The Merlin RTA by Augvape and Roxy

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Did anyone expect anything else from the FDA regulations? No, we knew it was going to be this way. But! It's a long way from over. Vaping is here to stay they can't stop it at the point. Yes they can try but the people will find a way around anything they put out.The DC is going to be flooded with petitions and letters and calls. I also expect legal challenges to be filed. The FDA has made other regulations that were overturned in court. Think about it. Are they going to put all the shops in the country out of business all at the same time? What happens to all the inventory and the people out of work? This was put out to see the kind of kick back they'll get and it's going to be LOUD! They are not just messing with people that have switched to vaping. They are messing with the family and friends of these people. Bad move FDA very bad move. :mad:

I think the best case scenario is for courts to rule vape products are not tobacco products, and thus, the deeming can't be applied as it's written.

Next best is the Cole bill passes the Senate.

rolf 2

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Did anyone expect anything else from the FDA regulations? No, we knew it was going to be this way. But! It's a long way from over. Vaping is here to stay they can't stop it at the point. Yes they can try but the people will find a way around anything they put out.The DC is going to be flooded with petitions and letters and calls. I also expect legal challenges to be filed. The FDA has made other regulations that were overturned in court. Think about it. Are they going to put all the shops in the country out of business all at the same time? What happens to all the inventory and the people out of work? This was put out to see the kind of kick back they'll get and it's going to be LOUD! They are not just messing with people that have switched to vaping. They are messing with the family and friends of these people. Bad move FDA very bad move. :mad:

well i did not expect that level of stupidity !
so lets find out all the names who voted for this and party affilliation .
next ask more questions to politions like will you outlaw the influence pedlers in congress ?
there is not much of a choice in the upcoming elections so
one mimics karl marks the other musulini and the one for sanity is for buisenes as usual .
for me the can all go to hell ..civil disobedeance .

gtrovil

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's weird but Eciggity is not saying its a pre-order. Subtanksupply says it's a pre-order but they have 89 in stock. And that's about all I see it listed at but still looking.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Did they ship yet?:bingo::bingo::bingo:LOL

Seriously, though - do we have any idea at all when they might be ready?

I don't, but first batch of Boreas was completed in a week. They started Merlin on Tuesday.

eciggity has ordered, but isn't running a preorder. So with them you can buy when they get stock.

mamutsis

Member For 4 Years
Thats it i am definitely going to get one of these, well my wife might not agree with me, but hey i can keep it a secret , who is gonna tattle on me, right? We are all friends here....

Στάλθηκε από το HM NOTE 1W μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Excited about this too - and hope they can make it soon. Need to know which atty to buy in bulk to last the next 30 years or so, lol.
I think we are going to see a shit load of new equipment come out in the next 90 days. If I had something in the works, I'd move heaven and earth to get it out before the 90 day cutoff.

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

DavidOH

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well I'm thinking I'll try getting a different coil in the Merlin other than the one I've been using for about 2 years now. (6 wrap .6 flat wire, although now I use .8) That is when the Merlin gets here. So looking at how to videos on making coils I came across this site with a lot of them. http://olympiavaporworks.com/ Click on the articles to find them. Looks like they have some premade coils 10 for $10. Think I'm going to try a Tidal Wire coil. (vol. 9) Because I have the wire size for that. Just thought I'd share in case anyone was interested.:)

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well I'm thinking I'll try getting a different coil in the Merlin other than the one I've been using for about 2 years now. (6 wrap .6 flat wire, although now I use .8) That is when the Merlin gets here. So looking at how to videos on making coils I came across this site with a lot of them. http://olympiavaporworks.com/ Click on the articles to find them. Looks like they have some premade coils 10 for $10. Think I'm going to try a Tidal Wire coil. (vol. 9) Because I have the wire size for that. Just thought I'd share in case anyone was interested.:)
10 coils for $10 is quite nice, but check out fused claptons. At 32g cores I register 1.11Ω and with 30-45w I can get a nice vape, 30w for MTL 45 for DL, both yield a great flavor beyond anything that twisting has done. The idea behind most twisted wire is trapping some juice within the coil, but no twisting can match claptoning, claptoning adds a wicking element to the coil and fused claptons do it even better. The flavor I get from these 32g FCs are on par with my lower ohm builds, which has me disregarding resistance as a major player in flavor. It's all about surface area for density, and reach for purity. I'd suggest giving @raymo2u and @CrazyChef a hit to try them out, they're both a bit more expensive but they use Sandvik wire which is higher quality and will last quite a while (I have a set of alien coils from Crazychef that have lasted 2.5 months and are still good but I finally swapped them out because I wanted to experiment with my own builds, saved those coils though). Anyways, give them a try, I hesitate to recommend things generally, but this I feel obligated to recommend, it's in a league of it's own. Claptoning is simply no match for twisting, twisting can't come close. Single strand claptoning isn't much better than twisted type builds but once you get multiple cores it simply jumps to a point of greatness that can't be matched.

