Vaping and right side pain.

Discussion in 'Vaping Health Related' started by ShadowMelt, Sep 13, 2016.

1. Beefbisquit

Beefbisquit New Member

Blog Posts:
    Well that's terrifying. lol

Huckleberried likes this.
  2. Beefbisquit

Beefbisquit New Member

Blog Posts:
    ...did you read the post? lol

I've already been to the Dr.... already have blood work done (x2 actually), already had an ultrasound.... Liver\gall bladder are great, cholesterol is ok.

Pain stops when I stop vaping, starts when I start vaping... what is the doctor going to say\do with that info other than say "stop vaping"..... ? I'm Canadian... Dr's here do as little as possible unless you're dying.

SteveS45 likes this.
  3. SteveS45

SteveS45 Platinum Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    He already went to the Doctor if you took enough time to read.....................

4. Canadian Vaper

Canadian Vaper Silver Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    My guess is you have an underlying condition that somehow one of the ingredients in the vape is exasperating, for me it turned out to be a PG allergy and I had the same symptoms, Since I vape max vg it never really showed up until I brought my nicotine level down to 1.5mg and started vaping 15+ml a day. Brought my nicotine level up to 6mg, started making my own juice using VG based flavorings and never got the problem again.

Beefbisquit likes this.
  5. Beefbisquit

Beefbisquit New Member

Blog Posts:
    I do vape 1.5-3mg.... hmmmmmm

SteveS45 likes this.
  6. MrScaryZ

MrScaryZ VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Go to the Mayo clinic

7. SteveS45

Blog Posts:
    I am NOT a Doctor nor do I play one on the Internet but since you already saw a doctor and ruled out possibilities. The statement in bold makes me think it is the vape or how you are using it! Just my opinion but if symptoms persist for more than three days please consult you Healthcare Provider!

8. Beefbisquit

Beefbisquit New Member

Blog Posts:
    The Mrs. went to the MAYO for an unrelated illness, and it was $40,000 for the week of tests.

I'll pass. lol

9. SteveS45

Blog Posts:
    Hey @Beefbisquit I just realized you never got a proper Welcome! Hope you enjoy your stay!

Beefbisquit likes this.
  10. Beefbisquit

Beefbisquit New Member

Blog Posts:
    I might experiment with making my own liquids. Get some VG, and some VG flavourings, and go from there... if I can completely remove all PG and it still happens, I can try vaping "differently". Go back to smaller setup perhaps, with higher nic...

Thanks for the welcome, btw!

11. SteveS45

Blog Posts:
    What SS coils are you using and how are you using them? I am curious because you said that is the only thing you changed.

12. Beefbisquit

Beefbisquit New Member

Blog Posts:
    I use V8 Baby-T8's
    0.15Ohm @ 55-75W
    Lung hits only.

Been using Naked 100 Sour Sweet and Kilo Black series "Honey cream" recently.... But I haven't noticed a specific trend with the juices, but I also haven't been looking for one in any real capacity.

13. SteveS45

Blog Posts:
    Well I never run my coils at recommended wattage because I find they function fine for me at 20-25% less. I use my Baby Beast coils at 35W Max.

14. SteveS45

Blog Posts:
    Hope you figure it out and that it is from how or what you are vaping and not some un-diagnosed medical problem. Good Luck!

15. COHgirl

COHgirl Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    It looks like a lot of cleaning up has been done in this thread...

Welcome Beefbisquit!

I also wondered about your vaping style, draw. I’m curious to see if you notice any changes if you use a different setup.

I posted my liver issues in this thread a while back. (Like you I said nothing negative about vaping!) I quit vaping to see if it would make any difference. I’m still vape and smoke free, 5 months now. I haven’t been back to get any blood tests for comparison yet. I didn’t have any physical symptoms, just poor blood work.

Good luck finding what needs to be changed to get rid of your pain. N=1

Beefbisquit likes this.
  16. MrScaryZ

Blog Posts:
    Stop vaping then. I mean you could have a worm in your body ever watch "The Monsters inside me" you better do some due diligence and like get additional opinions to make sure

17. Beefbisquit

Beefbisquit New Member

Blog Posts:
    You are unhelpful and annoying.

Huckleberried likes this.
  18. Beefbisquit

Beefbisquit New Member

Blog Posts:
    Thanks for the reply.

It did seem to start after I got my new rig, and before I always made my own coils and dripped... hmmmm... might be worth switching back just to see if it helps.

19. SteveS45

Blog Posts:
    Sure is simple enough test to run.

20. COHgirl

COHgirl Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    The ignore feature is helpful on this forum. I thought posts had been deleted but I think it’s because I put people on ignore.

