Become a Patron!

Starting my first DIY concentrated liquids ;)

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Some are allergic to PG and some rather have a smooth throat hit of any at all...PG i can vape but i found by just adding enough DW i dont even need to buy PG..The PG i get is in my nic and flavorings only...I only dilute for wicking purposes other wise i would use 100% VG everything except flavoring which i use about 5 to 7 percent of and whatever percentage is in my nic .

Lower base nicotine means you will use more of it to get your target nicotine base..Higher base such as 100 means you will use less of it...So you either are adding more PG or less pg based on you nic as well.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yes i did notice that pg or vg bass i guess dosent make any difference in that as it all works its self out dont it?
Ok i now im being a pain in the backside! but i have one laaaaaaast question lol if i re wick my old aerotank v2 coils (ones with wicks showing) with Japanese cotton pads is that gonna be better then my aspire mini?
Iv tryed organic cotton balls but wasnt to pleasant lol

happy vaping

VG produces your clouds...The higher the VG content, the more cloud production and the smoother the vape will be.

PG is considered harsh..More PG means a more harsh hit with less clouds but this produces a throat hit that some like..Personally a 50vg 50 pg mix is more than enough of a throat hit for me...lol..Ive moved away from that and like it smoother now but i still get a throat hit from the pg in the nic and flavorings..just not so harsh.

The nautilus is miles ahead of the aerotank v2..It uses dual verticle coils and this produces a much greater flavor.

Re wicking with cotton on the aerotank coils however should improve flavor and wicking ability if done correctly

Last edited:

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ok il give it a try thnx for all your help ;)

happy vaping

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ask all the questions you need to, to get it like you want it...Cant learn if you dont ask...Enjoy.

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I just re wicked an old kanger coil with the wick showing with some Japanese cotton put in my aerotank v2 at 1ohm and its vaping loads better i can even go up to 20w but its way to warm there 15w seems a seeet spot, still prefer my aspire mini but i was hoping for n outcome like the kanger sub ohm mini lol

happy vaping

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Kanger Subohm tanks and older kanger tanks in general are miles apart...I have quite a few kanger tanks and none of them are close to the only kanger subtank i have which is the Nano version.

My best standard kanger tank is a protank 2 with the V3 air flow control base on it...The center pin is drilled out as well for more air flow...The coils are 28g kanthal 1.2ohm micro coils with cotton wick...One tiny strip of cotton above the coil to eliminate the spit backs on my tongue...I still cant compare it to the nano however.

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yeah what a shame :( im still debating on getting the sub tank mini for my eleaf 30w but i dnooooo lol

happy vaping

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
One tiny strip of cotton above the coil to eliminate the spit backs on my tongue

oh nice! hadn't ever thought of that ... do you lay the cotton across or just try to 'float' it above? thinking how to keep it in place ... hmmm

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I would say go for it...You dont have to use a super l9w ohm coil for it and have the air flow opened up to its max...I can close mine and get no air flow or as much as a nautilus or even ALOT more on the nano...The nano is a smaller tank but you dont have a rebuild deck..You either rebuild the coils which is extremely easy or replace them..You can buy 1.2ohm coils if youre not into the rebuilding..Its actually priced about the same as nautilus coils are.

But be fair warned the subtank versions will blow right through your juice if you find you like the air flow and lower ohm coils with alot more power..Im using 18 to 20 watts on a .8 ohm made coil and that little 3.5ml nano tank doesnt last very long...The subtank mini is 4.5ml i think and uses the same coils as the nano.

Last edited:

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I do like the subtank mini as it have the rebuild option and ye i dont mind blowing through juice hence why i wana make my own lol

happy vaping

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
oh nice! hadn't ever thought of that ... do you lay the cotton across or just try to 'float' it above? thinking how to keep it in place ... hmmm
Just lay it across the top and its part of the wick sticking out...Just a tiny thin piece though..too much will cause wicking to suffer and in some cases air flow...You may find better flavor from this as well..Kanger calls them flavor wicks but i do it for the spit back reason more than anything else.

