Become a Patron!

The Daily Mixing Thread

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Think I saw a pretty interesting Boston (Bavarian) cream doughnut on ATF?
Found this.....
https://alltheflavors.com/recipes/28129#bavarian_cream_doughnut_by_slashalo

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I might have to check that out, but I also should’ve mentioned the cream filling I like for donuts is the fluffy white (almost whipped cream-consistency) type of filling as opposed to the heavy, off-white/yellowish, Bavarian cream that has the consistency of pudding.

How dare you incinerate that I don’t know how to use big words!

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Might want to try FA zeppola and FA joy

Just looked those up and you’re spot-on with those ideas. Have to add that to the cart for next time. Thanks!
I don’t typically look at the reviews on BCF unless I’m having to research what a flavor is supposed to taste like and it looks like the reviews for FA Joy have changed a bit...looks like it used to be universally loved, but they possibly changed the formula and the reviews now are mixed from just needing to know how to use it in recipes to yeasty-fermented flavor or beer.
Anyone bought and used any recently?

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just looked those up and you’re spot-on with those ideas. Have to add that to the cart for next time. Thanks!
I don’t typically look at the reviews on BCF unless I’m having to research what a flavor is supposed to taste like and it looks like the reviews for FA Joy have changed a bit...looks like it used to be universally loved, but they possibly changed the formula and the reviews now are mixed from just needing to know how to use it in recipes to yeasty-fermented flavor or beer.

hell man, you might as well buy all the flavors for my deep fried oreo. That will have a lot of flavors you could use in a long john lol

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Fa Joy is great i use it a lot also others sell it as happy biscuit it's just a rebrand of it but same stuff under Flavour max in UK but still FA

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
I mixed these up last night and early this morning:

Dragon Candy(WIP) made some slight tweaks, nothing major.
Crunchy Berry Cupcake
Slutty strawberry crunch(ELR) some tweaks of my own.
Fruity cereal(WIP)
Hard dragon custard(WIP)
INW dragonfruit, it's good by itself.

Howard Hughes

the way of the future....
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I’m still pretty new to the DIY scene and most recipes I’ve made that worked out were from someone else...I’ve made a couple on my own, but nothing worth writing home about.
I don’t have a very extensive flavor stash, so, I don’t think I have all I need to make that flavor or what flavors are out there that would be good to use, but I had a few ideas.
I’ve got INW-Milk Chocolate and TFA-Double Chocolate (Clear) for maybe the chocolate, FA-Fresh Cream, FA-Vienna Cream and a touch of WF-Tahitian Vanilla Cream or CAP-Vanilla Bean Ice Cream...maybe even some TFA-DX Whipped Cream for the filling, but don’t have much in the way of making a dough flavor outside of some INW-Biscuit and a bit of FA-Almond.
So, I’m still a ways from getting some more flavors to round that recipe idea out, but it’s on the burner as an In Progress recipe, for sure.

Unless you have the "old formula" Inawera Milk Chocolate, you may not have much luck with the INW. I also have FW Dark Chocolate & don't really care for it, either. My best chocolates lately come from mixing FA Chocolate, FA Cocoa & TFA Double Chocolate.

I like Joy & will use Zeppola once in a while (although that one fades quick & is a little "dry" for me), I REALLY like FA Metaphor for bakery/pastries. Do yourself a favor & maybe check that out.

voicenyerhed

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mixing up a batch of Grape Soda...again. This time at 10%. This is so much higher than I mix anything else at it feels wrong. Probably gonna keep searching for an alternative after this bottle of flavoring runs out...which won't be long at this rate, lol!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The 20 flavors I ordered from BCF the other day came in, so, now I’ve got some cereal flavors and tobacco flavors!
90e80dc48bc0d2157ef1d4df07cc9c73.jpg

Think I’m gonna try out something like:
CAP-Cinnamon Danish Swirl
RF-Cinnamon Toast
TFA-Dairy Milk

And then maybe:

TFA-RY4 Double
TFA-Western
FA-7 Leaves Ultimate

I’ve just gotta figure out what percentages of each would be best

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just tried to adapt/sub this:
4b28cac2fdef37a9d073e79b46949424.jpg

And ended up with this:
5dbd23c4294837c37da048b79db0290b.jpg

I think having to sub for the main ingredient was overkill at 5% because it’s just heavily cinnamon at the moment...it’s a work in progress or maybe some steep time will chill it out some

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ugh...my OCD won’t stand for this long
c7ee489cc52f8e4597d28210846d47b6.jpg

Gonna have to get a bigger box or start multiple boxes which means figuring out an organizational method to splitting them up. What kind of system do you guys have? Just a “Hunt and Peck” type of thing...Fruit Flavors, Pastry, Cereal, Tobacco maybe? Alphabetical? By brand?

