Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think I can comfortably take the Flav off the list of possibilities then. No need to get one that might give me wire dimension issues. You SXK Haku thread was very informative btw. It sounds like it can handle lower resistance builds, especially if I get that PC slam cap and a batter drip tip.

Has anyone else used both the Haku and Entheon? Does either have more airflow than the other? Like I mentioned before, I'm mainly worried about my lower resistance builds getting too hot because restricted airflow. So I'm interested to know which might handle that better.
Personally didnt like the Entheon Airflow
although its supposed to be better with hadeon cap - halady type , but didnt try it.

Id go Haku over Entheon
for my preference,
But do like flave 22 best out of the 3,
you can fit some decent build under the screws against the
Airflow blocks still a good 3mm or more width.
But Haku can fit the larger more Exotic wire types easier
f9f822d253f85d6d7e1bbc5f0eec3e08.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
This ones a Tri core in there so its still got some room for builds.

hariboholmes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Like the supersonic but cant put down the le concorde RDA
nice Airflow fantastic smooth vape an Flavour

I rebuilt my Le Concorde again today after shelving it so I could play with some of my other RDAs.

There is definitely something special about it, I just love how dense the vapour it creates is and such a smooth satisfying draw :)

I must have purchased going on 20 different squonk RDA's in the last 6 months or so and apart from Narca and maybe the Airlab nothing has come close to my Le Concorde for pure squonking greatness!

I'm glad I bought a couple of spare SXK clones now as they seem to have been discontinued on FT and 3f!

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

minimag03

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wouldn't discount the Flave, it really is a great lil RSA... Like I mentioned... the only reason I traded it was due to ease of slapping in Aliens... Haku has an open post where you can slide a lead in, the Flave doesn't...and the ease of it was a difference of a few seconds...

I would buy a Flave 22 clone and the black delrin cap and use the included ultem drip tip and probably never get the warm lips as I did on my Flave 22 Ti before the adapter.

Funny thing is... that Clear slam cap I have pictured you saw...it actually has the shitty Haku Drip tip in use LOL... works well with that cap, just not on the stock one.

Honestly, the Flave was my first choice after noticing the clone was in stock. The only reason I had discounted it was for the sake of my sanity (and wallet). I'm trying to best to keep the order to one single coil RSA and one duel coil RSA (a Wotofo BF that's less than $10). I have a nasty habit of going overboard with hobbies, and don't want to start with vaping as well lol.

Personally didnt like the Entheon Airflow
although its supposed to be better with hadeon cap - halady type , but didnt try it.

Id go Haku over Entheon
for my preference,
But do like flave 22 best out of the 3,
you can fit some decent build under the screws against the
Airflow blocks still a good 3mm or more width.
But Haku can fit the larger more Exotic wire types easier
f9f822d253f85d6d7e1bbc5f0eec3e08.jpg

This ones a Tri core in there so its still got some room for builds.

Those are some beefy coils. What's the resistance on it? I'm guessing the airflow is adequate for the coil, but does the top cap get hot with that type of build?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Bah! Fight back, fight back I tell you! We the Peter Pans can win! :) :D :p

Get some more of those special cookies from @Train over there. I think @DogMan is hiding the greased lightning over his way. Cookies & shine, no better eats at all. *chuckles*
Ahh the guy I used to get shine from just had open heart surgery....
And remember I am a 900+ yr old alien.
I will continue in a new body once this one quits.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome to the club! It really is a fantastic and simple mod. I have mine designated as a backup now that I have two RSQs...butnid still use it if I were going to the beach or something. I looks perfect with the Wasp.

Let us know how you like the Le Supersonic...it’s on my list of possibles. Particularly would be interested to hear how you like it compared to the Hadaly or Wasp.
The SS has less air than Hadaly but it is the quietest rda I have. Great flavor too. If you plan on getting one, get the SXK.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What I'd like to see is more americans investing in lathes and mills.. More USA control boards like Evolv, (but a good VW is plenty).. Even more products made in bloody mexico - or even central/south-america.

Leaving all manufacturing-capacity to the vagaries of the chinese is just ..moronic. And, leaving the rest to europe is ludicrously expensive.
I used to own a lathe.But had to sell it as it was too damn big to move all the way to California.Not to mention there'd be no place to put the damn thing in a tiny apartment.

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Honestly, the Flave was my first choice after noticing the clone was in stock. The only reason I had discounted it was for the sake of my sanity (and wallet). I'm trying to best to keep the order to one single coil RSA and one duel coil RSA (a Wotofo BF that's less than $10). I have a nasty habit of going overboard with hobbies, and don't want to start with vaping as well lol.