Last edited:

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yeah a strip sticking out either side helps stop flooding as well, and i do find it snake rattle like this aswell duno if thats just me though?

happy vaping

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Instead of the strip going inside the coil like normal...this added strip lays on top of the coil...but it has to be as long as the wick going through the coil for the chimney tube to clamp down on it and hold it in place like normal.

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Instead of the strip going inside the coil it lays on top of it..but it has to be as long as the wick going through the coil for the chimney tube to clamp down on it and hold it in place
Yeah thats what i do it rattles like a snake for me this way and you dont get that pop were you feel ya face is gonna get blown off lol

happy vaping

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Not yet i will be the weekend im waiting for my local vape shop to have the vg in stock :/

Oh and even with the Japanese wick on this aero v2 my aspire nautilus mini still seems to blow it out the window lol

happy vaping

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
71864f6c0fa491cd8ca25409bfe2374c.jpg
ok so iv made my first just ;) 50/50 pg/vg 8mg nic heisinburg and pinkmin

happy vaping

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ok iv got the sub tank and its an animal lol

happy vaping

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I run the mini - def a good tank .. best of everything.. can build .. not too big .. holds enuff juice... works welll!

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I run the mini - def a good tank .. best of everything.. can build .. not too big .. holds enuff juice... works welll!
Its alright im having a spitting issue atm when i fire it it pops and spits at me :/ that when building btw

happy vaping

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Its alright im having a spitting issue atm when i fire it it pops and spits at me :/ that when building btw

This worked for me on that ;)

The popping sound is juice heating and sending out a jet of vapor. This happens when there is an air pocket between the coil and wick, simply add a bit more wicking.

couple of threads here on that..do a search in forum 'spitting' :)

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes - should be not too tight, still movable but enuff that the coil is in touch with cotton all the way around - some resistance when pulling through .. keeping in mind that when the cotton wicks up juice, it will compact slightly ..

Instead of the strip going inside the coil like normal...this added strip lays on top of the coil...but it has to be as long as the wick going through the coil for the chimney tube to clamp down on it and hold it in place like normal.

I thought this was a great idea ^ - haven't built yet since i saw it tho.. but that strip is going on my next one. I'd try to calm the issue down first with rewicking before moving on to the top strip thing tho.. get the foundation right first so to speak! :)

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yes - should be not too tight, still movable but enuff that the coil is in touch with cotton all the way around - some resistance when pulling through .. keeping in mind that when the cotton wicks up juice, it will compact slightly ..

I thought this was a great idea ^ - haven't built yet since i saw it tho.. but that strip is going on my next one. I'd try to calm the issue down first with rewicking before moving on to the top strip thing tho.. get the foundation right first so to speak! :)
Ok i seem to have helped this issue by making the coil wraps tight instead of apart duno why lol still get bits in my mouth now n then but im guessing this is notmall

happy vaping

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
That's how I started diy iv still got some rhubarb an custard from few months back that I made up. I now only use flavor art UK for concentrates there a lot better quality and you can taste the difference I tried my vampire vape mix I did yesterday and it tastes really chemical if that makes sense. And also you have to use about 15 percent with those compared to 3 or 4 percent with fa sometimes less depending on flavour and preference. Give fa a try I promise you won't regret it.

