Become a Patron!

Underage Vaping!

Pancho_Brown

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Here is how I look at it. I see all these restrictions put on things for minor. What I see is kids smoking getting them from friends or off the ground. What I see is that NOTHING is really being done to help a kid stop smoking. They encourage adults to stop they come out with patches, gums, ecigs, vapors, etc. So what about the kids???? A parent can talk about how bad it is. How hard it is to quit. Put restrictions on the kids and so forth. What I am hearing is people saying its ok for minors to smoke the real thing. That until they are 18 they can not be helped to stop smoking. I being a parent who found out that her 11 yr old was smoking and tried everything under the blue moon to help him stop. He is now 14 yrs and obviously nothing worked because he is still smoking!! One of the moms found out about him smoking and she bought one of these vap cigs for him (0mg) told him to please smoke that around her. Well he got started on it and I am happy to say that Since he start vaps he hasnt pick up one real smoke. So I am totally for the vapors. I for one think its great to be able to buy them with 0 nicotine in them. I hear talk about how they what to pass a law to get rid of the flavored vaps because they don't want to encourage the kids to smoke. UM HELLO have you gone into stores in the last 30 years or have certain political people had their heads buried? Lets see they have bubblegum cigars, they have candy cigs, they have shredded gum in a package like that of red man chew. I mean candy forms were around before flavored vaps. Just don't see their point on that at all. Here is a safe way for kids who smoke to quit. As adults who smoke we know how hard it is to overcome addictions but for kids they dont know. And the goverment wants to take away something that can help smoking kids stop. So I think that they should be able to have these 0mg vaps to help them. Yes I for one would go into any vapor store and provide something to my kid since I know it is keeping him away from tobacco. I know alot will probly frown on this providing for a child but you tell me what other ways there is if nothing else works.
We'll ideally your child wouldn't be smoking in the first place. I know its impossible to stop them from ever doing such things. I know I started snaking when I was 16 and even then it wasn't to hard to get hands on a pack. I understand where your coming from but since tobacco is restricted to 18+ it make sense that the help stop snaking aids would be restricted as well. I personally am still against minors using either real tobacco and ecigs. Even at 0 nic. Once they get used to it and it becomes a habit jumping up to nic'ed juice. And the last thing we need are more people addicted to nicotine and the such.

st_andrew

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Im kinda torn with underage vapers for one reason.. Many are underage smokers. Do we turn them away and let them continue to smoke or try to get them to vape - at least its a healthier alternative. Its a very touchy situation.
It's the same situation as cigs, if they are gonna use them they need to obtain them discreetly and illegally. I'm a parent and I will never buy my kids vape/cigs gear. They better hide it till they are 18. Then the can go out and buy vape gear at the counter.

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you are 13 and going to smoke, so be it, but to have your parents support that with vaping as a risk reduction is a pretty big fail in my opinion. Choosing not to take up smoking while under the roof of your parents at the risk of a severe beating sounds like a better risk reduction to me.

I would recommend using a hidden recorder to keep track of the problem customers you may encounter in the future:
http://www.brickhousesecurity.com/product/black+box+micro.do

Cessnapix

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Here is how I look at it. I see all these restrictions put on things for minor. What I see is kids smoking getting them from friends or off the ground. What I see is that NOTHING is really being done to help a kid stop smoking. They encourage adults to stop they come out with patches, gums, ecigs, vapors, etc. So what about the kids???? A parent can talk about how bad it is. How hard it is to quit. Put restrictions on the kids and so forth. What I am hearing is people saying its ok for minors to smoke the real thing. That until they are 18 they can not be helped to stop smoking. I being a parent who found out that her 11 yr old was smoking and tried everything under the blue moon to help him stop. He is now 14 yrs and obviously nothing worked because he is still smoking!! One of the moms found out about him smoking and she bought one of these vap cigs for him (0mg) told him to please smoke that around her. Well he got started on it and I am happy to say that Since he start vaps he hasnt pick up one real smoke. So I am totally for the vapors. I for one think its great to be able to buy them with 0 nicotine in them. I hear talk about how they what to pass a law to get rid of the flavored vaps because they don't want to encourage the kids to smoke. UM HELLO have you gone into stores in the last 30 years or have certain political people had their heads buried? Lets see they have bubblegum cigars, they have candy cigs, they have shredded gum in a package like that of red man chew. I mean candy forms were around before flavored vaps. Just don't see their point on that at all. Here is a safe way for kids who smoke to quit. As adults who smoke we know how hard it is to overcome addictions but for kids they dont know. And the goverment wants to take away something that can help smoking kids stop. So I think that they should be able to have these 0mg vaps to help them. Yes I for one would go into any vapor store and provide something to my kid since I know it is keeping him away from tobacco. I know alot will probly frown on this providing for a child but you tell me what other ways there is if nothing else works.

