Become a Patron!

SvoeMesto KAYFUN V4! Anxiously Awating!

WilliamC83

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
After seeing these TEASER pics of the upcoming Kayfun V4, I have to say I'm VERY EXCITED! Considering that the Kayfun, KFL & KFL+ basically set the bar for RTA's in the industry, I have VERY HIGH hopes for the V4 to raise it yet again.
Its hard to really make heads or tails of anything from these pics but one thing is for sure, its a completely new design. Again, its hard to tell but it looks like there's approx. 6 holes going around below the chimney, just above the base, which I imagine are juice feed holes. If that's the case, which I'm 99% sure it is, then I have feeling wicking will be fantastic with this design, even with high VG juices which has gotten more & more popular nowadays. It also looks like, on some of them, that the top of the chimney is threaded, which if so would signify to me that it will use a GLASS tank & O-Rings. That would be GREAT! No more plastic tanks with super fine threading that strips if you just look at it wrong.
I can't really make anything else out from these pics but if you noticed something that I didn't please share your thoughts. What features would you like to see in the V4 design?
Who else is anxiously awaiting the V4? Man the suspense is KILLING ME! I CAN'T WAIT!

If you see any sneak peaks/teaser pics of the V4 that aren't posted here then please, by all means share them.

Also, I tried to get an answer for this from the source but got no reply. Regarding the first pic on the left, what part of the new V4 design do you think that is? Personally, I think we will have the option to use either a SS or Glass tank on the V4, so the picture is probably of the SS tank section?

The Last Supper! PBusardo & The SvoeMesto Team's KAYFUN V4 Secret Squirrel Meeting. Click on the attachment to see the FB correspondence.
10154153_10152364646555547_609204211499776925_n.jpg

First YouTube review of the Kayfun V4, by Todd:

Attachments

• SvoeMesto KAYFUN V4!.jpg
    SvoeMesto KAYFUN V4!.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 268
  • Kayfun V4 TEASER!.jpg
    Kayfun V4 TEASER!.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 252
  • The Last Supper.PNG
    The Last Supper.PNG
    492.2 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:

2ndInCommand

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
They need to make the connection screw separate from the block screw, like the russian does. I HATE that the block moves every time I need to adjust the center post. I have 5 Russians and one kfl+ for that reason only.

WilliamC83

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
They need to make the connection screw separate from the block screw, like the russian does. I HATE that the block moves every time I need to adjust the center post. I have 5 Russians and one kfl+ for that reason only.

+1 on that, excellent suggestion.

Eric DeCastro

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
build deck of the V3.1 and the base with the single or dual air hole vertically centered. making the center pin wider and air intakes wider so no need for drilling or enough where drilling makes the air flow wide open. come factory with flat top cap. and wide bore drip tip.

i thought i bought the last of my vape gear for the next few months. geeezz

WilliamC83

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
EDITED ORIGINAL POST to include some new (to me) pics & information.

Last edited:

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Will they finally be using a pyrex tube (instead of polycarbonate) in this version? :rolleyes:

WilliamC83

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Will they finally be using a pyrex tube (instead of polycarbonate) in this version? :rolleyes:

That's one of the million dollar questions my friend. As of yet there's been no confirmation from SvoeMesto on any design details. If you look VERY closely at the teaser pic of the chimneys & bases in my OP it looks like some of the chimneys are threaded at the top. If that's the case, then I would wager it DOES use glass tanks & O-rings, otherwise why would the top of the chimneys be threaded? Considering that most RBA's, even the low end/cheap ones, come with glass tanks nowadays I can't see SvoeMesto using any kind of plastic in the V4 design, that would be going backwards IMHO.

2ndInCommand

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Phil is always bitching that he hates using a tool to refill,etc. If he's involved, maybe there will be some kind of sliding fill port or clicking airflow control

Ellipsis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
hmmm...start that hype wagon!!!
be thoroughly dissapointed on the released version...
the version 2 russian has glass, no tools required, better airflow/juice flow...
something svoe mesto refused to address, for how many years...
rah, rah , rah. sis-boom-bah, goooooooo svoe mestoe...
go ahead folks, keep driving with the emergency brake on...

