VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
After what happened to my mail 3 times in 2 weeks I am feed up with USPS. I did not lose any vape mail thank god because I would hate to ask the vendor for any replacements or refunds due to the USPS FUCK UPS! But may of lost bills or checks.

So if any one here has USPS Delivery Nightmare Horror stories, please share in here with us.

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ya know years ago you could depend on the mail. Rain sleet snow etc etc. Now you would think with modern technology it would have got even better right ? Wrong ! Seems like they lose more stuff now when they can track every step of the way than when the "old timers" delivered mail with no technology. The best is when you mail a package from here to NJ and it goes to like Michigan or Idaho first LMAO ! No wonder why they lose so much money.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It would be nice to privatize the USPS, but let's get serious..how would that work??? A corrupt corporation would go to Dianne Fienstien and tell her they would kick back 20 milion to her for the contract she would take it ...and they would stay ineficent if not more so because our political class are criminals in leauge with other criminals....free enterprise is dead it;s pay to play in the USA...and it won't change till we start seeing Senators in prison cells....like the rest of the third world we are being trained to accept corruption and incompetence as a fact of life.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ya know years ago you could depend on the mail. Rain sleet snow etc etc. Now you would think with modern technology it would have got even better right ? Wrong ! Seems like they lose more stuff now when they can track every step of the way than when the "old timers" delivered mail with no technology. The best is when you mail a package from here to NJ and it goes to like Michigan or Idaho first LMAO ! No wonder why they lose so much money.
Kinda like when I mailed something( I'm in GA) to NY and it went to Florida before heading North!

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ordered some batts and a charger from RTD, and they never showed. RTD gave me a refund, and a month later USPS delivered a ripped open empty package. No explanation. Not even an, "Oops. Sorry". They did, at first, deny they ever picked it up from RTD, although their own tracking showed otherwise. Weasels.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have a Post office box and they keep losing my mail. Its usually important shit like Bank cards and death insurance. How frinking hard is it to put mail in slot? I keep getting the neighbors mail at home. I make them deliver it the next day. They are lazy shits.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
USPS is facism.
But in a fucked up football helmet window licking way.
A private held company that gets government handouts, retirement and benefits with no way to get shit canned.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ordered an item from vvs619 (They are less than 20 miles from me) figured it would take a day two tops...nope took 13 days...Left Spring Valley went North to Oakland with about 6 stops in between, then made its way back down to San Diego and finally into my mailbox.

celticluvr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well I will give you my most recent story... Ordered some replacement coils for mine and fiance's tanks and a bottle of juice to tide him over till the next check came in. Was looking like we'd get them saturday, two different pkgs, two different companies. Well I live in 'Bama and the packages got to Birmingham early Sat morning... the coils left B'ham and went halfway to some fucking place called Sylacauga (sp?) and went to the p.o. there then turned around to their sorting facility and then back to B'ham. Fast forward to Monday. Mail Lady ran and no pkgs... I double checked, yep out for delivery. Ok... 5 minutes pass and here comes the Mail Lady speeding up the road backs in the driveway when I'm clearly walking up to meet her and the tuens around to the mail box and puts the packages in, waves to me and speeds back down the road. I just standing there like what the fuck? :kickbutt:

I mean I'm super happy she turned around and came back but this has been happening every time we order something Since like September.... Just put the shit in the Mailbox the first time, jeez Lady. :xD::cuss2::gaah:

Tamer El-Meehy

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
They managed to lose the very first Provari I ordered, and lately six silicone bottles for my squonking gear, and a liter of Nicotine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've had very bad luck with UPS too as of late, if anyone thinks private would be better. Two boxes of important docs shipped together from IL to NJ. One arrived, the other missing since Feb 15. All they would value paper at was $100. Our client wasn't amused.

As for the mail, terrible around NYC. Full mailboxes not collected. Mailed 3 bills from Post Office. One arrived in a week, one in 12 days, and Discover never. By the time I checked, they already reviewed my account and dinged my credit.