UM HELLO;
I see TV comercials against smoking everyday. People with there throats cut open and very discriptive adds against smoking! They make me turn my head away!

Back in the 60's and 70's there where way more candy cigars, cigs, and bublegum chew than I see now!
I could Jump off my stingray bicycle, walk into my neighborhood corner store at 10 years old and buy a pack of cig. no problem in those days.

People smoked in hospital rooms, elevators resteraunts, DR.'s smoked, it was plastered all over B&W TV, All 4 channels! You couldnt watch TV with out someone smoking a cig. Johnny Carson had one lit all night long. Jackie Gleason smoked like a cartoon a day. It was everywhere!

The sidewalks where plastered with cig. butts. and empty packs/litter back then.

Our dads could also take off his belt and smack your ass with out the neighbors calling DHS for child abuse. A matter of fact so couldn't the school teachers. I seen many kids get dragged into the closet with the old school teachers and a yard stick in the other hand.

No one parents kids any more. Your 11 year old is smoking kiss his ass!

I watch this society turn from a parent could be a parent to the Time out PC parenting for 3 generations now. Everyones scared of there own kids! They forget who the parents are!

Society can't fix all your kids problems. Nor should they have to!
Nothing else works because everyones afraid to parent. I'll say it again!
I don't want my Rights to vape being taking away because of kids, and other PC parents who expect society to raise there kids thru legislation. If you want your kids to vape then you go to the store and buy them a months supply and do it at your home! I can vape in my own house and in my car but I am not allowed to do it anywhere else now. It is being pushed out just like cigs.

EDIT; You know whats even more addictive than vaping is TEXTING!

You try an have a 10 minute conversation with any kid these days and they don have the attention span long enough to go with out checking there phone.

Last edited:

Frawg

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The shop I work at, there's a 21 yr old who vapes. He has his ID ready EVERY single time he comes in, even though its only 3 employees at the shop, and we all know him on sight. He knows the gear, he's brought in both of his grandmothers, several friends (all 18+), and the parents of a friend who is 17 and change. The 17 year old has been smoking since he was 7. More than half his life and is up to 3 packs a day, the parents want him to quit, the kid wants to quit, I understand the laws. I understand WHY the laws exist. I don't understand the "Its more horrible than smoking," fear that some people have only in the regard as it pertains to those under 18. All the (borderline) young people I've seen with e-cigs since I started working at a vape shop, 99% of the time have a Blu, or a Vuse, or a Markten. The reason they have these when I ask out of curiosity sake, is "so I can blend in with my friends who smoke," and I've asked a few "If you could quit the cig-a-likes and actually feel better, would you?" The answer has generally been, "no, not until I'm 18, because I'm doing this now to blend in with my cool friends., the bigger gear isn't as cool." Seriously - they're using a plastic cigarette because it looks cool, no amount of legislation or even perceived ass-beatings from family is going to stop that, it hasn't for how many kids over how many decades?

