Become a Patron!

Suggestions on a starter kit?

KayOhBe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Wooooo! Congrats on your new purchase. I hope, like myself, you too're fully satisfied with it. Also, I've seen the videos you mentioned and am glad they helped tip you towards the Subox. For me, the Subox is a great stepping stone to lead me into an RDA setup as I've gotten some hands on experience with rebuilding. Not only that but when I do get my first RDA deck, I'll still be using my Subox tank while I'm at work. Good times ahead brotatoe, good times ahead. [:=

Sent from my CM 12.One using Tapatalk

Last edited:

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Once I can get more of a hang of this vaping thing. Then I will try and read about rda stuff. Baby steps. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KayOhBe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Remember, there's a bunch of tutorials on building the RBA (aka RTA or even RBTA) on YouTube and a whole lot of people here in these forums that're willing to help, assist, and advise you on your building adventures.

Het

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I was a huge istick fan. yesterday I got a Coolfire 4, and couldn't believe the difference. The build quality, feel, and overall look of it is top shelf. VaporDNA has them for $30. I ordered from them, and got it in less than a week.

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Really I actually want to give my wife my old setup since we can't find hers and actually thought about that cool fire. But was told I can't use my nautilus on the cool fire

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Too late now. Since I already ordered the subox

Het

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Why couldn't you use the Nautilus on the Coolfire?

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Because my nautilus is not a sub ohm according to new shop I went to and in order to get any of the new mod box I would need new setup

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Like I said I'm new to vaping. I'm more trying to stop smoking newport 100s. So I guess I'm taking there word for it. Right now my nautilus which I hated is on a u20 box

Het

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
A Nautilus would work on a Coolfire, and many other boxes. I ran one on a istick 50 and 30 for a while. I'm relatively new to vaping myself. I had my last cigarette on january 4th. I started with Nautlilus's, then discovered the Lemo. I run the Lemos with a 1.1ohm coil and make my own juice. You're in for a treat when you move on to rebuildable deck tanks.

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Question istick 40tc or Coolfire.

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Just because a box is designed to run sub ohm tanks doesn't mean the tank must be sub ohm. My old aspire tanks (the Nautilus little brothers) work just fine on my kbox as well as my isub, sounds to me like the vape shop is feeding u a load of bs to try to get u into a bigger sale, not cool. As for the istick tc v cool fire iv, I'd go for the innokin since u are a fairly new vapor and tc may not be something you'll ever use, I don't know if I ever will personally. Also with the istick tc your wattage is set in temp mode to a straight 40 w, u can only adjust the temp, which to me just seems kinda strange. If you're willing to spend a little extra and want an istick the 100 w will be out soon and it takes dual 18650 batteries and it has on board charging, you'd need matched batteries and you'd have to keep them married to that mod, but u can get 2 Samsung 25r from liionwholesale for like $15 with shipping, using one in my kbox right now and it works great. I believe the istick 100w is gonna be around $40-$50. Thats more power than most will ever need at a very good price. It's all about where u wanna go. If temp control is something u really wanna play with there are lots of options.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

Het

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Question istick 40tc or Coolfire.

I've only had the CoolfireIV a couple of days, but I am more than highly impressed. Other than being a work of art itself, it has a bunch of cool things about it. One of my favorites, is that it lets you 'draw' up to fifteen seconds, compared to the istick's ten seconds. I like vaping at lower watts, and taking a long, smooth hit. My isticks and MVP20 cutout before I'm done with my hit. The Coolfire's extra five seconds makes all the difference in the world to me.

This place has them for $29.99.

http://www.efun.top/40w-innokin-cool-fire-iv-2000mah.html

I posted VaporDNA above, but that's not where I got it.

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Update:
Just got my subox. Wow I love it. It's awesome. Blows clouds and flavorful. Found sweet spot at 32.5 watts on .5 ohms. Any suggestions to try. I'm currently running a thick juice on this wattage.

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
759dad59f8ce2b2a94260f3f930f58a1.jpg

KayOhBe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yayyy! Congratulations brotatoe! I'm so glad you went with the Subox after and I'm sure you are too [:=

VU Sponsors