Become a Patron!

SUBTANK WARS

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
I haven't had any issues with the ones I bought from there!

Definitely try the pin trick. Take a small pin, poke twice in each wicking hole, and 4 times around the top.
Me either. Was just a report I read. Only thing that made any sense at all. Very weird

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 Dumbphone

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Don't think it was ecig that was accused of having fake crown coils...ecigexpress or something like that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I could certainly be mistaken. If so my sincere apologies

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 Dumbphone

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
ill try th epin thing
but you guys know thats not one solid piece of cotton in the coil

in frot of 2 holes are just a cotton pad that blocks the hole and are actually mounted in slots in the coil assembly
the rest of it is a series of small cotton squares packed together

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ill try th epin thing

in frot of 2 holes are just a cotton pad that blocks the hole and are actually mounted in slots in the coil assembly
Yes. However in the thread on the other forum it appears that some people had a bad batch of coils, and this worked for them.

Adam Paseman

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ill try th epin thing

Squares, triangles, circles, or one solid piece of cotton-no matter to me crown coils/tank seems to rock and roll however they are making them

I guess your more of a jazz guy

Mike300z

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
8 wrap 28 gauge ni200 Clapton coil on my crown rba, vaping around 370F .12 ohm. Sexy build! Can't wait for my spider silk ti wire!

Attachments

• IMAG1273.jpg
    IMAG1273.jpg
    317.3 KB · Views: 58
  • IMAG1278.jpg
    IMAG1278.jpg
    315.1 KB · Views: 55

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
o k
so i called vaporwerx usa
If you havent checked out their website you should

They are basically making tehir own replacement coils for many tanks, with their own custom designed housing and coils.

I was hoping to be able to get some SS and Ti coils for a maganus from them

Here is what they told me
that they would be releasing Ti coils in about 60 days
but they have no plans for SS due to health related concerns of using the metal for vaping.

I find that interesting to say the least.

SO my quest continues

anyone know of any place like vaporwerx that is making custom coils for tanks

Slurve

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My tfv4 comes in the mail tomorrow. What do I try first? Tri coil or quad? I haven't really messed with TC yet but intend to try it out eventually. Do I need to take it apart and clean it first or just throw my favorite flavor in there and start vaping?

I was thinking taking it apart (or at least taking the glass off) would probably be a bad idea because of reports of the glass chipping while being taken off dry. I checked it out at the b&m and the guy broke the glass trying to take it off to show me and he cut his hand on it. I try to support the local store because the owner is awesome but they were asking $60 for it and $24 online is much more reasonable.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
ok so SUPPOSEDLY
the CCI triforce tank blows away the crown....... but for $45 im not going to be the guinea pig.

SO whos up for it?

Slurve

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The upgrade kit looks cool but for $45 plus $20 for an rba is a little much. It turns it into an rda with a top cap.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I have the triforce tank and upgrade kit and this thing is a beast! It beats the tfv4 in vapor production and max wattage but the HUGE airflow does decrease the flavor a bit so it's subjective which is better. For me I go for the triforce. Clouds bro. The one thing I don't like is that it doesn't come with a spare glass tank and for the price it should. Speaking of, does anyone know definitively what glass tank will fit the triforce?

Last edited:

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Got my Freemax Starre Pro in Vape Mail yesterday. Doing the 0.25 Ni TC on an iJoy Asolo and loving it! I haven't had any leakage issues at all. But then again, I'm paying attention and making sure to keep the tip arrow in the off position. 30W, 400 degrees F, lower air intake at about 1/2, and tip air intake closed. Getting nice vapor density, flavor, slightly warm vape... I'm happy!

so right now I'm using the isub G paired with the innokin mvp 3.0 pro.

I'm really torn on ordering the crown. can anyone compare the crown against the isub?

the isub coils I find last me about a week, using the 0.5ohm at 28-30W.
I go through about 6-8ML of juice a day. it sounds like the crown coils should last quite a while.

also from what I'm reading, if I stick to the 0.5ohm coils on the crown, I should be able to get by with the mvp 3.0 pro, which runs up to 60w.

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've seen people not thrilled so it's not you.
The negative reviews is what got me to get the crown BUT I'm still curious lol

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
so right now I'm using the isub G paired with the innokin mvp 3.0 pro.