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
Ugh...my OCD won’t stand for this long
c7ee489cc52f8e4597d28210846d47b6.jpg

Gonna have to get a bigger box or start multiple boxes which means figuring out an organizational method to splitting them up. What kind of system do you guys have? Just a “Hunt and Peck” type of thing...Fruit Flavors, Pastry, Cereal, Tobacco maybe? Alphabetical? By brand?

I use simple boxes, I just reach and grab really, but I do know where my most often used flavors are. I keep saying I'm gonna reorganize, then I forget and now it's too much of a hassle to really bother.

Last edited:

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I bought my first pod system and my juice tastes really light on flavor. I did 60/40 and used Water Malone just because I had to make the juice really quick. It's also a little harsh but I think that's because I bought these stupid bottles that already have Nic salts in them and the Nic was super dark. Wondering if that has anything to do with it being hard too taste?
What do you guys/gals do for pod/mtl systems? Thanks in advance.

Edit- these are the salt Nic bottles I used. I know it wasn't smart probably but I was time limited.
6a3dab441ccac77506d7f8ddc2f84f4f.jpg

Last edited:

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mixed up a few new juices to try out along with a staple juice I use:

Cinnamon Toast Crunch - 10ml
Apple Jaxx - 10ml
Marlboro - 10ml
Tigers Blood - 60ml

Oh, and I tried to stare a juice into steeping more quickly...bastard was so stone cold that it didn’t even flinch when I deCAPitated it’s little friends...get it...decap? I’ll let myself out...

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got something like this-
black-cabinet-with-clarified-drawers-akro-mils-small-parts-organizers-10124-64_1000.jpg

I label each drawer something and put the flavors in accordingly. Its easy to find what I want.

I have two of something similar. One has 64 drawers and the other 36. I have 210 flavors and they easily accommodate them all. I can easily add another 100 flavors. I label them as flavor types. Some flavors need more than one drawer so I have Strawberries - FA, Strawberries - Shisha, Strawberries - TPA, CAP, etc. I like this method as I keep them in a very dark spot, out of sight and mind of everyone. The way I mix is I pull all the flavors I want for a recipe, mix it, then put them away, then pull out the next batch. If I don't do it this way, I'll screw up for sure by adding something I don't want into the recipe.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have two of something similar. One has 64 drawers and the other 36. I have 210 flavors and they easily accommodate them all. I can easily add another 100 flavors. I label them as flavor types. Some flavors need more than one drawer so I have Strawberries - FA, Strawberries - Shisha, Strawberries - TPA, CAP, etc. I like this method as I keep them in a very dark spot, out of sight and mind of everyone. The way I mix is I pull all the flavors I want for a recipe, mix it, then put them away, then pull out the next batch. If I don't do it this way, I'll screw up for sure by adding something I don't want into the recipe.
Only the cool kids use these :shades: :D.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I bought my first pod system and my juice tastes really light on flavor. I did 60/40 and used Water Malone just because I had to make the juice really quick. It's also a little harsh but I think that's because I bought these stupid bottles that already have Nic salts in them and the Nic was super dark. Wondering if that has anything to do with it being hard too taste?

Edit- these are the salt Nic bottles I used. I know it wasn't smart probably but I was time limited.
Did you add that stuff to some nic you already had?

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Did you add that stuff to some nic you already had?
No those are empty bottles that have just enough salt Nic in them so you can make 15ml of 0nic juice in it and get 15ml of 45mg of salt Nic ejuice. I did not use any pre made juice because it all has reg Nic and I was told it doesn't taste very good when you mix them.
I just gotta order some good salt Nic. Instead of buying these pre made bottles I should of just made some reg juice at 18mg or something. I prefer to chain vape and that's not really feasible on 45mg juice, 2-3 puffs and I need a break lol.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years

The color will not matter. Nic Salts oxidize very quickly, but it will not go "bad"..
What system did you pick up?

