Become a Patron!

USPS is killing me...

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I went to the PO today to ship a box....the guy in front of me had a Priority box..he was told it goes by weight as well....I thought the deal was "If it fits, it ships, one flat rate"...apparently it was heavy...he paid through the ass...I was wondering if UPS wouldn't have been about the same for that...

i dont get it either, Spike.. :( but i might be looking for better options.. soon!

KatyLoo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Umm...which one is screwed?....the seller got paid...seems to me the one who paid and got nothing for his/her money is the one who is actually screwed in this scenario...
Well you're right, but any decent vendor wants to provide good customer service. The buyer paid their money, has nothing to show for it, and usually just assumes the seller will make good. The seller has no insurance coverage to fall back on even if they paid for insurance. They can try to work with the USPS, file reports on the buyers behalf, but this rarely leads to a positive outcome. Seller has to choose between a buyer who is justifiably irate, or paying for a shipment that was misdelivered or stolen. Unfortunately this situation is much more common than people realize, and the rub is that unscrupulous buyers claiming non-delivery is one of the common scams.

KatyLoo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I went to the PO today to ship a box....the guy in front of me had a Priority box..he was told it goes by weight as well....I thought the deal was "If it fits, it ships, one flat rate"...apparently it was heavy...he paid through the ass...I was wondering if UPS wouldn't have been about the same for that...

PO has a lot of different free Priority Mail boxes - flat rate, regional rate and standard pay-by-weight. So if the box is marked Flat Rate that's what you get but it's usually not a good deal unless your shipment is very heavy (and it fits). You can use your own box and pay by weight unless your shipment exceeds 20 lbs, or the combined length and girth exceed 108 inches and it's going to zones 1-4. Then you've got the pay the balloon charge as well. But if it's going to zones 5-8 and the box exceeds 1,728 cubic inches, you have to pay the dimensional weight which is cubic inches divided by 194, or the actual weight, whichever is higher. Seriously, you can't make this stuff up! And you're going to pay through the ass.

Spike64

Vapemail Stalker
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unfortunately this situation is much more common than people realize, and the rub is that unscrupulous buyers claiming non-delivery is one of the common scams.

Tracking that shows delivery to the address resolves that so I don't know how common that would be, or at least how successful a scam that would be...if such Tracking that shows delivery doesn't resolve the issue of the customer receiving the product, then the vendor is likely better of without that customer...

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
No change on my tracking. Still shows package accepted the 23rd at 5:09 PM, and then Shipping Label Created at 10:54 PM, which appeared well before 10:54 last night. It's as if it's going backwards, I called USPS, I don't want to bug the vendor again since it's likely on it's way. The lady was actually nice, but said her records show it in the proper order, but that they haven't received a package yet. I inquired about the Acceptance, and Label Created, since Acceptance indicates receipt of package, and she just said to wait. Don't know why I bothered, if nothing moves in a day or two I might message the vendor again. I hate USPS. They should do away with tracking if they're not gonna do it right. Just let us know it's been dropped of, and confirm delivery.

I want my new fucking toy that I don't really need! Lol.

Oh, and Ebay tracking initially showed a scan in Hawthorne then Manifest Ack, and that has all changed to N/A now.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Alright, it's accepted at Hawthorne, CA, and now arrived at the Los Angeles origin facility. Delivery date is Friday, so if they fuck up I still should get it Saturday at the latest. It's about time.

Spike64

Vapemail Stalker
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I see stuff in Tracking that was supposed to be delivered last Friday....it's still sitting in California....geeesh...

montijo505

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
fbb87d971ae1303b43f3254ae90aab8d.jpg

Frustrated beyond belief, this has never happened to me. This is just now when I checked since I haven't received it and I ordered since last Wednesday. Oh well what can you do but wait.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
fbb87d971ae1303b43f3254ae90aab8d.jpg

Frustrated beyond belief, this has never happened to me. This is just now when I checked since I haven't received it and I ordered since last Wednesday. Oh well what can you do but wait.....

That sucks. Mines moving and has a delivery day of Friday, so I hope it doesn't delay. Weather here is crappy, kinda rain/snow, so don't know what the mountains are like, which it has to travel through. I have had your situation many times change from that to out for delivery without notice, so hopefully that's it.

montijo505

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That sucks. Mines moving and has a delivery day of Friday, so I hope it doesn't delay. Weather here is crappy, kinda rain/snow, so don't know what the mountains are like, which it has to travel through. I have had your situation many times change from that to out for delivery without notice, so hopefully that's it.
Hopefully that's the case, good luck with yours!

