SUB-OHM: MEET THE ASPIRE ATLANTIS TANK

Hartoled

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What you say, VH fan, has merit. I see a lot of experienced vapors calling this a fail and that is about as credible as a new or middle of the road vaper saying that a Mutation X is a fail. Everything that rolls down the pike wasn't made just for me. Still, you really get sick of taking reviewers' recommendations on juice and gear, hoping for things to get better, and finding yourself reaching past those purchases for your old tried and true stuff.

They call him various things, but I like that Busardo will almost cuss somebody out for sending him a POS, instead of sitting there apologizing to the people who gave him free stuff and telling people to try it anyway. Some of these people are trying to sell you stuff or they are way into their relationship with this source or that. I want to hear how this thing really vapes.

Steam Powered

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Aspire vs Kanger just in time for Christmas stocking stuffers.
If I was at the track and betting like the ponies I'd go with Aspire by a nose.
Because I've had much luck with Aspire products in the past and Kanger has had some duds. (turbo)
But still the wire twisting nut in me has me looking at the Kanger rebuild option....
This is gonna be fun! :D

Steam Powered

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think most long time veteran vapors will not get caught up in the replaceable head systems , needing to purchase heads on a continuing basis just doesn't appeal to me and i doubt will appeal to much more experienced vapors. I think most of them will still much prefer RBA's .
Gotta disagree big time. I'm a experienced vaper and have many friends that are too and a sub tank is gonna be an important addition to our line up. There's a BIG community of truckers like myself that spend 10-12 hours a day in the cab and want dripper size hits but we can't pull over every hour to load up our atty.(Truckers are notorious for chain smoking so we go thru a LOT of juice in a day when we switch) Ever try to get a little drop of juice hit the cotton in a bumpy truck? It sucks and it's dangerous. Many of us carry a Big Dripper style atty and it works good but can be messy if you pump to much juice by accident. So yea these sub ohm tanks are gonna be super nice for many on the go veteran vapers I know. Then when I get home I can drown the cotton in one of my RDA's and chuck 'em old school.

Last edited:

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What you say, VH fan, has merit. I see a lot of experienced vapors calling this a fail and that is about as credible as a new or middle of the road vaper saying that a Mutation X is a fail. Everything that rolls down the pike wasn't made just for me. Still, you really get sick of taking reviewers' recommendations on juice and gear, hoping for things to get better, and finding yourself reaching past those purchases for your old tried and true stuff.

They call him various things, but I like that Busardo will almost cuss somebody out for sending him a POS, instead of sitting there apologizing to the people who gave him free stuff and telling people to try it anyway. Some of these people are trying to sell you stuff or they are way into their relationship with this source or that. I want to hear how this thing really vapes.

Agree completely , remember that whoever calls it a fail before even trying it cannot be taken seriously as it's just either a guess that it won't live up to specs or they came to that decision purely based on it doesn't fit their personal preferences for vaping gear .

Until it is thoroughly tested by the masses no one knows . I agree about people doing reviews and being overly kind just because the manufacturer may have hooked you up with some freebies , that doesn't help anyone and influences many reviewers into not commenting on the negatives .

If your going to review stuff call it exactly the way it is , i want the negatives and positives because if you pile on the sugar too much when the item is not deserving of it people will most certainly find out and your credibility will go right down the drain.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Gotta disagree big time. I'm a experienced vaper and have many friends that are too and a sub tank is gonna be an important addition to our line up. There's a BIG community of truckers like myself that spend 10-12 hours a day in the cab and want dripper size hits but we can't pull over every hour to load up our atty.(Truckers are notorious for chain smoking so we go thru a LOT of juice in a day when we switch) Ever try to get a little drop of juice hit the cotton in a bumpy truck? It sucks and it's dangerous. Many of us carry a Big Dripper style atty and it works good but can be messy if you pump to much juice by accident. So yea these sub ohm tanks are gonna be super nice for many on the go veteran vapers I know. Then when I get home I can drown the cotton in one of my RDA's and chuck 'em old school.

I can see that and if your on the road 90% of the time sure , makes sense . My comments were much more inline with people who are not sitting in a bumpy truck most of the time .