Those are some beefy coils. What's the resistance on it? I'm guessing the airflow is adequate for the coil, but does the top cap get hot with that type of build?
It can get warm ,
Airflow is good enough to keep it from getting to hot ,
Think its 0.23 Ohm ,

RSZ1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The SS has less air than Hadaly but it is the quietest rda I have. Great flavor too. If you plan on getting one, get the SXK.

Just received my SXK Supersonic today. Stripped, washed, boiled, dried, coiled (24 gauge SS316L 2.5mm 0.3 ohm) wicked with Rayon.

Build quality is top notch. Nice atty, virtually silent. Only been vaping on it for about 15 minutes, but so far so good, very nice vape.

The only thing I can complain about so far, the post screws are very small. Not much room to trap wire. Had spun up a flat wire clapton but couldn't get the screws to trap the wire. Had to spin up a single wire 24g SS316L and barely got the wire trapped.

Last edited:

chohan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I absolutely love this thing! I was genuinely surprised that a lot of the things I had read or seen in reviews were not at all accurate for me. The squonk bottle comes out very easily with no mess or issues (probably was my biggest fear), the battery door lever stays up with no issues at all it doesn't flop and is not loose, the fire button is not cheap feeling or loose/wiggly, and the magnetic door doesn't flap open when squonking (I can make it very slightly move if I really try but like 1-2mm at most). Overall I am blown away. Feels great, works perfectly, looks amazing, and I have nothing I can knock it on. I'm a pretty critical guy too, I'm not one to gush, I usually pick everything apart. The only things I could possibly say is that one of the two hex screws on the top of the mod has some of its black coating missing and I ordered a spare squonk bottle and it was just loose in the shipping box. That is as bad as I can do and that is beyond nit-picky. Great little squonker!

That looks great... love those colors.

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think I can comfortably take the Flav off the list of possibilities then. No need to get one that might give me wire dimension issues. You SXK Haku thread was very informative btw. It sounds like it can handle lower resistance builds, especially if I get that PC slam cap and a batter drip tip.

Has anyone else used both the Haku and Entheon? Does either have more airflow than the other? Like I mentioned before, I'm mainly worried about my lower resistance builds getting too hot because restricted airflow. So I'm interested to know which might handle that better.
I have a flave 24 clone lots room for build and good flavor.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Actually, you need multiple personalities to follow the three or four concurrent discussions. It doesn't help that some people are referring to comments made two or three pages ago.
Multiple personalities I got... Time to track all of this, not so much

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Noone here would go overboard buying vape stuff....... Hmmm..... Hummmm

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Heya Bonkz,
Breaking in here when I have a minute, been busy as a nutter working on a cool 1978 themed project..been mining for soundtrack music the past week... leaving for Europe now in just over a month (Fcuk!) ..and with around -$17 to my name.
Was actually messaging with our Lady Juicy over the weekend and told her I’m leaving VU ...just not feelin the fire like I used to & need to focus on some kinda important life stuff. High time to tone down my obsession with fiddly bits!
Annnd speaking of, my travel rigs are all dialed in.. and not a squonk or RDA in sight (?!)
(I know..I know...shaddup)
Gonna be rocking the Rev4a and a couple Petite Box’s.. was able to score the uber-limited white and red leather sleeves.. so as you can imagine I’ve had a big Vaponaute chubby ever since.
And damn if I don’t still totally love the Herakles Nano. With the Lawless tips it’s just pure butter...

View attachment 107980

Butt... to keep it a squonky post, check out the new beauty coming soon from Stratum OLC, machined delrin 18650

View attachment 107982

View attachment 107981

So, that’s about it here for me dudes & juicydudette.. it’s been fun!
Happy to add you on Facebook or send ya a postcard from Paris...
Shoot me a PM

Big hugs & keep on’ poking, ya crazies

SEACREST OUT.
Too bad you don't like us anymore! Stay well and enjoy, drop by when you can!
Oh yeah, if you ever decide to part with a Supersonic, please let me know:vino:

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@snake94115 I feel yer pain.. I miss having a basement and barn full of tools for all the "Mr. Fixit" cases.

Mini lathe/mill is still a pretty serious investment - bits and whatnot - and in an apartment is likely still too noisy,

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just received my SXK Supersonic today. Stripped, washed, boiled, dried, coiled (24 gauge SS316L 2.5mm 0.3 ohm) wicked with Rayon.

Build quality is top notch. Nice atty, virtually silent. Only been vaping on it for about 15 minutes, but so far so good, very nice vape.

The only thing I can complain about so far, the post screws are very small. Not much room to trap wire. Had spun up a flat wire clapton but couldn't get the screws to trap the wire. Had to spin up a single wire 26g SS316L and barely got the wire trapped.
I love it. I've got two of them

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It never used to be that hard because there was only like 10 reg in here daily. Now that there's more and more people I can understand how it has gotten really difficult.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
It's a good thing that more people are interested in squonking now I think.Or squonking would stagnate and die off.Just like the Dodo.

dodo-03.jpg

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wouldn't discount the Flave, it really is a great lil RSA... Like I mentioned... the only reason I traded it was due to ease of slapping in Aliens... Haku has an open post where you can slide a lead in, the Flave doesn't...and the ease of it was a difference of a few seconds...

I would buy a Flave 22 clone and the black delrin cap and use the included ultem drip tip and probably never get the warm lips as I did on my Flave 22 Ti before the adapter.

Funny thing is... that Clear slam cap I have pictured you saw...it actually has the shitty Haku Drip tip in use LOL... works well with that cap, just not on the stock one.
The SS atty you sent me was a Flav 22 correct?
My coffee just wore off I can't remember shit at this point.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Actually, you need multiple personalities to follow the three or four concurrent discussions. It doesn't help that some people are referring to comments made two or three pages ago.
I was only 1 page behind...Have a nice day sir!

I had to add that last bit.Take it easy bubba!

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

The only thing I can complain about so far, the post screws are very small. Not much room to trap wire. Had spun up a flat wire clapton but couldn't get the screws to trap the wire. Had to spin up a single wire 26g SS316L and barely got the wire trapped.
If you got a pair of tin snips just use those to trim the ends of the flat-wire.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@snake94115 I feel yer pain.. I miss having a basement and barn full of tools for all the "Mr. Fixit" cases.

Mini lathe/mill is still a pretty serious investment - bits and whatnot - and in an apartment is likely still too noisy,
Yeah especially our building I'm pretty certain the walls are toilet tissue thin.
1 of our stupid neighbors called the cops on us.Said we were fighting.:crazy:
Problem is my wife wasn't even home at the time.:crazy:
Oh did I mention until the police knocked I was asleep?:crazy:
So not sure what the neighbor is smoking/drinking.:crazy:

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Got all my Lightning vapes wire at Amazon too.
But they no longer sell LV wire there.
@The Cromwell

I did that too a long time ago. I got a few spools each of 24g-28g Kanthal, as well as some Kanthal flat ribbon wire. I'm down to only a few feet left on each spool.

I wish there is a Temco bundle in different gauges on Amazon, but the Temco single spools are ~$5-$7 ea, so getting all these gauges costs more than double of this 'RBA Depot' brand.

I've got this one in my cart for $14, bundled with some other items (see below*):

https://www.amazon.com/Pack-Gauge-25FT-50FT-Kanthal-Resistance/dp/B076CG4LVT

716KfSn2fGL._SL1000_.jpg

Anyone got experience with this wire? Any glaring reason NOT to buy?

Please advise.

* one of the other items is:
Beadalon 25-Piece Spool Tamer Set
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KAZ137Y

I gotta get the spool tamers, since due to hand problems, I've had wire unspool on me too many times, and it's a PITA to fix.

Why Amazon? Free 2-day shipping with Prime. Might as well use it. :)

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@The Cromwell

I did that too a long time ago. I got a few spools each of 24g-28g Kanthal, as well as some Kanthal flat ribbon wire. I'm down to only a few feet left on each spool.

I wish there is a Temco bundle in different gauges on Amazon, but the Temco single spools are ~$5-$7 ea, so getting all these gauges costs more than double of this 'RBA Depot' brand.

I've got this one in my cart for $14, bundled with some other items (see below*):

716KfSn2fGL._SL1000_.jpg

Anyone got experience with this wire? Any glaring reason NOT to buy?

Please advise.

* one of the other items is:
Beadalon 25-Piece Spool Tamer Set

I gotta get the spool tamers, since due to hand problems, I've had wire unspool on me too many times, and it's a PITA to fix.