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ordered some derringer top caps from JMK. USPS 5 days and counting from Chicago to Detroit (allen park). It's a 3.5 hour drive.
The package was dropped off on Friday the 20th and scanned in on the 21st, and it's now the 27th.

usps.jpg

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Well, so much for delivery today. It still hasn't updated since leaving L.A., on Tuesday. Delivery date still says today, but my mail kinda came a few hours ago, so... Yeah. It better update and arrive tomorrow. Even if the mountains are bad, L.A. To Denver is not too far, it should definitely be in town by now. I knew this shit was gonna happen. Fuck the USPS.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Ordered some derringer top caps from JMK. USPS 5 days and counting from Chicago to Detroit (allen park). It's a 3.5 hour drive.
The package was dropped off on Friday the 20th and scanned in on the 21st, and it's now the 27th.

View attachment 17717
That sucks. You're so close, too. That tracking, with different cities and days is close to what I see on mine, still getting delivered today, lol. Hopefully they collectively get their shit together, and everyone gets their vape mail by tomorrow at the latest. FWIW, I did reluctantly call customer services, and was very polite. The lady had no further info, but offered to open up a claim for me. I told her thanks, I'm gonna wait at least a day. I didn't expect anything on the phone from those assholes, but she was actually kind. A strict departure from my closest P.O.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I ordered 2 Derringers 2 weeks ago, shipping from Texas to Minnesota. The frigging things are in Washington state at the Federal Way sorting center. Just boggles the mind how the USPS can even sell stamps with f'ups like that.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I ordered 2 Derringers 2 weeks ago, shipping from Texas to Minnesota. The frigging things are in Washington state at the Federal Way sorting center. Just boggles the mind how the USPS can even sell stamps with f'ups like that.
That's truly messed up. Here I am worrying that mine hasn't been scanned in days, and missed delivery day, but should seemingly come tomorrow I'd think. At least mine didn't detour to Washington... Or maybe they did and I just don't know yet.

Has your shipping date changed? That's the best when it's long past the date, yet claims to be getting delivered the same earlier time.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In my situation, literally the drive from Chicago to Detroit is 4 hours at most. So far USPS has taken 120 hours, and it ain't even there yet. How much mail actually moves directly between two of the largest Cities in the country? A lot I assume. I mean, my package should have been on one of the 10 semi truck daily loads of mail from Chicago to Detroit, one would think.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Makes sense
The eta date was last Wednesday.
have you contacted them, yet. I think it's about time to file a claim. If she was gonna do it for me today, I can't image you won't be able to. Still, that sucks. I hope my Mini 2 comes tomorrow, and I wish you luck. I would call USPS. Their phone system will make you want to put a bullet through your head, though. Fair warning, I just mashed 0 until I got in line for an operator.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
In my situation, literally the drive from Chicago to Detroit is 4 hours at most. So far USPS has taken 120 hours, and it ain't even there yet. How much mail actually moves directly between two of the largest Cities in the country? A lot I assume. I mean, my package should have been on one of the 10 semi truck daily loads of mail from Chicago to Detroit, one would think.
Yeah, you might as well have driven yourself to pick it up.

Roguexx

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I ordered some juice last week Monday from Texas, I'm in Michigan. Been tracking it 4 days still inn Texas

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That's truly messed up. Here I am worrying that mine hasn't been scanned in days, and missed delivery day, but should seemingly come tomorrow I'd think. At least mine didn't detour to Washington... Or maybe they did and I just don't know yet.

Has your shipping date changed? That's the best when it's long past the date, yet claims to be getting delivered the same earlier time.

Fuck, Fuck, Fuck! The package is now in Oakland CA from Federal Way WA. Looks like I could have ordered from China and got it by the time I'll get this order from Texas.

FinerVapor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Using USPS Priority in my shop. Most packages arrive within 2-3 business days.

Ya'll probably using cheap first class.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Something is going on with USPS, whether it's shut down and consolidated sorting facilities, cut back on transportation, who knows.

Detroit to LA priority flat rate used to take two days. Now takes 6 days

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Something is going on with USPS, whether it's shut down and consolidated sorting facilities, cut back on transportation, who knows.

I get junk mail from CA with postmarks two days old, yet can't get a USPS First class package in under 2 weeks. Kinda shows where the loyalty of the USPS is.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I get junk mail from CA with postmarks two days old, yet can't get a USPS First class package in under 2 weeks. Kinda shows where the loyalty of the USPS is.

