The BOREAS RTA by Augvape and Roxy

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Its the cost of High end gear..which I love but I do understand the financial impact....but you wont have to replace it as it will last longer then most mods you own....I love my castigador...its simple, small and strong....I wish they would make a Quad 186560 Castigador/Tirdaor/...

I'm pretty sure its worth it - just not sure it's worth a divorce, lol.

84Harley

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Can we just stop the shenanigans...I have to listen to my kids arguing nonstop since they come home from school to the point they pass out and the last thing I like reading or seeing is people doing the same shit in the place I escape to....

Hopefully the last word on this, but I've been a non smoker for almost a year, slowly decreased my nic down to zero!. I now vape mostly for the throat hit simulating smoking (40 yrs worth) and cause its a fun hobby....fuck what u all think of that, works 4 me and I'm smoke free, that's ALL that matters!!

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Hopefully the last word on this, but I've been a non smoker for almost a year, slowly decreased my nic down to zero!. I now vape mostly for the throat hit simulating smoking (40 yrs worth) and cause its a fun hobby....fuck what u all think of that, works 4 me and I'm smoke free, that's ALL that matters!!

AGREE!!!

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
funny-gif-10.gif

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Can we just stop the shenanigans...I have to listen to my kids arguing nonstop since they come home from school to the point they pass out and the last thing I like reading or seeing is people doing the same shit in the place I escape to....

I couldn't agree. more. For anyone wanting to derail, argue, one-up, disrespect or hate on anyone, we have a whole section for it near the bottom of the forum. Take it there, leave this thread for the discussion of which it started.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Who hurt you Naumov? Show us where the bad man touched you. Or were you just born a prick?

I suppose you could call it smoke replacement therapy. But it isn't drug replacement. People are addicted to tobacco because they are addicted to nicotine. If it didn't have nicotine, nobody would have ever kept fucking smoking it. Once you do become addicted, there are psychological and behavioral reinforcements. Oral fixation, habitual patters. But it's nic. People can smoke grass too, but they don't. Gee, I wonder why.

So if you want to replace smoking with vaping, great. If you want to chew gum instead, great. If you want to replace nail biting with pen chewing, good for you. But replacing smoking with vaping isn't drug replacement.

If you are doing a harmful behavior, the goal should be to stop. Replacing one bad thing for a less bad thing may be better, but it doesn't make it great. Vaping is not better for you than not vaping no matter how you want to slice it. I accept that little fact because the nicotine is worth it. For those that vape zero nicotine, do what you like. But for what fucking reason. You are putting your very important lungs at an unknown risk just to satisfy an oral obsession? Find something that doesn't potentially harm your lungs to do instead. Call it behavior replacement therapy.

I'm sorry if the truth hurts, but here is a little fact.... Replacing one nicotine delivery system with another nicotine delivery system isn't a fucking nicotine replacement therapy. Is that so really hard to understand? Replacing one addictive opioid substance with a less harmful addictive opioid substance doesn't solve your little opioid substance addiction problem does it? I'm mean not od'ing and shooting up rat poison is definitely a step up. But it doesn't exactly sound like you love taking subox that you can't get off of. By all means do what is best for you, and what works for you. I have found nicotine and caffeine to be the only drugs I can do that won't ruin my life. I haven't put another drug in me in 15 years. If you want to solve your drug problem, stop taking them. It's not rocket science.

It's hilarious that you think I actually read your posts.

F

fckaugust8th

Amen, brother, AMEN!

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Raymo, get that PWM board and make you a triple 18650 series box. Regulate the voltage PWM style with regulated efficiency with the feel and overall vape of an unregulated mod.

With a PWM board you can set it to virtually anything. around 8V max and 2.5V minimum with a good potentiometer could be achieve in a 2S lipo or dual 18650 setup.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Raymo, get that PWM board and make you a triple 18650 series box. Regulate the voltage PWM style with regulated efficiency with the feel and overall vape of an unregulated mod.

With a PWM board you can set it to virtually anything. around 8V max and 2.5V minimum with a good potentiometer could be achieve in a 2S lipo or dual 18650 setup.
Id be scared to fire some of my builds with a triple 18650....I already have a few of those....Im looking for more headroom then 3/4 18650's...I figured Lipo was a safer option for their discharge rates

I wish they never stopped production on the PIP Box....

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
It is, but when you add cells in series, you also draw lower amps at higher watts. Unless you're looking to vape 320 watts and above, PWM is very safe in a triple 18650 series setup as long as you're using 25A+ continuous discharge cells. But if you really want to draw over 50 amps, lipos are the way to go. PWM is nice (though you do have to deal with a slightly loud NNNNNNNNNNNNN sound when you hit the firing button, rattlesnake effect times 100) and you can adjust the voltage to buck down to as low as 2.5-3V or as high as nearly the full voltage load of the cells after sag.