WilliamC83

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Phil is always bitching that he hates using a tool to refill,etc. If he's involved, maybe there will be some kind of sliding fill port or clicking airflow control

First off I want to make CLEAR, that at least to my knowledge, PBusardo is NOT directly "involved" with the design, manufacturing or production of the Kayfun V4 or ANY of SvoeMesto's products for that matter. Its common knowledge that PBusardo does some of the most comprehensive, informative & in-depth vape gear reviews to date. He is one of the biggest names in the vaping community so naturally he's going to be privy to certain devices & information before there release, for the purpose of the products review. From what I know, all he was privy to was a personal sneak peak of the V4, as well as meeting the SvoeMesto team. Based on their FB correspondence, which I attached in the OP, I don't think he received the device yet. He wasn't allowed to take any pics of it or leak any details of the design, so don't bother asking him.

WilliamC83

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
the version 2 russian has glass, no tools required, better airflow/juice flow...

I don't know where you heard the Russian 2.0 has a glass tank but regardless, that sir is INCORRECT! It has the SAME acrylic & SS options as all the previous versions. You can get a quartz kit for it but I digress. As for your other statements, well I would suggest you at least wait until you actually see the V4 before making such claims, lest you end up with your FOOT IN MOUTH! Just saying.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Like the Russian V2

Ellipsis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i heard nothing.. i own it and it has a glass tank...vaping it as i peruse the forum... the fill port works flawlessly, the airflow is excellent and toolless to adjust...
yeah that kayfun lite was a real game changer...perfect airflow for all draw types/ eliquid thicknesses...no adjustment required...
just sayin... hype is overrated...he will release with many flaws and use the vape community as his r & d dept...while pocketing your money
and laughing all the way to the bank...
no need to get butt-hurt... not everyone is a kayfun addict...
probably should have taken the high road and not said a word...but thats not fun !!
im sure it will be epic...
and dont call me sir, sir:p

WilliamC83

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i heard nothing.. i own it and it has a glass tank...vaping it as i peruse the forum... the fill port works flawlessly, the airflow is excellent and toolless to adjust...
yeah that kayfun lite was a real game changer...perfect airflow for all draw types/ eliquid thicknesses...no adjustment required...
just sayin... hype is overrated...he will release with many flaws and use the vape community as his r & d dept...while pocketing your money
and laughing all the way to the bank...
no need to get butt-hurt... not everyone is a kayfun addict...
probably should have taken the high road and not said a word...but thats not fun !!
im sure it will be epic...
and dont call me sir, sir:p

Oops, sorry about that, Miss Ellipsis, my bad. I didn't get butt-hurt at all, I just don't like misinformation, there's already WAAAY too much of that in the industry. Are you absolutely, 100% SURE that your Russian 2.0 tank is glass? Ive watched SEVERAL reviews & just checked SEVERAL websites & not ONE of them says ANYTHING about it coming with a glass tank, only clear acrylic & SS. This doesn't make any sense, PBusardo even mentioned in his review that it doesn't come with a glass tank & how can a glass tank have threading that fine? Am I missing something here?

Last edited:

WilliamC83

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
YEP! Just skimmed through PBusardo's YouTube review of the 2.0 & he confirmed, at least with the one he got, that it comes with acrylic & SS tank sections, NO GLASS! He even stated that he would have liked to see it upgraded to glass. Again, are you 100% SURE that your not confusing the acrylic for glass? Unless you got some kind of newly released & updated version I don't understand how it could possibly be glass, I mean is it even possible to make threads that fine on glass? Ive never seen it before.

Last edited:

crazydmnd

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That's one of the million dollar questions my friend. As of yet there's been no confirmation from SvoeMesto on any design details. If you look VERY closely at the teaser pic of the chimneys & bases in my OP it looks like some of the chimneys are threaded at the top. If that's the case, then I would wager it DOES use glass tanks & O-rings, otherwise why would the top of the chimneys be threaded? Considering that most RBA's, even the low end/cheap ones, come with glass tanks nowadays I can't see SvoeMesto using any kind of plastic in the V4 design, that would be going backwards IMHO.
If it did have a threaded chimney, that would be just like SOVs v2 glass kits:
http://science-of-vaping.myshopify.com/collections/v2-glass-kit

I have one of these and it is an awesome design, no more accidentally pulling you glass tank apart trying to get it from your pocket ;) done this several times with other glass kf kits....