Steam Powered

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I can see that and if your on the road 90% of the time sure , makes sense . My comments were much more inline with people who are not sitting in a bumpy truck most of the time .
Right, understood....but my point applies to more than just truckers. Equipment operators, forklifts, heavy equipment operators like dozers, crane operators etc... things like that where there's pressure to keep that piece of equipment running at max production for x number of hours and there's no time to free up your hands to fiddle with a RDA. Besides that it's hard to keep a RDA upright in those situations all the time to avoid a sticky mess. There's a lot of us vapers that don't sit at a nice still desk. So a tank would be real handy. I'm betting these new generation sub tanks are gonna sell like hotcakes. I know of 3 guys personally, besides myself, that are debating between the Aspire and the Kanger right now. But we will be buying for sure.

Last edited:

sgibby88

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I myself plan on purchasing one being the trucks I drive range from a 9 spd up to an 18. It's not exactly easy to find a spot to pull over and juice up some cotton when your towing a tractor trailer

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Right, understood....but my point applies to more than just truckers. Equipment operators, forklifts, heavy equipment operators like dozers, crane operators etc... things like that where there's pressure to keep that piece of equipment running at max production for x number of hours and there's no time to free up your hands to fiddle with a RDA. Besides that it's hard to keep a RDA upright in those situations all the time to avoid a sticky mess. There's a lot of us vapers that don't sit at a nice still desk. So a tank would be real handy. I'm betting these new generation sub tanks are gonna sell like hotcakes. I know of 3 guys personally, besides myself, that are debating between the Aspire and the Kanger right now. But we will be buying for sure.

Fair enough , makes perfect sense to me , let us know how they perform when you get it , or both.

db3

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hell, I sit at a desk all day and I still want this and/or the kanger subtank - I don't actually get to vape at my desk, but a tank is still just more convenient for me in most situations - my commute alone is 30 minutes each way, and that is some quality alone time where I just want to vape and relax. You bring up all the people out there doing actual work and easily demonstrate why a wide variety of devices and toppers are needed - and it makes me wonder why so many people feel their way of vaping is the only "right" way... sometimes it feels as if there is an overwhelming amount of "this device is completely pointless and a waste of money" type comments out there - we need more "it might not be for me, but maybe it is still good, and great for you" discussions.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think some will step away from RBA's for the sub coil tanks, people who just want to plug and play and not mess making coils anymore, but I don't think it will be by the masses, I bet these heads will be expensive as all new heads are, and of course there will be duds and that will put people off.

I'll tell you what I think would appeal to more, is these kind of tanks and coils that can go this low, but make it so you can easily rebuild the coils if you want, yes they will lose money by people not buying as many coils, but I think more people would buy the tank, I know I would least give it a try then, but not bothering if got to spend over $10 for what might be 5 good heads all the time. And I bet these heads will be more like $15-$20 for 5 heads.

vaporelse

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I never get too exited until I actually try it, but this one has me interested for when I am on the road.

Hartoled

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Perhaps the Aspire ad, "Game over for the pro vapor cloud chasers!" is a bit ambitious. LOL Try not to take it personally. I don't think anybody expects it to win any competitions. Are there really professional cloud chasers? Don't let the progressive colleges hear that. Kids will be graduating with degrees in Cloud Chasing in a couple of years.

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Note that the pics of the Kanger Subtank say that it can use the regular Kanger dual coil heads and that the new heads for the subtank can be used any all but the smallest of the new generation of Kanger's existing tanks.

tombaker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
usage video from Suck My Mod

Steam Powered

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
usage video from Suck My Mod
Matt sure is pulling some big vapor of that tank.
I had a feeling that bigger BVC was gonna chuck because the the smaller first gens performed really well.

Steam Powered

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hell, I sit at a desk all day and I still want this and/or the kanger subtank - I don't actually get to vape at my desk, but a tank is still just more convenient for me in most situations - my commute alone is 30 minutes each way, and that is some quality alone time where I just want to vape and relax. You bring up all the people out there doing actual work and easily demonstrate why a wide variety of devices and toppers are needed - and it makes me wonder why so many people feel their way of vaping is the only "right" way... sometimes it feels as if there is an overwhelming amount of "this device is completely pointless and a waste of money" type comments out there - we need more "it might not be for me, but maybe it is still good, and great for you" discussions.
Exactly. like Trippers says "vaping is the future and the future is now"
So there will naturally be products tailored to many different habits and life styles.
The vapers around me are mostly big active guys with middle class hard working jobs.
We want the convenience a tank, but we want one that hits big.