I could go on, but when we gripe about things broken that must be fixed, like health care, we are tolerating this new normal. Except when it is our ass.

At a time when we want what we are unwilling to pay for, adding money to a problem is perceived as the solution. But keep spending on what doesn't stay fixed, and we have essentially a money pit of one collective bad used car.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Kinda like when I mailed something( I'm in GA) to NY and it went to Florida before heading North!

I had a similar experience; something I ordered from Fenton, MO (a suburbn of St Louis) came to GA by way of W. Virginia. The funniest part was, in email with the person I bought from, they said "GA's close to W. VA, right?" :giggle: My husband, a St Louis native, said "yeah, that's about par for Fenton, MO". :giggle:

But as for a "horror story"... way back in 2008, we bought a truck; my name was first on the title and loan because my credit was slightly better than my husband's. So, come time to make the first payment, we get a money order, and mail it off with the loan coupon/ticket thingy. And the bank that financed it never received it -- the fucking PO in our small town LOST IT. After that, we changed over to online payments, and never had another late payment... but for the entire life of that loan, we had that late pmt showing on our very first pmt, plus all the hassle we had to go thru, getting that money order cancelled and refunded and then the online payment made.

Since then, we've used strictly online payment WHEREVER possible; it takes a pretty bright hacker to mess with banks' and credit cards' online payment systems, but it only takes one USPS doofus to screw up a paper payment. And as we all know, doofi are far more common that bright people.

Andria

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ordered a VT133 from VapeNW (Wa) I live in PA. Came to Pa in 2 days got sent back to the originating post office in WA went to another center in WA for 3 days Sent back to Pa and finally to me. Doesn't happen to me often but does happen. I have a well traveled mod.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Here's another thing that kills me about the USPS, If you mail something to anywhere outside of this town, it goes to Atlanta and then back out. I can mail something to the next town over (12 miles away) and it goes 40 miles out of the way to get sent to its destination. Also, it's not just the USPS. If I get something shipped via FEDEX, it comes into the Metro area in Ellenwood (just South of the Atlanta airport) and then goes right past me and about 45 miles West into Alabama before it gets put on a truck for delivery to me. :headbang:

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can't even count how many times the USPS did weird crap to my mail. I've gotten things cut open and slapped in plastic "oops, our bad!" bags before, had shipments go clear across the united states before coming back around my neck of the woods, had packaged be "Delivered to Front Desk / Reception Area" ... my home does not have a Front Desk and-slash-or a Reception Area. It's kind of a crap shoot as of the last year or so, but thankfully I haven't been out any purchases. Had one that was damaged in transit and got it replaced for free, so good on that vendor, but nothing's been missing.

Knock on wood.

Firestorm

Member For 4 Years
Mail loop - I wanted to kill them:

USPS-Sucks_zps1d11074a.png

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Once I had to hop in my car and chase the mailman down my block to find out why my brand new Vapor Flask 133 was NOT in my mailbox like the tracker said it was...turns out he delivered it next door

dropstep

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Honestly its getting worse because there closing down more and more hubs and shifting the sorting too other large hubs. My aunt's a 30 year postal employee and they have shut down 2 seperate sorting hubs in Maryland alone. The stuff that used to come into fredrick is now split between baltimore and a hub in virginia.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
While the main USPS Hub and Local office do a pretty good job, that is all negated because my regular delivery person is a LAZY BITCH and just flat out does not want to do her job.

Makes up all kind of excuses not to deliver my mail.

Large Vicious Dog chained to my front porch.
I have never owned a dog.

Mailbox Blocked.
Standard Rural Mailbox (the largest I could find) located on the side of the road. Was a Deer standing in front of it?

Package to large for mailbox.
Since when is a bag with a 120 ml bottle of E-Liquid too large to fit into a mailbox big enough for a litter of kittens complete with mom cat?

Lazy Bitch!

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not a horror story yet, but getting worried...

