Become a Patron!

USPS is killing me...

Dimplegirl

Member For 4 Years
USPS is dropping the ball with every order I seem to place. Now we all know how exciting it is to get vape mail, but when it arrives at a USPS destination and then it just sits there for 4 days with no movement it drives me crazy. It seems when I order from FL it takes 10 - 12 days to get to NJ :mad: I have had so many shipment from all over the US with the same problem. Anyone else experiencing the same issues?

Faceless Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
USPS really pisses me off. They will take a package at the location and it just sits there for days. Dont they know I got vapemail heading my way and am getting the shakes

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yup. My order from vapobeast sat in Cali for like 4 days, but as soon as it left got here the next day, strange.

Faceless Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It all depends what service level the shipper chooses. If its that flat rate bull shit it takes forever.
Fedex is the way to go

Dimplegirl

Member For 4 Years
AntiClone, most companies I have dealt with do not use Fed Ex or UPS :( Even when I have used USPS priority it takes forever.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What really irks me is when something goes to hell and back before it actually gets to me. My latest purchase came from Baton Rouge, Louisiana. When I last checked tracking, it had just left California. I'm in Tennessee. Why ship it all the way across the country first???

Ngkon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
USPS is dropping the ball with every order I seem to place. Now we all know how exciting it is to get vape mail, but when it arrives at a USPS destination and then it just sits there for 4 days with no movement it drives me crazy. It seems when I order from FL it takes 10 - 12 days to get to NJ :mad: I have had so many shipment from all over the US with the same problem. Anyone else experiencing the same issues?
Same here, I too am in Jersey. My stuff either sits or goes back and forth at the Kearny hub. It takes 2 days to get here from any other part of the country and then 5 days to go the last 10 miles.

Ngkon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Oh and cute sleeping pittie!

whiteshadow

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've had several issues with USPS with the start of the new year. Mot recently, ordered from vapewNW Saturday am and they had it accepted there First Class mail and arrived on Monday!

Ordered from Vaporshark Miami same day am and still haven't arrived...

I think sometimes, a package can be still on the move thru the system but someone isn't scanning or updating the tracking numbers... I've had mine stuck in a sorting machine and the Postmaster at the hub there had to manually pull it and send it on its way...

Not sure, someone correct me if I'm wrong, is USPS cutting back and/or closing offices this year? This would explain alot...

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've had several issues with USPS with the start of the new year. Mot recently, ordered from vapewNW Saturday am and they had it accepted there First Class mail and arrived on Monday!

Ordered from Vaporshark Miami same day am and still haven't arrived...

I think sometimes, a package can be still on the move thru the system but someone isn't scanning or updating the tracking numbers... I've had mine stuck in a sorting machine and the Postmaster at the hub there had to manually pull it and send it on its way...

Not sure, someone correct me if I'm wrong, is USPS cutting back and/or closing offices this year? This would explain alot...
yes, if you look around for the article they cut back the speed of deliveries for first class packages. aka vape mail. damn you USPS

Dimplegirl

Member For 4 Years
Same here, I too am in Jersey. My stuff either sits or goes back and forth at the Kearny hub. It takes 2 days to get here from any other part of the country and then 5 days to go the last 10 miles.

Ngkon, mine goes to Kearny also than 2 other post office before getting to me also. CRAZY!!!! Is yours a pittie too? Very cute!

Ngkon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
LOL, I guess Kearny is a black hole. Yes she's a pit, my 15 month old red headed girl.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
With a (lack of) service like that of USPS, I'm not surprised, they don't make any money.

Dimplegirl

Member For 4 Years
LOL, I guess Kearny is a black hole. Yes she's a pit, my 15 month old red headed girl.

Awww... 15 month old baby. Mine is almost 4 and the sweetest dog ever. But then most pitties are :) I think FL usps is worse than Kearny.

Bobx

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
USPS must not like american people?? I order from Lightning Vapes in Florida on Feb 27 2015 and received it Mar 6 2015 > 7 days:)
Florida to Toronto Canada to British Columbia.
That fast I did not expect.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I live near Trenton nj and a priority mail from NYC took 5 day last week!! Talked about messed up

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
1st week in March. Flat rate priority from Mich to California took 6 days, and a 1st Class envelope from California to Michigan took 10 days. Talk about f'd up.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I have a package that is coming from IN to ID it has been sitting in Denver since the 14th
What's in it... I could always pick it up for you ;) d

They do suck. Also, it seems that they always beat up my juice orders a tad extra, so I'm almost guaranteed to have at least one bottle that leaks. Pisses me off.

I had a non vaping new mail experience last week that pissed me off, too. I ordered two new pairs of running shoes, and Finish Line's cheapest option was UPS ground. It got to the local hub on a Thursday mid day, then the delivery date of Friday changed to Saturday. Next update, they had given it to my P.O. To deliver Saturday. It had been within miles of my house for two days, and I paid UPS and essentially got USPS. I didn't even know they did that.