The store-bought cig-a-likes that most teens here at least seem to be using are big-tobacco's fault, and they were primary clients of big tobacco even before the e-cig market came into existence. We've had a scant few teens of borderline age come in and ask questions, and then when they see we don't carry disposables or cig-a-likes they leave. We're not required to ID until purchase. The boss has kids, there are times the boss has no choice but to have her kids at the shop, they stay in the office area, as such the signs at the store say WE ID for 18+, and no one under 18 is allowed in the building without a parent or guardian. It hasn't been a huge issue here. The few we get that want disposables when you ask for ID they leave, and there's no selling going on.

There's another shop literally one block away. I can't speak for that shop, he used to own a stall at a nearby flea-market, I can't speak for that either, but as far as our store goes, the few borderline ones, if they ID as too young they leave, if they're borderline without parents they get to leave until they're of age, by their ID. Still after 5 months almost I've had yet to see anyone way under age even attempt to purchase or get info. Info is going to be free, whether online or in person, I'd rather give free info and no sale, than have them get incorrect info online, and purchase by lying about their age.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey guys, so i own a small vape shop in Texas and i just had a lady walk in with her son. Its not the first time this happens and as long as the parents are okay with their child being in the store, I have no problem with it either. They came in and the mom started asking me questions about the cheapest mechanical mod i had available, again this was something that happens often were people don't always want to spend to much for vape gear. The problem was when her 13-14 year old son started doing all the talking after i told her options. That's when i noticed that she was there to purchase a mod for her severely under aged son. Needless to say i didn't sell them anything and ask them to leave because i don't sell to minors or to people that might be purchasing for minors.

She ended up getting extremely pissed and treated to shut me down.

What do you guys think. Should i have just sold them the mod and pretend like i didn't notice. Or was i right in what i did?
Good job
tumblr_mn7sisYUi21sq9kw6o1_500_zpsd311b6d8.gif

Why risk it

st_andrew

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@Cessnapix if our society accepts a "nanny state" because they (the politicians) think we can't think for our sleeves, how are we supposed to raise children? It's too hard for most people to understand coffee is hot without reading a label saying its hot. Common sense is dead (for the most part)
Ps I'm starting to hate everyone for being idiots (me included, VU excluded)

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@blueeyes5 well i read this the other night and you present an interesting case and one that we've seen in the law on a number of occasions - at least here in the UK anyway regarding minors. Do we legally and freely give methodone and clean needles to heroine addicts, condoms and the pill to underage children, must a nurse or health worker be obliged to keep confidentiality (to encourage them to seek help) if an underage boy or girl asks for treatment for an std and so on?

UK law makes acceptions. The answer to all those questions regarding law is yes. Those are cases in which the person is already participating in a detrimental act in which a solution is provided for their current actions. "Currently engaged in the act" is the linchpin there.

Here, afaik there isn't any restriction on young people vaping. They're just not allowed to be sold it. But you see them all walking home from school vaping their ego spinners. I guess it'll do the same harm to them as it does to us, and it hasn't harmed me at all.

The point I made above is that the law seems to choose the lesser of two evils (evil in the laws eyes I might add). I think if legislation bans young people from vaping it'll still turn a blind eye - if they're already vaping then there's less chance they'll smoke because as we all know and have stated in our testimonies - once you vape, smoking tastes awful.

Hey guys, so i own a small vape shop in Texas and i just had a lady walk in with her son. Its not the first time this happens and as long as the parents are okay with their child being in the store, I have no problem with it either. They came in and the mom started asking me questions about the cheapest mechanical mod i had available, again this was something that happens often were people don't always want to spend to much for vape gear. The problem was when her 13-14 year old son started doing all the talking after i told her options. That's when i noticed that she was there to purchase a mod for her severely under aged son. Needless to say i didn't sell them anything and ask them to leave because i don't sell to minors or to people that might be purchasing for minors.

What do you guys think. Should i have just sold them the mod and pretend like i didn't notice. Or was i right in what i did?
i think you should have sold it to them because it's totally legal??? no one under 18 is buying, so you should have given it to them. it's not aginst the law for someone under 18 to own one, but it is illegal for someone under 18 to buy one. there was no harm done in that mom buying a vape for her kid. if your shop gets shut down, that's on you lol.

