Become a Patron!

Updates on the IPV4????

Dave Sak

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just sent a request for information on my account to gear best. They say they answer within 24 hrs. I will keep you posted.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I am not mad at gearbest or any other vendor, not like they are sitting on the units, saying 'lets keep them waiting'

I would rather wait longer and get a good mod, than them rush it out the door and then have problems.

The choice is wait it out or cancel the order, I did cancel once because of the delays, but when saw it for $65 at gearbest, I thought the wait is worth it for that price.

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I am not mad at gearbest or any other vendor, not like they are sitting on the units, saying 'lets keep them waiting'

I would rather wait longer and get a good mod, than them rush it out the door and then have problems.

The choice is wait it out or cancel the order, I did cancel once because of the delays, but when saw it for $65 at gearbest, I thought the wait is worth it for that price.
Absolutely agree with that. But as I said like 5 pages ago a ballpark figure would have been nice to know lol

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What I read at the other place, don't know if true or not, but more flames for the fire

So I just talked to my vendor. There's good news and bad news. Good news: the IPv4 is definitely shipping out this week. The bad news: Each vendor is only receiving 50 units. With more units shipping out the following week.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I've done a preorder twice now.

Never ever ever ever ever ever ever again.
The savings is definitely nice, but I have next to zero patience and a week heart. Lmao

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Man, these delays keep me debating wether I should just get one. The price is so damn good. It's been in the cart, then removed countless times now.

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It will happen soon. Everyone seems to be saying it

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
lol you are bound to cave soon. I was doing the same thing with the M class and now I have a tracking # lol
If I hadn't just bought an iPV Mini 2, it would be done. Having the iPV3 and the Mini 2 make even my warped mind have difficulty not waiting. That $30 saved is two pair of batteries, though.... Hmmmm, lol.

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well I heard back from gearbest through a ticket I submitted...as the site says the presale ends may 1st...they said after may 1st they will ship out...if that even helps lol

According to eciggity their expected release date changed to April 30th...so seems to be the same time frame

Last edited:

Dave Sak

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Gear best got back to me and said 7 to 10 days. I pre ordered a month and a half ago. I have never pre ordered before. I will try to calm down and impatiently wait some more.

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok that sounds reasonable let's hope they stick that course and start shipping these god forsaken things lol

Kaged_Gryphon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I don't know how legit this is but:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-04-22-02-13-43.png
    Screenshot_2015-04-22-02-13-43.png
    607.6 KB · Views: 69

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If I had a Vagina it would be wet after seeing that ^

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Cindy Liu is kinda hot

Last edited:

SeaVape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
All I can say is with all these damn delays this thing better be a "Jewel". I have given up on checking for any updates.
I have came to the conclusion that when its ready I will get the e-mail with the tracking #. I really don't need another mod but you all
know how the story goeso_O:confused:

Kaged_Gryphon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Another thing I just noticed is that GearBest is now offering 10m spools of NI200 wire as "pre-sale" gifts to anyone who pre-orders the IPV4. I have emailed asking if we get to choose a "pre-sale" gift if we placed an order before they started that.

TrashCat

Member For 4 Years
I gave in on the 20th and ordered from GearBest for $66.... Thinking that was the last day of the already extended presale :p
Even though they say they will not charge you until they are (almost) ready to ship, my PayPal payment went through immediately.
I was expecting it, but just thought I'd put the info out there.

Kaged_Gryphon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Upon further research, I have realized that the free presale gift is not a single 10m roll of NI200, but 6 10m rolls (0.2, 0.25, 0.3, 0.4, 0.5, and 0.65). Hoping they stand by all their customers and offer this to everyone who pre ordered and not just this batch.

Kaanatila

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
dang man, I agree all of you.

GB is infamous for slow delivery but this time that's the shame of P4U.

All the vendors tryn to cover up their sh*t.

I'm not checking it anymore, makes me nervous.

Hope after all that push backs, they'll deliver at least a decent device .

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
SO i got to skype with P4Y rep last night. Apparently there are two versions being released: A silver unit with a black battery "door" closure and an all black unit with silver battery "door". The silver are going out to vendors fri the 24th and the black will go out on the 29th.

TrashCat

Member For 4 Years
SO i got to skype with P4Y rep last night. Apparently there are two versions being released: A silver unit with a black battery "door" closure and an all black unit with silver battery "door". The silver are going out to vendors fri the 24th and the black will go out on the 29th.

If that's the case, I'm not so sure I want the black one anymore.... But I'm still not convinced those are the actual color schemes... Another Pioneer4You rep told someone the black version would be all black, including the door cover heh heh. (I read that yesterday... Can't remember if it was on the forums or on Reddit)

I think we're all going to have to wait until they actually ship out. :(

Dave Sak

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This is how bad I'm geeking out. Shenzhen China is 15 hrs ahead of us witch means it's the 24th there. So the workers will soon be going to work and hopefully a lot of mail men. :)

IML8

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If that's the case, I'm not so sure I want the black one anymore..... :(

Well, mine's gonna be all black with a black battery cover. If they don't send it to me that way, it'll be that way by the time I'm done with it! I was hoping to have it by the time my Goliath got here, but I got a tracking number for my Goliath yesterday, so it doesn't look like that plan's going to pan out. Oh well, in the meantime, speculating is kinda fun.