AndriaD and Beefbisquit like this.
  21. Beefbisquit

Beefbisquit New Member

Blog Posts:
    Just threw together a single Fused clapton NI80 build.... I guess we'll see. Haven't used a dripper in 6+ months.

22. SteveS45

Blog Posts:
    Do you can view ignored content if you actually want to see what was posted?

23. SteveS45

Blog Posts:
    Is it what you were using when you did not experience discomfort or problems? I thought you said Kanthal before and too lazy to scroll up and read! :giggle:

24. Beefbisquit

Beefbisquit New Member

Blog Posts:
    I did say Kanthal. But I have these already built .... lol

SteveS45 likes this.
  25. SteveS45

Blog Posts:
    Did you ever use Ni80? I ask because to diagnose a problem you really need to remove variables. Trying something new could cause a new issue.

26. Beefbisquit

Beefbisquit New Member

Blog Posts:
    I have used NI80 in the past, but not as extensively as Kanthal as it was my first go-to wire for building.

27. SteveS45

Blog Posts:
    [​IMG]

28. MrScaryZ

Blog Posts:
    Use SS it is the cleanest also lower your wattage sounds to me like you are blowing clouds like a monkey and are over doing it. and or have a Pg sensitive but I am still not ruling out a worm as well try Max VG start removing variables...

29. SteveS45

Blog Posts:
    If you would have taken the time to read what he posted instead of derailing threads you would have seen the problem started after he started using SS coils. Maybe you need an appointment at the clinic?

lucifah and Beefbisquit like this.
  30. MrScaryZ

Blog Posts:
    what who needs the appointment you have 9,000 + post s since 2016 who is crazy? STFU

31. SteveS45

Blog Posts:
    Such an immature keyboard warrior. GFY

Beefbisquit likes this.
  32. Beefbisquit

Beefbisquit New Member

Blog Posts:
    Yep. I don't have time for people like that.

Either they're an asshole in real-life and I want nothing to do with them, or they're nice in real life and an asshole on forums because it makes them feel good, in which case I want nothing to do with them.

I don't understand why some folks like to act like a horses' ass for no reason. Guess it's how they feel good about themselves. *smh*

Side note; I did a TINY bit of vaping yesterday on a single 0.2ohm NI80 fused clapton and didn't have any reaction. I'm going to get a bottle of max VG and try to vape a little more today, but I'm feeling pretty under the weather and just don't have the urge.....

33. SteveS45

Blog Posts:
    For some that is their lives I guess? Some people are just what they call Trolls who derail threads and are not trying to spread knowledge or offer suggestions to help others enjoy vaping.

34. MrScaryZ

Blog Posts:
    Vaping doesn't need any spreading and you are not a Vaping Jesus. Please!!!

Whiskey likes this.
  35. SteveS45

Blog Posts:
    What did you find God this morning or they adjusted your Meds? Never mentioned you but..................

[​IMG]

36. Beefbisquit

Beefbisquit New Member

Blog Posts:
    He didn't even say he was spreading vaping, he said spreading knowledge... Which is what I was trying to do with my post.

Hhh likes this.
  37. SteveS45

Blog Posts:
    Maybe this explains it?

[​IMG]

Beefbisquit likes this.
  38. Beefbisquit

Beefbisquit New Member

Blog Posts:
    Bought some juice with no PG in it today (Underground labs MXR lineup)... they use PDO instead of PG (or 1,3-Propanediol instead of 1,2-Propanediol).

Keeping the same build, running a single NI80 Fused Clapton (0.149OHM) @ 40W. Noticed a slight feeling where I was getting it before, but I'm not sure if that's just me being hyper-sensitive and looking for any slight change or a legitimate spasm.

So far, no pain though...

39. SteveS45

Blog Posts:
    I still think you should have used the Kanthal! Hoping to read good news

40. MrScaryZ

Blog Posts:
    Not like this... Now you are adding another variable a non uniform chemical used as an agent to create other chemicals.
    PDO
    Conversion from corn syrup effected by a genetically modified strain of E. coli by DuPont Tate & Lyle BioProducts (See: bioseparation of 1,3-propanediol). An estimated 120,000 tons were produced in 2007".[3] According to DuPont, the Bio-PDO process uses 40% less energy than conventional processes,[4][5

41. Beefbisquit

Beefbisquit New Member

Blog Posts:
    I understand how to eliminate variables.

I'm not running a clinical experiment, my goal is to get the symptoms to stop which is why I've changed a large number of things all at once. Again, the entire point is to not have symptoms, not to find out what's causing the symptoms. I can easily do that later by slowly adding things back into my routine.

I'm basically doing it backwards, which will take me longer to figure out the culprit but affords me the fastest way to a) have no symptoms and b) continue vaping.

Been vaping all day on my new setup sans symptoms. So far, that's a win in my books.