DavidOH

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I get what both of you are saying and I'll keep both in mind. There's only one coil I'm thinking of trying and that's because I already have the wire to do it with. The build I've been using for along time is .8 ribbon with 5 wraps at 3/32 dia. that is just over 1ohm on the Lemo2. I run it at 38 watts. I can't go much higher due to the Lemo. I'll likely end up with coils from someone before it's done. But I like to tinker around a little just to see if I can do it not because I'm going to try anything most of you all are making.

20160503_213147.jpg

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I get what both of you are saying and I'll keep both in mind. There's only one coil I'm thinking of trying and that's because I already have the wire to do it with. The build I've been using for along time is .8 ribbon with 5 wraps at 3/32 dia. that is just over 1ohm on the Lemo2. I run it at 38 watts. I can't go much higher due to the Lemo. I'll likely end up with coils from someone before it's done. But I like to tinker around a little just to see if I can do it not because I'm going to try anything most of you all are making.

View attachment 50164
I've always been a fan of McGyver, tinkering is in my blood. The 32g coils I have were my own making, I just always throw those guys names out for those that aren't willing to do the crazy things they might want to do. I've used them to do what I can't/wasn't willing. I just feel if you're going to spend the money on coils might as well grab the best, which those two can provide. They even use the best wire so they last seemingly forever. My next job is to conquer Alien builds, got staples down last night (late night, sleep deprived, whisky induced is how I build best).

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No, it's very conservative! Took me awhile to vape them to empty yesterday so I could try some different juices, lol!
Now we're talking! I don't know what's going to happen with ejuice or unflavored nic prices later this year. This looks like it might keep me vaping longer after the taxes kick in. I̶'̶l̶l̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶d̶o̶w̶n̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶a̶ ̶b̶l̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶s̶o̶o̶n̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶I̶ ̶s̶e̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶t̶h̶o̶r̶o̶u̶g̶h̶ ̶r̶e̶v̶i̶e̶w̶ I already caved and preordered a black one. Used the coupon code for 10% off at Subtank Supply. :oops:

Last edited:

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Now we're talking! I don't know what's going to happen with ejuice or unflavored nic prices later this year. This looks like it might keep me vaping longer after the taxes kick in. I̶'̶l̶l̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶d̶o̶w̶n̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶a̶ ̶b̶l̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶s̶o̶o̶n̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶I̶ ̶s̶e̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶t̶h̶o̶r̶o̶u̶g̶h̶ ̶r̶e̶v̶i̶e̶w̶ I already caved and preordered a black one. Used the coupon code for 10% off at Subtank Supply. :oops:

Thanks for your support. Yes, with an uncertain future, Merlin will be a constant atty I'm vaping daily.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Both, lol! I love both single and dual coil vaping. I can't be hitting 6mg on Boreas at 130W late at night or I'd never sleep again :eek: I also like single coil when I wake up. Most of the day I alternate between them.
Roxy, would a fairly long (say 9 wrap) single SS Z-Coil fit in the Merlin deck on an angle?

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I need to stock up on vape bands. All my tanks but 2 are pyrex. That have to last me. I'm getting excited for an email telling me Merlin shipped!

F

fckaugust8th

Vape bands? I've seen them but don't quite get what they're used for:confused:

F

fckaugust8th

That little bit of rubber has no chance of protecting my tanks. When I drop them, I drop the tank while on top of the mod:( I need to stock-up on both. For glass, if they are a standard diameter, I can make my own as soon as I find where i put my small kiln. So far, I know it's in the garage, next to the large kiln where they were unloaded from the moving truck. Unfortunately they are "protected" by a whole lot of other stuff. Someday I'll get to them....

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
That little bit of rubber has no chance of protecting my tanks. When I drop them, I drop the tank while on top of the mod:( I need to stock-up on both. For glass, if they are a standard diameter, I can make my own as soon as I find where i put my small kiln. So far, I know it's in the garage, next to the large kiln where they were unloaded from the moving truck. Unfortunately they are "protected" by a whole lot of other stuff. Someday I'll get to them....
Plus there's always IBtanked and, I think, Spectrum. They'll make glass for you if we can't get replacements from FT or somewhere. Great.... glass tubes are tobacco. SMH

VU Sponsors