Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
images

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well, guess I ought to file an update so search parties don't get sent.

Discovering that I'm something of a plow. At my work for the school the County Custodian has been working with me about a month. He has me back to military spec on cleaning, I dare & scare him.

That noted, he came up to see me last night. The way our conversation opened, I knew something was off. He finally looked me in the eyes. "I'm not going to sugar coat it. I got a complaint on you from last week. You apparently didn't do the kindergarten area, forgot it or something?"

Told him I could not say that I had, or not without a specific date. I turn in work checklists every night to my assistant principal. She routinely throws those away, however, and they are not recorded as a means to cover me, as I was told they were supposed to be.

He told me that my work is superb, better than 80-90% of the hundred plus custodians he has for the county. He didn't see how I would have screwed up so bad, having gotten back in shape. Told him I felt likewise. He conveyed the next course might be suspension without pay. Told him he will lose a damn good worker if that happens. He nodded, "don't blame you, you cannot afford that."

It is indirectly coming from someone full time who has got 30+ years into it. They're jealous because in my first year full time, I'm doing better work than they do. Out of that jealousy, they're getting others to file complaints. I cannot outright tell a boss, "tell them to do their job instead." And my big boss that came to see me last night knows all this, his hands are tied as well.

So yeah, I go in and do excellent work but get run off from the rocks I plow up. Nothing changes. I took tonight off because I was debating suicide or go to work. Recalled, I got 3.5 days earned of PTO. Finished at Gabe's this morning, called in a day off, "personal; day from my PTO or sick day, you call it hon. I don't care, I just need a day off, please." Have already began looking for another field to go plow.

And here's me stuck in a $700+ a month room with my cat. Trying to figure out $200 a month for riding home from school at 11 pm using Lyft. *smh* That's $200 I can't spare.

Life, where every day is just another in paradise. *grin*

VU Sponsors