I have collected more than my share on the pod mods.. and atm playing with the vendii fitt..

29511649_10155300444012374_1979127832726021057_n.jpg

the first pod system I really like, even over the plyrock.. you can add your own liquids.. and even change out the wick.. one pod so far isn't bad, there is a tiny muting, but adjusting a recipe shouldn't be hard. I can even fit it on my key chain.. ;)

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
The color will not matter. Nic Salts oxidize very quickly, but it will not go "bad"..
What system did you pick up?

I have collected more than my share on the pod mods.. and atm playing with the vendii fitt..

View attachment 107214

the first pod system I really like, even over the plyrock.. you can add your own liquids.. and even change out the wick.. one pod so far isn't bad, there is a tiny muting, but adjusting a recipe shouldn't be hard. I can even fit it on my key chain.. ;)
Thanks for the info, I'm finding the more I vape it the less harsh it seems and the more flavor I get. Still makes the juice taste different but I guess that's normal anytime you use a juice in a different manner then your used to.
I picked up a couple Mi-pod systems. To be honest I only got them to try and get my wife back off the stinkies. I figured in order to be able to make her decent juice I'd have to get my self one as well for testing purposes lol. I doubt it will happen but I really hope with all the crap going on all these pod systems will start coming out with at least semi rebuildable pods. I like that the Mi-pod has pods you fill yourself but I really wish I could rebuild them or at the very least rewick like the one you have.
The Mi-pod is even smaller then I thought and also comes with keychain/lanyard attachment. I won't use it but my wife might. Here it is compared to a already small squonk.
ba381fe46f7b77a8f72f9083c6ddc731.jpg

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the info, I'm finding the more I vape it the less harsh it seems and the more flavor I get. Still makes the juice taste different but I guess that's normal anytime you use a juice in a different manner then your used to.
I picked up a couple Mi-pod systems. To be honest I only got them to try and get my wife back off the stinkies. I figured in order to be able to make her decent juice I'd have to get my self one as well for testing purposes lol. I doubt it will happen but I really hope with all the crap going on all these pod systems will start coming out with at least semi rebuildable pods. I like that the Mi-pod has pods you fill yourself but I really wish I could rebuild them or at the very least rewick like the one you have.
The Mi-pod is even smaller then I thought and also comes with keychain/lanyard attachment. I won't use it but my wife might. Here it is compared to a already small squonk.
ba381fe46f7b77a8f72f9083c6ddc731.jpg

she might like it.. there is yet another version of the mi-one.. it's not shabby and you can buy coils for it..
I had one at one time, loved it but i never keep the pod mods around, always finding someone that needs it more..
the beauty of getting someone else off the smokes is the best feeling in the world!
watching their eyes light up over good juices I think, comes second! :)

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
I haven't really got into tropical stuff. FA mango is the only one I have. Any thoughts on it?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Wasn't directed to me, but FA mango is pretty solid, but at least to me it tastes artificial, not in a bad way, but it seems like it's the mango from a sherbet as opposed to a fresh mango, still nice and sweet.

As for a recipe, maybe try:
1.5% FA mango
.75% FA white peach
1.5% FA peach
1% INW shisha strawberry
1% TFA juicy pineapple or .25% FA pear

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wasn't directed to me, but FA mango is pretty solid, but at least to me it tastes artificial, not in a bad way, but it seems like it's the mango from a sherbet as opposed to a fresh mango, still nice and sweet.

As for a recipe, maybe try:
1.5% FA mango
.75% FA white peach
1.5% FA peach
1% INW shisha strawberry
1% TFA juicy pineapple or .25% FA pear
That has every flavor my gf asked for. Mixing it now!