Reactions: db3

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think some will step away from RBA's for the sub coil tanks, people who just want to plug and play and not mess making coils anymore, but I don't think it will be by the masses, I bet these heads will be expensive as all new heads are, and of course there will be duds and that will put people off.

I'll tell you what I think would appeal to more, is these kind of tanks and coils that can go this low, but make it so you can easily rebuild the coils if you want, yes they will lose money by people not buying as many coils, but I think more people would buy the tank, I know I would least give it a try then, but not bothering if got to spend over $10 for what might be 5 good heads all the time. And I bet these heads will be more like $15-$20 for 5 heads.

Thats the biggest negative and besides the cost of the tank itself the only negative i see.

Perhaps the Aspire ad, "Game over for the pro vapor cloud chasers!" is a bit ambitious. LOL Try not to take it personally. I don't think anybody expects it to win any competitions. Are there really professional cloud chasers? Don't let the progressive colleges hear that. Kids will be graduating with degrees in Cloud Chasing in a couple of years.

Believe it or not some people live to chase clouds , yes i know , i don't get it either but it's true.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Agreed , but most don't think that objectively these days , it's either it sucks and it's a waste of money or "oh yeah " in the cart it goes lol.

Reactions: db3

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I think most long time veteran vapors will not get caught up in the replaceable head systems , needing to purchase heads on a continuing basis just doesn't appeal to me and i doubt will appeal to much more experienced vapors. I think most of them will still much prefer RBA's .

I do think people who do not have as much experience will be all over this simply because it's new and they get caught up in the excitement of it all . I have got to the point where i rarely buy anything new anymore because i have found what i prefer and what works perfectly for me , although i wouldn't mind winning one of these in a contest because no way i'm buying one.
I think you like to make assumptions..

MAYBE, there are vapers who want a satisfying Vape whilst on vacation, or some other time they don't feel like rebuilding? MAYBE, there are vapers who would like to walk around with a tank in there pocket; that won't drain when the temperature, or barometric pressure changes?

There's a lot of reasons people who rebuild would want this tank; provided it lives up to the hype. Personally, I'm sick and tired of giving up my 'RTA experience' when I'm on the go, and don't want to worry about a rebuildable.

INB4 "if you know how to build properly; you won't have to worry about it" BS

tombaker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thats the biggest negative and besides the cost of the tank itself the only negative i see.
The Atlantis heads are 1 dollar more on the Aspire site, than the BVC Nautilus heads. 21 for 5 vs 20 for 5. On a good day, I can get BVC Nauts for 10 dollars for 5, from a seller on ebay, I know is legit. And others can do the same with other vendors. So I expect the Sub-ohms will be going for 12 dollars very quickly. That is not that costly if a coil can last weeks....or even just a week.

Hartoled

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The Atlantis heads are 1 dollar more on the Aspire site, than the BVC Nautilus heads. 21 for 5 vs 20 for 5. On a good day, I can get BVC Nauts for 10 dollars for 5, from a seller on ebay, I know is legit. And others can do the same with other vendors. So I expect the Sub-ohms will be going for 12 dollars very quickly. That is not that costly if a coil can last weeks....or even just a week.

Yep. The coils that come with it will probably last longer than MSRP on the hype sites.

Steam Powered

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yep...BVC's $10 for 5 online and $12 for 5 in the B&M's around here all day long.
These sub heads will probably be down like that as soon as the craze calms down after Christmas.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think you like to make assumptions..

MAYBE, there are vapers who want a satisfying Vape whilst on vacation, or some other time they don't feel like rebuilding? MAYBE, there are vapers who would like to walk around with a tank in there pocket; that won't drain when the temperature, or barometric pressure changes?

There's a lot of reasons people who rebuild would want this tank; provided it lives up to the hype. Personally, I'm sick and tired of giving up my 'RTA experience' when I'm on the go, and don't want to worry about a rebuildable.

