Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Bonk, Bonk, Bonk!

Got a liter of 18mg per ml Nicotine in all VG heading my way from Heartland Vapes. Bought a few non-vaping items from FastTech. Saw the Wofoto Serpent rda. Anyone given it a go? Thoughts, opinions?
15% off nic. Father’s Day sale at Heartland this weekend...
Code: FATHERS18
Enter code on the "ShoppingCart" page

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Bonk, Bonk, Bonk!

Got a liter of 18mg per ml Nicotine in all VG heading my way from Heartland Vapes. Bought a few non-vaping items from FastTech. Saw the Wofoto Serpent rda. Anyone given it a go? Thoughts, opinions?

After experimenting with nic salts base for DIY from Nicotine River, I was just looking to see if they had a sale.

I was considering getting 60ml of their 250mg/ml 'Smooth' PureNic Salts in 100% VG, which is priced @ $30 + 'ground' shipping.

Which my my rough calculations will let me create ~14.5x 1-liter bottles of a nic concentration of 4.5mg/ml (higher than that and I get nic sick, I am at a max of 1.7mg/ml with freebase nic before getting nic sick, regardless of resistance or power).

I've been using the Essentials Depot Palm-Derived VG in 1-liter bottles from Amazon for ~$13 via Prime for the past year to dilute down my mixes. I would have gotten the plain VG from Nicotine River but they want another $9 to ship the 1-liter bottle of VG on top of the nic salts concentrate, so shipping ends up costing 3/4 the price of the items I am buying when I add it all up. No thanks.

I do not yet see a sale for Nicotine River nor Nude Nicotine. I wonder if they will have one now.

What brand is the nic from Heartland? Do they have the data sheets for the testing results available for viewing?

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Thanks for that info. Are you going to by some stuff from Heartland during the sale?

If so, what are you getting? :)

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
After experimenting with nic salts base for DIY from Nicotine River, I was just looking to see if they had a sale.

I was considering getting 60ml of their 250mg/ml 'Smooth' PureNic Salts in 100% VG, which is priced @ $30 + 'ground' shipping.

Which my my rough calculations will let me create ~14.5x 1-liter bottles of a nic concentration of 4.5mg/ml (higher than that and I get nic sick, I am at a max of 1.7mg/ml with freebase nic before getting nic sick, regardless of resistance or power).

I've been using the Essentials Depot Palm-Derived VG in 1-liter bottles from Amazon for ~$13 via Prime for the past year to dilute down my mixes. I would have gotten the plain VG from Nicotine River but they want another $9 to ship the 1-liter bottle of VG on top of the nic salts concentrate, so shipping ends up costing 3/4 the price of the items I am buying when I add it all up. No thanks.

I do not yet see a sale for Nicotine River nor Nude Nicotine. I wonder if they will have one now.

What brand is the nic from Heartland? Do they have the data sheets for the testing results available for viewing?
IF your order totals $50 or more, you get free shipping from Nicotine River.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Drats! I missed it. Besides I wasn't getting plain old nic. I got a base juice instead, unflavored.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Not yet tried using salts. Kind of weary of doing that as I know how my mind drifts at times, and really know I'd probably need to exercise more caution w/ salts. I might could do it and be fine. Just not gotten that far yet.

Excuse me, yes i backtracked this. Need to check on number 62, he's into something in the kitchen.

Not sure on the brand exactly. First time I've bought from them and wasn't paying too much attention. I did see they data sheets available for perusing, yes. I was adjusting to spending an extra 15 or so bucks, telling myself that in this case it was a good idea due to quantity.

I was getting a 240ml bottle of base from another vendor for around $20 USD. Saw that Heartland had a liter for just around $35 +S&H which was for me their "flat" rate of around $8, they choose how to ship, (usually UPS"Brown"). It got to TN from OK last night local EST around 21:00, had left out there local 19:00. Me and wife were trying to recall the offset but left it kind of nebulous.

I figure no later than Tue. I'll have it, possibly by !7:00 this evening. Brown makes no residential drops after 17:00 as per policy, or so one of them told us. I think that's a reasonable policy too, folks getting decompressed, supper.

And I'm blaming Tony, @f1r3b1rd ... I went and spent around $8 for an SXK e-Phoenix style (Improved Version). I hear you out there singing your little Phoenix song to lull me away from singing my ChiNaRDA song. I see how it goes now, someone needs to take away your Jedi mind tricks, or maybe lob a silly putty(tm) made spork(tm) in your general direction.

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Not yet tried using salts. Kind of weary of doing that as I know how my mind drifts at times, and really know I'd probably need to exercise more caution w/ salts. I might could do it and be fine. Just not gotten that far yet.

Excuse me, yes i backtracked this. Need to check on number 62, he's into something in the kitchen.

Not sure on the brand exactly. First time I've bought from them and wasn't paying too much attention. I did see they data sheets available for perusing, yes. I was adjusting to spending an extra 15 or so bucks, telling myself that in this case it was a good idea due to quantity.