I'm really torn on ordering the crown. can anyone compare the crown against the isub?

the isub coils I find last me about a week, using the 0.5ohm at 28-30W.
I go through about 6-8ML of juice a day. it sounds like the crown coils should last quite a while.

also from what I'm reading, if I stick to the 0.5ohm coils on the crown, I should be able to get by with the mvp 3.0 pro, which runs up to 60w.
Yeah, the crown will work with the MVP. I wouldn't recommend using the .25ohm coil with that device. Also your battery life might be a bit shorter firing consistently at around 50+ watts. The coils should prolly last at least three week I'd think, depending on what juice you're using

Yeah, the crown will work with the MVP. I wouldn't recommend using the .25ohm coil with that device. Also your battery life might be a bit shorter firing consistently at around 50+ watts. The coils should prolly last at least three week I'd think, depending on what juice you're using

thanks! at 30W the battery lasts forever. if it drains close to twice as fast at 50W that's still fine. :)

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
thanks! at 30W the battery lasts forever. if it drains close to twice as fast at 50W that's still fine. :)
If you can find them there's a 1.2ohm coil. It's become my favorite. I highly recommend them

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
just started vaping! what sub tank would you recommend for the sigelei 75 tc box???
For ease of use & simplicity I'd recommend the Uwell Crown, with a .5ohm coil, or 1.2ohm coil if you can find them. It comes with a ni200 coil too if you want to dabble in TC. The ni200 coil does have a bit of a break in period. When you start any coil always start at the bottom of recommended range & work up to desired warmth & flavor

For ease of use & simplicity I'd recommend the Uwell Crown, with a .5ohm coil, or 1.2ohm coil if you can find them. It comes with a ni200 coil too if you want to dabble in TC. The ni200 coil does have a bit of a break in period. When you start any coil always start at the bottom of recommended range & work up to desired warmth & flavor
well when i got the box, i also got the articbtdc tank, with the .2 and .5 coils just wondering if this tank is good, kinda looking for more smoke/flavor

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
well when i got the box, i also got the articbtdc tank, with the .2 and .5 coils just wondering if this tank is good, kinda looking for more smoke/flavor
The arctic is a good tank. The crown kills it in the flavor category. And ease of use. The top fill is pretty freaking awesome on the crown. Honestly the only flaw on the crown is the drip tip, but that's pretty easily remedied

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
just started vaping! what sub tank would you recommend for the sigelei 75 tc box???
I'm late to this party today but as my two friends below have stated the crown is the one. I have a crown on my sig 75 tc at 65 watts using the .25 coil. It's ok using ni200 coil in tc but the flavor is much better with the .25

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Adam Paseman

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Arctic is no slouch, but the crown is better for sure. Just ordered the aromamizer rdta as ive heard great things about it.

pescadore

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I really like my Aspire Triton using TC and nickel coils. The RTA for it suck though. The juice holes are too small and it doesn't wick well. When I want great clouds , I use my Velocity and drip.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
well i just got a 4 pack of crown 1.2ohm coils
These things are horrible
once again the coil has a rubber taste to it for a while
I am getting tire dof that
the last .5 coil i put in did not have this issue. but the one before it did.
The randomness of weather or not the coil will have a nasty rubber taste when you first use it is so annoying

anyway
the airflow on this is horrible
its so airy
even when you close the afc down to the least open setting its much airier then the .5 coils
the flavor is just not there either, but that may have to do with the rubber taste
even though I feel the rubber taste has subsided after the first ml or so, Im just not getting mu9h flavor, and the cloudz bro are there still

Now if you completely close off the air flow you get an interesting MTL tank but not much flavor
the 1.2 ohm coils on the original STM mini where you could close off the air flow works better

I find these 1.2 ohm crown coils a complete failure, the Kanger STM 1.2 ohn coils produce more flavor

anyone who likes these shoot me a pm ill trade you the ones i have for some .5 coils

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The .25 coils work for me best..didn't like the 1.2 much myself either..