INB4 "if you know how to build properly; you won't have to worry about it" BS

When the assumptions come directly from the mouth of long time veterans comments yeah i suppose you can say that . I never make assumptions just based on my own experience , they are ALWAYS thoroughly investigated and come from many different sources .

Everything i said is directly from comments that i have read from people a hell of a lot more experienced than me and from my own personal opinion . I think my views are pretty darn accurate actually , despite a few who feel differently (which will always be the case ) and i still stand behind what i said.

I never said this device is BS in any way , i just don't see it replacing the way most people vape thats all , especially people who hang out at home and vape.

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just find it interesting when people assume that all veteran vapers rebuild.

I'm not terribly interested in Aspire's tank simply because of the investment that I have in Kanger's tanks for me, my wife and my daughter and I don't want to deal with having to buy and keep on hand two different kinds of atomizer heads... especially if the Aspire ones are as expensive as what has been stated here.

I pay at most $9 for 5 Kanger BDC heads, including the new style. They last weeks even with my chain vaping all day.

I do a little rebuilding but still use my Kanger Aerotank the most and have a Kanger Aerotank Mega on the way. That being said I just got a new Orchid v4 and Kayfun Lite Plus v2, but still don't expect to retire the family's Kanger tanks anytime soon because I'm confident that my wife and daughter will never be interested in my rebuildable drippers and tanks.

I am very interested in the new Kanger Subtank though...

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just find it interesting when people assume that all veteran vapers rebuild.

I'm not terribly interested in Aspire's tank simply because of the investment that I have in Kanger's tanks for me, my wife and my daughter and I don't want to deal with having to buy and keep on hand two different kinds of atomizer heads... especially if the Aspire ones are as expensive as what has been stated here.

I pay at most $9 for 5 Kanger BDC heads, including the new style. They last weeks even with my chain vaping all day.

I do a little rebuilding but still use my Kanger Aerotank the most and have a Kanger Aerotank Mega on the way. That being said I just got a new Orchid v4 and Kayfun Lite Plus v2, but still don't expect to retire the family's Kanger tanks anytime soon because I'm confident that my wife and daughter will never be interested in my rebuildable drippers and tanks.

I am very interested in the new Kanger Subtank though...

Maybe i'm mistaken but i am not aware of anybody saying "all" , what i believe to be true is most do rebuild , or should i say more do then don't. I also do not think the cost of the new sub ohm heads will be more expensive than the BVC'S , maybe slightly more.

Taking on any additional cost is not something many seem to be interested in who are already happy with their setups .

As a matter of fact , i started a thread in another forum awhile ago that asked " are you satisfied with your gear or do you still buy new stuff " most newbies said they were still buying regularly , most who said they have vaped for years said they do not buy anything anymore except wick and wire .

Of course exceptions exist.

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Maybe i'm mistaken but i am not aware of anybody saying "all" , what i believe to be true is most do rebuild , or should i say more do then don't. I also do not think the cost of the new sub ohm heads will be more expensive than the BVC'S , maybe slightly more.

Taking on any additional cost is not something many seem to be interested in who are already happy with their setups .

As a matter of fact , i started a thread in another forum awhile ago that asked " are you satisfied with your gear or do you still buy new stuff " most newbies said they were still buying regularly , most who said they have vaped for years said they do not buy anything anymore except wick and wire .

If you look at the membership numbers of forums like this I think you'd probably realize that they represent a small sliver of the total market, and a big portion of the larger pie probably does not rebuild. Same holds true if you look at the subscriber numbers of any of the big names on youtube.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If you look at the membership numbers of forums like this I think you'd probably realize that they represent a small sliver of the total market, and a big portion of the larger pie probably does not rebuild. Same holds true if you look at the subscriber numbers of any of the big names on youtube.

Your certainly entitled to your opinion , we all have differing opinions and thats a good thing. Thanks for your response , i am not going to argue membership #'s and what the total market is , it's just not important enough to me and can't be proved either way .

People who want it will buy it and i hope they enjoy it .

Hartoled

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

So making new gear and innovations that are not aimed at more sedentary and experienced vapers is good business sense. Kinda reminds me of telephones. Eventually they will come up with something so portable and convenient that they will be able to sell it with $1000+/year contracts.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So making new gear and innovations that are not aimed at more sedentary and experienced vapers is good business sense. Kinda reminds me of telephones. Eventually they will come up with something so portable and convenient that they will be able to sell it with $1000+/year contracts.

