Become a Patron!

The official VAPE MAIL!!!!!!! thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yeah I did (2) packs of Marlboro Menthol ...... Oh "Lights" ..... Can't believe I did it for 25 years.........

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
I smoked from ages 13 to 31. That’s 18 years, and by the last years I was smoking two packs a day. I quit smoking two years ago on November 21st, the day I started vaping.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I smoked from ages 13 to 31. That’s 18 years, and by the last years I was smoking two packs a day. I quit smoking two years ago on November 21st, the day I started vaping.
Good job man.... I'm going on 5 years..... And I went (2) months on that Chantix I think it's the prescription.....

I saw rats, cockroaches, and two dogs fucking all the time...... In the shadows. .... What a trip to quit smoking.......

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Good job man.... I'm going on 5 years..... And I went (2) months on that Chantix I think it's the prescription.....

I saw rats, cockroaches, and two dogs fucking all the time...... In the shadows. .... What a trip to quit smoking.......

Congrats on quitting! It was impossible for me until I started vaping. Now I don’t crave cigarettes at all. :)

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

Also did the Chantix about 6 years ago...got suicidal after I quit

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
Yeah I did (2) packs of Marlboro Menthol ...... Oh "Lights" ..... Can't believe I did it for 25 years.........

Definately not bragging but I started at 14 and quit at 61...
That's 47 years!

Saturday will be my 2 year vapeversary. :)

Sent from a Galaxy far far away!

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
But back to vape mail :)

Look what I got today.

f3c971d19b83255b26340362d717f0ac.jpg

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
Ok @Heartsdelight and anyone else that's interested.
I've spent a solid 8 hours with this thing now, tried several different RDAs, ran approximately 15ml of juice through it I can honestly say I do love this thing!
Very solid device, no battery rattle or button rattle, the buttons are nice and firm and clicky.
It does squonk a little different than anything I've used, it's hard to describe but it seems to put out less juice than my other devices. Once I figured that out and got used to it, I'm ok with it.

Filling it is a piece of cake, no messy fill bottles, not having to remove the bottle to fill it, just take the lid off and fill it.

It comes with firmware that gives you variable wattage and bypass mode.
I found out that there are 2 other firmware packages you can download, one will give you Temperature control and the other will give you Variable Voltage. I'm not sure of the configuration but I'm hoping it will be like this:
1. Variable Wattage and Bypass mode.
2. Variable Wattage and Temperature Control.
3. Variable Wattage and Variable Voltage.
I will be installing the temperature mode firmware later today and I'll report back.

Right now I've settled for a dual coil Goon with a pair of dual Clapton dual core coils at 0.14 ohms, vaping at 57.5 watts and really enjoying the vape I'm getting.

80285ce01e6f28035380e962126b5bbc.jpg

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
I've spent a solid 8 hours with this thing now, tried several different RDAs, ran approximately 15ml of juice through it I can honestly say I do love this thing!
Very solid device, no battery rattle or button rattle, the buttons are nice and firm and clicky.
It does squonk a little different than anything I've used, it's hard to describe but it seems to put out less juice than my other devices. Once I figured that out and got used to it, I'm ok with it.

Filling it is a piece of cake, no messy fill bottles, not having to remove the bottle to fill it, just take the lid off and fill it.

I found out that there are 2 other firmware packages you can download, one will give you Temperature control and the other will give you Variable Voltage. I'm not sure of the configuration but I'm hoping it will be like this:
I will be installing the temperature mode firmware later today and I'll report back.

Right now I've settled for a dual coil Goon with a pair of dual Clapton dual core coils at 0.14 ohms, vaping at 57.5 watts and really enjoying the vape I'm getting.

Nice-
Love the looks of this mod- great that it is not the same square shape! Love the topfill for eliquids- sometimes the squonk bottles are quite messy!
:inlove:

fuseryder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Should have mine in gunmetal today, can't wait

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Thanks @gadget! It does sound to work very well! Enjoy!

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So I’ve been vaping on the VGOD Pro Mech 2 since yesterday and I love it! Endless flavor and vapor production and it is incredibly comfortable to hold in my hand. It looks sweet too! I’m using the coils that came with the kit and I have no complaints. In fact I feel giddy every time I go to vape on her. :D

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
UPDATE
Installing the firmware update was a piece of cake and brought better results than I had hoped for.
The video I found this information on said there were 3 firmware downloads, I only found 2: TC mode and Stock VW / Bypass.
I installed the TC version firmware and it didn't lose anything, it just added TC mode and I must say it works quite nicely.

And it seems like I'm not the only one with a sense of humor, all of the TC mode temps were set at default of "420" (it's a 70s thing) ;)

Topside_TC-1.jpg

Topside_TC-2.jpg

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Also did the Chantix about 6 years ago...got suicidal after I quit

Chantix is akin to Wellbutrin, it's a norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor. Suicidal ideation is a known side-effect of Wellbutrin.

I tried replacing my Prozac with Wellbutrin for about two weeks and thought I was going to go postal toward everyone at work. Decided that wasn't a very good idea.