I think your right about who USPS selects to service well. Giant Vapes for instance, out east. They ship everything priority and packages always arrive on time or earlier. I've gotten a package from them next day one time. Normally takes 2 days, but never 3.

I guess it's possible since they have a high volume account with USPS, their packages are expedited somehow, and the rest of us who pay full price for shipping can fuck off.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Fuck, Fuck, Fuck! The package is now in Oakland CA from Federal Way WA. Looks like I could have ordered from China and got it by the time I'll get this order from Texas.
I know you want your Vape Mail, and are pissed, as would I be. However, your situation is bordering on comically fucked up at this point. I'd definitely give them a call.

Mines out for delivery... Should arrive soon, but my mailman is so inconsistent.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Well, my shiny kettle iPV Mini 2 came a couple hours ago. It's pretty spiffy. It's pretty damn robust, and fits very comfortably in the hand. A good companion for it's bigger brother.

A day late ain't that bad, I feel for all of you still waiting. Good luck with those "clever" routes being taken. Makes no sense.

Kkay

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think the consolidated sorting facilities is the problem. They cut back too many. I know they did in my area. USPS has had many screw ups in my deliveries too. I could name some classic ones. So I decided to do Federal Express since I was forced to use priority for my battery shipment. So I decided less than fifty cents more, would be perfect to try Fed X. HA. They are way slower than first class USPS on this shipment. From California I usually get a package 2-3 days later. Fed X will be a week long journey, if it gets here on time. I am not a happy camper that is for sure.

KatyLoo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
From a far left point of view for sure

Don't know why you would say that. This is just about how poorly run the USPS is. They signed a big secret agreement with Amazon when they weren't prepared to fulfill their end of the deal.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I am convinced that USPS is purposely doing shit to vape mail. This is why I've suggested that people stop using the word "vape" on packages. I have the same problems but it only seems to happen with vape mail, not with other types of packages and not with vape mail that isn't obviously vape mail. I don't know what's going on with the USPS but I can't believe it's just a coincidence that everyone has problems getting their vape mail.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't know why you would say that. This is just about how poorly run the USPS is. They signed a big secret agreement with Amazon when they weren't prepared to fulfill their end of the deal.
I can read. But alternet is a very partisan leftist blog who's only allowed opposing point of view is their own spun up version. I don't trust anything written on that blog site.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
USPS is dropping the ball with every order I seem to place. Now we all know how exciting it is to get vape mail, but when it arrives at a USPS destination and then it just sits there for 4 days with no movement it drives me crazy. It seems when I order from FL it takes 10 - 12 days to get to NJ :mad: I have had so many shipment from all over the US with the same problem. Anyone else experiencing the same issues?
Sorry to hear that, but I have no problems at all with USPS...
But I always pay a little extra for priority 2-day shipping, even if my order qualifies for free shipping...like this last order for juice from NY....I live in southern CA and I got my juice in 2-days, tracking it all the way... I think they indeed expedite 2-day priority deliveries...
Screenshot is my typical tracking I get on all orders......this one is for my last delivery.
a1d3281ab79ff178b4b5731a02029553.jpg

from my Droid Maxx via Tapatalk

KatyLoo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I can read. But alternet is a very partisan leftist blog who's only allowed opposing point of view is their own spun up version. I don't trust anything written on that blog site.

Well I suppose some would say the same about Fox News but that was never my point. Just thought it was some good insight as to how the Post Office is operating from the viewpoint of a former employee. If you don't like that site then don't read it, but there's certainly no need to politicize this.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well I suppose some would say the same about Fox News but that was never my point. Just thought it was some good insight as to how the Post Office is operating from the viewpoint of a former employee. If you don't like that site then don't read it, but there's certainly no need to politicize this.
You posted it, not me. A political blog is a political blog. Funny you would mention Fox News though. The story is more about the big evil amazon and a disgruntled employee upset about being underpaid and not supported by postal worker's union, rather than a reason why USPS is slow to deliver packages lately. The Amazon sunday is trial in 15 cities for Prime customers as far as I know not nationwide. You can go to Amazon's forums and read the many complaints about people not receiving their USPS Amazon shipments on time either.

