Become a Patron!

Unusual problem with Sigelei 150 TC mod

My sigelei 150 TC mod is reading low resistance, which isn't odd for that mod BUT what is odd is that it is actually reading the coils resistance to half of what it actually is. Like if it's 1.0 ohm it will be .5 and .4 will be .2 and so on. I use my VGOD elite RDTA and my resistance is about .2 so I can't use it on my sigelei TC without making my resistance much lower? Higher? and i dont think that's safe. I' currently having issues with my main mod wismec RX3 and I'm waiting for my heat sink to come in the mail and hopefully that will fix it but untill then I'd like to be able to fix this issues . ( Currently using my old beast the sigelei 150 thank God it never lets me down lol)

bestkeptsecret

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
My sigelei 150 TC mod is reading low resistance, which isn't odd for that mod BUT what is odd is that it is actually reading the coils resistance to half of what it actually is. Like if it's 1.0 ohm it will be .5 and .4 will be .2 and so on. I use my VGOD elite RDTA and my resistance is about .2 so I can't use it on my sigelei TC without making my resistance much lower? Higher? and i dont think that's safe. I' currently having issues with my main mod wismec RX3 and I'm waiting for my heat sink to come in the mail and hopefully that will fix it but untill then I'd like to be able to fix this issues . ( Currently using my old beast the sigelei 150 thank God it never lets me down lol)

The Sigelei 150 TC can handle 0.1ohm – 3.0ohm can't it? You should be fine with a .2 ohm coil on that basis.

What is odd is your comment about reading half actual resistance - Is that with the same VGOD RDTA? Were you using that when you RX3 died? How are you testing the coils to know they are measuring half their actual resistance?

Are you by any chance sticking 2 x .1 ohm coils on the the deck and then its reading 0.5 perfectly correctly because you have two coils in parallel thereby halving the resistance?

This is the excat set up I'm using on the RX 3 and my older sigelei. I dont have an ohm reading and I know I should get one. But my current set up works on everything just not the sigelei 150 TC .and yes reading .2 it should. I used a baby beast to double check it that's how I know it's reading half .I put the premade coils with resistance reading 1.5 ohms and they would work but the resistance was not reading correctly . These test were done awhile back I just threw my mod in abox and said well it's screwed. But now that my rx3 is having issue I'd like to have a few backs up for times when I main mod is down .

Oh and my currently set up works on my Nugget 50w. Lol it reads my set up at .12 ohms and my older sigelei 150w is reading it at .2ohms. and on my old wismec it was reading .2 ohms . Before it died!

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Oh and my currently set up works on my Nugget 50w. Lol it reads my set up at .12 ohms and my older sigelei 150w is reading it at .2ohms. and on my old wismec it was reading .2 ohms . Before it died!

Different mods are going to read resistance differently and some will vary wildly for many reasons. A good ohm reader is an essential tool and the mods resistance readings should be used to just confirm what you already know from your ohm reader.

For your Siglei and RX have you performed a good thorough cleaning? Verified everything is as it should be? 510 connector clean and clear, floating pins are floating on the springs and not floating in liquid, etc....

With it working as expected on one and not the others, the others seem to need attention. Never underestimate the power of a good cleaning.

Welcome to VU by the way.

bestkeptsecret

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
This is the excat set up I'm using on the RX 3 and my older sigelei. I dont have an ohm reading and I know I should get one. But my current set up works on everything just not the sigelei 150 TC .and yes reading .2 it should. I used a baby beast to double check it that's how I know it's reading half .I put the premade coils with resistance reading 1.5 ohms and they would work but the resistance was not reading correctly . These test were done awhile back I just threw my mod in abox and said well it's screwed. But now that my rx3 is having issue I'd like to have a few backs up for times when I main mod is down .

Ok, so let me just get this straight in my mind - Correct me if any of this is wrong / tackle the Q's

Wismec RX3 -

You were using a VGOD RDTA on it and what you were getting overheating problems Leading you to order a new heatsink for it? What was it actually doing - just getting too hot for your liking? Giving an error message?

What was this reading your coil resistance at? Did you consider this to be over-reading/ under reading / About right?

Sigelei 150 TC mod

You've tried using your VGOD RDTA on it and it doesn't work? how so? Is it not firing or what? Are you just saying it doesn't work because it measures your actual VGOD RDTA coil resistance at half of what it actually is?

Have you tried anything with this mod recently or has this been chucked in a cupboard without you going near it since you tested it some time ago with a Baby Beast tank and found it to be reading half of the resistance of 'known resistance' stock coils?

Did you just test it with one smok coil? or multiple smok prebuilt coils? If you did test it with multiple coils did you use different coils with different 'known resistances' and was it reading 1/2 of what they actually were each time?

The Sigelei 150

This is what you are using right now? Are you using your VGOD on it or are you using the Baby Beast on it? Is it behaving completely normally? Reading resistance correctly?

Nugget 50w.

Which version is it? The 2000mA version/ V1 / V2 ?
Did you test both your VGOD and your Baby beast on this?- is this mod working now with both setups?

Tanks-

Smok baby beast - Have you got this now? If so, what coils are you using in this? If its an own build what is the setup?

VGOD RDTA
What setup are you using and are you using premade coils? If so what is the specified resistance of each coil?