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Chantix is akin to Wellbutrin, it's a norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor. Suicidal ideation is a known side-effect of Wellbutrin.

I tried replacing my Prozac with Wellbutrin for about two weeks and thought I was going to go postal toward everyone at work. Decided that wasn't a very good idea.
You’re right on all points. Most, if not all, people I’ve known who have tried Chantix had suicidal ideations and/or severe depression. My doctor prescribed me Wellbutrin XL when I was 15 and only prescribed what was 1/4 of a normal dose. I ended up having a truly severe panic attack and psychosis. Before I took up vaping I asked my doctors about Chantix and every one of them said the risks outweigh any potential benefits and refused to prescribe it. I’m more than happy that I never tried it.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
You’re right on all points. Most, if not all, people I’ve known who have tried Chantix had suicidal ideations and/or severe depression. My doctor prescribed me Wellbutrin XL when I was 15 and only prescribed what was 1/4 of a normal dose. I ended up having a truly severe panic attack and psychosis. Before I took up vaping I asked my doctors about Chantix and every one of them said the risks outweigh any potential benefits and refused to prescribe it. I’m more than happy that I never tried it.

Yes, me as well. The two weeks of regular Wellbutrin was quite enough.

I quit smoking for three years cold-turkey, then picked it back up for a month. Bought a Blu at a convenience store, and never looked back. Best thing I ever did for myself. The Blu didn't last long - I quickly discovered better alternatives online.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Just got my SauceLA order- the 30ml free sample was snapped in two and completely soaked the inside of the bag with Vanilla Bean Cream- ugh
At least it smells good.

View attachment 122149 View attachment 122150

OMG I do hate a sticky mess. I am just about compulsive about not getting sticky mess on my hands. You do have a point, though, it could be worse.

I had a package of four 60ml bottles of nicotine once in which one of the bottles was cracked. I hadn't leaked itself empty, but there were drops of 100mg nic all over all the other bottles. Thankfully it was inside a plastic bag so it didn't leak out onto the box it was shipped in.

It's probably a wonder that kind of thing doesn't happen more often than it does. Sorry you have a mess to clean up. :cuss2:

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
OMG I do hate a sticky mess. I am just about compulsive about not getting sticky mess on my hands. You do have a point, though, it could be worse.

I had a package of four 60ml bottles of nicotine once in which one of the bottles was cracked. I hadn't leaked itself empty, but there were drops of 100mg nic all over all the other bottles. Thankfully it was inside a plastic bag so it didn't leak out onto the box it was shipped in.

It's probably a wonder that kind of thing doesn't happen more often than it does. Sorry you have a mess to clean up. :cuss2:
I shipped a mod the other week and the lady tossed it in a bin behind her. I said damn a little rough huh. She said well you marked it as non fragile. But I covered it with insurance for a reason. Some people

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

This body style with 2 batteries, I'll be all over it ..... I don't like the 1 cell squonkers..... But this would be perfect with dual cells..... And a nice 30mm 510.....

Most mods don't have a nice body and curves....

My Yihi is as close to a good hand fit...for me at least..... Thanks for the review and pics.....
b8c35dd81a23d0c3becc77378e6f21b1.jpg

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yesterday my orders from NicRiver and BullCity showed up.
1019181130a-1.jpg
I'm going to give bullet bottles a try. I got 4 per 4oz and 8oz.
1019181123b-1.jpg

Volcano had Resa Prince tanks for ten bucks so I ordered a few that showed up today. The one on the right is getting primed.
1019181256(1).jpg

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
How does a bottle get split like that? Crazy

Just my opinion, but seems to me that plastic bottles don't hold up very well if they sustain a lot of force to a spot where the plastic bends. The edge where the sides curve into the bottom seems to be particularly vulnerable. Also the neck of the bottle, hit just right, will crack away from the body pretty easily. The really super-flexible plastic bottles seem less prone to this.

Handling like you just described with your mod - ever talk to people who work for shipping companies like UPS, especially at their hub centers? Those packages are thrown, kicked, flung all over the place. They have deadlines to meet, and to hell with your stuff. It's a wonder we ever get anything that isn't torn all to hell.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
How does a bottle get split like that? Crazy

I have no idea- I sent the SauceLA an email, just to show them the crazy break in the 30ml bottle. I thought it was a free empty unicorn, till I saw it broken like that.
My package took two extra days too, the smell was very strong, I could smell it before I got to the mailbox. Good thing they had everything in the heat sealed plastic.Mailman was probably glad to get that smelly package out of his truck- LOL!

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looks super narrow at it's "neck". I hate pen style bottles. I only get 30's in the shorter fatter style for my mixes. Them tall slender 30ml bottles like to tip over all the time too.
I'm trying to break the same Vanilla freebie I got from them..... And can't do it ..... It takes Gorilla power to snap that neck.....

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
I'm trying to break the same Vanilla freebie I got from them..... And can't do it ..... It takes Gorilla power to snap that neck.....

I don't see how it could break either- unless a factory defect- those are tough strong bottles. I was surprised my order came in a bubble mailer- they are usually in a box.

20181019_124023.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors