Become a Patron!

Stand alone flavours

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you
that lemon cake tastes a lot like eating those little lemon shortbread type cookies..make a batch at 3 or 4%,, about 10mls...........try not to vape it in a day,,,,,,,,cuz day 2 is even better. then the next batch you will adjust your % more to your liking. i can only find small bottles of the flavor, i wanted something like 4oz,,,,,,may have to just buy many little bottles.

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Lol. I do it all the time. I sniff them too. One thing I learned is to have a drink near by to wash down that flavor incase it's super potent or nasty...like jalapeno.
Lol
Lol. I do it all the time. I sniff them too. One thing I learned is to have a drink near by to wash down that flavor incase it's super potent or nasty...like jalapeno.
Lol, note to self must have plenty of Gin&tonic to wash ejuice down.

Last edited:

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You ever try Inw Raspberry? That's a good one to me. I am not a tobacco person either, but a buddy shared some flavors with me. FA honey is too much for me even at .15%… so I tried the tfa black honey tabacco instead. It gave off a nice lighter honey taste. To me 7 leaves is more herby/grassy with anise. I really like it. But then I like Zen garden tastes like basil to me and cardamom, black pepper and spices. Not for everyone.

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
that lemon cake tastes a lot like eating those little lemon shortbread type cookies..make a batch at 3 or 4%,, about 10mls...........try not to vape it in a day,,,,,,,,cuz day 2 is even better. then the next batch you will adjust your % more to your liking. i can only find small bottles of the flavor, i wanted something like 4oz,,,,,,may have to just buy many little bottles.
Thank you again. I am seriously overwelmed by the responses l have received.

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
it wont hurt you if you just drip a drop on your finger and let the biggest part of the drop run off then touch it to your tongue I do that all the time to get an idea about what its like. cap flavors are pretty hot though. I make sure to have a bottle of water handy. lol
I plan to have Gin&tonic to hand,lol

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you again. I am seriously overwelmed by the responses l have received.
i need to buy some FA cookie,, never have. but right now i am nearly willing to stop mixing and just stick with INW Lemon Cake. ........that said,, my recipes are getting better. i like stronger flavors,,, my espresso coffee with bavarian cream 4/4 (or 3 bc) is also 1 i could vape most of the time......although,, i would say it is too strong for most people unless they are extreme coffee drinkers.

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
i need to buy some FA cookie,, never have. but right now i am nearly willing to stop mixing and just stick with INW Lemon Cake. ........that said,, my recipes are getting better. i like stronger flavors,,, my espresso coffee with bavarian cream 4/4 (or 3 bc) is also 1 i could vape most of the time......although,, i would say it is too strong for most people unless they are extreme coffee drinkers.
Do you mix by weight as this is much quicker?

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I like Capella cause they are not that heavily concentrated and are more forgiving
Dont buy from there web site cause the shipping is $12 go to maybe Wizard labs
Thank you for your input. I live in the UK that is why l spell flavour correctly (only joking).

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Now l'm getting hungry!

Willbo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Right now I started with Liquid Barn Flavorings but since I am now looking to get much more creative I am looking at others. The LB Honeydew makes my mouth water when I vape it by the way.

I tried a few liquid barn concentrates, none were bad, all were not exciting though.....apart from the Vanilla Ice Cream, that is a great flavour.

Willbo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
New in the UK and seemingly increasingly popular in the USA is the "Real Flavors" brand. All VG based, but a lot of those seem to be popular standalone flavours, so that may be a good brand for you to try.

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You can bet your sweet smile I will never do that again.
:eek:lol
New in the UK and seemingly increasingly popular in the USA is the "Real Flavors" brand. All VG based, but a lot of those seem to be popular standalone flavours, so that may be a good brand for you to try.
Thank you. I will check them out. My plan for today is to order the juices suggested. So l will definitely give them ago.