Get a 4S 4,200mah 30C lipo. 16.8V. Set it up with a good potentiometer and you can have a range of like 4-14.2V and amperage headroom for days.

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
It's hilarious that you think I actually read your posts.

Yet you keep replying and discussing. Amazing.

Yes, I'm all done. Obviously, I vape. I hate tobacco. But I did smoke. Vaping is much more acceptable to me. But I really don't care who does what and how or why. Vape zero nic. Drink near beer. Have a sugar free coke. If you can do drugs recreationally, knock yourself out. I can't. It's all good to me. I certainly do what I want and I don't need to justify it to anyone. I wasn't trying to make any blanket judgments on anyone. Peace out.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
It is, but when you add cells in series, you also draw lower amps at higher watts. Unless you're looking to vape 320 watts and above, PWM is very safe in a triple 18650 series setup as long as you're using 25A+ continuous discharge cells. But if you really want to draw over 50 amps, lipos are the way to go. PWM is nice (though you do have to deal with a slightly loud NNNNNNNNNNNNN sound when you hit the firing button, rattlesnake effect times 100) and you can adjust the voltage to buck down to as low as 2.5-3V or as high as nearly the full voltage load of the cells after sag.

Get a 4S 4,200mah 30C lipo. 16.8V. Set it up with a good potentiometer and you can have a range of like 4-14.2V and amperage headroom for days.
I have some MAXAMPS batteries from my Slash and they are 6S 30C 5000Mah, thats what I was going to originally use for the Battery. Im not worried about noise but I may just take the PWM route if necessary...I just want to be able to fire a .04 and higher without issues...

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
You could turn a 6S lipo into a PWM box, just avoid cranking the potentiometer up LOL. That wiring diagram they provide is convoluted as all hell, I'm a fucking electrical engineer and I have trouble with it as first glance because they fuse all the paths. Takes a second to differentiate the pathways. With a lipo box you'd be wiring it to a deans/XT60/etc. But if you're REALLY looking to go over 60A, I recommend you void connectors entirely, go with 10-12 gauge wire on a lipo and just solder it directly to the board.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
You could turn a 6S lipo into a PWM box, just avoid cranking the potentiometer up LOL. That wiring diagram they provide is convoluted as all hell, I'm a fucking electrical engineer and I have trouble with it as first glance because they fuse all the paths. Takes a second to differentiate the pathways. With a lipo box you'd be wiring it to a deans/XT60/etc. But if you're REALLY looking to go over 60A, I recommend you void connectors entirely, go with 10-12 gauge wire on a lipo and just solder it directly to the board.
I already have the XT60 and the Traxxas ID connectors, I'd use them as I know they dont hold back on the current. I also have 14g Solid Copper lines, should I switch to 12g? The wiring may be an issue at first but Ive got some decent soldering skills and with time Im sure I could rig it together....I just want this box done so I can do puling/super low resistance builds without damaging my other gear....thats originally why I bought the HOGs. Thanks for your input...Ill put together the rest of what I need and hopefully get it done in the next few weeks..

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
If you truly plan on going above 60A continuous loads, no standard lipo connector like an XT60 or TrID is going to be able to withstand the amp load for a prolonged period of time. I recommend 12G minimum direct wire from battery to board solder for this, 10G recommended. Otherwise you'll be dealing with some VERY hot wiring and a repeat of the Hog V1 scenario.. which you do not want with a lipo mod. Shit can get hairy real quick.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
If you truly plan on going above 60A continuous loads, no standard lipo connector like an XT60 or TrID is going to be able to withstand the amp load for a prolonged period of time. I recommend 12G minimum direct wire from battery to board solder for this, 10G recommended. Otherwise you'll be dealing with some VERY hot wiring and a repeat of the Hog V1 scenario.. which you do not want with a lipo mod. Shit can get hairy real quick.

Okay Ill go Direct connection then, hopefully I can fit 10g on there..

I know Ive shot some of my older packs with Pellets and they turn into puffbomb grenades lol

Thanks again for the info!

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
HEY RAYMO !
WHAT IS THAT CONTRAPSION ?
REDOE THAT WITH A DIFFERENT SWITCH AND A MOSFET
That was the hog...I cant...the 510 is melted and its all fused together or I would gut it....I guess I could gut it and rig up a 30mm Fatdaddy 510 in its place but its alot of trouble for nothing

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Okay Ill go Direct connection then, hopefully I can fit 10g on there..

I know Ive shot some of my older packs with Pellets and they turn into puffbomb grenades lol

Thanks again for the info!