I was getting a 240ml bottle of base from another vendor for around $20 USD. Saw that Heartland had a liter for just around $35 +S&H which was for me their "flat" rate of around $8, they choose how to ship, (usually UPS"Brown"). It got to TN from OK last night local EST around 21:00, had left out there local 19:00. Me and wife were trying to recall the offset but left it kind of nebulous.

I figure no later than Tue. I'll have it, possibly by !7:00 this evening. Brown makes no residential drops after 17:00 as per policy, or so one of them told us. I think that's a reasonable policy too, folks getting decompressed, supper.

And I'm blaming Tony, @f1r3b1rd ... I went and spent around $8 for an SXK e-Phoenix style (Improved Version). I hear you out there singing your little Phoenix song to lull me away from singing my ChiNaRDA song. I see how it goes now, someone needs to take away your Jedi mind tricks, or maybe lob a silly putty(tm) made spork(tm) in your general direction.
You are most welcome :giggle:

Lmao!!!

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
GF has my 3rd b2k deck. Do I steal it back? Lol. Also think I'm going to switch to black only bottles.
0c011106c65ac9ccecf659092a5bc4b2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That green door so sweet man.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Nice to hear that because I wasn't sure how I felt about it. Get a black bottle in there and it'll be a sweet set up I suppose.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Nice to hear that because I wasn't sure how I felt about it. Get a black bottle in there and it'll be a sweet set up I suppose.

I love how black bottles look, but found them to be a total PITA as far as being able to assess volume

Last edited:

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Yea a black bottle would look real nice

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
See black is cooler
8bea8a429bca21d37cb2a49da13fd472.jpg
c620f6f95c45ee563b4607445bbfdbbe.jpg

I sold my GR1 but out of curiosity are you using that with the more open of the airflow inserts? Mine whistled like a mother and I could t get it stop no matter how I positioned the coil.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I sold my GR1 but out of curiosity are you using that with the more open of the airflow inserts? Mine whistled like a mother and I could t get it stop no matter how I positioned the coil.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
I am using the wide open inserts. Mine whistles every once in a while. Sounds like it's sucking air from somewhere it shouldn't be. Like between the inserts and deck or between the deck and cap.

At first I thought I had too much juice build up between the deck and cap so I wiped it out and it fixed it but that doesn't always work. Overall I really like it. I'll try Google.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am using the wide open inserts. Mine whistles every once in a while. Sounds like it's sucking air from somewhere it shouldn't be. Like between the inserts and deck or between the deck and cap.

At first I thought I had too much juice build up between the deck and cap so I wiped it out and it fixed it but that doesn't always work. Overall I really like it. I'll try Google.

It definitely looks good on the Molly

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I know exactly what you mean!!! Same - it's like something weird is happening airflow-wise, like some flow between the cap. It's a bit gurgly, but looks good enuf on this setup that I've kept it running...
:):)
bluebluemolly.jpg

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I know exactly what you mean!!! Same - it's like something weird is happening airflow-wise, like some flow between the cap. It's a bit gurgly, but looks good enuf on this setup that I've kept it running...
:):)
View attachment 113846
Nice set up! Lol yeah exactly as you said, it's sucking air, juice and gurgling more than whistling.

Have you changed the orings on the inserts? I haven't tried that.

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Honestly, tried, and tried, and failed.
Now that you remind me - one of them might be in there with NO o-ring, as I could.not.get.it to stay on...

Nice set up! Lol yeah exactly as you said, it's sucking air, juice and gurgling more than whistling.

Have you changed the orings on the inserts? I haven't tried that.

fartbubble

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Have to say that those square bottles that Mum is selling have become my go to bottle. The dimensions are perfect for most of my squonks (Octo still the oddball for almost everything). Don’t leak out the cap either which is nice and the right amount of squish

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I'm too old and lazy to suffer to look cool :giggle:
I'm with Lucy here. My eyesight is declining fast enough and I dont need to strain nor get a flashlight to shine into a dark bottle to see the juice level, White bottles for me all the way.

Doors, top-caps and drip-tips I can customize the color, but I like my bottles as translucent as possible...

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
In reality, the first black bottle I got looked soooooo coooool on Scarlett that I immediately went online and bought at least a dozen more black ones before I even finished the first bottle.

Then the problems with old eyes that wear trifocals in a deep dark Alaska winter....

You make anything you use look cool just by holding it. I can't do that. I must compensate

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Never really thought about having to see juice level... I hear the air sound when its empty I refill and change the battery ;)

Guess if you're leaving the house for a spell it might be significant, but I also just top off and swap the battery before I'd leave anyhow.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Those square Cappy bottles are pretty sweet. Wouldn't mind having more of those.

I owned one, was in the Molly I sold recently... Looks great...just didn't have the same resistance in feel when I would squonk as the round Cappy.