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Correction to my earlier post... the black unit is black and black while the silver is silver box with black door closure. Sorry. Black is delayed till 29th for shipping to vendors. I should have my silver in 3 days and will post a quick review here.

TrashCat

Member For 4 Years
Correction to my earlier post... the black unit is black and black while the silver is silver box with black door closure. Sorry. Black is delayed till 29th for shipping to vendors. I should have my silver in 3 days and will post a quick review here.

Phew! Good to hear... Thanks for clearing that up... Though now I'm jealous... I think I'd be just as happy with a big black door on a silver one with less of a wait lol :p

Vash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Welcome to the longest wait of your life lol

a5a06fa1ed8e1d5c8c83dfa1393d1551.jpg

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome to the longest wait of your life lol

a5a06fa1ed8e1d5c8c83dfa1393d1551.jpg
lmao that was a good one.

I am not worried that much I am fortunate enough to not be in any hurry atm. A month from now though I will be like "when the fuck is that piece of crap going to get here" lol

Vash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Same here lol

Got few new things to mess with .....for now

st0nedpenguin

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Looks like P4U may have finally announced a ship date of the 28th for the silver models.

Official release date? Check to make sure the sky isn't falling.

IML8

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I thought somebody might want to see this:

There's a lot it still doesn't clear up, but it's something.

st0nedpenguin

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah so now according to P4U they're shipping on the 28th but according to some vendors they have stock already shipped from P4U.

I'm not sure P4U themselves even know what's happening at this point.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Eciggity says they will have the IPV4 April 30...but I'm not holding my breath... Lol

from my Droid Maxx via Tapatalk

SeaVape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I read on Reddit that a guy on there bought one from a B&M in New York somewhere. I guess they had 20 of them. Anyway it looks like they are being released so I guess that's a speck of good news. Lets all hope they are released soon to all of us.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I read on Reddit that a guy on there bought one from a B&M in New York somewhere. I guess they had 20 of them. Anyway it looks like they are being released so I guess that's a speck of good news. Lets all hope they are released soon to all of us.
I reckon you live up in WA state with the Seahawks avatar, lol
My brother lives in Bellingham and says NW Vapes in Federal Way is close to releasing the IPV4 for $79.99... That's a good price. I think Eciggity will be asking $94 for it...

Kaged_Gryphon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I thought somebody might want to see this:

There's a lot it still doesn't clear up, but it's something.

According to the video it looks like the black one simply has a mirror finish cover over the screen and a black battery cover. Kinda far from the "all black" everyone's been saying. Glad I got the Silver one.

SeaVape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I reckon you live up in WA state with the Seahawks avatar, lol
My brother lives in Bellingham and says NW Vapes in Federal Way is close to releasing the IPV4 for $79.99... That's a good price. I think Eciggity will be asking $94 for it...

Oh ya some say its southeast Alaska but its all good. I bought mine from VapeNW 1-16-15 so its been awhile. I'm looking forward to testing out the new mod. I bought the SX Mini M class awhile back so waiting for this IPV isn't that big of a deal for now.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Oh ya some say its southeast Alaska but its all good. I bought mine from VapeNW 1-16-15 so its been awhile. I'm looking forward to testing out the new mod. I bought the SX Mini M class awhile back so waiting for this IPV isn't that big of a deal for now.
I have a pair of 'm' class mods as well, Interested to here the comparison

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I looked at the SX mini but couldn't see paying $200 for a single batt mod ..I got two 150w IPV3's for $109 apiece..love how long the dual batts go on a single charge.. 2 days + sometimes, lol
I did do a magnet swap in the batt doors as I didn't like those little screws..took all of 15 min and works great..
the IPV4 has the factory magnetic door which is a plus...don't know for sure if I really need another box mod though...but it would be sorta cool to fool around with temp control...

SeaVape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have a pair of 'm' class mods as well, Interested to here the comparison
I haven't use the TC yet only kanthal so far. I have some Ni200 on the way to play around with that feature. I'm also looking forward to what people have to say about both of these. So far the M class has been a fantastic mod with how I like to vape. Sounds like getting the TC to work good can be a bit touchy from what I have read.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I was an early adopter of tc, and yihi did a fantastic job of making it so much easier to work with than evolv.
Most of the frustrations with it are people going through the "growing pains" of it or not really understanding it.
But, once you get it, if its something you like then it just gets easier.
With the sx350j, its just a matter of 7-8 wraps at 3mm with 28g ni200.
Pair the atty to the mod, set your temp first, then your joules and off you go.
I've rarely usead kanthal since the m class came in.
One thing though, tc with a kf4 or sqr wont work well because both have an inherent static resistance which screw up the boards readings, so that can be another reason people have issues.
I've been using it with a lemo2, ni200 Atlantis coils and rdas mostly.

SeaVape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sounds good looking forward to it. Some people seem to like the NI200 and some complain of the taste they get off it.
Some say they get better flavor with kanthal I guess I will soon find out for myself. I don't get dry hits very often with my drippier
I just make sure I drip often. TC will be a new toy to play with because a dry hit is painful.

VU Sponsors