While 6S is possible in a usable PWM mod, I highly advise you go 3-4S lipo. Plus, 60A+ draws on those kinds of packs is getting up into the 800-1,200watt+ range, so you best be bringing your A-game coils brother lol.

rolf 2

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
That was the hog...I cant...the 510 is melted and its all fused together or I would gut it....I guess I could gut it and rig up a 30mm Fatdaddy 510 in its place but its alot of trouble for nothing

is that a 4 battery 18650 ?
just wondering if the pwm board would fit in one battery compartment , then wire the 3 battery in series and it would still be a nice usable mod of decent performance with good batterys .
a dremel will make a short clean up.

rolf 2

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Hog V1 is a dual parallel unregulated box.
bummer you never get what you realy want . guess that's why I build my own boxes .
pulse width modulation is a nice way to go and only tried that with a 555 timer chip.
guess I have to order the board and a new lipo .

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
To be fair, there's no box mod switch with a true rating of over maybe 8-10A at the MOST. 30A switches in the 12-16mm range are kind of like 40A 18650's, mythical unicorns yet the rating is thrown out there a lot. Mosfets do more than just protect the switch, the eat the load instead of your batteries if something gets hairy.

With the way the mod is designed it would be easy to toss in a 3034 though.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
To be fair, there's no box mod switch with a true rating of over maybe 8-10A at the MOST. 30A switches in the 12-16mm range are kind of like 40A 18650's, mythical unicorns yet the rating is thrown out there a lot. Mosfets do more than just protect the switch, the eat the load instead of your batteries if something gets hairy.

With the way the mod is designed it would be easy to toss in a 3034 though.
I just saw that 252 Box Mods rebuilt a HOGs internals (except for series)...seems like Im not the only one to do it....
rebuilt HOG.jpg

They also make this box which I think I could actually be interested in...
12042732_519853334861315_9150301830912902965_n.jpg
12798871_516997318480250_5280825665695710621_n.jpg

Last edited:

rolf 2

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Most people think Dual Parallel is 2 batteries, not 2 sets in parallel.

I wish they still made the PIP Box....Id trade most of my mods for one...
2fb5d67957_1000.jpg
597dc4cc75c44a5da700471f3032b3fd.jpg
j
When I said dual parallel meant dual sets of batteries in parallel. I'm too literal for my own good sometimes.
my bad misunderstood that . so the pip is what ?3 sets of 2 parallel wired up in series , like 12.6 or so volts ? interesting ! of course for me its total over kill . but sure can see it for your purpose so .
what switching arrangement is in the pip ?

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
j

my bad misunderstood that . so the pip is what ?3 sets of 2 parallel wired up in series , like 12.6 or so volts ? interesting ! of course for me its total over kill . but sure can see it for your purpose so .
what switching arrangement is in the pip ?
Nope its a Sextuple? Parallel (1S6P)

I just want to fire some of my limit testing builds without worrying...
I wish I could find a simple enclosure for a sextuple build....Id buy 2 triple 18650 sleds and have it set up back to back like the HOG...Maybe Ill do a skeleton build but have the wires/mosfets/switch enclosed...or have it laid out on my bench.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
4.2 volts for days. It'd take a solid 30 minutes of chain vaping just to get it down to 4.1V

Best thing to do for more than three batteries is get a custom sled or just make it.

rolf 2

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Nope its a Sextuple? Parallel (1S6P)

I just want to fire some of my limit testing builds without worrying...
I wish I could find a simple enclosure for a sextuple build....Id buy 2 triple 18650 sleds and have it set up back to back like the HOG...Maybe Ill do a skeleton build but have the wires/mosfets/switch enclosed...or have it laid out on my bench.
should not be to hard to build a box , battery holder fot that .. fiberglass ectr

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
But thats around $240 in batteries to fill it up lol...and a slew of efest luc6 chargers to recharge them all

As long as it's a 4.2V box, you can wire in a USB charging board. It'll take a LONG fucking time, probably all day, but it's doable. The PiP is parallel only I believe.

1-2A is the typical USB board charging rate, then split that among every battery in the box with a little division, then you have your charging amperage rate.

F

fckaugust8th

Sweet Jesus, All mighty! Wouldn't be easier to just hook up your car battery? What in all that's holly are you gonna fire on that 24 battery rig? Besides, I guess you could use it to jump start your car if need be

Last edited by a moderator:

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
But, when is my car battery powered vape going to come?!

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Sweet Jesus, All mighty! Wouldn't be easier to just hook up your car battery? What in all that's holly are gonna fire on that 24 battery rig? Besides, I guess you could use it ti jump start your car if need be

Car battery is only 12V nominal. 24 batteries in parallel is still 4.2V.

F

fckaugust8th

As soon as the two daredevils above work out the enclosure details. I guess it pretty much rules out TC?
On the serious side,@raymo2u , I seem to remember you saying that TC mode eats up batteries faster?
I don't really understand that part. I believed it saves battery, I'm using the Boreas at 60w and 500deg F. but in power mode I fire it at 84 watts. OK, don't call me names, I's too askired of them new fangled high volutin low ohm thaigs. I know I can easily go up to 135 w with it, I did it to prove a point, and astonish the people in the vape shop but routinely I stick in the 80's.

VU Sponsors