FedEx is by far the best, but they aren't cheap, and few vaping vendors offer anything but USPS.

Jaaxx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't feel too bad, look at mine from today...
bullshit_zpswvcx6vcg.png

Bobx

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't feel too bad, look at mine from today...
bullshit_zpswvcx6vcg.png
This is yours TODAY????? You sure this is not an old shipment? Expected Dilivery Jan 12 2015!
We are now in Mar 20 2015. Something don't ring right here. They can't be that far behind unless someone is walking the parcel to your place.

I just tract your number and yea that is exactly right?? Some one has screwed up the dates for sure!!

I would give them a call ASAP

Last edited:

Spike64

Vapemail Stalker
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I buy a lot online and so far every package being shipped to me arrives well after the date it's supposed to. Packages that used to take 3 days now take 8 to 10. Packages consistently sit at USPS hubs for 4-5 days for no good reason...Priority shipments are days late. It's horrible...I have several packages on their way here now that are just sitting around and already past the expected delivery date...I'm not one to just shrug my shoulders and just accept this as just the way it is now...I'm really considering seeking out vape shops online that offer UPS or other shipping choices and just paying the bucks to have a more competent shipping company deliver in a timely manner...I'm just OCD enuff about this stuff to do it too...;)

Jaaxx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is yours TODAY????? You sure this is not an old shipment? Expected Dilivery Jan 12 2015!
We are now in Mar 20 2015. Something don't ring right here. They can't be that far behind unless someone is walking the parcel to your place.

I just tract your number and yea that is exactly right?? Some one has screwed up the dates for sure!!

I would give them a call ASAP
Yep. The vendor (Angelcigs) already made it right a while back and sent me another atty. USPS totally blew me off after numerous trips to the local office. They told me there was nothing they could do about it!

Jaaxx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
USPS position is that the recipient has no claim whatsoever. The shipper is the only on who can inquire and make a claim because they are the ones who have a "contract" with USPS. So don't feel bad holding a vendor responsible when USPS screws up. They can file a claim and would be wise to insure their packages.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
USPS position is that the recipient has no claim whatsoever. The shipper is the only on who can inquire and make a claim because they are the ones who have a "contract" with USPS. So don't feel bad holding a vendor responsible when USPS screws up. They can file a claim and would be wise to insure their packages.
That's fucked up, glad you got your atty, but that's a shit policy for anyone who's a vendor. That really leaves them open for trouble, policies like that would have vendors running away from the USPS if it weren't so damn cheap. The flat rate boxes are a dream.

Good for Angelcigs doing right by you. As for USPS, again, fuck that. I had thought it was opposite and the customer had to be the first to open the inquiry, or claim. Almost all vendors policies state that once the package leaves their hands, it is no longer their responsibility. I respect that, and would have that policy, too. But, therefore, unless they're good people, and take the time, they have no obligation to help you, and USPS obviously doesn't give a shit, either. Effectively, the customer has no recourse aside from hope that the vendor is willing to help out.

Spike64

Vapemail Stalker
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's fucked up, glad you got your atty, but that's a shit policy for anyone who's a vendor. That really leaves them open for trouble, policies like that would have vendors running away from the USPS if it weren't so damn cheap. The flat rate boxes are a dream.

Good for Angelcigs doing right by you. As for USPS, again, fuck that. I had thought it was opposite and the customer had to be the first to open the inquiry, or claim. Almost all vendors policies state that once the package leaves their hands, it is no longer their responsibility. I respect that, and would have that policy, too. But, therefore, unless they're good people, and take the time, they have no obligation to help you, and USPS obviously doesn't give a shit, either. Effectively, the customer has no recourse aside from hope that the vendor is willing to help out.
I agree...to a point...but there are more considerations here than just the vendor's side...as the end consumer, I paid my money...the vendor has their money...the USPS got paid...I have nothing....except a promise from a stranger that they shipped something to me....until it hits my hands, I'm out my money and someone else has it...if a vendor absolves themselves of this issue, doesn't at least vigorously pursue the shipper for the package, and I'm left holding the bag when I did everything right, they might as well enjoy that money because, honestly, it will be the last they ever see from me...vendors may have their policies...but so do I...I'm not going to be responsible for or take the hit for a package that I paid for not getting to me...after all, why should I?...I never got it...but people got paid...they got theirs...I'm sure others see it differently, and that's fine...I only speak for myself...YMMV

KatyLoo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

If the vendor purchases insurance for every package they ship their shipping costs will increase substantially and who do you think will ultimately pay that cost?

Fact is, the USPS rarely looses a package. They're just not so good at delivering in a timely manner and unfortunately they often deliver to the wrong address. This leaves both the buyer and the vendor screwed and USPS takes no responsibility whatsoever. Even if the package is insured a claim will be denied because the tracking shows the package was delivered (to the wrong address).