Only time will tell if new things make good business sense , there's a market for just about everything as somebody will find it appealing . I think these will sell like hotcakes at first and if they work well even more so .

Never said these won't appeal to sedentary vapors , but from what i have read around the net , it seems long time vapors who already have found what works and their ideal setup won't be this products biggest customer base.

tombaker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The Atlantis is sub-ohming RBA (with rebuild) for dummies. As a dummy, I think I will buy one as soon, as I buy a regulated MOD that can handle it properly....I had previously thought a SVD 2 with the Evolv would handle my needs, but I need more than 20W because of the Atlantis now. A small YiHi SX-mini will probably do the trick. I think Sigelei will have one out very soon.

The head for the Atlantis are the same price as the heads for the Nautilus (1 buck more MSRP) you can already seem them priced out on the Aspire website.

These new Kanger PLANE coils will be interesting too. Certainly the Kanger Subtank is the best looking tank out there, as tanks go. I have recoiled heads, and done other rebuilding on a very basic, very basic level. I am not interested in it too much. I used to build PCs, and I am kinda done with that too.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is a great choice for someone with a mid range box mod that doesn't want to rebuild.
The question you should ask yourself is how much are the heads going to cost and how long are they going to last.

Someone should make an RBA head that could fit instead of the pre-made aspire heads, just like karger are planning for their subtank.

I suppose once it circulates a bit, people are going to start taking those aspire heads apart and rebuild them, maybe even lower then 0.5
From the vids it looks like a complex head, which i suppose will be hard to rebuild.

Hartoled

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What the heck is a "plane coil"? Is that like a stovetop?

Drone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just order the Atlantis from Vsmokers for 29.99 (use the code "grim" for a 1.00 discount. Hey... a buck's a buck right?) and a 5 pack of coils for 16.00. It's a pre-order, but that seems to be all that's available from anyone right now. They are due in next week sometime. I'm really looking forward to giving this a try. All the popular reviews have raved about it in their first looks... even PBusardo which surprised me TBH. It was fun to see PB cough his ass off trying to vape his high nic on this tank. I'm hoping somewhere down the road the Silo will be redesigned to use this coil and maybe have a tank that will hold 5ml. That would be sweet.

Depending on the reviews I will most likely also get the new Kanger if it turns out to be as good as many expect. Tanks just keep getting better and at the current prices there is just no reason not to give them a try if you like tanks.

Hartoled

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
... even PBusardo which surprised me TBH. It was fun to see PB cough his ass off trying to vape his high nic on this tank.

Yeah, I am guessing that this is not the tank for 24mg, extra shot juices. I put Yaeliq Shilati in a ProTank 2 to test it and it was like a most delicious cupcake or donut. I put it in a dual coil dripper and it was overwhelming to the point of nauseating me. But my friend puts twelve packs of sugar in iced tea so I know tastes vary a lot.

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I can NOT NOT wait!
I'm picking up 2... I Vape max VG and again lol I can NOT wait!

Drone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree Nancy. I'm more anxious for this tank than any vape item I've ordered in quite a while. The more positive reviews I see, the more anxious I am. And I haven't heard anything negative yet... just amazed vapers.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Do not really agree with that totally. I think it depends on what phase you are at in your vaping life. I have gone through all of them in my eight years of vaping . I used to love building and trying all kinds of different builds, always looking for the best, but the more I built the more stagnant I became. Then it started feeling like work. The phase I am in now, is EASY. I like putting a bvc coil in, filling up one of my many Nautilus's and just enjoying a great flavor vape. Yes, I do not get the clouds I used to, with my rda's and rba,s, but I don't really care about clouds anymore. I now get a consistent vape, I change the coil every ten days or so, and I am happy as can be. Maybe you are right, instead of thinking what my next build is going to be, I am now thinking which liquid should I vape now. The Atlantis sound like a great tank. It should have even better flavor, and I guess I will be blowing some clouds again. Different strokes
I see everyone's take on this. I am to the point I impress me. I saw a guy vaping on a Mod in front of a store that looked like it came from Star Wars. Over a foot long with a Russian 91% atty. It was big enough to crack Wal nuts with. Cops in my city get nervous when a biker type like me has anything shiny in their hand. From a ways away a Mod can look sort of like a gun. Getting shot hurts, I been there.

