Become a Patron!

The Daily Mixing Thread

voicenyerhed

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I mixed 120ML of Squonk's Strawberry Ice Cream.

My fricken tounge has been fried the last two days. I hate this shit. I can't enjoy anything. I drink lots of water all the time but its dry and irritated. I need to get some tanks than run on lower wattages when this happens.

I'm thinking about a Nautalus2 and/or a Spirals. Maybe Atlantis styled coils or some kind of Kanger is what I need. I build too but I like to use half subtanks. Do any of you guys use a tank that runs well between 25-40W?
The smok baby beast can run that low on factory coils. That's what my wife uses.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Have you ever tried a light vinegar rinse? Doesn't sound like something that would help but it helps me when I get the rare BAD vapers tongue. I normally mix like 5% vinegar to 95% water and swish it a couple times quickly.
Also vaping strictly fruits for a day can help as well. Even after the rinse, I honestly think it's something in some of the creams or vanillas that does it because I never got vapers tongue before I started vaping cheesecakes and bakeries.
This is just a couple things I do and might not work for everyone.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Thanks, if it helps you, it's worth a shot. I haven't tried it before. I think maybe SnV is doing it to me. I gotta let stuff settle down before vaping it.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I mixed 120ML of Squonk's Strawberry Ice Cream.

My fricken tounge has been fried the last two days. I hate this shit. I can't enjoy anything. I drink lots of water all the time but its dry and irritated. I need to get some tanks than run on lower wattages when this happens.

I'm thinking about a Nautalus2 and/or a Spirals. Maybe Atlantis styled coils or some kind of Kanger is what I need. I build too but I like to use half subtanks. Do any of you guys use a tank that runs well between 25-40W?
Kanger is my go to subtank....but the best one I’ve tried has to be the Asvape Cobra. 35-45 watts, coils last forever, tank not too expensive....but....coils are a bit of a pain to get. Had to order from china(Ali something). They’re on the expensive side, but, again, they last for weeks.

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Forgot about something I mixed up last night...it was kind of like a “Drunk Dial” but instead of drunk it was a legal prescription of anti-anxiety meds and instead of dialing it was mixing...so, I don’t want to call it “High Mixing”, but it’s kind of accurate, lol...just tried it out and it’s not half bad, though I have no clue what to call it:

3.00% TFA Dragonfruit
5.00% TFA DX Whipped Cream
2.00% FA Pomegranate
0.75% FA Premium Royal Orange

How dare you incinerate that I don’t know how to use big words!

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Forgot about something I mixed up last night...it was kind of like a “Drunk Dial” but instead of drunk it was a legal prescription of anti-anxiety meds and instead of dialing it was mixing...so, I don’t want to call it “High Mixing”, but it’s kind of accurate, lol...just tried it out and it’s not half bad, though I have no clue what to call it:

3.00% TFA Dragonfruit
5.00% TFA DX Whipped Cream
2.00% FA Pomegranate
0.75% FA Premium Royal Orange

How about Magic dragon. Like puff the magic dragon lol Idk more of a stoner thing but still kinda fits.
ca17b940bf0184e4417c723897f80b00.jpg

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How about Magic dragon. Like puff the magic dragon lol Idk more of a stoner thing but still kinda fits.
ca17b940bf0184e4417c723897f80b00.jpg

Maybe I could sub out the TFA DX Whipped Cream with FA Marshmallow and call it “Fluff The Magic Dragon”!

The only reason I went with the Whipped Cream, anyway, was to cut all of the citrus involved in the mix, so, I don’t see where swapping out to Marshmallow would change the flavor profile all that much.

Done!
8fa255749b6c64b48818baa1dc27d47e.jpg

Last edited:

jr779

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just mixed up 60 mls of a few usuals - GOC, HIC’s berry blasted cheesecake, and cubchoo custard from elr. Trying a new blueberry custard and cream from all the flavours by Tootall called appropriately, Tootalls blueberry custard and cream. Still have to mix up some Deek’s golden custard and I’m going to try After the Party from all the flavours that looks good.

