26/30 SS316L. Put it on a Hcigar Inbox, vaping nice at 475F. Flavour is very very intense. By far the most flavourful atty I have. Very smooth airflow. Been recently vaping on a Hadaly and Narda (clones) and this easily beats them.

Very hard to over squonk with the angled airflow. Very easy to build and wick. 26/30 clapton wire fits in the slots with room to spare.

All in all for the first half hour with it, I like it.
Welcome to VU and the Squonk pit.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That's the problem, the airflow isn't setup right for MTL, or for anything really. According to Vic, it's a restricted lung hit at best.

Well hell, I could look at it and figure that out. A MtL atomizer is like this new Berserker -- superb tight draw. And my son was finally able to get it to not leak. It seems to be a case of just not filling it very full, and then when you need to refill, take it completely off the mod, because removing the cap does compromise the vacuum to the point that it then leaks, so... so much for its "top fill" claims -- it top fills about as easily as a Kayfun! Which is to say, yeah it'll top fill, if you don't mind the entire contents running down your mod.

Andria

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So is there a standard for the ohms it comes out to? Or more of just a throw in and go? I've seen a few videos but don't remember anyone saying.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
The Mesh wire from VandyVape has the following resistances.

1 SS316L MESH WIRE 200mesh 5ft = 1.2Ω/ft
2 KA1 MESH WIRE 80mesh 5ft = 2.8Ω/ft
3 Ni80 MESH WIRE 100mesh 5ft = 1.8Ω/ft
4 SS316L MESH WIRE 150mesh 5ft = 0.9Ω/ft
5 SS316L MESH WIRE 400mesh 5ft = 0.43Ω/ft
6 SS316L MESH WIRE 300mesh 5ft = 0.37Ω/ft

I'm pretty certain all the reviewers were using the 4th option namely SS316L MESH WIRE 150mesh 5ft = 0.9Ω/ft.
As it is 1 of the wires that comes with the RDA.Every reviewer seemed to be getting about (0.17ohms) give or take -/+ (0.01ohm).
The other 2 wires that come with it are (Ni80 MESH WIRE 100mesh 5ft = 1.8Ω/ft) & (KA1 MESH WIRE 80mesh 5ft = 2.8Ω/ft).

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well hell, I could look at it and figure that out. A MtL atomizer is like this new Berserker -- superb tight draw. And my son was finally able to get it to not leak. It seems to be a case of just not filling it very full, and then when you need to refill, take it completely off the mod, because removing the cap does compromise the vacuum to the point that it then leaks, so... so much for its "top fill" claims -- it top fills about as easily as a Kayfun! Which is to say, yeah it'll top fill, if you don't mind the entire contents running down your mod.

Andria
Only top fill I have had any luck with is the original Serpent RTA.

VU Sponsors