I ship a lot of packages and I've never seen the post office as bad as it's been lately. Vendors can file all the claims they want and all they get back is "we sincerely apologize" - but there's no resolution.

pyro073

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well my package that was stuck in Denver finally moved for the first time in a week. It's in Salt Lake City now. Hopefully they don't send it to Pocatello now. Pocatello is a black hole for packages.

Ngkon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I was of course surprised when I saw this parcel reached NJ in 2 days.....then it went back and forth at the hub.
Capture.JPG

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
^^^ THAT.....For what these people get paid, THAT should not be happening. I mailed a couple things to a friend in Cali on Thursday last week. He received them on Saturday, which is amazing time from here in Tennessee. That same day, same time, I also mailed a couple movies back to Netflix. They were going to Knoxville, about 40 miles from me. When did they get there? Today......please explain that.

Spike64

Vapemail Stalker
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fact is, the USPS rarely looses a package. They're just not so good at delivering in a timely manner and unfortunately they often deliver to the wrong address. This leaves both the buyer and the vendor screwed and USPS takes no responsibility whatsoever.

Umm...which one is screwed?....the seller got paid...seems to me the one who paid and got nothing for his/her money is the one who is actually screwed in this scenario...

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Here's another new one... I ordered an iPV Mini 2 Saturday, from a vendor that doesn't ship on the weekend. I hadn't received any info so I checked in today politely, just as they were shipping stuff out, ironically. My tracking didn't register, but that's normal for a bit.

Here's where it gets interesting/confusing/flux capacitor Back To The Future. Apparently the shipment was accepted at 5:09 PM in Lawndale, CA, 90260 today. Then, at 10:54 PM today as well, it changed back to shipping label created, and pre shipment Hawthorne, CA 90250. WTF? I'm sure it's all good, I've actually had shipping labels show as being created later than the current time, but this was accepted at an accurate time. It's most definitely not 10:54 PM in California, or anywhere in the USA for that matter. I just hope it gets to me. Fuck usps. It's always something.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
thanks.. is it just me, or is the prices going up??
and do not try to get anything delivered in 2 days..
omgosh.. like 20.00 for a small box!
Hey, if you're sending things out, I really recommend going to one of the small P.O.s in other stores. I know in Colorado, Pak Mail has them and it's all the same cost, and Sunflower Market has them in at least one. Doesn't help for receiving mail, but the lady at the Pak Mail by me is so nice. She actually used to work at the big P.O. By my house and didn't have a lot of good things to say.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Hey, if you're sending things out, I really recommend going to one of the small P.O.s in other stores. I know in Colorado, Pak Mail has them and it's all the same cost, and Sunflower Market has them in at least one. Doesn't help for receiving mail, but the lady at the Pak Mail by me is so nice. She actually used to work at the big P.O. By my house and didn't have a lot of good things to say.

Mine is very small and they all know me there..
it's not too bad for customer experience, but..
they seem to jack the prices up and up..
was told now.. the flat rate priority boxes go by weight.. wtf???
since when?? and why does it take more than 2 days..
if in fact its supposed to have been faster than standard mail..

mmm lemme stop beating my head on the wal for thinking bout all this.. :(

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor

Well at least they're nice. My P.O. Knows me, too, and it's not a good thing. I'm a very polite calm person, they treat me and everyone like shit. I never go there unless I have to, though I wish they'd hold my packages for pickup still, but they won't anymore.

I'm gonna be refreshing my tracking site like crazy until I see movement with all the weird changes and inaccurate times.

I really wish B&M prices were closer to online, I'd rather support the good ones, anyway. The only things that aren't marked up are authentic mechs, and drip tips, in my area. I just can't afford that.

art247

Member For 4 Years
when i worked at usps they had two sets of emplyees union and temporary paying us 1/3the going rate we would get tours of duty hoping to become permament what we didnt know was that they were privatizing and that was 15 years ago
the post office mail is sorted at general mail facilities or hubs if you call it that at each stop it is sorted and machined a lot of these gmfs are near airports they have a shipping network and sift and sort an old timer told me they used to put stamps on raw eggs and they would arrive intact ...they threw the parcels back then they probably do now by the time it reaches you it has been handled or mishandled many times these people dont get an incentive in pay the whole system is antiquated and cant be fixed because it never profited monetarily like most government entities unlike parks and rec or game and fish etc etc
as far as i know they are and will continue to hemmorage money
thats just my experience

Spike64

Vapemail Stalker
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I went to the PO today to ship a box....the guy in front of me had a Priority box..he was told it goes by weight as well....I thought the deal was "If it fits, it ships, one flat rate"...apparently it was heavy...he paid through the ass...I was wondering if UPS wouldn't have been about the same for that...

VU Sponsors