Become a Patron!

Starting Out

IcepickMaker84

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

I use PG base. It's a thinner liquid so it's easier to mix together IMO. VG is thicker (More viscious) so you have to shake it more to get it evenly blended. Lots of people here use it though (VG based nic). I'm sure they have their reasons.

Gotcha! So I found two recipes from HIC and NicRiver has all the flavors. With the flavorings, 1/2gal each pg/vg, nic, and Hardware, it comes out to $68...that’s way cheaper than buying juice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Gotcha! So I found two recipes from HIC and NicRiver has all the flavors. With the flavorings, 1/2gal each pg/vg, nic, and Hardware, it comes out to $68...that’s way cheaper than buying juice!

I got sick of paying high dollar for "Premium" liquid. Commercial juice is the biggest ripoff in vaping. DIY is the way to go. You get way more liquid to vape for your money.

IcepickMaker84

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I got sick of paying high dollar for "Premium" liquid. Commercial juice is the biggest ripoff in vaping. DIY is the way to go. You get way more liquid to vape for your money.

I got enough vg/pg and nic to make over a half gallon for only $20ish, the total for my cart would only get me like 4-5 60ml bottles of my regular juices.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I got enough vg/pg and nic to make over a half gallon for only $20ish, the total for my cart would only get me like 4-5 60ml bottles of my regular juices.

Yup. You are gonna have so much fun! For cheap!!!

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I suggest looking at established, good recipes. Find one or two that look good to you. You can even ask us about them, or give you suggestions. But when you find a recipe or two you want to try, get the exact flavors on the list. Then make the recipe so you can have something good to vape on.

I would have probably quit DIY if I had just tested my random flavors I bought. Most single flavors aren't much on their own. Fruits can be good. But the flavors we use are better blended into a recipe most of the time. Trust the pros at first until you can learn how things work. It takes time and dedication to get good at DIY.
This is true. SFT is necessary, but more necessary when you start mixing your own recipes. For now, do someone else’s recipes until you get comfortable mixing. Once you get the bug, start testing and taking notes.

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I’m thinking about getting into DIY juice making and I’m wondering if getting a kit is the way to go or is it better to piece everything together?

a lot of good advice given already, , I make 500mls at a time,,, if you ever venture there,, get a 30-50ml turkey syringe and a Marked 60+/-ml shot glass (Walmart cooking section)

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
boy this thread looks familiar.

get a scale, the AWS 500(I think it is) is fantastic .01 gram. 20 10ml bottles, save the bottles you have now. get a bottle of SUPER SWEET.

if you like tobacco, I do with beer. get a small bottle of RY4 double. blowing clouds with this stuff kicks cigs in the teeth.

IcepickMaker84

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Posting this because you don’t hear enough stories that start bad and finish in a positive manner.

Ordered flavors, vg, pg, nicotine in vg, and some hardware from NicotineRiver. Everything arrived promptly on Saturday...except the vg and pg, called NR but they were closed for the weekend. Received a call Monday around noon (around 9am pacific time and they open at 9am), the rep said this was a pretty rare occurrence and they would be overnighting the vg and pg so I’ll have them tomorrow morning by 10:30am AND they’re sending extras!

Given the experiences I’ve had with other websites sending incomplete orders I figured I’d just receive a refund for the missing stuff but NicotineRiver went above and beyond on this. I highly recommend checking them out.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Posting this because you don’t hear enough stories that start bad and finish in a positive manner.

Ordered flavors, vg, pg, nicotine in vg, and some hardware from NicotineRiver. Everything arrived promptly on Saturday...except the vg and pg, called NR but they were closed for the weekend. Received a call Monday around noon (around 9am pacific time and they open at 9am), the rep said this was a pretty rare occurrence and they would be overnighting the vg and pg so I’ll have them tomorrow morning by 10:30am AND they’re sending extras!

Given the experiences I’ve had with other websites sending incomplete orders I figured I’d just receive a refund for the missing stuff but NicotineRiver went above and beyond on this. I highly recommend checking them out.

that's greta, all's well, thing.

do you have a scale ?

VU Sponsors