3/2 ohio
3/3 somewhere else in ohio
3/4 Des Moines
3/6 Brisbane, CA (which I suppose means SF airport)
Then nothing....it's 3/9 and "MyUSPS" just gives an error -
I'm a couple hours' drive away from there...so while I expect it'll stop in another town at least before mine - it really should be here by now.

upload_2017-3-9_13-51-48.png

Canadian Vaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Canada Post is pretty much the same thing, My carrier here is freakin lazy... So yeap I'm a vaper, I average about 10 packages a month, FT/GB/EF/Juice/Prizes etc.. I can guarantee I get the most packages on her route lol... Welp.. They also deliver packages kind of like FedEx/DHL etc as well, they are supposed to bring it to your door, have you sign for it and poof you get it... Well this one never brings it to the door and just leaves a card in my mailbox to pick it up the next day at the post office... I pay for express shipping and have to wait an extra day every time because she's a lazy cu*t, Like literally same as in the video I see her pull up to the mailbox, she sticks the card in and drives away without even attempting to deliver the package.

I confronted her about it one day that I was supposed to get a package basically waiting for her to show up because tracking said "out for delivery" and she comes at the same time every day... she said they don't do that... I told her I've been freakin using this service for my whole damn life and this is the only place I've lived where they don't do what's promised.....

Reported her to CP... Nothing has changed... Thinking of getting my neighbors to complain too... Don't want to be too confrontational with her directly because I like my vape mail in tact lol..

scalewiz

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've never had a real problem with USPS. Made numerous orders from China and USA, on and on, and they always seemed to give pretty good service and accuracy around here. Until now.............

I'm watching my current package take a vacation. It clears the entrance center in Chicago, just 200 miles away and was supposedly on the way here. Nope. Gone to Virginia. Guess the first beach was too crowded, because they sent it to another place in Virginia. Hope the water there is not too warm because I'd like the damn package to turn around and go the other way.

Things like this are exactly the reason we choose UPS exclusively at work. USPS would be cheaper and better for some things we ship, but we honestly can't trust their ability to get a package where we want it in a reasonable time without getting lost or mashed or opened.

Surely there's a foreign company who can come in here and do a better job?

logdawg

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Does USPS actually have customer service? I had a package shipped from LA on the 8th. Looked good picked up and should have been in GA on Sat the 11th. The tracking info still says in transit to destination from the 10th of Mar with no change. Is there any way to get this looked into? Thank You

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Before I moved out to the country, USPS was constantly fucking me over. Out here though is a much different story. My in-lawns went to highschool with the lady who manages our PO and she will call us and let us know if a package showed up after the deliveries have gone out. I did recently get screwed by the NJ PO. Ordered around $60 worth of juice from ejuice direct and it never arrived. I had complepty forgot about it until I read this post. I'm going to file a claim right now and get my money back. Fuckers.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Does USPS actually have customer service? I had a package shipped from LA on the 8th. Looked good picked up and should have been in GA on Sat the 11th. The tracking info still says in transit to destination from the 10th of Mar with no change. Is there any way to get this looked into? Thank You

Yes, they have a phone number you can call, but you have to go thru their annoying phone tree to finally get on hold to speak to an actual person, and you'll most likely be on hold for 30-60 minutes before they deign to pick up the phone. I guess it's how they weed out those with a less serious problem, and determine that you REALLY mean it. :D The "person" you speak to will be unimpressed, borderline impolite, seemingly unmoved by ANYTHING you say... but they'll give you a number, and start a search for your pkg. I don't know if it actually helps your pkg get to you one bit faster, or merely conveys the impression that they *might* care.

Andria

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
My delivery person is the exact opposite of RJ's. She stuffed the box so full I had to pry the first package out with my knife. It was stuffed so perfectly, there was literally no way to pull anything out by hand. Dropping them at the door would certainly have saved her some time, lol.

TrackDay

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Ordered a Glacier V2 RDA from the US which is being handled by USPS. Tracked the delivery today is it's in transit through Dubai on its way to Australia, what the hell?