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My random DIY epiphany tonight:
The concept of learning to crawl before walking.
I got spoiled on the DIY juices @Mykreign was sending my way, so I just jumped into the deep end of many multiple flavors, layering flavors, finding the right combos, etc rather than just making single flavored recipes and then with two flavors and so on and so forth.
Using a coilsmithing analogy: I got so happy that I finally could make a twisted wire coil, that I figured I could try making a set of Framed-Stapled-Flattened-Interlocked-Staggered-Fused Alien Clapton Coils.
Sorry for the randomness...pills kicked in..maybe I should try another “drunk dial” recipe and see what happens

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Tried a couple of the single flavor tests of VT flavors I've made. At 3%, the shisha raspberry is amazing, almost makes me want to pick the seeds from my teeth....but the same percentage of vanilla buttercream frosting tastes like pure barf :blech:....boysenberry is a bit weak, but definitely workable.
Also tried Milk of the Poppy that I made five days ago - http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/2094745/Milk of the poppy ....can't taste anything but sweetener and a brand new coil is undoubtedly ruined. One of these days I'll learn to leave it out. :headbang:

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
Vaped the last week and a half single flavors, I was never so happy to grab my pecan cookie mix today. Don't get me wrong single flavors are fine but bring nothing to the table body or substance wise, sadly the ones I were testing was vaping slightly flavored air but more to that later. Extremely happy to be done with that. I'll enjoy my coffee with this coookie vape and then off to work I go. Hope everybody else can enjoy their Saturday as well :)

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just bought a house and am getting into the last of the boxes to unpack. My stash of reserve juices, last-minute mixes and all that is almost up. I really should get around to refreshing my stash count.

But, feeling lazy. Might just let the last of my last bottle float me through til tomorrow. Lot of good looking recipes here in the last couple weeks, just might have to jump on a couple - all this talk of single flavor juices, though, I mean I know it would take all of a whopping 10 seconds to throw one together.

Hmmmmmmm........

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
So I mixed Simple Sugar Cookie by ID10-T.

And a couple of weeks ago, I did a thing....I ordered 10 bottles of FA Custard Premium from Chefs due to my need to always have @HeadInClouds Teddy Bear Custard in my rotation. If anyone is in need of Custard Premium, pm me and I’ll send you one....for reals. :D

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years

And a couple of weeks ago, I did a thing....I ordered 10 bottles of FA Custard Premium from Chefs due to my need to always have @HeadInClouds Teddy Bear Custard in my rotation. If anyone is in need of Custard Premium, pm me and I’ll send you one....for reals. :D
With this crazy bunch you might only have 1 left with that kind of offer lol.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I've made that one, it's pretty good. I think Sugar Cookie is the best smelling flavor I've ever had. Today I'm vaping Sugar Cookie with Milk & Honey. It's a bit heavier and darker than my normal fruits but it makes for a nice balance throughout the day.

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Hi folks. I'm new to DIY, and am still too excited to calm down and do the single flavor testing. I know I need to, and I will, soon. Right now I am being stingy with bottles until more get here from FT.

Have had some good results and some not-so-good, but nothing I've had to toss yet.

Spent some time this morning mixing up a test batch of Spumoni for myself, 50ml of Skittles (Rainbow Drops) and 30ml of Blue Raspberry for my son, and then trying to repair a botched test batch of Coconut Cake that I made for myself a couple of weeks ago. Discovered that Coconut Candy (TFA) is apparently a flavor I really cannot taste without going up toward 10%, by which time my test batch was far too high in VG and I can't vape it. My recipe started out at about 4%, and I've added coconut candy to it twice or three times, hoping to be able to finally taste the coconut. No go.

So what I did was modify my recipe to use half coconut candy and half coconut extra, changed my 50/50 mix to 60/40 pg, and then mixed up 12 ml of the new recipe minus the coconut candy (there was already approximately enough coconut candy in my initial bottle to do two 12 ml bottles). Then I mixed the two 12 ml bottles together and will let it steep again for at least a week.

Have managed to put together a heavy vanilla that is exactly what I wanted. Discovered that last night, which was day 13 for that juice. Happy happy!

I just realized that I should have added two batches worth of coconut extra to the rescue batch I mixed up this morning. :gaah:

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I've made that one, it's pretty good. I think Sugar Cookie is the best smelling flavor I've ever had. Today I'm vaping Sugar Cookie with Milk & Honey. It's a bit heavier and darker than my normal fruits but it makes for a nice balance throughout the day.
It smells amazing.....I’m so impatient. I wanna try it now!

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What does FA Torrone taste like? I want to sub if I can or just omit it. The recipe only calls for .3% so its not that much.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
What does FA Torrone taste like? I want to sub if I can or just omit it. The recipe only calls for .3% so its not that much.
Hmmmm....I don’t think there’s a sub for Torrone. I could be wrong though. @HeadInClouds maybe chime in on this one? It’s almondy, nougaty, honey-ish....very unique.

voicenyerhed

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mixed 40ml of watermelon lemonade. It's pretty good. It's the 1st lemonade flavor that I've tried that actually works. I still may tinker with it but it's definitely a good start.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Famous last words.............. Tonight isn't over yet!

Spent it in the ER because I had to rush Dad to the Hospital because of complications from a simple cold after his Obliterative Bronchoilitis. What assholes call Popcorn Lung. I never want to hear someone say it doesn't exist or they will get a freaking earful and an education.