But looking at the pic, i can't tell if they're threaded or not.

Amir_Wazir

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I hope they still have an all-steel option for the tank. The fact that the tank is held together with threading is one of the best things about the Kayfun IMO. I've had extremely frustrating experiences with glass/acrylic tanks that are sealed with an o-ring + pressure. Do not want.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
See through stuff looks cool, but a Kayfun in all stainless steel mode is a pretty durable piece. Anything I use as a daily driver has to have an all ss option. I absolutely love my 3.1, looking forward to seeing the new model.

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Those holes look very interesting.
I'm pretty sure that's the top of the tank, and it's upside down. Probably a top filler.

What I'm concerned about is if this thing actually has airflow, or if it's another overhyped mouth to lung tank. I hope they made this thing flow some air. The mouth to lung guys already have the older Kayfuns

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Big airflow is ok with me if it can be choked down for non lung hitting tank usage.
Exactly the way they should design these types of tanks. Make them wide open, but with the ability to tighten the draw. It's easy to choke off draw, but it takes a drill press to open up an otherwise restrictive one lol

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
wondering how long it takes for someone to clone these lol

WilliamC83

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I will be getting one for SURE! This paired with my new Vapor Shark rDNA40 should be an EPIC COMBO! I'M SO STOKED!!! This is HANDS DOWN the most excited Ive ever been for an RBA, CAN'T WAIT!

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
any word on the price?

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
nope but given all the hype, new design, extra parts i bet they price it north of $200. nice tank but ill wait on the clones

lol yup same here.. no atty is worth $200 imo

WilliamC83

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
nope but given all the hype, new design, extra parts i bet they price it north of $200. nice tank but ill wait on the clones
lol yup same here.. no atty is worth $200 imo

Well after a year or two of using this cheaper, "better value" clone watch how the tolerances of the machining get worse & worse over time because of the crap quality steel. Might be too rich for your blood but Ive owned several clones & the quality of the steel & machining doesn't even hold a candle to a genuine. Vape with whatever you want, to each their own but the SUPER precise machining/build quality on the 316 Medical/Dental Grade Stainless Steel that's implimented in the V4 will be SHITTING all over any clone that ANY manufacturer will EVER PRODUCE! You can buy a $40-$75 clone every year or two or get Genuine V4 ONCE & it will last you well over a decade, quite possibly more, the choice is yours.

WilliamC83

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

So Ellipsis, do you still think the V4 is all hype? Looks like it has practically every feature one could possibly want in an RTA. The biggest concern I see people having is with the esthetics, which has NOTHING to do with how it vapes. Personally I like the design, 3 different configurations & all included in the kit. The other main issue people seem to have is with the alleged price, which is rumored to be around $170 but that's not definitive. I imagine it will be around that price range though, especially with the high quality 316 SS. Personally I don't mind paying a premium for quality & perfection, you won't get that with ANY CLONE, I don't care what ANYONE SAYS!

Amir_Wazir

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well after a year or two of using this cheaper, "better value" clone watch how the tolerances of the machining get worse & worse over time because of the crap quality steel. Might be too rich for your blood but Ive owned several clones & the quality of the steel & machining doesn't even hold a candle to a genuine. Vape with whatever you want, to each their own but the SUPER precise machining/build quality on the 316 Medical/Dental Grade Stainless Steel that's implimented in the V4 will be SHITTING all over any clone that ANY manufacturer will EVER PRODUCE! You can buy a $40-$75 clone every year or two or get Genuine V4 ONCE & it will last you well over a decade, quite possibly more, the choice is yours.

Given that atomizers don't exactly have any moving parts ( at least any I've ever seen ), I fail to see how the tolerances are going to get significantly worse over time, even with "lower-quality" steel.

WilliamC83

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Given that atomizers don't exactly have any moving parts ( at least any I've ever seen ), I fail to see how the tolerances are going to get significantly worse over time, even with "lower-quality" steel.