VapingGuitarist

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
About 10 years ago, I sent out an $800.00 USPS M.O. to order a model airplane engine from distributor down in Florida and I paid for tracking, signature conf. and insurance. Well 3 days later, the tracking showed it was delivered but the USPS I D 10 T never got a signature. So I called the distributor to verify they got the M.O. but they said they did not! So I called their local post office to find out what happened and why they didn't get a signature. Well apparently, Larry, Moe and Curley must have gotten jobs at that Post Office because they kept giving me a bunch of stupid bullshit like they gave it to their landscaper / gardner, (the distributor is based out of a home) So I called the dist. back and their gardener said he didn't get it. So I called the Post Office again and they said they gave the M.O. to the secretary which I knew was bullshit because I had just talked to her. So I went back and forth with the Post Office pretty much all day and getting different names of who they gave the M.O. too! And when I asked them why never got a signature, they said "Oh well our driver made a mistake, it happens sometimes" At that point I was both pissed and scared to death that I may have just lost $800.00! So I went back my local Post Office to see if they could somehow void it and issue a new one or put in an insurance claim. But in USPS fashion they said there was nothing they could do even though even though they lost it and that I had to wait 30 days before I could file an insurance claim but I could pay a $5.00 fee to have it traced. LOL After about 10 minutes of arguing, they waived the fee and started the trace. So after a very sleepless night, I got a very relieving call early the next morning from the distributor saying that they found the money order! Turns out the incompetent sorry excuse for a mail man dropped it in between the incoming and outgoing mail boxes and didn't bother to try and get it or say anything and just left it there! Needless to say I had them ship my engine via UPS in which I got it safe and sound here in Maryland a few days later.

And don't even get me started on the incompetence of my new local Post Office after the old location was shut down as they are positive proof that they obviously do not do drug tests! LOL

Shawn

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a feeling it's not getting delivered on time lol.

The strangest part of it is it arriving back at the 89199 PO but somehow departed from the 89120 PO. They must have a teleporter from star trek or something o_O

I hope the postal service up in Canada is better than our sad excuse of an inept money losing steamy turd :D

Canadian Vaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I have a feeling it's not getting delivered on time lol.

The strangest part of it is it arriving back at the 89199 PO but somehow departed from the 89120 PO. They must have a teleporter from star trek or something o_O

I hope the postal service up in Canada is better than our sad excuse of an inept money losing steamy turd :D
i wish lol, generally it takes less time to get to canada from china than it takes to get to me from 500 miles away....

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's really weird, like the delivery scan above, a TON of people are seeing their mail travel all over the states and back wondering why in the last 2 weeks, I wonder if it could be the big storm that has caused all this havoc. Just crazy

XEVU

Equal Opportunity Offender
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd print that off and take it to the PO and have them explain that BS.
Lol. The explanation is that they have taken humans completely out of the loop to save money. Everything is now automated, so when the OCR robot scans it they send it along the way.

I'm not a feather plucker or a feather plucker's son but I'll pluck a feathered pheasant until the feather plucker comes.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I have been watching USPS in their valiant efforts to lose my my most recent purchase.

Normally after leaving the state of origin, it arrives in the Columbus, Ohio distribution center and then to my local post office.

This time it is getting the grand tour of Ohio bypassing the Columbus DC and arriving instead in Twinsburg, Oh and then heading to Dublin, Oh before arriving at my local post office.

Tracking says it is out for deliver but in the past when this kind of stuff went on, it went back to the Columbus DC, then back to my local post office and then to me.

Only time will tell.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It's really weird, like the delivery scan above, a TON of people are seeing their mail travel all over the states and back wondering why in the last 2 weeks, I wonder if it could be the big storm that has caused all this havoc. Just crazy

Good possibility. The USPS has come a long way from their old "Nothing stays them from their appointed rounds." EVERYTHING stays them!

Andria

XEVU

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good possibility. The USPS has come a long way from their old "Nothing stays them from their appointed rounds." EVERYTHING stays them!

