Become a Patron!

SUBTANK WARS

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
isnt the crown the same as the starre and magnus? the coils look identical. so im confused how this one tastes better then the starre or maganus

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
isnt the crown the same as the starre and magnus? the coils look identical. so im confused how this one tastes better then the starre or maganus
The Starre & Magnus are the same. Their coils are closer to Atlantis coils than to Crown coils.(Crown coil on the left)ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441422397.814197.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Hey Matt. The tanks are a little similar but there are enough differences between them for sure. The crown coils are about half as tall as the starre dvc. Top fill is the easiest I have used yet. And the flavor. Holy shit...... I have to try the ni200 stock but the,.25 ss is like drinking your juice. It us that flavorful. Clouds are even with Starre if it's cranked up. So this is a Def winner here. Coiks,are,reported as lasting three weeks plus under really heavy use. Time will tell. My stock coils in any other tank get me about 3 days or approx 90 ml.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 Dumbphone

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
i am guessing the coil on the right is an atlantis. the one on the left is not a starre or maganus and does not the photos i have seen for the crown, what is it?

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i am guessing the coil on the right is an atlantis. the one on the left is not a starre or maganus and does not the photos i have seen for the crown, what is it?
The Crown is on the left

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Coil on left is the crown stock coil

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
@TheVapingDevil it just seems every tank out there is either maganus/starre like or kanger like. So i have a magans and a kanger so Im not seeing the need for another tank that is just like them.

I think im leaning towards a tfv4 more then anything if i get another tank
that or just get a second maganus

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Coil on left is the crown stock coil

For comparison on the RBA this pic has RBA for crown on left and obs vct on right. Crown is biggr5and easier to build
7cb7371986f4a4cbd4bd85ac9c4f362d.jpg

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
@TheVapingDevil it just seems every tank out there is either maganus/starre like or kanger like. So i have a magans and a kanger so Im not seeing the need for another tank that is just like them.

I think im leaning towards a tfv4 more then anything if i get another tank
that or just get a second maganus
I hear ya man. If you have maganus just stick with it and keep dvc in it. They r very good performers the tfv4 is nice i hear,but coil cost, high power required and its,very thirsty give,me pause plus,i haven't seen ni200 coils out for it yet

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
the crown tanks are about 4mm shorter then a maganus, same coil design, DVC, same airflow at bottom, if you take into account the gap between the top of the cotton and coil and the top of the assembly in a maganus coil the insides of them are identical. SO the only difference can be the chimney and airflow. Just not seeing how there can be much if any difference between the maganus/starre and the crown, EXCEPT the rba deck, which does make it semi worth it for some.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I hear ya man. If you have maganus just stick with it and keep dvc in it. They r very good performers the tfv4 is nice i hear,but coil cost, high power required and its,very thirsty give,me pause plus,i haven't seen ni200 coils out for it yet

ALL 11 coils for the tfv4 are available, fasttech, ebay and soeme stores now.im not interested in it for the trip quad or six coil
i want the 2 different NI200 and the Ti coil and both rba decks.

I doubt the TC coils will drink the juice of the triple,quad or six coil
but their price is ridiculous. but i hear the out last any other coil.

and price will eventually drop
but with a single and dual coil rba deck, I might not need coils

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well my OBS T-VCT has become a leaking mess using the RBA head, not sure what has changed, as had zero leaking till yesterday morning, filled it up before work and had problems with small amount of leaking from the base, when got home, I checked orings, and had the 2 on the bottom of the head, but when put it back together, juice poured out of it, put in the 0.50ohm prebuilt coil and no leaking, so it is the RBA being the problem, will try swapping out the orings later and see if it solves it, hoping so, as was really liking this tank.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well my OBS T-VCT has become a leaking mess using the RBA head, not sure what has changed, as had zero leaking till yesterday morning, filled it up before work and had problems with small amount of leaking from the base, when got home, I checked orings, and had the 2 on the bottom of the head, but when put it back together, juice poured out of it, put in the 0.50ohm prebuilt coil and no leaking, so it is the RBA being the problem, will try swapping out the orings later and see if it solves it, hoping so, as was really liking this tank.