Hartoled

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I see everyone's take on this. I am to the point I impress me. I saw a guy vaping on a Mod in front of a store that looked like it came from Star Wars. Over a foot long with a Russian 91% atty. It was big enough to crack Wal nuts with. Cops in my city get nervous when a biker type like me has anything shiny in their hand. From a ways away a Mod can look sort of like a gun. Getting shot hurts, I been there.

LOL, Seen the Yiloong Galaxy Mod? You bring up a good point, though. I have had the same thoughts about cops seeing mods being waved around. There are so many types, shapes, and sizes, and the cops that aren't nervous might be crazy.

Last edited:

Drone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Do not really agree with that totally. I think it depends on what phase you are at in your vaping life. I have gone through all of them in my eight years of vaping . I used to love building and trying all kinds of different builds, always looking for the best, but the more I built the more stagnant I became. Then it started feeling like work. The phase I am in now, is EASY. I like putting a bvc coil in, filling up one of my many Nautilus's and just enjoying a great flavor vape. Yes, I do not get the clouds I used to, with my rda's and rba,s, but I don't really care about clouds anymore. I now get a consistent vape, I change the coil every ten days or so, and I am happy as can be. Maybe you are right, instead of thinking what my next build is going to be, I am now thinking which liquid should I vape now. The Atlantis sound like a great tank. It should have even better flavor, and I guess I will be blowing some clouds again. Different strokes

I hear ya Brad. I'm at the point in vaping where vaping is no longer a focal point of my life where it's all I think about and wanting the next best RDA and throwing the greatest build on it. Yeah, I can build great, but my focus has really changed and I'm at the point where vaping is just an important part of my life that I could never give up, but at the same time I don't want to devote a major effort into doing it. I use a Nautilus with BVCs for 90% of my vaping now and use drippers when I'm not doing other things. Dripping just takes a lot of focus and effort. Focus and effort I spend on other things important in my life ATM. But if I get the ease of a reliable tank with the full flavor and creamy, lush, big vapor of and RDA? Hell yeah, I'm in.

robtest

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Not quite sure where VapeWares in Buford,GA got a shipment of them this early, but I picked up one at lunch...

I am not a big cloud chaser... Got several 18650 and 26650 mods and some rda's (mutationX, Doge, Tobh 28.5mm/30mm) that I play with, building mostly in the .5ohm range, and I must say, this thing is pretty cool ! Better clouds than my Kanger Aerotank Turbo... And as an older user, I don't mind paying $3-4 for a coil, if I get the same 2 weeks out of them I get with my Nautilus running BVC coils. My vote is this thing is a winner... :)

Drone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm jealous Robtest... anxiously waiting for mine. But it's good to hear that normal, non-reviewer vapers like yourself think this is a good atty. Thanks for the feedback. Of course, it still sucks that you got yours and I didn't get mine :)

Hartoled

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've had it called my pacifier. I've seen cigarette smokers act like they were afraid of it. I've vaped too much. LOL

Jah

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
ok, ive had this thing since yesterday at noon. It is amazing. no leaks, vaping 90% vg juice at 35 watts constantly and not a single dry hit. Wow is all i have to say....wow

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
ok, ive had this thing since yesterday at noon. It is amazing. no leaks, vaping 90% vg juice at 35 watts constantly and not a single dry hit. Wow is all i have to say....wow

Well thats good for Aspire because the Atlantis looses to the Kangertech in the looks dept imo.

Jah

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Except that the kanger sub tank is 25 mm wide. They kind of missed the mark on that

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I was interested in the kanger, till I heard it was 25mm, now it's not even a option.

Won't take away from my rebuildables, but now got to admit I am watching for full reviews on the aspire, think it could be a good work topper mod, be easy to carry spare coils with me, but can't rebuild a atty at work though.

Hartoled

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Kanger Sub Tank @ 25mm, about 55, bux and 23 bux for the replacement coils, is something I might buy when I get really bored or so blind so that I can't build my own RTAs.

Jah

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I got to say, this Atlantis seriously has me thinking I might not pick my lemos or orchids up ever again

VU Sponsors