Become a Patron!

The Daily Mixing Thread

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Does anyone know if Nic River has changed brands of nicotine they use or if the packaging is just different? One on the left is what I’ve been using, one on the right is the one that was delivered today
baaceb141c53758310bb28a2c05bb814.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Does anyone know if Nic River has changed brands of nicotine they use or if the packaging is just different? One on the left is what I’ve been using, one on the right is the one that was delivered today
baaceb141c53758310bb28a2c05bb814.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yup they have changed. They no longer use NicSelect. They use 4 brands now: PurNic, Glass, Chemnovatic, and CNT.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well Thanks to seeing this thread I said to myself I really need to make some of my Tobacco Blends~! So just did up 240 MLs and would have made a couple of big bottles but I did not have any handy except for glass droppers in 60 ML size. Time to clean and sterilize some of the 100-120's I have sitting around. Usually wait until I have a bunch but there is a few piles waiting and a Box of clean. I know they are cheap enough to buy ready to go but I look at is as Reuse Recycle so I guess I am a Green DIYer?

voicenyerhed

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well Thanks to seeing this thread I said to myself I really need to make some of my Tobacco Blends~! So just did up 240 MLs and would have made a couple of big bottles but I did not have any handy except for glass droppers in 60 ML size. Time to clean and sterilize some of the 100-120's I have sitting around. Usually wait until I have a bunch but there is a few piles waiting and a Box of clean. I know they are cheap enough to buy ready to go but I look at is as Reuse Recycle so I guess I am a Green DIYer?
I recycle my bottles until they are no longer usable. I figure one order of bottles is one less flavor I can order.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Just got through page 100! Phew! Stage one almost complete. Then.....the typing. That’s gonna take a lot longer.....

Otherwise, mixed a butterbeer custard, another Struuuberry Custard, and Shyndo’s Mint Cookies and Cream. I gotta slow down! Too many testers on my desk!

LeanPipe

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just got through page 100! Phew! Stage one almost complete. Then.....the typing. That’s gonna take a lot longer.....

Otherwise, mixed a butterbeer custard, another Struuuberry Custard, and Shyndo’s Mint Cookies and Cream. I gotta slow down! Too many testers on my desk!
Why didn't you copy paste to word?
You're a good girl to do it!

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You’ll get it! Perhaps when mounting the coil leave the rod in? As your coil looks curvy :D good look on ladies though :D
Was gonna say the same. Leave the rod in when mounting will definitely help. Watch a lot of videos on YouTube. Was really surprised I was able to do it too

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

OcagePH

Member For 1 Year
Welcome to DIY! It would be helpful if you can post the recipe so that others can help with suggestions.
Oops im sorry. Here is the recipe im trying to make tfas are strawberry ripe at 3%, v. Bean icecream at 2%, i replaced the cheesecake graham with graham crust at 4.5 percent. Cap Sweet Strawberry at 5% and another problem i have no super sweet. Therefore the only I have are the ones with percentages. I did it on a 10ml bottle with the rest of the body is vg.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Oops im sorry. Here is the recipe im trying to make tfas are strawberry ripe at 3%, v. Bean icecream at 2%, i replaced the cheesecake graham with graham crust at 4.5 percent. Cap Sweet Strawberry at 5% and another problem i have no super sweet. Therefore the only I have are the ones with percentages. I did it on a 10ml bottle with the rest of the body is vg.
The TFA Cheesecake Graham Crust is a really great flavor.....and kind of part of the Mother’s Milk/Unicorn Milk profile. It creates a creaminess that gives you that mouthfeel you’re looking for. And it will be present on the exhale. Maybe look up a recipe for a clone of Mother’s Milk(there are dozens) on ELR or ATF and check out what others have done.....it helps when you’re starting out. And, as many will tell you, single flavor testing, although tedious, is essential.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Good day. I just got my few diy items and im trying out to mix mothers milk. My problem or lack of experience is the inhale is the one that I can only taste but there are no hints or flavor on the exhale. Much thanks.

Did you give it time to age and infuse? Most flavors need time IMO even flavorless needs time for VG/PG and Nicotine to infuse. If I shake it and still see the different liquids separated it needs more time. Good Luck~!

YooVonny

Member For 4 Years
Oh I completely forgot. Got a thumbs-up from my sister on the second RY4 recipe I tried for her.

Couldn't quite grasp that she actually liked it, until I realized that I had mixed it with salt nicotine. That explains it. That damn salt nic takes the taste right out of juice.

So I made her another 120 ml of it and used up most of the rest of the salt nic. Moving on now...

If I mix the RY4 again with freebase nic, I'll have to reduce flavorings in the recipe by 1/3. That seems to be the way it's working out - if you mix a freebase nic recipe with salt nic, increase flavorings by 50%. If you mix a salt nic recipe with freebase nic, reduce flavorings by 33%. Just my observation.

Ive heard it said (read) where RY4 and other 'tobacco' type flavorings should really be made with regular nic and not salts.
I assumed this thought, along with requiring longer seeping times, was because RY4 type juices really needed the taste of oxidized nic to add its flavor and bring them together.

But maybe Im looking at that the wrong way and salt nic actually dulls flavors instead ?