Well it may not have "moving parts" per say, however your unscrewing & screwing together those parts on a daily basis, do you really think that has no effect on the tolerances of steel, especially softer, lower quality steel. My Kayfun 3.1 clone vaped great for the first 11 months, now there is a noticeable amount of play in the threading of the chimney, tank section & top cap, now for some mysterious reason it vapes like crap. Muted flavor, wicking issues, just CRAP! Ive even taken it to a shop & they couldn't see anything wrong with it, AT ALL! It boggled their mind what the problem could be & we all agreed it MUST be the lower quality steel. PLEASE tell me what else it could be, enlighten me?

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well it may not have "moving parts" per say, however your unscrewing & screwing together those parts on a daily basis, do you really think that has no effect on the tolerances of steel, especially softer, lower quality steel. My Kayfun 3.1 clone vaped great for the first 11 months, now there is a noticeable amount of play in the threading of the chimney, tank section & top cap, now for some mysterious reason it vapes like crap. Muted flavor, wicking issues, just CRAP! Ive even taken it to a shop & they couldn't see anything wrong with it, AT ALL! It boggled their mind what the problem could be & we all agreed it MUST be the lower quality steel. PLEASE tell me what else it could be, enlighten me?
its probably lower quality steel, do you know who manufactured it? and i also think you are missing the point here, its not about quality standing alone its about quality and price or better known cost-benefit. for most of us that get the exact same vape from clones, and get a great life out of them the cost benefit is clear when the authentics are priced at $200 and clones are $30. especially those of us that know how to shop for clones using reviews, word of mouth, manufacturer reputation hardly ever get duds or shitty quality products and since the manufacturer and vendor have a good rep the problem is always solved if there is one. i dont need a tank to last me decades i just need it to give me an awesome vape until the next awesome vape comes around and even then my old gear is in great shape bc i know who to buy from. clone shoppers get to experience all of the tanks and rdas and still get to eat. good clone shoppers get an even better deal when you factor in quality and machining. im all for authentics that make sense as to why they are priced like that like vaporshark rdna or beyond vape solara, custom high quality boxes and evolv chips already put it in the $125 range then add business expenses/warranties and it makes sense. charging $200 for tanks is just insane and its why china has such an edge here and will continue to have an edge until they can bring the cost down

BornInBlood

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
its probably lower quality steel, do you know who manufactured it? and i also think you are missing the point here, its not about quality standing alone its about quality and price or better known cost-benefit. for most of us that get the exact same vape from clones, and get a great life out of them the cost benefit is clear when the authentics are priced at $200 and clones are $30. especially those of us that know how to shop for clones using reviews, word of mouth, manufacturer reputation hardly ever get duds or shitty quality products and since the manufacturer and vendor have a good rep the problem is always solved if there is one. i dont need a tank to last me decades i just need it to give me an awesome vape until the next awesome vape comes around and even then my old gear is in great shape bc i know who to buy from. clone shoppers get to experience all of the tanks and rdas and still get to eat. good clone shoppers get an even better deal when you factor in quality and machining. im all for authentics that make sense as to why they are priced like that like vaporshark rdna or beyond vape solara, custom high quality boxes and evolv chips already put it in the $125 range then add business expenses/warranties and it makes sense. charging $200 for tanks is just insane and its why china has such an edge here and will continue to have an edge until they can bring the cost down
+1
Thanks for writing my thouths.. ;)