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
IMHO, it should be treated the same as alcohol and tobacco, where if the shop has good reason to believe that the person buying it is going to be supplying it to the kid, you can't sell it. Personally, I'd rather see a kid with an ecig than with an analog cig, but the retailer has a responsibility to not provide either if they know it's going to end up in a kid's hands.

Last edited:

whitepony1986

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
while under age vaping isn;t technically illegal you did the right thing what that parent was doing is the same as buying their child booze or cigs

Ace_of_Angels

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey, I experienced something similar to that at our location all the time. Sometimes they're with their parents, sometimes its a group of teen boys. Recently, a 16 year old walks in. So I asked to ID him, he tells me that he started to smoke cigs at the age of 12 and is trying to quit. I felt really conflicted and really felt for him. However, I had to refuse selling him our e-juice and he said to me "that's fine, someone else will sell to me even if you don't."

Kind of pisses me off, because its people that sell to these minors that give vaping that bad name and stigma. So good on you, for protecting your business and abiding to the law.

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I mentioned in this thread or another (I forget) about my state banning sales to persons under 18, banned possession by kids, and how the fine for possession is $5 and/or 5 days in jail if the kid wont say where s/he got it. The other part of it is that the vendor loses their tobacco license if they sell cigarettes, cigars, pipe tobacco. If they are a vape shop, they lose their sales tax permit. Pretty steep to shut the business down, especially when they send in people that look old enough to test the shops, but I can understand it. A few bad apples have forced the issue.

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Here's the way I see it, the government doesn't like change...especially with their revenue streams and vaping is causing a considerable shift in the revenue streams as more people switch from tobacco products and big pharma cessation products to vaping. Plus, Antz are people that always need to raise a flag for the sake of raising a flag about something because they don't know when to leave something the hell alone....that may be a harsh statement but it's true....even Joan of Arc even bit her fate the hard way when she got it wrong...sue me for being blunt.

That's the whole reason vaping is so under the microscope...it's new, it's a huge industry, and the government hasn't capitalized it to replace faulting revenue streams so of course they're going to put us under the microscope and make us miserable. I just don't under stand why we can't unite as vapors and push back...why do we have to walk on eggshells? Don't get me wrong, I don't want my vaping rights taken away more than anyone but I think we should be heard equally with the Antz and other powers that be.

To the OP, I think you did the right thing and I would do the same in your position. In my state Minors aren't allowed in smoke and head shops period for any reason and vape shops are taking the same stance to protect themselves and are just as if not more strict about it. You did what you had to do to protect yourself and your fellow vapors and I commend you for it. My problem is with the state of Texas's backwards ass control laws for different things. Where I lived in Texas (and I know it was like this at the time in Louisiana as well, I don't know if it still is,) that minors, even young children, were allowed in bars and taverns at the descression of the establishment. I lived in a more "redneck" country area and many people brought their teens and kids to the bar on friday and saturday nights. Everyone knew everyone. They weren't allowed to be served, but some parents even slid their kids drinks. Most of them brought their teens with them so they would have designated drivers and not get DUI's....and this was perfectly legal and ok...but heaven forbid they take their kids into the smoke shop when they got a carton of Camels...

I've never seen a child proof cap on a bottle of Vodka. I've never seen a "childproof" pack of analogs. But we have to take all these precautions to protect our freedom to vape because it's new and a few people who go out of our way to make an unnessicary fuss about it ruin it for the rest of us that for the most part have regulated ourselves before it was a "mainstream" activity just fine. It's no secret I've had other problems with things resulting from injuries and what not and the meds I was given going to far. I was in a methadone program for years with several minors. Do I believe that minors should be able to buy vape products in a store on their own?

No, no I don't. If you can't buy tobacco products than you shouldn't be able to buy vaping products. I do agree with that and stand by that completely. However, if the minor is already smoking and addicted to tobacco like I was as a young teenager ( I started when I was 11, every day smoker by 14 and wish I never had, by 28 I had given up on quitting and thought it was hopeless, at 29 tried cig-a-likes and hated them. As an early 30th birthday present my mother gave me an e-Go kit that literally saved my life.) And my parents were able to give me a vape back then I would have jumped for joy...but I wouldn't have vaped in everyone's face like an idiot.

