Become a Patron!

Tobeca Mini Super Tank Gurgling

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, don't get the pipe wrench out lol.

I have seen others post about no connection or leaking and both needed to screw the coil all the way down... only reason I mentioned it.

Something must be up with the tank, I haven't heard of anyone with leaking issues with this tank.
If the vape shop can get it to not leak, great. If not, hopefully they will swap it out with another one.

dams_27

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah, don't get the pipe wrench out lol.

I have seen others post about no connection or leaking and both needed to screw the coil all the way down... only reason I mentioned it.

Something must be up with the tank, I haven't heard of anyone with leaking issues with this tank.
If the vape shop can get it to not leak, great. If not, hopefully they will swap it out with another one.

Thanks again. I appreciate it. What's weird to me too is before I changed the coil, it never gave me an issue. Which is why I kinda feel it's something I did wrong as well.

dams_27

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I really hope they swap it out. I don't want to have to spend money on another tank only a week after buying this one.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So is there any other tank you'd recommend or should I just go about getting an even swap for the same tank?

I would think the shop will want to do an even swap but who knows.

It's a great tank when you use the aspire coils and any other atlantis/triton style coil will work with it... like I think hercules uses atlantis style and one or two others so you have a lot of flexibility with it. You can get clapton coils for it now too.
Aspire coils over tobeco coils is my opinion, there are some people in this forum that love the flavor from the tobeco's but to me the flavor is muted and the chimney is smaller (less cloud) so I run the 0.4 triton SS coil.

For other tanks, if you love clouds and have a high power dual battery mod the crown is supposed to have great flavor and clouds. The new smok is said to be a cloud machine but then again, with the stainless triton coils running temp control it's not easy to drive even with all the windows down lol. And if I want to chuck clouds, I'll throw my CLT dripper on.

I bought the tobeco stm for its size and look, smok just came out with a mini tvf4 (taller than the stm) but the crown is still a big tall tank. The indexed air flow ring that wont spin on it's own is top notch too. Also I use a single battery mod so the crown or tvf4 would rip though the charge in no time at all and I can run the 0.4 tritons for hours so to me, all my boxes were checked with the tobeco stm.

dams_27

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I would think the shop will want to do an even swap but who knows.

It's a great tank when you use the aspire coils and any other atlantis/triton style coil will work with it... like I think hercules uses atlantis style and one or two others so you have a lot of flexibility with it. You can get clapton coils for it now too.
Aspire coils over tobeco coils is my opinion, there are some people in this forum that love the flavor from the tobeco's but to me the flavor is muted and the chimney is smaller (less cloud) so I run the 0.4 triton SS coil.

For other tanks, if you love clouds and have a high power dual battery mod the crown is supposed to have great flavor and clouds. The new smok is said to be a cloud machine but then again, with the stainless triton coils running temp control it's not easy to drive even with all the windows down lol. And if I want to chuck clouds, I'll throw my CLT dripper on.

I bought the tobeco stm for its size and look, smok just came out with a mini tvf4 (taller than the stm) but the crown is still a big tall tank. The indexed air flow ring that wont spin on it's own is top notch too. Also I use a single battery mod so the crown or tvf4 would rip though the charge in no time at all and I can run the 0.4 tritons for hours so to me, all my boxes were checked with the tobeco stm.

That's a lot of info to take in. XD. Think I'm gonna stick with the tank, and when they either fix it or exchange it, pick up some new coils. So just to be sure -- for flavor and clouds and durability, you're suggesting an aspire coil with it? Again -- I'm relatively new to this vaping game. Haha. I'm excited to learn more on it.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Aspire made those style coils first I believe with the Atlantis, they're really pretty solid except for the v1 which used a ceramic wick instead of cotton. Just check the side of the packaging and make sure there is an option for .3ohm coils if you do. As far as what ohm to get, 30-60w stick with .5, if you want to go up to ~85w the .3 is solid. Not really much experience with the other higher ohm one.

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Take the tank completely apart and reassemble. I'd flip the glass and orings as well. When reassembling it, screw the coil in first, then screw the top section onto the coil pulling it all together. I'm very surprised you continue to have leaking problems.

The allen key comes with (some) supertanks wrongfully. There is a supertank RTA that requires the key and also uses the same box as the mini. It was an error from the factory when packaging.

dams_27

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Take the tank completely apart and reassemble. I'd flip the glass and orings as well. When reassembling it, screw the coil in first, then screw the top section onto the coil pulling it all together. I'm very surprised you continue to have leaking problems.