Worst bottle was in the GooberFet...straight hated that bottle.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I owned one, was in the Molly I sold recently... Looks great...just didn't have the same resistance in feel when I would squonk as the round Cappy.

Worst bottle was in the GooberFet...straight hated that bottle.
I have 2 ultem ones. It does feel different. With a round bottle you can feel more resistance when the juice starts going up but with the square, it feels the same no matter how hard you squeeze. If that makes any sense.

jcash74

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have 2 ultem ones. It does feel different. With a round bottle you can feel more resistance when the juice starts going up but with the square, it feels the same no matter how hard you squeeze. If that makes any sense.

I love that bottle! Is there anywhere you can still buy them? I looked a bit but didn't find them in the us.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Edit: wicks and wires (Canada) has them https://www.wicksandwires.com/produ...silicone-bottle-kit-im-infinity-mods-x-sunbox
Edit 2: $18.93 + $10.85 for shipping.... Nevermind, maybe I just like the bottle.

Last edited:

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I love that bottle! Is there anywhere you can still buy them? I looked a bit but didn't find them in the us.

Edit: wicks and wires (Canada) has them https://www.wicksandwires.com/produ...silicone-bottle-kit-im-infinity-mods-x-sunbox
Edit 2: $18.93 + $10.85 for shipping.... Nevermind, maybe I just like the bottle.

I got it from Mojo Vapor here in San Diego...not sure if they still have them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey guys....need some guidance. A local guy is selling an arkon carbon 21700 mod and an entheon. He's looking for $200 or maybe less... should I jump on this or not? I've been kicking around getting a rage to run some of my larger squonk rdas.... but this setup seems like it would be a steal

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hey guys....need some guidance. A local guy is selling an arkon carbon 21700 mod and an entheon. He's looking for $200 or maybe less... should I jump on this or not? I've been kicking around getting a rage to run some of my larger squonk rdas.... but this setup seems like it would be a steal

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Not a fan of Arkons, so I feel it's overpriced.

Look at it this way...what other mods are you wanting that is around the same price and RSA?

Me, I'd buy another Venna RSA, pico squeeze, silly-cone bottles, 4 batteries, and still have enough for a #1 Double Double with Animal Style fries and a coke from In-n-Out

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I am trying to find some information for my husband. He does not like DIY coils at all. He is trying to find a squonker atty that uses factory coils. Even more, he wants one that he can put a 510 tip on.
Is there any such thing? If so, please steer me in the direction to where I can compare what is available.

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I am trying to find some information for my husband. He does not like DIY coils at all. He is trying to find a squonker atty that uses factory coils. Even more, he wants one that he can put a 510 tip on.
Is there any such thing? If so, please steer me in the direction to where I can compare what is available.
A few posts (or pages) back in this thread there was talk about the Ijoy SRDA, which has a pre-built deck with coils permanently installed, and you screw that into the base. You only have to re-wick it when the cotton goes bad, and you can buy the decks individually when the coils eventually go bad (months), and IIRC it has an 810 drip tip, but you can get an 810-to-510 drip tip adapter for a few dollars if it does not come with one, and then put any 510 drip tip on it.

I think that is likely the only way to squonk without actually building or installing coils.

Otherwise you can buy pre-wrapped coils from places like Lightning Vapes, Advanced Vape Supply, Pure Coils, and then you have to install and tweak them into the RDA, and cut the leads, and also wick/re-wick them.

So maybe look at the Ijoy SRDA and see if that will work:
https://www.ijoycig.com/product/IJOY_COMBO_SRDA.html

Also, you should watch some YT videos on how it works, like from Daniel DJLSB and Tony B from 'The Vapor Trail Channel' to get an idea of what it will take to keep using this atomizer.

DISCLAIMER: I've never used one of these and build my own coils, so I cannot speak from experience, but I thought this item would be really for a niche market like for people with motor-skill problems etc..

EDIT: Also, AVOID getting the Ijoy CAPO kit that comes with the 100W squonk mod, since it only gets to 100W if you will build your own coils (around 0.17 Ohm) and only has a circuit to BUCK the voltage from the battery and not BOOST the voltage, so it works as a protected mech mod, similar to the Pico Squeeze or Luxotic BF, and since he is going to be limited to the coil decks offered by iJoy, and whatever resistance they come out to, there really is no comtrol of the output on that Ijoy CAPO 100W squonk mod.

You can do a lot better with a fully regulated squonker like the RSQ, Hcigar VT Inbox v3, or Pulse 80w, and also the new Pico Squeeze 2, where they will in fact allow you to boost the battery voltage..

Last edited:

jcash74

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not a fan of Arkons, so I feel it's overpriced.

Look at it this way...what other mods are you wanting that is around the same price and RSA?

Me, I'd buy another Venna RSA, pico squeeze, silly-cone bottles, 4 batteries, and still have enough for a #1 Double Double with Animal Style fries and a coke from In-n-Out

What is animal style fries? I've only tried in n out Burger once when I was in Vegas.

VU Sponsors