42. eStorm

eStorm Bronze Contributor

Blog Posts:
    I did have similar issues, however at the beginning I thought it was the switch from cigarettes to vaping, and my body trying to get rid of all that bad stuff it gathered up for the last 25 or even 30 years smoking. (Yes I can't exactly remember because its that long lol)

So I waited it out, after a couple of weeks it was getting worse and I saw a doctor. He ran some tests but couldn't narrow down the issue, I did ask him about vaping and my diet I was doing etc, his answer was that he doubt its from that. My blood tests and ultrasound didn't show anything abnormal either.

So I made some changes that were vaping related, switched from kanthal to stainless steel and right away I felt much better.
    Changed to full VG juices and again it got better.

And I say better because I could tolerate it and forget about it, now it felt more of a soreness than actual throbbing pain.

I Started DIY a while back and so I had the luxery to try out different things, I don't have to stick with max VG and can add pg, even tho I'm sensitive to it, as long as I keep it at 5-30% I'm fine, more than that I'll feel that very uncomfortable pain again, and get issues breathing as well as my throat feels like swelling up.

For quite some time after all that I did have no pain or anything, but just a few weeks ago it started again. So I looked at what juices I were vaping, and it was mostly custards. Store bought as well as diy.

I'm not a doctor, nor do I say that this might have been the issue, but I stopped vaping it for a couple days and used some other flavors, sure enough it stopped.

Now listen closely, I'm not stopping vaping or get on the vaping is bad for you train, nor am I saying that's your issue etc. For me personally it seemed to be a mix of the wire, higher pg and the custard (cap v1) I had in most of the juices.

It could be a fluke as well and something my mind made up, trying to find reasons for the pain, who knows. But in my case there were no medical evidence that vaping might have caused it, neither that it did not. My doctor said something very interesting tho, and that was this, if you believe these changes made a difference than stick to them, I can't back it up per data sheet or medical study, but for sure it got you off the cigarettes and that's a good thing. I agree.

Long story short, as you've already done make changes, see if that effects anything and go from there. Saying like most people do that vaping in general is/was the issue and need to be stopped is bs and I'm glad you not jumping on that boat. Good luck in your journey and I hope you can narrow down the issue and be without pain.

Hhh and SteveS45 like this.
  43. Beefbisquit

Beefbisquit New Member

Blog Posts:
    It might very well end up that vaping in general is bad for me, but I would never assume that just because I have a negative reaction to it, that it's bad for everyone.

Here's hoping that the changes will work, and I can continue to vape.... (although the difference in taste going from 8 coils to 1 fused clapton is noticeable to say the least. lol)

AndriaD likes this.
  44. AndriaD

AndriaD Shine on, you crazy... VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    I had stepped away from this thread because of the high level of ignorant trolling going on, but since I'm recuperating from this godawful flu that's sweeping the nation, I took another look. I would agree that maybe trying out kanthal again is something to try; not everyone can use SS -- to me it tastes like rust/burnt metal, or I taste only the cotton wicks, but never the ejuice. So no more SS for me, EVER; it just doesn't taste good; kanthal works great, so if it aint broke why try to fix it. Just like with the PG/VG wars -- everyone swears by high or max VG, but that shit just suffocates me; I have to stick to 86% PG or I simply can't breathe at all -- which might be partly because of my asthma, but I think is really just a quirk of my own lungs; most folks would never be able to vape that 86% PG, but it suits my lungs very well.

I never thought I would say this, but SteveS is giving you good advice. He has redeemed himself off my ignore list with this thread -- good going Steve! Just stop with the anti-PG crap ok? I vape the way I have to because I can't vape any other way. Speaking of which, I really haven't been able to vape for over a week, thx to this goddamn flu and consequent secondary bronchitis, but I can take a few tiny mouth-only hits from time to time, and that's nice. I'm almost done with my Zpak antibiotics, and maybe by the end of the weekend, I'll be able to vape somethng closer to normal, for me; I do miss it, but y'know, it's GREAT to find out that if I'm sick and really can't vape, I don't have a bit of difficulty just avoiding it completely, which was never true of smoking; no matter how sick I was, I was GOING TO smoke, regardless of ANYTHING. Vaping continues to be the best thing ever, by being a great substitute to let us quit smoking, and allowing the hard addiction to ease so that when vaping really isn't feasible, that's ok. :)

Andria

45. Hhh

Hhh New Member

Blog Posts:
    I want to give u an advise ..me too had the same symptoms while vaping and it does appear more with rta than ready prebuilt coil like melo 3 i keep in ignoring that feeling and i start to have short tinnitus and still keept on vaping till one night tinnitus become permanent i cant get rid of it ...take care

46. MrScaryZ

Blog Posts:
    [​IMG]

eStorm likes this.