I liked greatly the one post about "info" is free. I think instead of screaming for just blanket vaping bans and "what about the children"...if the antz really cared they would be screaming for educating them like with smoking and sex and everything else instead of just trying to make it go away...the only thing they have to fear is change itself and apparently they don't like change any more than the government.

That being said, I think the only liquid minors should be able to be given and have if their parents or gardians choose to let them vape is 0 nic...underage means no tobacco, no nicotine...if we're letting them vape to get them off cigs than have them do it for just that...when they're old enough then they can choose to vape how they wish. Till then, you vape nic free to be smoke free or not at all. The kids in the program with me weren't there to use it as a gateway to hard drugs but to escape the same hell I was, if vaping can do the same than I am for it...but within reason.

The bottom line of my rant...the OP did right and I would do the same and I commend him for it. But the parents should have the right to choose if it's a legitimate way to stop them from going further smoking than they already have. Minors should only be allowed to be 0 nic IHMO. If we can openly educate them in schools about the dangers of sex an drugs and alcohol, if we can blanket anti-smoking adds and make information about the dangers of these activities I believe honest, un biased and non propaganda type educational materal that we can do our best to make as neutral and informative as possible available about vaping right along side everything else instead of continuing to let the loudest few go on shunning it. If we can give minors the pill, methadone, and rehab than I believe we can give them a nicotine free alternative to get them off tobacco products that wasn't available to us generations before...

But the key is not just education and awareness but implementation of it. Parents have to take responsibility for it. If they can't stop their kids from doing what they're going to do that doesn't mean that they should give up. Mine didn't, even as an adult. However, taking a kid to a vape shop isn't the right way of going about it. Not yet, maybe one day, but not yet.

Ok...I'm done ranting...I know I ranted a lot and got a bit off topic...but there's so much grey in the country on Tobacco and Alcohol control laws as they're set by each state...the only federal law is you must be 21 to purchase alcohol and the states are responsible for going about enforcing it more the most part and the ATF just oversees things, just like each state makes it's own tobacco laws....Vaping is a whole new mess of grey that I have a feeling will take several more years to work out....it's not like the golden age of smoking where a kid could get his parents cigarettes from the store for them because they didn't want to go themselves. And as for the whole "flavors" debate....There's flavored tobacco's, flavored alcohols...sure I've heard a little fuss about that being a target for kids, but not nearly as much....turns out grown ups like flavors too. Who'd a thunk it? It just makes me sad and makes my brain hurt. :(

VapinChevy

Abnormal Chevy Guy
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reviewer
i think you should have sold it to them because it's totally legal??? no one under 18 is buying, so you should have given it to them. it's not aginst the law for someone under 18 to own one, but it is illegal for someone under 18 to buy one. there was no harm done in that mom buying a vape for her kid. if your shop gets shut down, that's on you lol.

*Facepalm*o_O. He did the RIGHT thing by NOT selling it to her! Sorry I don't know where your statement holds water, but around here in our parts parents buying vape gear for minors is a NO NO!!! We've banned many parents from our shop because of it.

Pancho_Brown

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
*Facepalm*o_O. He did the RIGHT thing by NOT selling it to her! Sorry I don't know where your statement holds water, but around here in our parts parents buying vape gear for minors is a NO NO!!! We've banned many parents from our shop because of it.
I totally missed that reply..
I kinda hope he was just being sarcastic.

You are right about what you did!

You did the right thing, if she wanted to buy for her kid that is under age then she should have left him at home and given it to him at the house, besides you may have just saved yourself from being set-up, here in Arizona the police will higher under age kids to go into places to try and buy cigarettes and alcohol and bust the store if they sell to them.
Sounds pretty like that.