OcagePH

Member For 1 Year
Did you give it time to age and infuse? Most flavors need time IMO even flavorless needs time for VG/PG and Nicotine to infuse. If I shake it and still see the different liquids separated it needs more time. Good Luck~!
I tried it to be a shake and vape no nic or sweetener included in the mix. Ill let it sit for a moment in a dark cool place then. Thank you so much.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Ive heard it said (read) where RY4 and other 'tobacco' type flavorings should really be made with regular nic and not salts.
I assumed this thought, along with requiring longer seeping times, was because RY4 type juices really needed the taste of oxidized nic to add its flavor and bring them together.

But maybe Im looking at that the wrong way and salt nic actually dulls flavors instead ?

I think salt Nic does mute flavors. Sister had complained before that juice I made for her was too strongly flavored, and my thinking is that the muting caused by the salt Nic toned the taste down enough that it wasn't overpowering to her.

I know I've had to modify recipes that I mix for myself and my son because of the salt nic, as I said, by increasing flavors by about 50%.

LeanPipe

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I did leave the mandrel in, a crochet hook lol. It didn't look too bad with bare eyes haha. Took the photo and could see the big mess I made lol. It works, but takes a while to get hot on my pico squeeze. It tastes ok on my q box. Almost used up my roll of wire, but got more on the way. I am going to practice and keep trying!

LeanPipe

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Good day. I just got my few diy items and im trying out to mix mothers milk. My problem or lack of experience is the inhale is the one that I can only taste but there are no hints or flavor on the exhale. Much thanks.
Welcome! I am going to say also, some creamy juices need time to sit and steep. You will be a pro mixer in no time! Then you will never have enough flavors lol. It is called going down the rabbit hole lol!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Mixed up something new for the first time in a while today.

Praline Cream

TFA Pecan 3%
TFA Pralines and Cream 11%
Hangsen French Vanilla Ice Cream 6.5%
Capella Super Sweet 3%

Tastes fabulous on the back of my hand, but I have no empty device to vape it in right now. As soon as I do, I will update.

It's heavy on flavors, but I am finding that higher percentages suit my taste better.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I did leave the mandrel in, a crochet hook lol. It didn't look too bad with bare eyes haha. Took the photo and could see the big mess I made lol. It works, but takes a while to get hot on my pico squeeze. It tastes ok on my q box. Almost used up my roll of wire, but got more on the way. I am going to practice and keep trying!

Small crochet hook is a great idea. I have a whole set of the things!

LeanPipe

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What can I mix up with fa choc glazed doughnut?
I am thinking of making the bronuts recipe, and subbing with cap yellow cake.
What's the going % with fa cgd? I think I did 2% tester but it could be stronger?

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

For practice purposes, when you finish a coil, and it's not to your liking, take your pliers while holding the coil on the mandrel and pull it out straight again. You can reuse the same piece of wire over and over again to save wasting a new piece every time. Once you get a little comfortable with winding, then cut new wire and wind up your masterpiece. :)

LeanPipe

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
For practice purposes, when you finish a coil, and it's not to your liking, take your pliers while holding the coil on the mandrel and pull it out straight again. You can reuse the same piece of wire over and over again to save wasting a new piece every time. Once you get a little comfortable with winding, then cut new wire and wind up your masterpiece. :)
Yeah, I have been making them and ditching just so I can check the ohms. I can straighten once, but that 28agw is pretty fine lol. Everything is so confined, the deck, then you gotta pull a wick through and I am bending and tugging lol. I am trying to get comfortable with the fact that electricity is involved and testing testing.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The TFA Cheesecake Graham Crust is a really great flavor.....and kind of part of the Mother’s Milk/Unicorn Milk profile. It creates a creaminess that gives you that mouthfeel you’re looking for. And it will be present on the exhale. Maybe look up a recipe for a clone of Mother’s Milk(there are dozens) on ELR or ATF and check out what others have done.....it helps when you’re starting out. And, as many will tell you, single flavor testing, although tedious, is essential.
I couldn’t have said it better :)

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I’m trying some vape train chocolate milk right now at 7%. I just got it today and it’s really good snv. I found a chocolate I like! And it’s not tasting burnt on my ~100 watt single coil.

Then VTA Chocolate Milk is going on my order list for next payday. :) I too have yet to find a chocolate I actually like.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
What can I mix up with fa choc glazed doughnut?
I am thinking of making the bronuts recipe, and subbing with cap yellow cake.
What's the going % with fa cgd? I think I did 2% tester but it could be stronger?
I’ve been rolling it with WF Brazilian Coffee at 2% and FA CGD at 3-4% and a few other flavors. I haven’t remixed the Bronuts recipe yet, but I’ve thought about it. I’ve also considered mixing it with Devon cream, Irish cream, Creme de menthe and, of course, custard.

LeanPipe

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I’ve been rolling it with WF Brazilian Coffee at 2% and FA CGD at 3-4% and a few other flavors. I haven’t remixed the Bronuts recipe yet, but I’ve thought about it. I’ve also considered mixing it with Devon cream, Irish cream, Creme de menthe and, of course, custard.
I am going to do the bronuts tomorrow. Using cap yellow cake I got recently instead of the fw. Also the fa choc donut instead of caps. I really like bronuts, and I am almost out.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Did some mixing today.
Screenshot from 2018-09-09 13-55-50_1.jpg

60ml of Circus Animal Cookies
30ml of a new recipe (Frogberry Cheesecake). If this turns out good, will share.
30ml of Le Frenchie (not a clone, that was an error). If it turns out good, will share.
30ml of Southern Pecan Custard. Trying a couple different tings to finalize it, and will be sharing soon.

VU Sponsors