Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I make brooms... No, really... Some of you might have seen them. If not, let me know and I'll post a pic. They're maden1 at a time. They last roughly 20 years. They're beautiful (if I must say so myself) and functional. In the last decade or so, I've developed/continued on with about 20 styles. I understand the need to keep innovating, but also like beautiful, functional, durable products.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk
I might wanna check those out. The wife is in need of a new convertible for her Quidditch matches.
e56e1ba963084f0bded8e57ac488e8e2.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
So Vandy vape and TonyB announced the Pulse X 90 21700.

This piss off anyone else?

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

Sneak peek here:

I'm not pissed since I never got on the Pulse 80w hype train and am pretty happy with my original Pulse BF mech squonker.

The drama with Voopoo's Gene chip really turned me off and I dont want to be thinking about that when I vape, and in reaction/rebellion to the Pulse 80w drama and overwhelming hype, I turned left and instead bought the VTInbox v3 from another VU member here, in near-mint condition that came with a new-in-box/never-used Wasp Nano for $60. Inbox v3 performs well and the TC with the DNA75 is spot on for me. No regrets on the Inbox v3.

On regulated, I never vape above 30w, so I am perfectly happy with 18650 batteries.

Last edited:

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So about the Skyfall RSA...I think I like it now lol

Swapped it over to a Pico running a .38 N80 3mm Fused in it, with barely the second hole of the medium disc showing and its a pleasant flavorful vape...with the addition of the CSMNT Ultem 510/810 drip tip.

My earlier impressions of it being to airy still stands, but after a full day of using it, its really pretty good; the one thing I liked about the Goon RDA was even with the AF choked down to one hole, it never became turbulent and always wanted a Goon 22, how the AF feels with one hole on this RSA is similar to how the Goon feels...just with more flavor.

Again, the DT that comes with it....shit.

733bde30721dfb627c4fcd9f3e088fe5.jpg

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This week will be 4 years ago that I got my REO Grand. Stayed away from all forums until last September. Was completely flabbergasted at all the new squonk gear.
My Mini Stinger will be here Monday and
my MF bridges arrive in a couple weeks I think I'm going to do a FB group purge and take a VU hiatus. Not sure it will be four years long, but I need a solid break I think.

Sent from the Death Star

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Been vaping over 3.5 years.
Took me over 2.5 of those to get over shinyitis.

I can now watch reviews, chat on here and such and have no real desire to buy new stuff.
And no rehab was required.

does not mean that i will never buy any more stuff...
If eleaf had just made the 18650 Pico Squeeze into a regulated squonker I would have bought that.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
These YT reviewers and their mods and they still can't make a better squonker than the Pico ;) or come close to its price point.

I am being snobby and won't buy reviewer-designed gear, period

(That Pulse mistake doesn't count, was an on-going out-of-town squonk emergency, and it just sucked worse than I thought it would)

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am being snobby and won't buy reviewer-designed gear, period

(That Pulse mistake doesn't count, was an on-going out-of-town squonk emergency, and it just sucked worse than I thought it would)
The pulse 22 wasn't bad recurve isn't bad. That being said there are alot better options nowadays just as cheap. Alot of money out there and everyone of those guys is jumping in to get some of it. The most glaring to me besides Tony is the drop and then you come out with a solo. Lol

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
The pulse 22 wasn't bad recurve isn't bad. That being said there are alot better options nowadays just as cheap. Alot of money out there and everyone of those guys is jumping in to get some of it. The most glaring to me besides Tony is the drop and then you come out with a solo. Lol

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

See, that's the thing; if it was great stuff, I'd go for it. Okay, good, not bad, not shit, there is already plenty of that to go around already these days so I will not encourage that nonsense by purchasing it

With that said, I don't fault these guys for wanting to make a buck, but none has really hit it for how I like to vape

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
How's the squeeze project progressing?

still drying :D

the dripbox [that i don't actually have any internals for] is my favourite at this point

will dry eventually. Since i added alkyd, 3 months might dry them enough, but 6 is safer :)

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Must admit that when I started this thread, i did not expect 40,000 replies
That was 2-1/2 years ago.

So many people have finally seen the light since then.

I kinda figured it would happen sooner or later. I remember walking into several vape shops in 2014 and 2015, when the hot setup was still an RDA on top of a tube mech. None of them had ever seen or hear of squonker. "How does that work?" So I showed 'em, and the reaction was always pretty much the same: "Wow, an honest-to-goodness RDA but you don't have to drip!"

Mind you, most of them weren't impressed by my small-chambered, MTL RDAs, but they could see the potential even if they were DL cloud chasers...

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
See, that's the thing; if it was great stuff, I'd go for it. Okay, good, not bad, not shit, there is already plenty of that to go around already these days so I will not encourage that nonsense by purchasing it

With that said, I don't fault these guys for wanting to make a buck, but none has really hit it for how I like to vape

i saw a long ranty video by twisted420 about how youtube had fucked them over by changing how ads work

i think a bunch are trying to make up for it by designing gear

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
i saw a long ranty video by twisted420 about how youtube had fucked them over by changing how ads work

Twisted was the first to brand a mod that I remember, then Rip

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I kinda figured it would happen sooner or later. I remember walking into several vape shops in 2014 and 2015, when the hot setup was still an RDA on top of a tube mech. None of them had ever seen or hear of squonker. "How does that work?" So I showed 'em, and the reaction was always pretty much the same: "Wow, an honest-to-goodness RDA but you don't have to drip!"