Sent from my ST23i using Tapatalk
exactly this ^^^^
i use it with my istick 30w all day long
So i wont for the flavour art guys batch of 6 flavours come today and iv just made 5ml of each to test witch im steeping now! Cannot wait ;) and yh Richard you were rite about vampire vapes concentrates there just not the same as ready mixed and i used 20% and im now on70vg 30pg with the subtank mini and was advised with that high vg use 8% from flavour arts concentrates
My thoughts on the sub tank is ok i had so much problems wicking it but think iv keyd it now as i was wicking away from the juice holes but now i got the wick just touching the deck over the holes so far so good

happy vaping

richardward77

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So i wont for the flavour art guys batch of 6 flavours come today and iv just made 5ml of each to test witch im steeping now! Cannot wait ;) and yh Richard you were rite about vampire vapes concentrates there just not the same as ready mixed and i used 20% and im now on70vg 30pg with the subtank mini and was advised with that high vg use 8% from flavour arts concentrates
My thoughts on the sub tank is ok i had so much problems wicking it but think iv keyd it now as i was wicking away from the juice holes but now i got the wick just touching the deck over the holes so far so good

happy vaping
Did you get vapimms as the freebie.

richardward77

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes i did lol whats it like?
I also go banana, strawberry, tutti frutti, ry4 nutzilla and double delight

happy vaping
If you like gin you will like it I mix it with passion fruit and orange so 2% vapimms 2% orange and 2% passion it's a summer vape nice and refreshing. The strawberry is nice and the banana not tried the tutti fruity yet. If you like rich custards try the custard pi one that they do it's nice with the strawberry you have got I do it 5% custard 3% strawberry. Most fa flavours are good to go straight away the custards and tobacco ones need a steep for a week or so. That ry4 nut is nice with apple Fuji just be carefull the Fuji is strong so you don't need a lot. I got one called joy yesterday that loadsa people raving about its nice but bit overrated in my opinion tastes like sugary pastry so I mix that with apple Fuji and that's nice just experiment and start low with the percentages you can always add but can't take away. The only thing I get from vampire vape now is my nic 72 mg 50 ml bottle in vg or pg for 10 quid and I really like it some brands of nic are peppery I don't get that with there's.

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If you like gin you will like it I mix it with passion fruit and orange so 2% vapimms 2% orange and 2% passion it's a summer vape nice and refreshing. The strawberry is nice and the banana not tried the tutti fruity yet. If you like rich custards try the custard pi one that they do it's nice with the strawberry you have got I do it 5% custard 3% strawberry. Most fa flavours are good to go straight away the custards and tobacco ones need a steep for a week or so. That ry4 nut is nice with apple Fuji just be carefull the Fuji is strong so you don't need a lot. I got one called joy yesterday that loadsa people raving about its nice but bit overrated in my opinion tastes like sugary pastry so I mix that with apple Fuji and that's nice just experiment and start low with the percentages you can always add but can't take away. The only thing I get from vampire vape now is my nic 72 mg 50 ml bottle in vg or pg for 10 quid and I really like it some brands of nic are peppery I don't get that with there's.

Yeah thats what my local vape shop sell me vampire vapes vg pg and nic! Seems good to me and yeah i will have to try that custard one i will leave them steeping just for a night before trying to blend with the high vg abit! I spoke to john and he said for a strongish taste do 8% at 70vg and only done 5ml of each so not to much waste
What pg/vg ratio are you uaing

happy vaping

richardward77

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah thats what my local vape shop sell me vampire vapes vg pg and nic! Seems good to me and yeah i will have to try that custard one i will leave them steeping just for a night before trying to blend with the high vg abit! I spoke to john and he said for a strongish taste do 8% at 70vg and only done 5ml of each so not to much waste
What pg/vg ratio are you uaing

happy vaping
Iv got five different 200 ml bottles mixed up as a base 3 are 3 mg nic the other two are 6 mg nic the stronger nic I use for my lemo drop and lemo 2 the others are for dripping iv got a 100% vg, 90 vg 10 pg, 80 vg 20 pg, 70 vg 30 pg, and 50vg 50 pg and as it's all ready to just add to the flavours so no getting the nic out and pg and vg it's already done little tip get your vg from boots chemist 1.39 for 200 ml and it's pharmaceutical grade so it's safe.

richardward77

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Where do you live if you don't mind me asking I live in Birmingham.