My RBA will leak badly when the level gets low. I find I'm constantly opening and closing the juice flow as the level lowers to try and decrease the leaks - and that's a pain when the light's bad and I don't have my glasses on LOL

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My RBA will leak badly when the level gets low. I find I'm constantly opening and closing the juice flow as the level lowers to try and decrease the leaks - and that's a pain when the light's bad and I don't have my glasses on LOL

I had no problems till yesterday, and when I got home, took it apart and then put back together, it didn't leak, the juice poured out of it right into my lap :mad:

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

So I replaced both of the orings on the RBA and it still leaking really bad, rather frustrating as didn't leak a single drop for the 1st 3 days, not sure what else I can try now, thinking of trying the smok TFV4 tank, as can get it for a good price with the labor sales on right now, and if get the kit it comes with the RBA head.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I replaced both of the orings on the RBA and it still leaking really bad, rather frustrating as didn't leak a single drop for the 1st 3 days, not sure what else I can try now, thinking of trying the smok TFV4 tank, as can get it for a good price with the labor sales on right now, and if get the kit it comes with the RBA head.

Oh no! Did you rewick? I found the wicking to be a bit of a pita also, but once right mine only leaks when it gets low.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Oh no! Did you rewick? I found the wicking to be a bit of a pita also, but once right mine only leaks when it gets low.
I'm thinking it might be wicking issues. It's not the easiest to perfect

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It could be the re-wicking, the way I've been doing it is blocking the holes with the cotton but not coming out the holes.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@Nailz where did you see and at what price for the tfv4

Ordered from breazy.com, list price is $44.99 for the full kit, but coupon code 'LABORDAY' gives you 25% off too.

Edit, but now they are sold out, maybe I bought the last one.

diceman1000

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i own a Crown and my wife has the Freemax Starre Pro... the Crown is AWESOME with the Starre Pro right behind it. the Crown has amazing flavor and great vapor production, will wick anything chain vaping, and is the absolute best build quality i've encountered on any tank. iv'e had one leaking issue because my mod was in my front pocket in 100+ degree weather walking around the county fair for six hours, juice got a bit thin... i usually get a couple of weeks out of the ni200 coils, but i like really sweet juices that usually gunk coils up pretty quick...

the Starre Pro has a little more vapor production but not quite as good of flavor and the coils last forever, in fact, i just changed my wife's first coil out two days ago, she'd been running it since August 2nd on her Sig 75 TC and running really sweet, coil gunking juice i mentioned above to boot...

DRLyman

Member For 4 Years
I'm finding that my Crown does not do too well with juice under 80/20 vg/pg. With 70/30 it spits and pops quite a bit. Going to have to change my diy juice to 80/20 now. Other than that, the Crown isn't bad. I did try 3 different coils, but all acted that way.
On the other hand, that same juice is not a problem in my Starre tanks.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Following @TheVapingDevil , I did a nickle build on the OBC T-VCT RBA head this evening, did a 3mm coil, wasn't bad at all to build, them deck screws make it easy to trap the wire well, working really well, got it set at 450F @ 30 watts and really good flavor and vapor :)

oh and solved the leaking problems, watched a youtube build on the RBA head, and showed cutting the cotton at a slant, and also said best not to top fill with the RBA head (filling it is when the leaking started) since wicking it that way and filling from the bottom, not had any leaking problems :)

Should have the TFV4 by the end of the week, looking forward to playing with that one too :D

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Following @TheVapingDevil , I did a nickle build on the OBC T-VCT RBA head this evening, did a 3mm coil, wasn't bad at all to build, them deck screws make it easy to trap the wire well, working really well, got it set at 450F @ 30 watts and really good flavor and vapor :)

oh and solved the leaking problems, watched a youtube build on the RBA head, and showed cutting the cotton at a slant, and also said best not to top fill with the RBA head (filling it is when the leaking started) since wicking it that way and filling from the bottom, not had any leaking problems :)

Should have the TFV4 by the end of the week, looking forward to playing with that one too :D
That's great to hear

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So I've sold a few of my tanks recently and might sell another soon. Been digging the Super Tanks but wanted to pop back in, catch up and see what else might magically find its way into my hand. Really considering a 3rd super tank to keep coil inventory easy but that seems crazy to only have one kind of tank.