Only thing to add from my side:
1. "Personally I don't mind paying a premium for quality & perfection, you won't get that with ANY CLONE, I don't care what ANYONE SAYS!"
Why are you here and writing in an open, international forum, when you DONT CARE WHAT ANYONE SAYS"? But at least you honest saying that you are ignorant.. I mean i can understand this feeling from being a psychopath.. ;) But i dont see the point in writing here and wasting time, if you already chose to keep your feeling of being "right", by simply ignoring anyone else (which usually done by people, who already have a sub conscious feeling that the outside world could be true, even if they dont realise it yet).
2. Love your authentic s till 2024. I sold my Kayfun and first RBA yet, because i like good, innovative, advanced devices more, then using a device for decades, only to try to prove i am right.. I buy clones and originals, but only with a reasonable price. Just because the originals that were my first RBAs are sold today, and i regretted spending all that money. In other areas like clothes e.g. i dont buy stuff for hundreds of dollars.. i go to H&M.. ;)
I am much to interested in vaping, in new developments, into tweaking, modding, ect. that i could ever stay with one device for a whole year. But even someone with very low interest wont be happy with one device, no matter how great it may be today, seen over years.
Vaping is developing so fast, and not the biggest best company is able to build something, that will have the same level of attraction on year later. FACT.
But okay, many people like to live in their small world. Okay, if it makes them happy. But when i get angry is, when like in my country, ppl who own extremely high prices stuff, bitch at vapers like me, who have to sanity to see the relation from price to quality.
Another bad thing is ppl trying to find reason to not buy authentics.. But with the today quality of many clone makers in china, there are no other reasons then to support an original designer, if this is wanted. Other reasons dont exist, so the make up some. Like the ever and ever told story of the higher grade SS. We got no studies regarding this in our special application. Vaping should of course be much safer then smoking, but at the moment there is some kind of a crazy fear hype in our community, which is absolutely without real proof. Instead of screaming and bitching, actually checking this scientifically would be the only option.. Till then, someone using this pseudo argement is just someone bending the "truth" to his benefit..

2ndInCommand

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So there is one reason these things are getting too expensive, that is perceived brand placement. I used to collect autographs, and back in the day, Ted Williams and Joe DiMaggio didn't like each other, and they were the biggest brands on the autograph circuit. They were really the first ones that ushered in high fees to sign . Williams would find out what DiMaggio was charging, then he would tell the promoter he wouldn't come unless he got more. Joe D did the same thing, because the best st player should get the best money, and their brand was being the best. It's the same with these things. Squape R went overboard (as if a c note wasn't enough) then the erl said we are better and people will know it because we are more expensive. I want one, but this thing will be more than both of those tanks for the above reason. Total bullshit.

DeadShort

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hope we get some reviews soon.. I'm a kfl fan, I have 3 "so called quality clones" - LOL! and a genuine v.2 -
The genuine sees 90% of my use.. go figure..

WilliamC83

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
First YouTube review of the V4, by Todd:

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
yep, as much as i may disagree with that price im thinking about buying one in the future (the p3). a good 1:1 kayfun 4 would fit and work exactly the same

yup agree here - I'll deff be getting the KF clone when it drops.. im anxiously waiting!! the P3 would need to come down to the price of the 2.5's before I'd be sold on it.. like 180-200$ max would be a perfect price .. the 2.5's should honestly be 100$ with the old tech that it has - especially when you can get the sigelei 100watt for like 75$ now

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
A $5 pack a day habit would pay for it in about 3 months. If I had the cash I'd be all over it. The only tough decision would be what color provari. I only need two setups. A kayfun with appropriate mod and a dual coil dripper with appropriate mod. I have yet to find my perfect dripper setup. I just found my perfect tank setup.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
A $5 pack a day habit would pay for it in about 3 months. If I had the cash I'd be all over it. The only tough decision would be what color provari. I only need two setups. A kayfun with appropriate mod and a dual coil dripper with appropriate mod. I have yet to find my perfect dripper setup. I just found my perfect tank setup.

yup.. i think thats what most of us want for setups

I rock a KF with a stingray X and a dual coil CLT v2 at the moment.. waiting for the box mods to drop a little more in price before I pick one up.. with the way things are going I'm thinking in the next couple months the prices will come down a lot more.. then by that time the v2's should be out on most of them too hopefully fixing most of the initial problems..

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
yup agree here - I'll deff be getting the KF clone when it drops.. im anxiously waiting!! the P3 would need to come down to the price of the 2.5's before I'd be sold on it.. like 180-200$ max would be a perfect price .. the 2.5's should honestly be 100$ with the old tech that it has - especially when you can get the sigelei 100watt for like 75$ now
if the p3s were at or under $200 i wouldve already bought one, but at the same time ill be using this and my vaporshark for a long time the way i look at it

im gonna get just the basic titanium one when i do. since my shark is black they would make a nice pair with some tanks, i think the brushed looks best anyway and its the cheapest

VU Sponsors