Mind you, most of them weren't impressed by my small-chambered, MTL RDAs, but they could see the potential even if they were DL cloud chasers...

remember thinking 2015 was the year of the squonker? and i think july was a peak month, with custom classic and the kiwi mods entering the scene

3 or 4 new squonkers, and that was impressive

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

It's a common theme with the YouTubers. They de-monetized all the videos having anything to do with vaping so now they don't get any ad revenue. They're also letting their nanny-bots' algorithm hand out strikes for content that's "against their user policy" or take down entire channels without N actual review of said content.

Sent from the Death Star

RSZ1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Really nothing out there right now that looks remotely interesting. My Squeeze/Krma combo is doing the job admirably and the Billet Box as the side show is keeping my satisfied. Regret not just getting a Pico Squeeze last fall and skipping the rest of the BS mods.

The Analogue Box Mods DNA75C 20700 squonker is not bad. It's big and bulky. For $150 I'd rather have a (or 7) Pico Squeeze.

Hcigar Inbox isn't terrible, but the bottle system is a pit of a pain, the mouth of the bottle stretches out over a couple weeks and then no longer squonks. Battery life on a DNA 75 is dreadful. For $70 I'd rather have 4 more Squeezes.

Luxotic isn't a bad mod, the internal leaking is a deal breaker.. Otherwise would have been pretty good.

Narda clone is a pretty good vape, build is a pain in the butt.
Hadaly clone is pretty good, prone to easily oversquonk.
B2K is pretty good.. The legs in the deck thing is kinda meh to me.
Le Supersonic clone is pretty good. Too big for a Squeeze though.
Le Concord clone is pretty good. 22mm perfect on a Squeeze.
The Wasp for me is a fail. Regret buying that. Good thing it was cheap.
Hellfire V2 clone is pretty good for a tiny little thing.
Origen Little 16 clone is pretty good, build is a bit of a pain.
Dead Rabbit is pretty good. Needs lots of power, best suited for dual battery squonk.
KRMA clone is very good. Flavor, airflow, build ease, hard to oversquonk. Checks all the boxes and current favorite.

I think that pretty much sums up my squonk related purchases over the last 11 months.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's a common theme with the YouTubers. They de-monetized all the videos having anything to do with vaping so now they don't get any ad revenue. They're also letting their nanny-bots' algorithm hand out strikes for content that's "against their user policy" or take down entire channels without N actual review of said content.

Sent from the Death Star
Youtube is theirs and it is supposedly a for profit outfit.
Unfortunately many popular reviewers have gone the for profit route.

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
remember thinking 2015 was the year of the squonker? and i think july was a peak month, with custom classic and the kiwi mods entering the scene

3 or 4 new squonkers, and that was impressive
I thought might happen in 2014, with Peter making something that was far better/nicer than a REO, and then then the GDNA and PEKO printed mods.

But the reality is, nothing really takes off until the Chinese make it on the cheap for the masses.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I thought might happen in 2014, with Peter making something that was far better/nicer than a REO, and then then the GDNA and PEKO printed mods.

But the reality is, nothing really takes off until the Chinese make it on the cheap for the masses.
Had all of those. Although my first dibi was second hand. My peko did lots of rounds of pif, getting people squonking

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I still have my v1.0 (Beta!) PeKo. It's the mod I take out on the beach, primarily 'cause my stainless steel CeeCee is to heavy to carry comfortably.

Did you do the BeCu strip mod on dibis?

Back when mechs had fuses

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Did you do the BeCu strip mod on dibis?
Back when mechs had fuses
No, I kept the fuses on the orginal dibi-sumpins. I don't build under 0.5, so the voltage drop across the fuse is not a big bother.

My dibi-sumpins are all retired, because the l'il pinch really is a better mod, but I would never sell them. In fact, I should get display case made for them.

RSZ1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I still have my v1.0 (Beta!) PeKo. It's the mod I take out on the beach, primarily 'cause my stainless steel CeeCee is to heavy to carry comfortably.

My Peko sits in my Vape Hall of Fame with my REO. Loved that little mod, but I always had trouble with the button. Last time I used it, I was at my local fire extinguisher supplier having my Co2 tank filled. When I came back out to the car, it was filled with smoke/vapor. The Peko had autofired in my brand new couple month old car. That was the end of the Peko's useful life.
:kickbutt::giggle:

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My Peko sits in my Vape Hall of Fame with my REO. Loved that little mod, but I always had trouble with the button. Last time I used it, I was at my local fire extinguisher supplier having my Co2 tank filled. When I came back out to the car, it was filled with smoke/vapor. The Peko had autofired in my brand new couple month old car. That was the end of the Peko's useful life.
:kickbutt::giggle:

3d printed before it was cool

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
The Peko had autofired in my brand new couple month old car.
Never had that problem, but then I never liked the way the button worked with the lever-arm hardware that connects it to the 510, so I used a short piece of high-flex silicone-insulated wire instead:

BG6yNNK.jpg

The result is a button that moves straight up and down, and doesn't hang...

b.m.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

They were really late around here.I went to a pretty big vape meet in late 2016,and nobody there seemed to know what a bottom feed mod was.I had at least 100 people ask me why i cut a hole in the side of my mod haha,and some of those that asked were vendors.I was using a Vaporflask squonker at the time,and that was the big question was why i ruined that mod haha,i spent a good amount of time that day showing people how it worked.

VU Sponsors