Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Now that is a sharp looking box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
if i didnt just buy a d2 and a used 3li i would be considering buying on the treebox minis. now if they do a package deal with the tfv4 at the right price and i can get all the coils i want at the dam time, then MAYBE ill consider another mod

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think the tfv4 would look kinda goofy on that pretty little box. And it would be pretty much useless unless using tc or rba

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
if i didnt just buy a d2 and a used 3li i would be considering buying on the treebox minis. now if they do a package deal with the tfv4 at the right price and i can get all the coils i want at the dam time, then MAYBE ill consider another mod
Did you install the upgrade on the ipv, or was it already done?

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
well we all need it so these manufacturers stop throwing us garbage.

One of the big reasons i went with the D2 was it can do Ti, Well 3 weeks after getting a D2 SS is now all the rage for TC. Cant upgrade the D2. maybe they can make an update for my 3Li but I doubt it

the tfv4 was suppose to be the ultimat etank, guess what no SS coils.

top fill was suppose to be no good with tanks now its all the rage and you need to get a new maganus/starre to have that or buy another brand

kanger is still too lazy to make Ti coils for the subtank series
so are most other tank makers

most of the newest stuff including the crown are just copies of the stm or maganus.

the manufacturers are just taking what we like repackaging it and maybe adding some change to it and selling it to us all over again. Im getting sick of it.

I love the innovation, but im sick of having to buy new stuff over and over again. This is why I am a fan of the DNA200 with escribe concept. BUT NOT THE PRICE or battery configuration.

Adam Paseman

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nice looking mod, but Smok seems to have a bad rep with TC. I have an M65, and that mod has a major issue dropping the watts down with 75% still remaining on the battery.

As to the topic...tanks I have:

Smok vapor chaser-flavor-decent, vapor-decent, build quality-shitty
Atlantis 2-flavor, not good-vapor-good-build quality-pretty good
Kanger Subtank Plus-flavor-Good, vapor-decent-build quality-spotty as it leaks too much but feels good
Arctic-flavor-great-vapor-great-build quality-good
Crown-flavor-Great+vapor Great+ build quality-Great+

Crown wins easily-from way better airflow control, topfilling, and an edge to vapor and flavor, with arctic coming in second

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
well we all need it so these manufacturers stop throwing us garbage.

One of the big reasons i went with the D2 was it can do Ti, Well 3 weeks after getting a D2 SS is now all the rage for TC. Cant upgrade the D2. maybe they can make an update for my 3Li but I doubt it

the tfv4 was suppose to be the ultimat etank, guess what no SS coils.

top fill was suppose to be no good with tanks now its all the rage and you need to get a new maganus/starre to have that or buy another brand

kanger is still too lazy to make Ti coils for the subtank series
so are most other tank makers

most of the newest stuff including the crown are just copies of the stm or maganus.

the manufacturers are just taking what we like repackaging it and maybe adding some change to it and selling it to us all over again. Im getting sick of it.

I love the innovation, but im sick of having to buy new stuff over and over again. This is why I am a fan of the DNA200 with escribe concept. BUT NOT THE PRICE or battery configuration.
Dude, I'll tell you what. I liked the tc coil for the crown. It worked like a charm. But the damn nickel irritated the hell out of my throat. Stock coils are ss. If I can get a mod & do tc on the stock coils, I'll be all over that crap like white on rice. (At a very reasonable price of course)

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Nice looking mod, but Smok seems to have a bad rep with TC. I have an M65, and that mod has a major issue dropping the watts down with 75% still remaining on the battery.

As to the topic...tanks I have:

Smok vapor chaser-flavor-decent, vapor-decent, build quality-shitty
Atlantis 2-flavor, not good-vapor-good-build quality-pretty good
Kanger Subtank Plus-flavor-Good, vapor-decent-build quality-spotty as it leaks too much but feels good
Arctic-flavor-great-vapor-great-build quality-good
Crown-flavor-Great+vapor Great+ build quality-Great+

Crown wins easily-from way better airflow control, topfilling, and an edge to vapor and flavor, with arctic coming in second
No to mention you can fully disassemble it to clean (unlike the damn Arctic)

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Fuck me..... if it actually works well in tc I'll jump on that shit but I don't want to be the lab test rat lolol

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 Dumbphone

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Fuck me..... if it actually works well in tc I'll jump on that shit but I don't want to be the lab test rat lolol

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 Dumbphone
How do you explain your lust for stinky cheese then? Squeak squeak. LOL

Adam Paseman

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No to mention you can fully disassemble it to clean (unlike the damn Arctic)

You can take the arctic apart and clean it...you unscrew the top from the bottom (after taking tank apart) and it comes apart and is easily cleaned.

Another perk of the Crown is the airflow wide open is, um, "airier" than the arctic duo to the air holes in the coils and actually changing the airflow on the tank makes an actual difference...in the Arctic the coil airflow is restricted and changing the airflow on the tank doesn't make much of a diff until it is closed down a lot.

StanM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Has anyone used the stock wire that came with the crown rba? It's SS also. I was wondering how well it worked on the rba?