Why Amazon? Free 2-day shipping with Prime. Might as well use it. :)

I only use round wire coils so my 300 ft of 26ga SS316l will last me around 10 years or more.
Been vaping 3 years and have yet to go thru a 100 ft spool. Been using 26ga SS for 2 years... 100 ft spool is about 1/2 empty.
I also have a couple hundred ft of 27, 28, 25 and 24 ga. All of which I got on a 50% off sale. Except for 1 spool of 25ga.

And I have 5-600 ft of Kanthal that I may never use since I switched to SS.

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Around 0.50 ohms seems a good 'sweet spot' build for a few of us. I will at times drop to around 0.30 ohms depending on the RDA, usually bigger chambered ones. Have tried down to around 0.20 ohms and found it too hot for me no matter the RDA. Others might go even lower, more luck to them I say.
@MyMagicMist

Yes, it seems that the Pulse 22 needs a lower resistance (0.25 Ohms) for me to get any kind of decent vape out of it on a mech squonker, and also the same with the Druga 22.

The Nuge 22 and Wasp Nano seem to be designed better in that with a 0.50 Ohm build, they can deliver a similar experience.

Welcome to the world of single coil flavor chasers...
The big guys aren't quite getting it yet...
It's a whole nother world from 120w chunky dual coil setups. I'm able to get a great vape and great battery life running around 10a...
Some RSAs to try:
O-atty
Hadaly
Narda/Narca
Hussar
GR1
You'll find these, and similar far outshine the pulse/dead rabbit/nudge/etc that are trying to jump on the RSA scene.
Everything now a days comes with a squonk pin because it's the newest 'big thing'... Don't mean they're designed for squonking ;)
@troydestroy

Thanks, but I've already ended my vape gear purchasing run now for a long time. I'm simply not interested in more/other RDAs/RSAs now. There are very little funds in the vape budget, so I gotta go with what I have in hand, while being able to keep buying wire, cotton and DIY juice components...

I've got my 3-2-1 backup in place. (3) Primary daily unit, (2) a backup to that, and then (2) the 'oh sh*t' backup to that.

3 is 2 - 2 is 1 - 1 is none.

I've got this now with drippers, tanks, and squonkers in 9 setups total, so I am prepared for any device failure and well protected against temptation to start smoking in case of multiple device failures.

I am not a collector nor seduced by the hype. I do lots of reading and research before every purchase, and the 'vape-gear-of-the-week' train is not something I have interest in riding into oblivion. Some folks love this aspect of vaping, and God bless them. If that's what gives them joy, I'm all for it.

I know lots of folks love those attys you mentioned, but I'm good now. I prefer to spend time perfecting the build to the attys that I have, for my own preferences. Each one has a sweet spot, and the challenge and fun, is finding that sweet spot.

Oh and I'll leave you with a hint... Restricted direct lung. Try it :)

Yep, been going that way lately. Like the carburetor in a gasoline engine, if you close the afc down, you can get more flavor & heat out the drip tip, with less watts, by running a more 'rich' mixture.

Nudge 22 and Wasp Nano are very efficient IMHO, with cap design, coil placement, and airflow design, and this allows for higher Ohm builds, and lower watts, which also extends battery run-time on a mech as well as a regulated squonker...

Thanks for all the info guys. :)

voicenyerhed

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sticky rice like in sushi? Different flavor I assume.lol

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I believe it's the same type. It's a Thai dessert

There are more than one kind of sticky rice. Sushi rice is one, but most Asian cultures also have a dessert rice. In Korea (my peeps) they have a sticky rice that is sweet & formed into rice balls. It literally has sugar added to the rice.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I would have to Google almost every word in this paragraph to understand any of it besides it's "food".

I agree, all of that sounds like a list of things that Anthony Bourdain would order off a menu in some far away place. Far away from me in NE USA anyway...

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
My squeeze/wasp Le Supersonic and assorted goodies from FT arrived safely! :vapemail:

Dumbass postal person put it in my neighbours box. Good thing my neighbour doesn't vape.

Opened the package quickly, no time to mess around this afternoon, but DAMN is that squeeze TINY!
Great that you finally got it and no one stole it.
I started using the Signature Confirmation option whenever I can.
That way if i'm not home, they keep it at the Post Office for me.
You being in Canada, I don't know your similar options

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Only option is to try find either larger headed post screws or some smaller washers , that might help grip some fatter wires , maybe some m1.6
Or m2 washers under post screws that should make head a little bigger to catch the wire ?

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have 20 dollars if someone Has a wasp that they bought when they first came out that they don't like. Ultum preferred.

VU Sponsors