Andria
That's only ever applied to mail carriers, the guy that actually comes to your house.
I'm in Baton Rouge, LA and yes, we delivered during hurricane Katrina and Rita until it got so bad that the mail truck was literally swaying on the road.
Also, we are GPS tracked real time. All day, every day and If a package is scanned, they know within 3 feet exactly where the scan was taken. Furthermore, we, the carriers are written up for anything under 99.8% delivery status be it a missed scan, incorrect delivery ect.
On the subject of privatization, we are already close to there now. For the last 7 years all new hires are "contract" carrier associates. If it goes into full affect you can kiss your carrier knowing the people on his route goodbye. Not to m3ntion mailing a letter for 48 fucking cents to anywhere in the country. Including all US territories.
It's very far from perfect but it's much better and more cost effective than the alternative.
Yes, I order all of my vape stuff thru the mail and bitch when something gets fucked up but the guy that brings it to your house, if he's not contract, actually does care. I love delivering vape juice and equipment to the ppl on my route. It makes me feel like Santa Claus every day.
Sorry for the rant, just wanted y'all to know that there are still some good guys trying to get your stuff to you.

Vape On.

I'm not a feather plucker or a feather plucker's son but I'll pluck a feathered pheasant until the feather plucker comes.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That's only ever applied to mail carriers, the guy that actually comes to your house.

Well... although *in general* the USPS here in N. GA -- metro Atlanta -- is fairly competent and dependable... when there is any type of frozen precip on the roads, the mail does not run, period. Because pretty much nothing else does, either -- motorized vehicles on asphalt do not play well with ice and snow when there is no salt and no snowplows. Once it becomes melty slush, then it's about 50%... some areas will get mail; areas which have a lot of shade on the road, maybe not, if the ice hasn't melted sufficiently.

Though they do *try* to keep the interstates moving, even here (the ONLY salt/plow combos that are available are strictly for the interstates -- but ATL has a LOT of interstate roadage, so it's haphazard). So the big mac trucks full of mail may or may not get thru.

Andria

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Furthermore, we, the carriers are written up for anything under 99.8% delivery status be it a missed scan, incorrect delivery ect.

So that's why on occasion I get a could not deliver, not home to sign when no signature is required or unsafe to leave package or whatever the excuse is for not delivering on the scheduled day... or worse... delivered when it was not delivered.

I would prefer it to be accurate, if it's delayed, it's delayed but at least I know what's going on with it. "Delivered" when it's not in my box and it was a $100 package is not cool.

When they pull those antics it usually delays delivery for a day or two.

XEVU

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So that's why on occasion I get a could not deliver, not home to sign when no signature is required or unsafe to leave package or whatever the excuse is for not delivering on the scheduled day... or worse... delivered when it was not delivered.

I would prefer it to be accurate, if it's delayed, it's delayed but at least I know what's going on with it. "Delivered" when it's not in my box and it was a $100 package is not cool.

When they pull those antics it usually delays delivery for a day or two.
Yes. That's exactly correct. "Management" doesn't really care what the scan is as long as the "clock is killed" on the delivery confirm.
A lot of times the parcel is thrown to the wrong route and in such cases the person with the incorrect parcel is still required to stop the clock. If the parcel actually belongs to a route across town then it will be scanned undeliverable only to be scanned delivered the next day on the correct route.
Yes, I bitch about this also. No one is more critical of the USPS than carriers. Lol
I'm currently tracking 5 packages of vape mail. 3 from China and 2 from here. US

XEVU

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
BTW. Crayons taste great! I wish they made a crayon flavored e juice. Green is the best.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes. That's exactly correct. "Management" doesn't really care what the scan is as long as the "clock is killed" on the delivery confirm.
A lot of times the parcel is thrown to the wrong route and in such cases the person with the incorrect parcel is still required to stop the clock. If the parcel actually belongs to a route across town then it will be scanned undeliverable only to be scanned delivered the next day on the correct route.
Yes, I bitch about this also. No one is more critical of the USPS than carriers. Lol
I'm currently tracking 5 packages of vape mail. 3 from China and 2 from here. US

Typical corporate bull shit from management. Doesn't have to make sense or be efficient, just needs to make management look good.

VU Sponsors