The allen key comes with (some) supertanks wrongfully. There is a supertank RTA that requires the key and also uses the same box as the mini. It was an error from the factory when packaging.

I just tried that now. Same thing. I feel kinda dumb because it seems the leaking problem is rare and it should have been fixed with all of these solutions. I'm a newb, so I really hope I'm not doing anything wrong. We'll see tomorrow when I take it to the shop.

dams_27

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Aspire made those style coils first I believe with the Atlantis, they're really pretty solid except for the v1 which used a ceramic wick instead of cotton. Just check the side of the packaging and make sure there is an option for .3ohm coils if you do. As far as what ohm to get, 30-60w stick with .5, if you want to go up to ~85w the .3 is solid. Not really much experience with the other higher ohm one.

Oh man, a lot of this a foreign language to me. So Aspire made what kind of coils first? And why should I check for .3? I was told that a 1.2 is really good as well. I'm so sorry, I'm really a newb at all this.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Simply put, lower ohms produce more vapor but require more power to do so. With that at lower power a higher ohm coil will typically be better. Lots of factors involved but then it gets confusing :confused:. Check out Ohm's law and resistance heating. There's a lot of physics behind it, but even then you have to factor in juice intake, air flow, and yeah lots of factors.

With the 1.2Ω coil you're probably going to want 20-30w of power. Exceeding that will likely lead to burnt cotton and an unsafe voltage.

If you want a nice amount of vapor from that tank/mod combo .3Ω coil with 70-85w, if that's too much scale it down to .5Ω with 40-60w. And if that's more than you want then 1.2Ω at 15-30w will likely be what you want.

Dan DePippo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well I see a problem with that coil. To much cotton it is in the middle of coil which blocks air and more importantly allows juice to drip in base. Get new coils. That's what I would do.

I just got one of these tanks and mine leaks like crazy. I insured it had all its o-rings and that everything was screwed in tight. I need to mess with it more, but got sick of loosing so much good juice. I need to find some of my junk juice to experiment more. But damn, never seen a tank leak so bad in my life. And I've been vaping for 3+ years.

For now I've just been searching for leak issues and discussions in the net in regards to this tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
For now I've just been searching for leak issues and discussions in the net in regards to this tank.
And what have you found?

I ask because you and dams_27 are, so far, the only two to have reported such a problem on VU.

Welcome to VU, btw :)

Mueske

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
tn_DSCN1409.JPG

I've got 3 of the new Tobeco Super Tank Turbos, and none of them leaks one drop. Superb flavor production with Vapor Shark Nickel TC coils.

When it gurgles, flip your entire setup so the bottom points straight up. Let all the eliquid sit at the top of the tank and then blow as hard as you can into your drip tip (Careful of your eyes doing this!!). Clean the juice off that comes out your airflow holes and then hit the fire button for a half second. The gurgle should be gone now and back to working order, if it continues then the eliquid isn't viscous enough and you should order higher VG or you need to set your wattage up (try by 5w increments at a time). Also if your Airflow is almost closed off it will pull juice in when drawing vapor, try opening the airflow more and make sure your coilhead is tightened as tight as it can be.

I have two Mini Super Tanks, and occasionally end up with leaking or bubbling similar to what Dams_27 had. Raymo2u's fix worked for me, so I created an account to say thanks. I find that usually I end up with this sort of problem when switching back and forth between tanks. They don't usually leak when they're on the battery sitting upright, but when they're not being used I have them sitting on the desk just resting on the terminal, which left them sitting at an angle. This often results in leaks. I've switched to sitting on something so they only are stored completely upright. I'm hoping this helps.

Not to hi-jack Your thread,but has anyone found a use for the allen key that comes with this tank?
Yes, I have I found that with this tank all the parts that can be disassembled can be really tuff to unscrew ,thats great for preventing leaks but can be frustrating when you're trying to change out a coil , so if you take the short end of the Allen wrench and stick it in the airflow hole, and then push the long end for leverage you'll have an easier time of both disassembling and removing tank from mod

cloudking666

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yes, I have I found that with this tank all the parts that can be disassembled can be really tuff to unscrew ,thats great for preventing leaks but can be frustrating when you're trying to change out a coil , so if you take the short end of the Allen wrench and stick it in the airflow hole, and then push the long end for leverage you'll have an easier time of both disassembling and removing tank from mod
Yup! I actually know the designer of the Super Tank Mini, they included it for that express purpose.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors