Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

b.m.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What's a good 26650 battery? I never did get into those?
I never really got into them much either.I bought a couple a year or so back for a tube mod i had and didn't like,which is why i got the S26,i figure i have these batteries just sitting here,might as well get some use out of them.The ones i have are a Keeppower and an Mnke,Mooch rated them both pretty good at the time,so that's what i grabbed.

b.m.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can't believe how small they were able to make this 2x700 mod!
That is exactly what i said when i got mine.You really can't tell much for size reference by pictures,so i ordered one and when i opened the package,i thought no way is this gonna fit a 21700 haha.

troydestroy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That is exactly what i said when i got mine.You really can't tell much for size reference by pictures,so i ordered one and when i opened the package,i thought no way is this gonna fit a 21700 haha.
Yeah, this thing has seriously spoiled me... It's barely bigger than a Pico squeeze... And you can build it fairly cheaply so you really don't have to worry about it! (Although the beater has seen some abuse and is holding up like a Timex)

I'm really excited about the front/edge squonk, top fire 18650 version I'm building next! Pics later this week once the body arrives :)

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Pynk4NU.png

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I had a local guy from a shop give me a Geekvape Athena. He said it didn't work and he hated it. (I own one and love mine) so I figured I'd take it and check it out. For whatever reason he had grease where the contact bar hits the 510 +. I polished the bar, the pin, and the battery contacts and it works like a champ!

//cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5a8db7d3b11a9/received_10156103939792485.mp4

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

chohan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Bonkers, I have come to a hard earned realization:
I am a single coil guy.
Having reached that epiphany after nearly blowing my mind and lungs out with this last night...

Kalicoils.png

Look at this "drip tip", it's like the business end of a small Gatorade bottle:

Kalitip.png

Don't take me wrong, I can see the appeal. The Kali is a beast unleashed. At .2Ω I was fogging out the house, ratboy E&E'd to the bedroom, the TV screen vanished and the wife was like wtf.
I'm talking clouds bro, huuge fuckin clouds but...

My 56 yr old lungs just aren't feeling the love. So today I repented, played around with the krma a bit and ended up with this:

Krmacoil.png

Not too tame, but not like the kali beast. Instant ramp up, 1/2 to 1 second pulls, good to go. Flavor on target, clouds not kali caliber but damn good enough for me and my lungs are thanking me. Live and learn, that is all.

Well not quite, any dual coil types out there want to buy a kali? :gaah:
cheers

chohan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I had a local guy from a shop give me a Geekvape Athena. He said it didn't work and he hated it. (I own one and love mine) so I figured I'd take it and check it out. For whatever reason he had grease where the contact bar hits the 510 +. I polished the bar, the pin, and the battery contacts and it works like a champ!

//cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5a8db7d3b11a9/received_10156103939792485.mp4

Are you sure it was grease? The Athena's have a reputation for arcing, perhaps he was trying to prevent it with something.
Regardless, congrats.

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Are you sure it was grease? The Athena's have a reputation for arcing, perhaps he was trying to prevent it with something.
Regardless, congrats.
Dilectric grease according to the guys he knows....

chohan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dilectric grease according to the guys he knows....

Yeah, that makes sense. Although myself, I'd skip the grease, put a tiny bit of deoxit gold there and be done with it. I've never had any arcing using that stuff. It was sort of pricey but I'm on the same tiny bottle for the past 5 years and it's only half empty.

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the info. I might have to do that. I think we even have some at work (electrical shop that does a lot of motor controls and panel builds)

raineysky

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The following steps is how I got my RSQ updated a while back. Hope this works for you:

First you must download two (2) pieces of software from the Hotcig site

1) Download HM Software for RSQ

2) Download R series firmware for RSQ

3) Unpack the HM software

4) Open HM Chip Tools

5) Click Open again

6) Choose the R series firmware DFU File

7) Open

8) Hold +/- buttons on mod

9) Remove battery

10) Click Refresh

11) Click Upload

12) Click Reboot

If you want the default screen orientation changed permanently, you have to change it in the Config tab. I did steps 10-12 for each tab except Device. Don’t know if you must though. Now both the screen orientation and lights stay where I set them after a battery change.

Last edited:

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
So, if I'm reading this right, it prints using several materials and the printer head (extruder )can be changed from a 0.4 mm to a 0.3 or 0.2 mm for higher print resolution?
Yes if you want quicker answers for 3d stuff pm me. All those things you said are correct though. This is the most popular begginer, budget and larger volume 3d printer you can buy. If you wanna spend $50-60 bucks more and not get the mini, you'll get the same printer but a slightly larger build volume. That's what I have the original CR10 and it's a good printer. My $1800 3d printer has had 100 times more problems then my cr10.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
So, if I'm reading this right, it prints using several materials and the printer head (extruder )can be changed from a 0.4 mm to a 0.3 or 0.2 mm for higher print resolution?
Also you don't really need to change the print head to be honest. It comes with a pretty good extruder. I bought one to put on mine and never swapped them.
If you do buy it let me know because there's a few other things I can help with so your ready to go when you get it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The following steps is how I got my RSQ updated a while back. Hope this works for you:

First you must download two (2) pieces of software from the Hotcig site

Got a link?

I went to http://www.hot-vapor.com/download.asp?id=143&i=143

and downloaded the ...
RSQ-Updating
2017-11-28 19:34:37
file. It's a .dfu file that my computer won't open.

The previous tape suggestion is looking better and better.:)

b.m.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got a link?

I went to http://www.hot-vapor.com/download.asp?id=143&i=143

and downloaded the ...
RSQ-Updating
2017-11-28 19:34:37
file. It's a .dfu file that my computer won't open.