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Has anyone used the stock wire that came with the crown rba? It's SS also. I was wondering how well it worked on the rba?
I havent tried the wire that came with the RBA, only did a few TI and NI builds. I may try that this weekend

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Come on bro...you have to get with program and keep me updated on this stuff:p
I am trying man, but I been so busy loving on this tank and its stock coils, its hard to change it up especially with the great vape I am getting hahahah. Its so bad that I havent touched my Billows since the day I unpacked this. Also, I ordered some custom clapton coils that I havent even fired up either since the Crown arrived. I need a clone so I can vape on this while the clone tries out the other stuff hahahah

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am trying man, but I been so busy loving on this tank and its stock coils, its hard to change it up especially with the great vape I am getting hahahah. Its so bad that I havent touched my Billows since the day I unpacked this. Also, I ordered some custom clapton coils that I havent even fired up either since the Crown arrived. I need a clone so I can vape on this while the clone tries out the other stuff hahahah

I'm in love with my billows, so this must be amazing :) Are you using the Ni200 coils?

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
I'm in love with my billows, so this must be amazing :) Are you using the Ni200 coils?
Believe it or not, I am still on the stock Stainless coil. My NI200 coils (was hard to find them in stock) will arrive tomorrow so I can update you @AmandaD once I get them running... But yes so far this tank has prevented me from even trying the billows due to its amazing quality, flavor, clouds and overall ease of use.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
I have one word for you: SACRILEGE :D

Cheers,
Steve
I gotta commit to breaking out a different tank this weekend. Maybe I will put the Crown into the UC to give it a good cleaning (prob put 150 ml through it) and then I will have a need to use my billows lolol

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
View attachment 28758

My main fear is if I take it off of my MOD, the GF may pick it up to try it like she did with my VCT and then that will be gone too ugh...... I guess I will have to some late night hiding of it when she is asleep and then blame the forces of nature swept it away while we slept hahaha

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
I really like this thread. Not only is it extremely informative, but we have a lot of fun in it too.

Cheers,
Steve
Indeed, this is one of the funnest threads I have been involved with but also it is full of great information, opinions and facts. A great thread read for anyone who is looking for a sub ohm tank. What is really amazing is if you start at the beginning and see what devices we started talking about and where we are not. It is definitely apparent how fast the vaping world has and continues to change.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Anybody see this tank yet? Or am I just the last to here about it. It has a kit option that comes with a velocity style rba deck. cool.
http://www.steamcrave.com/products_xq.asp?id=53

MikeVapes youtube on it...
Anybody see this tank yet? Or am I just the last to here about it. It has a kit option that comes with a velocity style rba deck. cool.
http://www.steamcrave.com/products_xq.asp?id=53

MikeVapes youtube on it...

I was tempted by this one, but it has mixed reviews though, some love it, some not so much, and I think they spoilt the look of the tank with that airflow ring, and as I would want to restrict the airflow, I would have to leave it on.

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've only seen the one review from MikeVapes. He loved it. It's new, I'll look for more reviews but that velocity deck has my attention.

rchmx

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Has anyone gotten into trying to rebuild the coils that come with the Uwell Crown? Just purchased the tank, and want to see how that goes before buying the rba head.

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've only tried 2 subohm tanks but I like them both, isub and ijust 2. Guess I'm no profeshuna waper, I'm too cheap to try any other tanks. Crazy to me how many new tanks and mods really come out every month I'm not trying to keep up with anything, I just wanna good vape.

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've only tried 2 subohm tanks but I like them both, isub and ijust 2. Guess I'm no profeshuna waper, I'm too cheap to try any other tanks. Crazy to me how many new tanks and mods really come out every month I'm not trying to keep up with anything, I just wanna good vape.
Unless you find a tank you like so much you just gotta have 2. That's my quandary.

OE Burntpiston

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
First sub tank the aspire triton and i bought the rta kit. I did find I had to modify the openings on the rta. Now I love it, running nickle coils with Japanese cotton and almost never a dry hit. Only when i use to much cotton. Big clouds and great taste, love the top fill.

Adam Paseman

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
First sub tank the aspire triton and i bought the rta kit. I did find I had to modify the openings on the rta. Now I love it, running nickle coils with Japanese cotton and almost never a dry hit. Only when i use to much cotton. Big clouds and great taste, love the top fill.

If you are running nickel coils, are you running it on a TC controlled mod? If so you shouldn't get any dry hits?

OE Burntpiston

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I am using TC and probably should have said burnt not dry. Like I said it's only once in a while. Usally when the tank gets real low because of the wick location on the rta or coil is getting old.

IX of XIII

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I use the Triton RTA coil in my Silo Beast. Didn't have to modify anything. I'm also using nickel as well (also used kanthal in it about twice). I'm also using a vertical build. I have yet to build a horizontal in it.

OE Burntpiston

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
As far as modified, I just made the wick holes a little bigger. Now there is a slot wich is perfect for building horizontal coils. I can build it on my screw driver and just lay the hole thing in the rta. I only did that becasue a saw a few people complain about dry hits with it.

VU Sponsors