Last edited by a moderator:

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Lol Ima be honest I been Vaping since I was 13 I'm currently 15 but in SC I'm aloud to vape any age just no nicotine my parents approve of it to I have a 150 watt sigelei with RDA dark horse but idk the laws in Texas but you did the right thing because you never know if it could be a undercover
You will not be around here long.
Merry christmas

vape me

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
There's probably always going to be kids sneaking around and getting into things that they shouldn't. I still believe that vaping and smoking should be for adults.

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not to play devils advocate, but what if the parent was trying to help the kid get off something else?
Even today it's not uncommon for younger people, like 13, to get hold of *** or cigs and smoke that.

I was at a vape meet last year and met some guy who was buying a setup for his 15 year old son. Son had been arrested for ****several times already and the deal was that the father would fund the vaping as long as the son would agree to random drug tests to prove he was staying away from ***

vaporchaos

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not to play devils advocate, but what if the parent was trying to help the kid get off something else?
Even today it's not uncommon for younger people, like 13, to get hold of ****or cigs and smoke that.

I was at a vape meet last year and met some guy who was buying a setup for his 15 year old son. Son had been arrested for *** several times already and the deal was that the father would fund the vaping as long as the son would agree to random drug tests to prove he was staying away from * the best **
well that's a confusing situation,considering the debate around *** Plus those are two different things, now he might do both.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Bored? Drinking? Both?

You necro'd a six month old thread to tell off a 15 year old who's already felt the banhammer.

Waaassssuuuup! :p
Nope youngin necroed it. I wished him a merry xmas as a parting gift.

You definitely did the right thing!! At our shop if that happens we politely ask the customer/customers to leave if they are going to purchase for a minor and proceed to explain to them the issues we as a vape community are dealing with. Then if she gets mad you just say " Hey I don't make the laws" and walk away. There is no need to get her info or license plate number like someone said earlier. Just as strict as the authorities are if you cover your bases with a "NO" then they will be the ones in trouble not you. I would also alert my staff to be on the lookout for her or the young kids coming in and make sure that your whole team uses the same technique so there are no discrepancies. Good Luck!!

Sent from my SM-G920T1 using Tapatalk

vape me

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
You definitely did the right thing!! At our shop if that happens we politely ask the customer/customers to leave if they are going to purchase for a minor and proceed to explain to them the issues we as a vape community are dealing with. Then if she gets mad you just say " Hey I don't make the laws" and walk away. There is no need to get her info or license plate number like someone said earlier. Just as strict as the authorities are if you cover your bases with a "NO" then they will be the ones in trouble not you. I would also alert my staff to be on the lookout for her or the young kids coming in and make sure that your whole team uses the same technique so there are no discrepancies. Good Luck!!

Sent from my SM-G920T1 using Tapatalk

That's a great way to handle the situation. People are quick to go off these days and post it to social media. Try to defuse the situation if possible.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

For your own mind you did the right thing in the long run you did not stop anything if a person is willing to go as far as they did there is nothing stopping them from just going online and ordering my opinion is torn on this whole issue.. I really wish when I was a teen there was such a thing as vaping so I could breath better than I do now.. What if this child even before being "Of age" starts vaping but it keeps him off of cigarettes for the rest of their lives and saves their lives.. Sadly what we think is moral for the moment in the long run could have the opposite affect..

vape me

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
For your own mind you did the right thing in the long run you did not stop anything if a person is willing to go as far as they did there is nothing stopping them from just going online and ordering my opinion is torn on this whole issue.. I really wish when I was a teen there was such a thing as vaping so I could breath better than I do now.. What if this child even before being "Of age" starts vaping but it keeps him off of cigarettes for the rest of their lives and saves their lives.. Sadly what we think is moral for the moment in the long run could have the opposite affect..

Vaping certainly is better than smoking, but I don't believe that it is a shop owner's duty to instill morality, but only to make sure that their business is run soundly.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Vaping certainly is better than smoking, but I don't believe that it is a shop owner's duty to instill morality, but only to make sure that their business is run soundly.
Maybe not but if they were turned down for service was this nor a moral issue?