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
i find theres not a major difference in flavor between the .25 and .5 so why use more juice and more battery life? the .5s work well for me, providd they dont taste like rubber

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
well i just got a 4 pack of crown 1.2ohm coils
I am getting tire dof that
the last .5 coil i put in did not have this issue. but the one before it did.
The randomness of weather or not the coil will have a nasty rubber taste when you first use it is so annoying

anyway
the airflow on this is horrible
its so airy
even when you close the afc down to the least open setting its much airier then the .5 coils
the flavor is just not there either, but that may have to do with the rubber taste
even though I feel the rubber taste has subsided after the first ml or so, Im just not getting mu9h flavor, and the cloudz bro are there still

Now if you completely close off the air flow you get an interesting MTL tank but not much flavor
the 1.2 ohm coils on the original STM mini where you could close off the air flow works better

I find these 1.2 ohm crown coils a complete failure, the Kanger STM 1.2 ohn coils produce more flavor

anyone who likes these shoot me a pm ill trade you the ones i have for some .5 coils
I call bullshit. They've become my go to. I think your doing something wrong. Idk wtf you're doing , but I've had not 1 damn problem with these coils

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i find theres not a major difference in flavor between the .25 and .5 so why use more juice and more battery life? the .5s work well for me, providd they dont taste like rubber
133492919ce0aefbaa6de8a1765c829a.jpg
using dual batt mods I'm not worried about batt life as they go two days vaping the .25 at 65-70w..awesome flavor and vapor..better than the .5, for me anyway....money saved from not buying 4 cartons of Marlboro a month anymore buys alot of juice...it's all good bro... Lol

Last edited:

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
you can call BS all you want - if you got 3 new .5s pm me your address Ill trade ya half of the coils I install for the crown have that nasty rubber taste which is just annoying as fuck, but goes away in a tank or 2, IF you can stomach that taste for that long. Which atm I have no need, I threw the .5 coil back in and the 1.2 is just sitting there now. I also got a new 4 pack of Ni200 coils
Im goin to try one of those here later and see if it wicks properly so while in TC mode it will actually prevent a dry hit. If not, Im highly considering putting my crown and all its coils up for trade. Im just getting sick of all the issues I have with this tank

ANd I really doubt its something Im doing
since I get some .5coils to work just fine when they are new.

I think there are QC issues at the factory

cascadian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love everything about the crown, except for their cheap ass nasty coils. They are dirty! The only way I can tolerate them is if I run them through a few cycles in an ultrasonic cleaner filled with vodka before trying to use them. Tried distilled water and it didn't seem to cut through whatever the problem is. I then leave them sitting out overnight to allow for complete evaporation. I still have one out of eight coils that I can't tolerate the break in period, but that is far better than the seven out of eight that tasted that bad before I started doing this. It has to be either poor quality materials or contamination during manufacturing. I'm leaning towards suspecting cheap dirty SS wire. If they aren't dirty why would it make a difference? After using the Crown for months now, I think the problem is getting worse rather than better. Or I have just grown tired of burning through 5ml of juice that tastes like crap each time I change a coil waiting for that chemical/fuel taste to go away.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Im having great results soaking those coils in Everclear & letting them dry.

Sent from my LGMS345 using Tapatalk

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love everything about the crown, except for their cheap ass nasty coils. They are dirty! The only way I can tolerate them is if I run them through a few cycles in an ultrasonic cleaner filled with vodka before trying to use them. Tried distilled water and it didn't seem to cut through whatever the problem is. I then leave them sitting out overnight to allow for complete evaporation. I still have one out of eight coils that I can't tolerate the break in period, but that is far better than the seven out of eight that tasted that bad before I started doing this. It has to be either poor quality materials or contamination during manufacturing. I'm leaning towards suspecting cheap dirty SS wire. If they aren't dirty why would it make a difference? After using the Crown for months now, I think the problem is getting worse rather than better. Or I have just grown tired of burning through 5ml of juice that tastes like crap each time I change a coil waiting for that chemical/fuel taste to go away.

In my experience you get that taste when you don't take quite enough time to prime the coils properly. They can be primed enough to work, but you do get a very funky taste. However, if I take longer to prime them I don't get that taste at all!

I did try cleaning the coils, but I'd only get about a tankfull out of them after that. I did take one apart after cleaning, and I could see why! Also, I suspect cleaning them compresses the cotton so that they don't seem to perform as well. At least that's my experience.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
11657f6970437a5c028dfc92184b6b46.jpg
Stainless .25 coils I get from Premium Vapes are outstanding (they are a official Uwell dealer)... These coils take about a tank of juice to be properly broken in for flavor, and they definitely like higher wattages... I don't have a problem with them vaping great right out of the box, and their lasting about 2 to 3 weeks before needing replaced...which works great for me!

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a TFV TVF4 or some shit from slow tech, ordered 2 Crowns, Been so long I don't even remember. Their damn close to loosing my biz.:cool:

VU Sponsors