Well today it started messing up.on my old sigelei 150 too so I'm thinking it may be the setup. I'm gonna put new coils in and see if that isn't the issue. And I'll put my baby prince on them that I know is good and see if that works and if not I'll go through and clean everything .prolly needs me too anyway . Any tips on cleaning a mod really good I've never done a deep clean before

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Well today it started messing up.on my old sigelei 150 too so I'm thinking it may be the setup. I'm gonna put new coils in and see if that isn't the issue. And I'll put my baby prince on them that I know is good and see if that works and if not I'll go through and clean everything .prolly needs me too anyway . Any tips on cleaning a mod really good I've never done a deep clean before

Rubbing alcohol, q-tips and microfiber cloths.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Except around the LCD and such.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Qtips, paper-towel and alcohol.

Oh, and if the actual contacts are REALLY foul, I use qtips and autosol metal-polish: work or die, mod!

Do u take it apart? Or just clean what I can see .I know my rx3 is bad about juice going down in it but wasn't sure about taking it apart .

Nevermind not working on old sigelei either! OMG so frustrating! I'm not a pro by any means but I've never had issues like this before. I don't understand!

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Start with what you can see and go from there. The RX isnt too difficult to tear down if you are careful and there are plenty of videos to walk you through it. The Siglei looks pretty easy to disassemble if needed.

Ok, so let me just get this straight in my mind - Correct me if any of this is wrong / tackle the Q's

Wismec RX3 -

You were using a VGOD RDTA on it and what you were getting overheating problems Leading you to order a new heatsink for it? What was it actually doing - just getting too hot for your liking? Giving an error message?

What was this reading your coil resistance at? Did you consider this to be over-reading/ under reading / About right?

Sigelei 150 TC mod

You've tried using your VGOD RDTA on it and it doesn't work? how so? Is it not firing or what? Are you just saying it doesn't work because it measures your actual VGOD RDTA coil resistance at half of what it actually is?

Have you tried anything with this mod recently or has this been chucked in a cupboard without you going near it since you tested it some time ago with a Baby Beast tank and found it to be reading half of the resistance of 'known resistance' stock coils?

Did you just test it with one smok coil? or multiple smok prebuilt coils? If you did test it with multiple coils did you use different coils with different 'known resistances' and was it reading 1/2 of what they actually were each time?

The Sigelei 150

This is what you are using right now? Are you using your VGOD on it or are you using the Baby Beast on it? Is it behaving completely normally? Reading resistance correctly?

Nugget 50w.

Which version is it? The 2000mA version/ V1 / V2 ?
Did you test both your VGOD and your Baby beast on this?- is this mod working now with both setups?

Tanks-

Smok baby beast - Have you got this now? If so, what coils are you using in this? If its an own build what is the setup?

VGOD RDTA
What setup are you using and are you using premade coils? If so what is the specified resistance of each coil?
Now today none of my mods are reading correctly with the vgod or the baby. The baby is a 1.5 ohm it's reasing 3.0 on the old sieglie and wount work on the wismec . I'm using prebuilt coils on my VGOD but I'm not sure what the ohms are suppose to be a friend gave me a bunch from a set he bought but I think .3 on a dual set u0 is what I have now. Oh and the nuggets a V2 which isntnworkong right either that's why I thought it was my set up .it's charging now I'll check with my new set up and see if it's working right now .I've never cleaned any of them other than wiping them off here and there and never had an issue tillmi started using the RDTA which has more leakage than other tanks I've used so I'm thinking maybe that's the problem. I'm about to just order another mod and say screw this but what if it happens to it too!!

bestkeptsecret

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I'm about to just order another mod and say screw this but what if it happens to it too!!
This is my main concern for you. I do wonder if there was something wrong with your VGOD build and as you've been plugging it into your various mods you've been damaging them.

Its one of the things I was hoping we could rule out via my '20 questions' post earlier.

It would be a lot easier if you had an ohmmeter so you could test the coils you are installing into the VGOD, and then check the deck once they are installed. I'd put one on your shopping list. Like you say its not ideal to order another mod and then damage it too. Plugging your RDTA into a mod to check it is set up right really isn't the way to go, you need to be able to check it before you plug it into something.

On the cleaning front yes you should keep your gear cleaned and maintained so doing so now is no bad thing, but i'm not buying that as the problem you are having. You wouldn't be seeing half the resistance you were expecting to see. Its odd that you are now seeing double what you are expecting with the baby tank on the Sigelei.

I'm getting frustrated I can't work out what is going on so I can only imagine how fed up you are right now!

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey, feel free to order another - different mod - and order an atty, too.

Then, pour a drink, grab a mod and atty, and take each down as far as your tools allow. Clean 'em and reassemble 'em. A meter would help with the atty, but C'est la vie!

One of the most dangerous things with stupid mods is: most are not conformal-coated: they are NOT water resistant (or juice) at all.. Alcohol is far less an issue, if you allow it all to dry out first. Evolv are coated - I think YiHi are, or pretend to be. You can just expect no one else to do so.

Another issue is a ton of mods use half-assed, sub-standard wiring - like multiple gauges too small - and even shit solder-connections. Ego's did it, Wismec did it, etc. You may need to examine connections, and may need to get an iron and learn to solder.

If all of this is too much like work, then get a replacement and gift the old mods to someone competent with caveats of the issues.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Never underestimate the power of a good cleaning.

Had gotten a little off the rails myself by neglecting some basic cleaning. Doesn't take much to
quickly see that as an error and your advice there as a good word.

VU Sponsors