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
Famous last words.............. Tonight isn't over yet!

Spent it in the ER because I had to rush Dad to the Hospital because of complications from a simple cold after his Obliterative Bronchoilitis. What assholes call Popcorn Lung. I never want to hear someone say it doesn't exist or they will get a freaking earful and an education.

Damn dude, hope everythimg works out and he gets better.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Damn dude, hope everythimg works out and he gets better.

Thanks for the concern but when a person has Emphysema and gone thru what he has a simple cold turns into Pneumonia even when taking medications from the Pulmonologist. Improved overnight and being moved from the ER to a room this morning so will find out from the Doctors this afternoon.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Thanks for the concern but when a person has Emphysema and gone thru what he has a simple cold turns into Pneumonia even when taking medications from the Pulmonologist. Improved overnight and being moved from the ER to a room this morning so will find out from the Doctors this afternoon.

Note: Temporary thread hijack ahead.

Steve, I really hope things resolve soon for your dad. It is amazing what can be done with breathing treatments and steroids, but disheartening and stressful for all of you, and scary for your dad, I'm sure.

My sister has had COPD for about 10 years now (she was diagnosed early, at age 43), and she wouldn't quit smoking until she was living with me, dependent on me for a while, and I basically MADE HER start vaping. I refused to buy cigarettes for her. Her condition has improved immeasurably in the past 2-3 years. Her father died of emphysema at age 59. He never did stop smoking until he was so disabled that he physically couldn't manage it. (She is actually a half-sister, and we have different fathers.)

This obviously isn't about us, it's about you and your dad's situation, but I told you that to say that I believe there is a hereditary component to the susceptibility toward bronchitis, pneumonia, and eventually COPD. If that's true, it becomes more important than ever for YOU to not smoke. I don't know what your history is with smoking and vaping, but I do hope that you'll stay with vaping, and remember your dad's situation, if the urge to smoke ever comes back to you again.

Wishing the best for your dad and your family.

Jane

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thanks @nadalama and the shit just keeps piling on because we received a call from the Nursing Home that my sister is having another Seizure and being sent to a different Hospital. (Had MS for over 35 years.) So it is going to be some long days coming up.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Thanks @nadalama and the shit just keeps piling on because we received a call from the Nursing Home that my sister is having another Seizure and being sent to a different Hospital. (Had MS for over 35 years.) So it is going to be some long days coming up.

Omg, when it rains, it pours. Sending good thoughts for your sister as well. :hug:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I don't know what your history is with smoking and vaping, but I do hope that you'll stay with vaping, and remember your dad's situation, if the urge to smoke ever comes back to you again.

At the end of this summer it ill be 4 years since I quit smoking and to do that it took me going Cold Turkey using Vaping to get me passed the 2 weeks of withdrawal hell. In the early days I had a cigarette a few times but the last I ever had will never be forgotten because the smell of it I could not get off me. Aside from my Dads current situation from Emphysema, I lost my Grandfather to Lung Cancer when I wasn't even into double digits in age. Since then I lost many family members and friends to the Illnesses caused by smoking.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Ugh....I am so sorry to hear things are so rough for you and your family. Hoping all will be well for you and yours......:hug:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ugh....I am so sorry to hear things are so rough for you and your family. Hoping all will be well for you and yours......:hug:

Greatly appreciated but right now I have one job and that is to be the rock. I always heard I am so freaking thick or hard headed so I figure I have a good start.............................

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Greatly appreciated but right now I have one job and that is to be the rock. I always heard I am so freaking thick or hard headed so I figure I have a good start.............................
Lol! I understand completely. Go be a rock!

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I mixed up some of HIC's Ginger Creme Brulee (sans ginger, subbed strawberry). See what happens in a few days.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
During the time at the Hospital when I couldn't vape I am amazed at how I can go without and not start Jonesing. But I keep saying I need to make up a bottle of High Test for times like this that are inevitably in my future but never get around to it. Going to be a Late Night Mixing Session because I need to let stuff sit and infuse and I was supposed to do it yesterday. Should I make a bottle of 24-36 like when I started? Might be a little too much if a kick in the head....

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
During the time at the Hospital when I couldn't vape I am amazed at how I can go without and not start Jonesing. But I keep saying I need to make up a bottle of High Test for times like this that are inevitably in my future but never get around to it. Going to be a Late Night Mixing Session because I need to let stuff sit and infuse and I was supposed to do it yesterday. Should I make a bottle of 24-36 like when I started? Might be a little too much if a kick in the head....

I normally vape 12mg, sometimes 18, but can't imagine going any higher, even with MTL. You don't want heart palpitations and a headache. What's your normal nic level?

VU Sponsors