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Not sure about that one up there, I put "360 day steep" on it lmao

This Caramel Butter Custard though makes me smile, 120mL of it and I know it'll get better with age
Screenshot_20180325-174132.png

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Looks good. I'm gonna order the flavors

Oh yeah and here's one I was working on awhile ago. It was kind of an accident that it came out like lava flow because this was another one of my stinkie quitting juices.
I still haven't been able to incorporate coconut yet. When I was working on this juice I only had 2 coconut flavors (cap & tfa) and both seemed to take over the lava flow type of flavor and turn it into something completly different.
I think tfa coconut candy might work but haven't tried it yet.
I know it's not tropical really but this mango sticky rice is top notch. I've been vaping it all weekend.
6a130dddf15656a50a7e497ef1d94699.jpg

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Oh yeah and here's one I was working on awhile ago. It was kind of an accident that it came out like lava flow because this was another one of my stinkie quitting juices.
I still haven't been able to incorporate coconut yet. When I was working on this juice I only had 2 coconut flavors (cap & tfa) and both seemed to take over the lava flow type of flavor and turn it into something completly different.
I think tfa coconut candy might work but haven't tried it yet.
I know it's not tropical really but this mango sticky rice is top notch. I've been vaping it all weekend.
6a130dddf15656a50a7e497ef1d94699.jpg

Oooh, this looks good! I don’t have the TPA Swedish gummy.....but I do have Caps SL Swedish gummy.....I might mix it up with that.

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Oooh, this looks good! I don’t have the TPA Swedish gummy.....but I do have Caps SL Swedish gummy.....I might mix it up with that.
Everyone's different but I think they both taste very very similar. Should be a great sub.
When I first started this recipe the Swedish gummy was just to try and add that chewy texture, but it ended up being more important to the flavor then I thought even at that low of a %.
If you try it out let me know it's been awhile since I mixed it up myself. Maybe ill mix it tomorrow.

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mixed up some Phoenix Juice that I notice @Letitia9 mention the other day. As a S&V it was pretty good except for a bit of a bitter taste that tastes like an orange peel.
Then I just had a few ideas for some other recipes and came up with these 3 that I made 10ml bottles of...not even going to test them as S&V, gonna let them steep for at least 3 days, if not longer...I’m pretty surprised that the Banana Split one smells pretty tasty!
32be6e20272962938d46635560aa8cf7.jpg
3240a74754c8a7952dcab0bb0a9c4947.jpg
06ba95c53b142611c4af5de6e10b88f6.jpg

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Testin' it up 10ML per-
  • FE-Banana
  • FE-Goji Berry
  • JF-Mint
  • JF-Hazelnut
  • INW-White Grapefruit
I got some Inawera Grapefruit (yellow) from Vaperstek a while back. I love it, love it. I looked for it at my regular vendors and alls they offer is this White Grapefruit. So I'm thinking there's gotta be a reason. It must be good? Mixing the tester just now smells like cat piss lol! I'll try tommorow.

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just made 60ml of Strawmalone and 30ml of Apple Jacks...thinking Apple Jacks might be my new favorite all day vape, until I can get a good Cinnamon Toast Crunch recipe nailed down, at least.
It’s strange...aside from Bird Brains by Cuttwood (Fruit Loops), I’ve never really given cereal juices a shot...it’s a shame to have been so wrong for so long.

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
Just made 60ml of Strawmalone and 30ml of Apple Jacks...thinking Apple Jacks might be my new favorite all day vape, until I can get a good Cinnamon Toast Crunch recipe nailed down, at least.
It’s strange...aside from Bird Brains by Cuttwood (Fruit Loops), I’ve never really given cereal juices a shot...it’s a shame to have been so wrong for so long.

You are part of the collective now.
giphy.webp

By the by, what apple jacks recipe you use?

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You are part of the collective now.
giphy.webp

By the by, what apple jacks recipe you use?

I found this one on ELR
0995d971c5497ae67d085900882d51c2.jpg

And after subbing (and eliminating) from not having certain flavors, I ended up with this
0b7853310687158e3a93d04d6e883bc5.jpg

Apparently, the base cereal flavor (FW-Apple Jacks) was not liked too much from most folks, but a few people put up recipes like this one that “fix” that flavor to be a good replica.
First day or two, the cinnamon in the FW-Apple Jacks is a bit overwhelming, but after day 3 it falls to the back and the apple comes through

VU Sponsors