The previous tape suggestion is looking better and better.:)
You also have to download HM chip tools v3.2 New as well if you didn't already get that one.It took me a few tries to get mine updated,but i finally got it.The HM chip tool wont open that rsq file until your computer recognizes the mod,that's where my problem was,it just started charging,then the mod finally gave me the option to update,once i hit that,the computer recognized it and then the file would open.

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You also have to download HM chip tools v3.2 New as well if you didn't already get that one.It took me a few tries to get mine updated,but i finally got it.The HM chip tool wont open that rsq file until your computer recognizes the mod,that's where my problem was,it just started charging,then the mod finally gave me the option to update,once i hit that,the computer recognized it and then the file would open.

Thanks!

I did that and got a .rar file my (Win 7) computer does not also open.

EDIT: I give up

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can't believe how small they were able to make this 2x700 mod! It's the S21 and I can't wait to try it out! If my battery would just charge.... They take forever when you're watching it lol.
It's no bigger than my Neo 67 and that's a 18650!
a3da9674a809ccc39db6ecb453fdbf66.jpg
13fd13578d210c22f4007a8e0616352c.jpg
Odd color choice.

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Think im gonna get this clear cap for the haku i already have one but i think thats goin to a good vu buddy
ce0b50495db41cb93ebb3b2d1376e99e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Think im gonna get this clear cap for the haku i already have one but i think thats goin to a good vu buddy

Ooh I like that black one too

Edit:

You can sell the clear one I was nagging you about homie...it was truly in prep for the white NeoFet...but since I went with the Ultem NeoFet with Black bits...my current Ultem cap works but yeah that black one is sexy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Edit:

You can sell the clear one I was nagging you about homie...it was truly in prep for the white NeoFet...but since I went with the Ultem NeoFet with Black bits...my current Ultem cap works but yeah that black one is sexy

The caps are 33 a piece or 89 a set if somebody wants the white ill buy the set and split them up

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Edit:

Nah im not gonna sell it ill keep it for.another haku im just at awe with them now

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The vaping gods must be crazy! I have 2 orders from 3F ordered one week apart. Both were "shipped", three days apart.....the earlier order is ????? the second order arrived today:huh: I had a chance to play with the SXK Le Supersonic. Clouds, mais oui, bien sûr.....Flavor, ooh la la c'est magnifique!! Love the flavor, easy to build. Now the bear is in beaucoup dudu 'cause I will have to get the authentic....

chohan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The vaping gods must be crazy! I have 2 orders from 3F ordered one week apart. Both were "shipped", three days apart.....the earlier order is ????? the second order arrived today:huh: I had a chance to play with the SXK Le Supersonic. Clouds, mais oui, bien sûr.....Flavor, ooh la la c'est magnifique!! Love the flavor, easy to build. Now the bear is in beaucoup dudu 'cause I will have to get the authentic....

Most of which flew over my head except for "beaucoup dudu". :)

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Most of which flew over my head except for "beaucoup dudu". :)
Translation, Clouds, but of course....Flavor, Oh, my dear f**ing God, magnificent.
Is is quiet, I mean really quiet! I put a triple core fused clapton in it SS wire 28gx3/36g 3.0mm ID at 0.27 ohms (6 wraps).
BTW, the french was for @Proatype and because after the third pull on this damn atty, the muse hit me and I remembered a tiny bit of the french I used to know:vino:

chohan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Did you try one of the SXK clear caps for the Haku?

Aye, I have one but I love me some Munoz caps. My first one was for the entheon and just got the SS one recently:
2018-02-21 22.48.22.jpg

Edit: imo, the beluga caps for the ss look even better but my spending has to stop somewhere.

Last edited:

DiggityDan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

hey man I have a mun bell cap you can have if you want good karma and all...

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
@JuicyLucy , if you don't have one of these Le Supersonic atties, do yourself a favor. It is a restricted DL (yeah, I know:confused:) even for me.

I'm looping out on this one, lol

I want an authentic one, but got freaky on the Imperfect finish some had and for some reason can't bring myself to spring for a clone

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Translation, Clouds, but of course....Flavor, Oh, my dear f**ing God, magnificent.
Is is quiet, I mean really quiet! I put a triple core fused clapton in it SS wire 28gx3/36g 3.0mm ID at 0.27 ohms (6 wraps).
BTW, the french was for @Proatype and because after the third pull on this damn atty, the muse hit me and I remembered a tiny bit of the french I used to know:vino:

Pas mal, mon ami !
I've been seeing quite a few Supersonic WTS' on bookbook, they go pretty quick but they are out there. Now is the time to pounce, the same exact thing happened with Le Concorde.. and now it's just gone. Or the prices are retarded.
As for Belugavape, a Korean design foundry in cahoots with Vaponaute, they also make the cool leather cases for La Petite Box.
I ordered all 3 caps on the first drop and they were at my doorstep in NorCal less than 2 days later. From Korea(!)
Not cheap but nicest caps I've ever had, seem to be on par with Munn and just a bit better than Vikset (which are awesome too but I like that Beluga keeps the same aesthetic/shape of the atty)
Never Normal stuff doesn't come close at all, if I didn't know Dillon I'd swear VandyVape was making his caps in the same factory as the Pulse.
:giggle:

Either way, aftermarket caps seem to be hotter than sh!t right now. But there are definitely differences in quality. More guys keep popping up, basically just farming the caps / rings / etc out to poly/acrylic injection molding & vacuum form facilities, packaging them with their branding and charging triple.

And with the B2K and now the GasMods G.R.1, those customizable options, price point (and availability) are changing the way people are thinking about 'high end' accessories.

VU Sponsors