KatyLoo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
You posted it, not me. A political blog is a political blog. Funny you would mention Fox News though. The story is more about the big evil amazon and a disgruntled employee upset about being underpaid and not supported by postal worker's union, rather than a reason why USPS is slow to deliver packages lately. The Amazon sunday is trial in 15 cities for Prime customers as far as I know not nationwide. You can go to Amazon's forums and read the many complaints about people not receiving their USPS Amazon shipments on time either.

You claimed you could read but you missed a few things.
The story is about how the USPS has created a new class of employees who are non-career hourly grunts with a high turnover rate. It's also about how Amazon packages are given preferential treatment over Priority Mail packages from shippers who paid full price. Finally it's about how the USPS didn't really have a plan to get all the Amazon packages delivered. All of these things lead to slow delivery.

I'm not sure how many cities are actually getting Sunday delivery. My city is not on the list but I've been getting Sunday deliveries since December.

Roguexx

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Screenshot_2015-03-29-22-20-38~2.jpg almost five days inn Texas so far

Roguexx

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Only option available. Usually get everything pretty fast but this one not so much.

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I sure as hell know that there is no Sunday delivery where I live, In fact Saturday deliver is spotty at best. I could care less about the politics of the situation as making a matter political is the surest way to either change the message, change the context of the situation, or tank the message. The fact that Amazon and the USPS have an agreement does not preclude having them deliver mail within a relatively acceptable window. Every package I have gotten over the past year and a half has been outside their basic guidelines. A 2 day package sent from Denver to my state took 7 days, a standard first class envelope with 4 bottles of juice took 14 days from the state right next to where I live. The $15/hr contingent workers delivering mail on Sundays does not affect my area, nor does it affect the local sorting centers. The regional centers run 7 days a week, possibly using both statutory USPS employees and contingent employees. The overall issue is that a lot of people are seeing issues with package delivery that is getting longer and longer as the USPS consolidates and closes sort centers due to budget concerns. With that in mind, I shouldn't have to send my Mom a Mothers day present 21 days before the date to make sure it arrives on time. 7 days should be sufficient , but it's not.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I sure as hell know that there is no Sunday delivery where I live, In fact Saturday deliver is spotty at best. I could care less about the politics of the situation as making a matter political is the surest way to either change the message, change the context of the situation, or tank the message. The fact that Amazon and the USPS have an agreement does not preclude having them deliver mail within a relatively acceptable window. Every package I have gotten over the past year and a half has been outside their basic guidelines. A 2 day package sent from Denver to my state took 7 day, a standard first class envelope with 4 bottles of juice took 14 days from the state right next to where I live. The $15/hr contingent workers delivering mail on Sundays does not affect my area, nor does it affect the sorting centers. They run 7 days a week, possibly using both statutory USPS employees and contingent employees. The overall issue is that a lot of people are seeing issues with package delivery that is getting longer and longer as the USPS consolidates and closes sort centers due to budget concerns. With that in mind, I shouldn't have to send my Mom a Mothers day present 21 days before the date to make sure it arrives on time. 7 days should be sufficient , but it's not.
There is no Sunday delivery here either..
But because I live in the country, and get alot of vapemail, I got a PO box up in town... It makes my orders. safer and I can pick up a delivery as soon as the post office opens up...but it's never on a Sunday... Lol

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've been looking at getting a PO box myself. Even though I live in an outer suburb/country area, there are a lot of neer'do wells in the area. For a while there was a rash of mail ripoffs and package thefts, but the PO inspectors traced it to a woman and her 8 year old daughter, who was doing the ripoffs so Mom wouldn't get busted. Nice, Mom of the year material there:mad:.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been looking at getting a PO box myself. Even though I live in an outer suburb/country area, there are a lot of neer'do wells in the area. For a while there was a rash of mail ripoffs and package thefts, but the PO inspectors traced it to a woman and her 8 year old daughter, who was doing the ripoffs so Mom wouldn't get busted. Nice, Mom of the year material there:mad:.
Yeah man, a PO box makes vapemail a lot safer...no worries about a driver delivering it to a wrong address made me get one..that and having to wait for the mailman to even show up lol..Some of my mods I had to show ID and sign for it...no worries about getting them ripped off either...just sayin

Ngkon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just returned an item to a vendor in CA. The package was sent from NJ went on a trip to Florida and had just now arrived in CA. Maybe that is why the rates are so high, bad logistics.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just returned an item to a vendor in CA. The package was sent from NJ went on a trip to Florida and had just now arrived in CA. Maybe that is why the rates are so high, bad logistics.
Where was it supposed to be delivered? Was it cheap flat rate or 2 or 3 day priority?

VU Sponsors