Looks like the Crown is like, the best? I know I see a lot of people using them on the YouTube.

Will someone just tell me what the best subtank is right now? I don't care about RBA or TC. Best flavor, clouds I don't really care about either. I have RDAs for that. I'm a lung hitter if it matters. Thanks.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
So I've sold a few of my tanks recently and might sell another soon. Been digging the Super Tanks but wanted to pop back in, catch up and see what else might magically find its way into my hand. Really considering a 3rd super tank to keep coil inventory easy but that seems crazy to only have one kind of tank.

Looks like the Crown is like, the best? I know I see a lot of people using them on the YouTube.

Will someone just tell me what the best subtank is right now? I don't care about RBA or TC. Best flavor, clouds I don't really care about either. I have RDAs for that. I'm a lung hitter if it matters. Thanks.

If you dont car ebaout rba Id go maganus/starre.

TFV4 only if you want to use high watts and lots of juice.

I want the tfv4 mainly because it has 2 different prebuilt ni200 coils
a prebuilt dual coil Titanium

and has the option for single and dual rba decks

some feel the crown out does the magnus/starre stock coils by a hair. That is probably subjective. most say they are close.

other then that billow v2 and chutuluh v2 if you want to build your own coils

diceman1000

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i own both the Crown and the Starre Pro... the Crown is the all around better tank out of the two... the Starre has a slight edge in vapor production while the Crown has the edge on flavor... the Starre coils do last longer and the Starre can run all other Atlantis style coils as well...

Sent from my LGUS990 using Tapatalk

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i own both the Crown and the Starre Pro... the Crown is the all around better tank out of the two... the Starre has a slight edge in vapor production while the Crown has the edge on flavor... the Starre coils do last longer and the Starre can run all other Atlantis style coils as well...

I was just curious. How is the quality of the machining compare between these two?

diceman1000

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
the Crown is absolutely top notch in the machining and build quality department, the Starre is also very, very good...

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you dont car ebaout rba Id go maganus/starre.

TFV4 only if you want to use high watts and lots of juice.

I want the tfv4 mainly because it has 2 different prebuilt ni200 coils
a prebuilt dual coil Titanium

and has the option for single and dual rba decks

some feel the crown out does the magnus/starre stock coils by a hair. That is probably subjective. most say they are close.

other then that billow v2 and chutuluh v2 if you want to build your own coils
That flip open refill scares the buhjeezus out of me lol

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years

besides your belief the crown edges out the magus/starre on flavor
what else makes it the all around better tank?

diceman1000

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
it wicks anything efficiently, well, the .25 ohm ss coils and ni200 coils do anyway, and the flavor on the Crown is the best I've encountered. not to mention, easier top fill design, a touch better build quality, and you get more in the box when you buy it... three coils and extra glass... the Starre only comes with two coils and no extra glass...

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The only thing I'd change on the crown is, I'd get rid of the ridge around the drip tip hole.

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thanks a lot for the suggestions everyone. I like the Crown from what little I've seen so far. Interested to see how it stacks up against my latest fav, the Super Tank.

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
besides your belief the crown edges out the magus/starre on flavor
what else makes it the all around better tank?
All you need to know is that Rip GD Trippers says it's in his top 3! LOL

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks a lot for the suggestions everyone. I like the Crown from what little I've seen so far. Interested to see how it stacks up against my latest fav, the Super Tank.
Trust me, you won't be disappointed if you get one

VU Sponsors