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
It isn't even a question of morals, IMO.
When I started using tobacco products, the law was NO ONE under 18 could buy/posses tobacco products. In order for me to get them, someone's morals had to sidestep the law. People allowing their morals to side step the law is what allowed many of us to be smokers. Good or bad, it's just what it is.

I don't see why anyone who doesn't/didn't smoke wants to vape. Other than the "cool" factor, or "because my friends are", there seem to be few reasons why this would be.

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It isn't even a question of morals, IMO.
When I started using tobacco products, the law was NO ONE under 18 could buy/posses tobacco products. In order for me to get them, someone's morals had to sidestep the law. People allowing their morals to side step the law is what allowed many of us to be smokers. Good or bad, it's just what it is.

I don't see why anyone who doesn't/didn't smoke wants to vape. Other than the "cool" factor, or "because my friends are", there seem to be few reasons why this would be.

Agreed, especially with your last paragraph. Why in the hell anyone (re Adult) would want to do this for the cool factor is beyond me. But, it's what reeled me into smoking.

I've been able to walk into a store my entire life and buy cigarettes, even though I started at age 13. I did start getting carded at age 45 in some places. Because of stupid company regulations requiring everyone to be carded. Being PC is about the worse known disease in America now.

Please note, I never get asked for ID when buying booze.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Agreed, especially with your last paragraph. Why in the hell anyone (re Adult) would want to do this for the cool factor is beyond me. But, it's what reeled me into smoking.

I've been able to walk into a store my entire life and buy cigarettes, even though I started at age 13. I did start getting carded at age 45 in some places. Because of stupid company regulations requiring everyone to be carded. Being PC is about the worse known disease in America now.

Please note, I never get asked for ID when buying booze.
Maybe they want the high off of nicotine?

Sent from my C6740N using Tapatalk

vape me

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Maybe not but if they were turned down for service was this nor a moral issue?

More of a legal issue, I'd say. A business owner wouldn't want to get into trouble with the law and lose everything.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
More of a legal issue, I'd say. A business owner wouldn't want to get into trouble with the law and lose everything.
Yes and Legality is used to uphold a Moral value. . So in this case it was a Ethical decision

dantefire

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
My two bits...for whatever it's worth.

If a parent genuinely wants to purchase Vape gear for an underage child, and in their state it's legal for the kid to own and use, but not to purchase, than that parent should be the one who does all of the legwork. From researching the equipment, juice, and best practices all the way to making the purchase and assisting in the set up. They shouldn't put a genuine business in harms way in their efforts. They should be 100% accountable for the entire transaction. if that parent can't handle the pressure of this, or doesn't want to put forth this kind of effort, they're not parenting, they're babysitting.

lo_vis

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

People like that is the reason many places want to ban vaping. You should be over 18 to own a device, no questions asked. Also it's people like that that we start seeing have accidents from battery venting and their mod blowing up in their face cause they wanna vape to look cool & have done no reasearch or anything. You did the right thing for sure.

Hi, I have a son that is 13, now he wants to vape, my question is, should I let him if there isn't nicotine in it? If that is possible.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi, I have a son that is 13, now he wants to vape, my question is, should I let him if there isn't nicotine in it? If that is possible.
Wondering why you would ask members on a forum what you should or should not allow your 13 year old son to do, only you should be making that choice for him.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
That is a stupid fucking question.

I have a feeling that question points to your lack of intelligence.

Rangertrix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Right at this very moment I am weeping for the future.

Luckily I missed out on this thread when it was originally started, and now that "the 8th" has passed it renders any question about what should be done in like instances moot.
I say luckily because I have very mixed and conflicting feelings about the original subject, and it WAS (as in a long f'ing time ago) a very touchy situation.
All I would have been able to say to the OP would've been that:
Though I may disapprove of what you say, I will defend to the death your right to say it. -- Voltaire

To the person who asked about their 13 year old........
Voltaire also said: Judge of a man by his questions, rather than by his answers.
&
Common sense is not so common.

VU Sponsors