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Iv got five different 200 ml bottles mixed up as a base 3 are 3 mg nic the other two are 6 mg nic the stronger nic I use for my lemo drop and lemo 2 the others are for dripping iv got a 100% vg, 90 vg 10 pg, 80 vg 20 pg, 70 vg 30 pg, and 50vg 50 pg and as it's all ready to just add to the flavours so no getting the nic out and pg and vg it's already done little tip get your vg from boots chemist 1.39 for 200 ml and it's pharmaceutical grade so it's safe.

Thats a very good idea mixing the vg pg and nic so just add straight to the flavours i may have to do that! That must be so much easier! But dont that mess with your vg pg ratio as the flavour would be pg bass?
And why get vg from boots? Is that better then the vampire vape stuff?

happy vaping

richardward77

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thats a very good idea mixing the vg pg and nic so just add straight to the flavours i may have to do that! That must be so much easier! But dont that mess with your vg pg ratio as the flavour would be pg bass?
And why get vg from boots? Is that better then the vampire vape stuff?

happy vaping
Ye it would alter the ratio but only slightly as you only need small amounts of flavour.and I get the vg from boots as it's alot cheaper and guaranteed to be safe I still get my pg from vape shop and my shop does nic in vg or pg try and keep the nic out of sunlight and put the lid on as soon as poss to keep it as fresh as you can nothing wrong with vamp vape vg iv always used the one from boots. I find the boots one slightly sweeter too so it helps with some of the mixes.

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ye it would alter the ratio but only slightly as you only need small amounts of flavour.and I get the vg from boots as it's alot cheaper and guaranteed to be safe I still get my pg from vape shop and my shop does nic in vg or pg try and keep the nic out of sunlight and put the lid on as soon as poss to keep it as fresh as you can nothing wrong with vamp vape vg iv always used the one from boots. I find the boots one slightly sweeter too so it helps with some of the mixes.

Yeah i may have to try that as its a pain mixing all the way i do and with syringe and vg is a pain i wana get some lab test tubes so i could just pour it in, and i will keep that in mind on that vg and yea soons im done using i always put away ina box out of reach, i will get the pg bass nic next timw though as its such a pain usin vg bass when its so thick

happy vaping

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

Dont suppose you could do me a favour and on ur next build can u send me a few pic of how u lay ur wick in the deck? I get dry hit every so meany pulls on mine with 70vg im finking of modifying it soon and drill a hole in each side cuz its driving me crazy now :/

happy vaping

richardward77

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dont suppose you could do me a favour and on ur next build can u send me a few pic of how u lay ur wick in the deck? I get dry hit every so meany pulls on mine with 70vg im finking of modifying it soon and drill a hole in each side cuz its driving me crazy now :/

happy vaping
Have you tried any of your flavours yet.

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yes iv tryed some were to strong some weak im really baffled on what % todo now i done 8% flavouring on all and people saying to strong iv just done some strawberry at 2% witch i was advised And i cant taste it atall really

happy vaping

richardward77

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes iv tryed some were to strong some weak im really baffled on what % todo now i done 8% flavouring on all and people saying to strong iv just done some strawberry at 2% witch i was advised And i cant taste it atall really

happy vaping
You will get the hang of it I do my strawberry at about 4_5% some are strong and some not so strong I find the strawberry fades after a while and better vaped fresh.

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You will get the hang of it I do my strawberry at about 4_5% some are strong and some not so strong I find the strawberry fades after a while and better vaped fresh.

Yeah im gona up it more i think what percentage do you do banana ry4 nutzilla and double delight? If u have tryed them that is lol

happy vaping

richardward77

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah im gona up it more i think what percentage do you do banana ry4 nutzilla and double delight? If u have tryed them that is lol

happy vaping
I find the banana strong so try ,3 % to start with the ry,4 I do at 5% but that needs a good steep maybe 2 weeks. Never tried the double delight.

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thats what iv done 3 % and cant taste it :/ this is a rite chore lol

happy vaping

VU Sponsors