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Try mixing by weight, someone posted yesterday that it only takes 10 mins or so. I have viewed it on youtube and it is easier in every way.
i have a 'base mix',,a coffee frother and tiny glass jar & a mini food chopper, syringes , medicine droppers with markings. it takes about 2 minutes to make a 5 flavor recipe.....depending on size for the whipping process. i dont put Nic through the whipping,, he gets added at time of use. i am 0-3 mg,,what ever it comes out as- i am not picky

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
i have a 'base mix',,a coffee frother and tiny glass jar & a mini food chopper, syringes , medicine droppers with markings. it takes about 2 minutes to make a 5 flavor recipe.....depending on size for the whipping process. i dont put Nic through the whipping,, he gets added at time of use. i am 0-3 mg,,what ever it comes out as- i am not picky
Frother, yes. Jars, yes. Syringes, yes. Droppers,yes.
MINI FOOD CHOPPER!!???

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes Hic is still here. Has many free recipes with some notes at the end here. Also an unlisted vendor thread here at vu. http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hics-mixes-diy-recipes-store.54921/

The thing with flavors I have found is that some like flavors a bit stronger or weaker than others. Also we all like different flavors just like we like different foods. You know what you like so if a flavor sounds good to you you could ask others if they have tried it and or the same flavor from different flavor companies to try and describe the differences. Why I stuck with Flavourart my first year was due to Headinclouds free notes bc they were so helpful.

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yes Hic is still here. Has many free recipes with some notes at the end here. Also an unlisted vendor thread here at vu. http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hics-mixes-diy-recipes-store.54921/

The thing with flavors I have found is that some like flavors a bit stronger or weaker than others. Also we all like different flavors just like we like different foods. You know what you like so if a flavor sounds good to you you could ask others if they have tried it and or the same flavor from different flavor companies to try and describe the differences. Why I stuck with Flavourart my first year was due to Headinclouds free notes bc they were so helpful.
Thank you again. Just out of interest is HIC male or female? Just curious that's all.

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Frother, yes. Jars, yes. Syringes, yes. Droppers,yes.
MINI FOOD CHOPPER!!???
its one of those little ones,, the frother doesn't have the horse power to mix large batches. i bought mine years ago for about $5 http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/416C0YRxpfL._SX300_.jpg
416C0YRxpfL._SX300_.jpg

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Try mixing by weight, someone posted yesterday that it only takes 10 mins or so. I have viewed it on youtube and it is easier in every way.
my mixing takes about 5 minutes,, i am a minimalist,, i dont want more stuff in my house. Hurricane Ike took everything,, and i am happy for it (now) . i never ever want to have to sort through a life time of stuff covered in mud and weighing more with the added water. besides you cant take it with you.

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
my mixing takes about 5 minutes,, i am a minimalist,, i dont want more stuff in my house. Hurricane Ike took everything,, and i am happy for it (now) . i never ever want to have to sort through a life time of stuff covered in mud and weighing more with the added water. besides you cant take it with you.
Sorry to hear about the hurricane and it's devistation to your home and life. Pleased that all is well now. Your set up works for you and that's all that matters.

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
its a far more interesting and fulfilling life now.. i live in a 'tiny house' (paid for condo 670ft) i owe nobody anything,, all of my clothes for the entire year will fit in 1 large suitcase,,all of my vape gear fits in a medium size make up bag,,all of it is in air tight plastic boxes etc to avoid Houston humidity. all photos are now on chips/online. i have some artwork around the house..i would miss them in if lost. i like that i can clean my home top to bottom in an hour,,,,,,,,leaving me time to run to Kemah/Galveston when i want. i am not much of a shopper,, cant stand crowds or people who have their untamed parasites climbing and screaming everywhere. i spend quite a bit on nice meals when the urge hits me. (i should weigh 300 lbs,, but i keep active swimming, walking ...anything outside). if my husband brings something home,, i call him a hoarder,, then 2 items for his 1 have to leave,, he is starting to see i am serious and is getting better about not buying just anything lol.

a friend said he has been teaching his kids about what is important to them,, he pointed out a large rubbermaid bin about 3ft long,, and told them,, all you care about has to fit in that bin,, everything else is future trash....its interesting,, they will grow up being more picky. not a bad thing. :)

