Become a Patron!

stir plates

84Harley

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ok, so I'm at my wits end here! The usonic cleaner came in today, a pretty decent one too I think, Isonic P4810. So I don't think the appliance is the problem here. I've done enough (I thought) research about methods and time in the bath. So I put in 6 bottles (plastic) wrapped together with a rubber band so they stand up and can't get leaked into. All single flavor 50/50 no nic mixes. NOT ONE changed colors, NOT ONE improved in flavor!! In fact, they ALL came out smelling AND tasting weaker than when they went in! WTF??? They were in there for 8 cycles of 30 min apiece, 240 min total. Only the second cycle I used the heat, all the following cycles were pretty warm so I didn't use the heat. This really has me pissed, every video, everything I read had WAY better results, so I have to assume it's operator error.....but where?? Please!!! can someone help me out here? I really hate to have to go back to purchasing juice, making my own is so much more cost effective but I can't even get single flavors to taste decent!.....btw, the flavors I was trying were FA Orange, FW Cherry, FW Pineapple, Cap Sugar Cookie, FW Yellow Cake and Central Vapors Vanilla Bean Ice Cream.....not one came out better after "steeping"....this SUCKS

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ok, so I'm at my wits end here! The usonic cleaner came in today, a pretty decent one too I think, Isonic P4810. So I don't think the appliance is the problem here. I've done enough (I thought) research about methods and time in the bath. So I put in 6 bottles (plastic) wrapped together with a rubber band so they stand up and can't get leaked into. All single flavor 50/50 no nic mixes. NOT ONE changed colors, NOT ONE improved in flavor!! In fact, they ALL came out smelling AND tasting weaker than when they went in! WTF??? They were in there for 8 cycles of 30 min apiece, 240 min total. Only the second cycle I used the heat, all the following cycles were pretty warm so I didn't use the heat. This really has me pissed, every video, everything I read had WAY better results, so I have to assume it's operator error.....but where?? Please!!! can someone help me out here? I really hate to have to go back to purchasing juice, making my own is so much more cost effective but I can't even get single flavors to taste decent!.....btw, the flavors I was trying were FA Orange, FW Cherry, FW Pineapple, Cap Sugar Cookie, FW Yellow Cake and Central Vapors Vanilla Bean Ice Cream.....not one came out better after "steeping"....this SUCKS
They won't change color without nicotine - it's the nic oxidizing that causes the color change!

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
don't give up.....first have you made all these juices before in the exact same strengths and ratios....do you know what they are supposed to taste like ?.......I'm going to say this and it may not be popular,but...I think the stir plate is a great tool, but I just am starting to think there is no substitute for time...there are no short cuts.

84Harley

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
don't give up.....first have you made all these juices before in the exact same strengths and ratios....do you know what they are supposed to taste like ?.......I'm going to say this and it may not be popular,but...I think the stir plate is a great tool, but I just am starting to think there is no substitute for time...there are no short cuts.

yup, I've made them all recently, so yeah, pretty good idea what they should taste like. I didn't expect miracles....ie/shortcuts, just a stronger flavor. The color change thing, yeah, I figured that might be why they were the same after.

attackonthebass

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I taped my bottle to my sawzall blade & stirred up my blend in no time. Just make sure to tape it to the end of the blade so it doesn't hit the guard. No need to buy a stir plate. use something that you have in your house, I'm sure there's something you own that will work just as well as a stir plate

VU Sponsors