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
its a far more interesting and fulfilling life now.. i live in a 'tiny house' (paid for condo 670ft) i owe nobody anything,, all of my clothes for the entire year will fit in 1 large suitcase,,all of my vape gear fits in a medium size make up bag,,all of it is in air tight plastic boxes etc to avoid Houston humidity. all photos are now on chips/online. i have some artwork around the house..i would miss them in if lost. i like that i can clean my home top to bottom in an hour,,,,,,,,leaving me time to run to Kemah/Galveston when i want. i am not much of a shopper,, cant stand crowds or people who have their untamed parasites climbing and screaming everywhere. i spend quite a bit on nice meals when the urge hits me. (i should weigh 300 lbs,, but i keep active swimming, walking ...anything outside). if my husband brings something home,, i call him a hoarder,, then 2 items for his 1 have to leave,, he is starting to see i am serious and is getting better about not buying just anything lol.

a friend said he has been teaching his kids about what is important to them,, he pointed out a large rubbermaid bin about 3ft long,, and told them,, all you care about has to fit in that bin,, everything else is future trash....its interesting,, they will grow up being more picky. not a bad thing. :)
In my head l would love to live like you. It's a little known fact that my guilty pleasure is to go on you tube and look at the mobile trailer that you have in the US and see how families live in them full time,lol. I find it fascinating and those little tiny house that people live in. I want one! However l have more handbags (purse as you say), shoes and clothes then any shop! So not possible but l do like the notion of living the simple life.

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In my head l would love to live like you. It's a little known fact that my guilty pleasure is to go on you tube and look at the mobile trailer that you have in the US and see how families live in them full time,lol. I find it fascinating and those little tiny house that people live in. I want one! However l have more handbags (purse as you say), shoes and clothes then any shop! So not possible but l do like the notion of living the simple life.
i understand,, we had a 4 bedroom home. we converted 1 bedroom into my walk in closet........i had 47 levi 501s,,,,,,i had another 70+ other brands of jeans,,,,,,i had 30+ nice sweaters, 50 shoes (which is odd,, because i never thought of myself as a shoe girl,, apparently,, like the jeans,,i thought the world would run out,, so i kept buying the same shoe .. actually leather ankle boots)...its amazing that i dont have that anymore,,,,,,,,,,,,geez i feel CLEANer without all of that stuff.

if you were going to try to cut down your stuff,, pretend you are going on a trip,, to see Trump,, what would you take?,, start putting a 'best i have' value on your stuff,, then get rid of what you can.. start small.

when i think about how much money i wasted buying all of those jeans,,,,,,,,many still had tags on them..........OCD/Hoarder i own 7 pairs of jeans now, and if any get messed up,, i get rid of them and then seriously look around at trends/fit.

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
But my designer handbags cannot go. Nor my shoes which you have to keep in their orginal box! The reason why l have so many clothes is that l have been the same weight since l was 17. I must confess that l have many clothes still with the labels in them too. Also clothes are cheap here. That said l have not purchase any new ones since late last years. I had slightly more pairs of levi 501! I got rid of them long ago as l have moved cities twice and skinny jeans are the fasion now.Some of the clothes and shoes can go and many of the non designer handbags....But l must be colour coordinated. Even my nephews are like this,lol

I just fell in love with cardamom as a standalone flavor. I was looking for something fresh, bright and thinner as I was getting sick of sweet desert vapes. This blend of ginger and spices is a perfect transition without going fruity. I have a candle by Paddywax Apothecary called vetiver and cardamom which is the best candle I've ever smelled. Now just to find some vetiver or something close to it. Any suggestions?

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just fell in love with cardamom as a standalone flavor. I was looking for something fresh, bright and thinner as I was getting sick of sweet desert vapes. This blend of ginger and spices is a perfect transition without going fruity. I have a candle by Paddywax Apothecary called vetiver and cardamom which is the best candle I've ever smelled. Now just to find some vetiver or something close to it. Any suggestions?
what % are you using? i realy havent done much in awhile with my flavors

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ginger & spices at 2.5% - sounds right up my street. Which brand do you use?

VU Sponsors